• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December 2017 babies!

all of mine have changed by a few days, I think i ovulate late in my cycles which always caused LMP to be slightly out, with DD3 it was out by a 8days! so my lmp has me due 1st dec but i think it will be about the 5/6th xx

With my DS my date changed by 1 day. I'm pretty sure this date will change by a few days as I definitely ovulated later than normal this cycle.

Is everyone having an early ultrasound/dating scan? I think I will only have my first at 12 weeks. Last time I had one at 8 weeks but then not again until 20 weeks and it was such a long wait!

I haven't had bloods taken yet either but I just applied for midwife so maybe I should just go to my family doctor to arrange for blood test? I don't remember doing the blood test super early last time either, the OB just wanted them before my first appointment at 12 weeks. Seems like different countries have different rules!

Joining this thread, my little one is due December 8. :happydance: Seems like such a long ways away!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site and just wanted to congratulate everyone who's also having a baby in December :) My due date is December 5th, with our 1st child, and my husband and I couldn't be more excited!

Hey All!

I am also asking along the lines of SunnyDee. Where I am you get your first scan at 18 weeks. For me this is far too along, so I will go private to get a 12 week scan.
I signed up with my midwife yesterdday and she offered me a 7/8 week one too? Is it worth doing? I will have to pay for it, although it is not much at all (like $30). So in my head I think it is probably worth it- but then thought I would check with you guys to see what you think? Do you see much? Can it reveal issues that early?

Part of my thinks it is just worth it to see them anyway! Thanks for any advice!

Hello Nikki ans skittles! Xxx

In the uk we get our first scan at 12 weeks and then a 20week svan and if alls well thats it! If theres any problems or have suffered a loss before we may be offered an earlier scan xx

With my DS my date changed by 1 day. I'm pretty sure this date will change by a few days as I definitely ovulated later than normal this cycle.

Is everyone having an early ultrasound/dating scan? I think I will only have my first at 12 weeks. Last time I had one at 8 weeks but then not again until 20 weeks and it was such a long wait!

I haven't had bloods taken yet either but I just applied for midwife so maybe I should just go to my family doctor to arrange for blood test? I don't remember doing the blood test super early last time either, the OB just wanted them before my first appointment at 12 weeks. Seems like different countries have different rules!

Hey All!

I am also asking along the lines of SunnyDee. Where I am you get your first scan at 18 weeks. For me this is far too along, so I will go private to get a 12 week scan.
I signed up with my midwife yesterdday and she offered me a 7/8 week one too? Is it worth doing? I will have to pay for it, although it is not much at all (like $30). So in my head I think it is probably worth it- but then thought I would check with you guys to see what you think? Do you see much? Can it reveal issues that early?

Part of my thinks it is just worth it to see them anyway! Thanks for any advice!
So I had a scan at 4 weeks as we were unsure of if my lmp was an actual period or not (it was :thumbup:). So then I had 1 blood test done, followed by 2 more to check progression as at first they were a little unsure of my numbers doubling (103, 179, then jumped to over 600 :flower:). So I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday - i'll be approx 6+4 and they think they'll see at least the fetal pole but hopefully the heartbeat, too. So we'll see I guess? They're calling it a "viability ultrasound" and to be honest I wish they'd just call it an "early ultrasound" or something, as using the term "viability" makes me cringe.

Hey All!

This is my first, so no prior experience, but I plan on getting a private ultrasound at the 8 week mark (Doc won't see me until week 11). For me, it's just a peace of mind thing because I've been having bad anxiety about losing the baby. I've heard once you hear the heartbeat the chances of a miscarriage go down a lot, so for me that's worth it alone! Not sure if it will reveal much else though.

I had one at 8 weeks last time and there is not much to see, I called him my little nugget at that stage cause that's all we saw, along with a nice heartbeat so i guess to see the heartbeat is worth it but I think I will wait till 12 weeks so there's more to see and we don't get offered both 8 and 12 weeks here.

Myheart do you have the downs test? They cant do that until 12weeks so even if you have a scan before they have to scan you again between 12-14w i think it is for the nt scan, i had one at 11 and 13 because of this with my last x

Yes hun, my scan in 2 weeks is just a reassurance scan because of my losses and to make sure it's in the right place because I lost my tube at Xmas, I will then have normal 12 week and 20 week, plus some private ones in between if I feel I need them x

ah okay, I need to try and find a new private clinic, the only i usually use was where I found out about my MMC and i dont want to go back, shame because their scans were only £39! lol x

Ok think I've decided to pay for one at both 7/8 weeks and 12. I'm an anxious person so think maybe having an early scan will help relax me!

£39 is a very good price! My local private clinic is £65 for the 1st scan then £55 for any additional from 6 to 16 weeks.

Hello everyone! New to the site and would like to join in with a due date of December 8th. This is our third child and we are very excited as after this we are done so I'm looking forward to hopefully enjoying being pregnant one last time (I didn't always enjoy it with my first two, that's for sure).

I have an appointment with a new OB at 7 weeks so hopefully they will do a dating scan then mostly because I will feel calmer once I hear the heartbeat (I have had one early miscarriage).

Looking forward to getting to know everyone a little better over the months and congrats to all the December mamas!

Hello newcomers!

Euphobia, that is an absolutely hilarious username to use on a forum full of ladies hoping for the "good news" of a BFP lol

I've got morning sickness. It's afternoon, but whatever, I'm nauseous. :dohh:

I'm a little late to scan discussion, but I am seeing my midwife next Tuesday about the ovary pain I had before/just after BFP, and to look over my supplements regimen. My fingers are crossed that the ovary pain will earn me a very early scan, otherwise provided we hear the heartbeat at 12wks I won't be having a scan until the anatomy scan at 16-18 weeks!

Euphobia, that is an absolutely hilarious username to use on a forum full of ladies hoping for the "good news" of a BFP lol

I know, right? I didn't even think of that! It's always been a bit tongue in cheek for me. More like "no news is good news" (as in don't worry about things that aren't there) rather than fear of good news, which is obviously the proper meaning. Plus, I just like the way it sounds. 😉

And good luck on your appointment! Hope you get a scan and can take a peek at baby!

Ahhh that makes sense. It's a cute, distinctive name. And thank you, I'm kinda torn because I told my man while I was TTC that I didn't want a scan until anatomy scan time, but now that I'm really preggers I want to know if it is twins SO badly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->