*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

So sorry for your loss babydreamers! Try to get some rest and hopefully you will be back before you know it! :hugs:

I am having my gender scan at 15 weeks privately, then one with my ob at 20 weeks. I can not wait! After 3 boys, I am praying hard for a girl. However, either way it will be a celebration as this baby will make our family complete! It is very exciting to think about what that final member will bring....pink or more blue!

My friends have encouraged me to do a gender reveal party. I have been thinking about it, but not sure if I should. Since this is baby #4, is that silly??

I'm so tired, fhr is faster than ours because the baby is much smaller, so as the baby grows it slows down.

Momto3... if it is a girl then why not! Fx you get your long awaited princess.

I got the results of my nt today... There is a 1 in 1000000 chance of down syndrome, which is apparently equivalent to that of a 16 year old girl having a child.. (I'm 27) the lady actually congratulated me...

I'm so tired, fhr is faster than ours because the baby is much smaller, so as the baby grows it slows down.

Momto3... if it is a girl then why not! Fx you get your long awaited princess.

I got the results of my nt today... There is a 1 in 1000000 chance of down syndrome, which is apparently equivalent to that of a 16 year old girl having a child.. (I'm 27) the lady actually congratulated me...

Hope I get a similar number.. won't find out for a few weeks I suppose. So nervous.

imsotired - what an amazing scan pic :) baby looks like it should be much further along! Not sure about the heart rate, but just goes to show that the old wives tale of being able to tell the sex from the HR isn't much good :haha:

Momto3and - I don't think it's a silly idea at all :) every baby is a blessing, regardless if it's your 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 10th! Go for it :)

AFM - it's just gone past midnight here so I'm officially 14 weeks today :wohoo: I also got my results back from the downs syndrome combined test screening and I'm low risk with a chance of 1 in 27,000 so I'm very pleased with that x

Appt went great! HB of 178...It took her awhile to find and I was almost freaking out! But there it was nice and fast! So happy and excited right now!

Congrats on all the great scan pics and test results! I love hearing all of this fantastic news!

My EDD is CHRISTMAS!! 12/25/12

Super excited to see all these December babies~~:happydance:
Congrats on your pregnancy and if I am reading your post correctly you're getting married in 3 days?
If this is the case wow what a great double celebration:flower::happydance:

Yes getting married Friday woohoo!!!!! We have been engaged since last year and had a date of 3/2/13 set until we found out about our little peanut we're expecting, so we decided to move the date up. We are super excited :)
Thanks!!!

Is it weird that my OB doesn't do 12 week scans? So, I don't get a NT scan? (is that what they're called? lol) Should I be worried about this?? I would get one privately but I know the NT scans around here are very expensive and quite frankly I just don't have that much extra money lying around. I was just going to get a "regular" one, like a dating scan privately but... now I'm confused.

Babydreamer - So very sorry.

mtmnleg - Congratulations to you!

My hubs has been laid off since October and we are finally getting some contract work here and there but it has been a rough ride. On top of that, the unemployment laws changed in April which was unpleasant shock.

so sorry babydreamer

Well tomoz is my scan cant wait im so excited eeeeeeek :D and then a full day of baby shopping xxxxx

Is it weird that my OB doesn't do 12 week scans? So, I don't get a NT scan? (is that what they're called? lol) Should I be worried about this?? I would get one privately but I know the NT scans around here are very expensive and quite frankly I just don't have that much extra money lying around. I was just going to get a "regular" one, like a dating scan privately but... now I'm confused.

It's not weird hun, unfortunately not all hospitals offer them :( which is a shame. There's quite a few here in the UK that don't x

Where I am NT scans are not offered on the NHS, the blood test is but not the scan.

We decided against it, we're both very low risk, and it wouldn't make a difference to whether we had the baby or not anyway so we're not spending the £200 or so it costs.

12 days to go until my 12 week scan.. It can wait as far as I'm concerned.. Have to have blood tests and I don't like them, at all.

In other great news, it's raining!!! That might mean for the first time in a week I can sleep next to the OH rather than slinking off to a spare room because I'm too warm :)

Well woke up this morning and ive was feeling so ill and just like tht its gone so am happy now sitting here eatin cheese and crackers :D xxxx

i am feeling great today just been to see my oldest in her school play she was great! Just settling down to watch one born every minute! Yay.. I can Not wait till Thats me soo exciting,

OBEM is back on? Or are they repeats?

With regards to the NT combined screening - it wouldn't make any difference to us either whether baby was Down's or not, but it would help to be prepared before the baby came along. It's only the woman who carries the risk based on age and/or certain hormone imbalances, our OH's don't as it's not genetic :)

The downs scan is free here but a 12 week scan isn't, usually the first scan is at 18 weeks (crazy stupid country) I asked for the downs scan even tho we are very low risk and it wouldn't have changed anything we wouldn't have aborted, but it was more so I could see the baby again and make sure I hadn't had a missed mc.

I'm feeling much less sick now too, I woke up today not feeling hungover for the 1st time in weeks!

Anyone got any names picked out already? I think we are going to think about it on the flight to the uk tomorrow :)

Momto3 - who cares if its baby #4? celebrate with your party!

trgirl - those are some low odds! I feel like i have known several 16 year old pregnant girls in my lifetime, so those odds seem higher than 1 in 1000000. but in any case, yay!

Imsotired - why do you have to wait so long to get results?

lolly - congrats on the 14 week mark! I can't wait to get there and to put this nausea behind me!

I have my NT scan tomorrow! I'm excited to see the little bean dancing. I will be 11 weeks 5 days then. Once i get those results I think i will be ready to tell the world! How much did you girls who have had the NT scan have to drink before the scan? My doctor didn't tell me, and I have heard one lady say 2 glasses of water 1 hour before the scan.

Had a great appt yesterday! Baby's heartbeat was found easily and was nice and strong! :) glad everyone seems to be having good news this week!

Momto3 - who cares if its baby #4? celebrate with your party!

trgirl - those are some low odds! I feel like i have known several 16 year old pregnant girls in my lifetime, so those odds seem higher than 1 in 1000000. but in any case, yay!

Imsotired - why do you have to wait so long to get results?

lolly - congrats on the 14 week mark! I can't wait to get there and to put this nausea behind me!

I have my NT scan tomorrow! I'm excited to see the little bean dancing. I will be 11 weeks 5 days then. Once i get those results I think i will be ready to tell the world! How much did you girls who have had the NT scan have to drink before the scan? My doctor didn't tell me, and I have heard one lady say 2 glasses of water 1 hour before the scan.

I have to wait because apparently they do 2 rounds of bloods and my next blood test is in 3 or 4 weeks! So after that I guess they assess the results and determine the risk of downs. They also did a scan though measuring baby's neck from a few different angles and the tech said it all looked well within normal range and she doesn't think I have anything to worry about, which makes me feel better but waiting for the bloods is certainly stressful.

And My next scan is around 20 weeks for gender and I suppose maybe checking again for any abnormalities so that appt is July 27th I think. It's the soonest they could get me in at that specific place I guess. I'm hoping I can start to feel baby move soon and that I will be able to hear the HB at the Ob's office in between because 8 weeks will seem like forever to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->