December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

As a new years baby myself I think it is a bit of a pain when younger as your birthday is always in the holidays and you don't get to see your friends much as everyone is busy doing family related things (understandably) but the older I've gotten I've really loved my birthday! Although going away is always more expensive! I used to find it weird when people would say 'oh poor you, you must only get one set of presents?' which I never understood - why would I lol? My birthday wasn't a surprise everyone knew when it was and planned accordingly! My parents used to buy my birthday pressies at the same time as christmas ones and they would always be left under the tree after xmas & I used to love seeing them there for a week :)

One of my best friends' daughter's birthday is christmas day and she says you tend to over compensate as you are so aware of making sure that they have their 'own day' but they have lots of fun with it and her daughter loves her birthday as it gets dragged out longer! I think the key is just making the child feel like they have their own special day which I can't imagine any parent not doing so I really wouldn't mind if I did have a christmas baby.

Really jealous of all of you that can feel movement and proper kicks! I'm 20+2 and just feel "bubbles" and mild taps. Nothing strong enough for hubby to feel from the outside yet..

Is anyone else getting baby fever really bad all of a sudden? Since my pregnancy was unintentional I wasn't really mentally ready for a new baby already at first. Mostly because I still think of my daughter as a baby. But suddenly after the 20 week scan, seeing him looking like a real baby and stuff, I'm DYING TO HOLD HIM. And I've been having a lot of play dates recently with Keebs and younger babies, and I've realized she's a lot older than I thought hahaha. She is soo sweet with babies and younger toddlers. She's always trying to help them and bring them things and comfort them if they cry. It's adorable. I can't wait to see her as a big sister. Ahhhhhh December can't come fast enough!

I am super excited! My aunt brought me over some things she doesn't need anymore. I am SUPER happy to have them. After seeing our little girl things just seem to be a bit more real to me. I'm excited for the holidays. I don't celebrate the holidays but I do enjoy the festive decorations and it gives me a reason to cook huge dinners. I cannot wait to see our little girl! Oh, and I sleep on my back sometimes but I can feel when it gets uncomfortable and I instinctively roll over.

The movements I'm getting are ridiculously strong. Like keeping me up until 3 am kinda strong! Hopefully as she gets bigger and runs out of room it'll be less intense, it's great that she's so strong but I wish her timing wasn't so bad! :)

The movements I'm getting are ridiculously strong. Like keeping me up until 3 am kinda strong! Hopefully as she gets bigger and runs out of room it'll be less intense, it's great that she's so strong but I wish her timing wasn't so bad! :)

Glad I'm not the only one that's being kept awake by bubs! Lol. Hope everyone us well, I went baby clothes shopping yesterday with my best friend and spent £64 oops lol :blush: and OH has now banned me frpom buying any other clothing items :rofl: xx

I miss being able to go and buy baby clothes! We've kept everything from DS and as we're team yellow and trying to save money, can't really justify buying anything more. Boo!

I'm due early December so at the latest can only go up to 18th December. I was in hospital a week last time and really really don't want to be in hospital on Christmas Day as this will be the first Christmas where DS will be really aware.

I like the idea of having a baby in the middle of the holiday season though, Christmas is always so exciting and fun and a birthday would just make everything even more merry!

I'm due Christmas Day. To be honest after 3 years TTC I reeeally don't care when she comes - so long as she does

I bought lots of pink lol, we still have some gender neutral stuff from DS so just added some pink bits :) DS was due Christmas Eve 2011 but was 4 days late, my theory is that he wanted a Christmas dinner instead of boring old milk :p xx

I am so excited! Tomorrow we will be finding out the gender of the baby. I can't wait!

Just back from shopping for baby. I really feel accomplished.
Crib, mattress, crib bedding, changing pad, cover, Swing, Bassinet, double stroller, NB clothes, Blankets, towels, wash clothes, swaddlers, pillow some more maternity clothes. Very few items left to buy before he comes, I think.
DS was born in India. I ideally have all his baby items back in India - clothes and few other things could have been easily brought to US and re-used. But we don't see visiting home back in India before birth. Had a booking done but cancelled.

I can now look forward to all the visitors next two months. I am going to have around 6 ppl visiting us a fews days each during Aug and Sept. Would have appreciated if they could come a little earlier than this. But some ppl don't understand what a pregnancy backache is, especially when they like home cooked food. Our culture is never say 'no' to visitors. Happy that they are here, but too tired to manage a clean home and three times meals.

Congrats bethMaassan! I thought your daughter would never get through the frosting! Lol. I also cringed to see her destroy that beautiful cake :haha:

Has team pink officially caught up? I have no idea of the tally.

I'm starting to stress a bit about having no idea what this baby's name is. I feel like I've looked at every boy name out there, but none really click. Well actually, there are a handful I like but DH either hates them or they don't go with his last name.

Someone tell me some great boys names!

I'm so excited to get done with work today and get home because my dad is at our house painting the nursery for us! I can't wait to see it!

Also, DH was able to feel baby last night, which was exciting! Little one is definitely getting more and more active. 12 more days until our gender reveal party, and it's going sooooo slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->