December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Considering we're all around the halfway mark, what are everyone's thoughts/plans for purchasing baby items, especially more expensive things? We found a crib and dresser that we really like and just came back in stock. My father is paying for our nursery furniture, and since there's a good discount right now as well, I really want to jump on it and go ahead and buy. However...there's a little part of me that feels like I should wait to make any big purchases "just in case." Am I just being paranoid? What is everyone else doing?

Blinker, the way I see it is what will be will be no matter what we have or have not got. If the worst were to happen we would try again and nothing would need to be returned to the store, it's all gender neutral so everything could be used. We already have everything except from the monitors which my dad has offered to buy. I would rather have everything done early but that is just me personally and what I feel comfortable with. There is no right or wrong with this stuff, just go with what ever makes you feel most happy and comfortable.

Welcome to all the new ladies!

We're crossing into the part of pregnancy that's my favorite; in two weeks I hit viability, I can feel baby moving all the time, and I'm starting to show to the point that people can actually tell I'm pregnant! Plus we're still mostly comfortable. How is everyone else feeling?

Same here! :) I am just sick of the exhaustion now. Started as soon as I got pregnant and never left. :/

Blinker, the way I look at it is that something unfortunately could happen at any point during pregnancy. At this point, I don't think bad things are any more likely to happen than they are at say 35 weeks. Chances are, though, that we're going to get healthy babies in December and we should celebrate our pregnancies and prepare for the arrival of our babies!

Twinmum, I think the whole exhaustion going away after 1st tri thing is a myth! I'm still exhausted and with an 11 month old who had just started walking, I don't see it going away any time soon!

Blinker, I am going to start buying soon. I have already gotten the crib picked. I am getting this baby the same exact crib DD has, only it is on sale WITH a mattress included. It is a convertible crib, so it will last them all through life.. Unless they break them. Baby will, like DD spend the first few months in a bassinet in my room, which we are just using the one we used with DD. As for everything else, we are waiting until we know the gender to really start looking. I find it so hard to pick things out without knowing the gender.

Aww yay more twins! Congrats McKitten! So many twins due this month! In another group I go on there are 7 sets! I have 7 yr old frat twins. :)

Thank you :) Oh wow it's nice there are so many twin mums/mums-to-be out there! :D We heard the boys' heartbeats at the consultant app today again which was cool :happydance: and we get another scan in 4 weeks so it's a very exciting time! Are your twins same sex or boy/girl ?

Welcome.to the new.ladies! I will add you when I get a chance :)

We didn't buy all.our big stuff until later, no reason really it just happened that way :shrug:

So glad we only need a few big items this time around and can reuse most of what we have :)

Thank you :) Oh wow it's nice there are so many twin mums/mums-to-be out there! :D We heard the boys' heartbeats at the consultant app today again which was cool :happydance: and we get another scan in 4 weeks so it's a very exciting time! Are your twins same sex or boy/girl ?[/QUOTE]

I have b/g. Glad you got to hear the heart rates! So amazing!

Congrats to the new ladies!

I'm enjoying this part of pregnancy to an extent. It's lovely having a bump and feeling kicks, although I still don't feel a huge amount due to my anterior placenta. I am so much more exhausted than I was with DS though, I guess as a result of having a 2 year old to run after and waking up at 6am every day. My son doesn't really tolerate me resting either, in parks he'll run up to me sat on a bench and yell "up mummy, up"!.

This evening was difficult. My OH and I decided to pick DS up from nursery together. We have a 30min walk to nursery from work and then another 30 mins to home. I was ok until we got to nursery and then I started getting really painful tugging pains in the lower part of my bump and in my back which just got worse and worse as I walked. It took so long to get home as I kept having to stop and double over due to the pain. Argghhh:growlmad:

Welcome to all the new people!!!

Blinker - We bought our stroller last week and we are going to buy all the main nursery furniture next weekend. The stroller was on sale, so that was why we got it so early. My parents will be visiting us next weekend so I thought it would be fun to have them come do the nursery shopping with us. Also that way Dad can help my DH carry all the boxes up the stairs and put them together :) If it was totally up to my DH we wouldn't be buying anything until the 8th month, but thankfully reason won out and he agreed to get what we need when it is convenient. I actually think it is best to buy things and expect a good outcome rather than wait to really prepare, but that is just me :)

I don't know why I even had that thought of doubt because I haven't been overly anxious or anything, but I'm just going to push it aside! We haven't really bought anything yet, and I want to start with some of the bigger items to get them out of the way. I think I'll feel better once we actually start getting stuff. I can be a bad procrastinator, so I'm trying to avoid that with this situation and make sure we're prepared!

Anyone who's babies are due before Christmas, are you getting them "Christmas presents"? We have a 3yo so feel like we should get the baby some presents so Riley doesn't wonder where the babies are. But we're just going to get a Sophie the giraffe, hide and squeak eggs and that sort of thing. Ooh and a pretty Christmas Day outfit cos I always get Riley a Christmas Day outfit and wrap it up :) xx

Anyone who's babies are due before Christmas, are you getting them "Christmas presents"? We have a 3yo so feel like we should get the baby some presents so Riley doesn't wonder where the babies are. But we're just going to get a Sophie the giraffe, hide and squeak eggs and that sort of thing. Ooh and a pretty Christmas Day outfit cos I always get Riley a Christmas Day outfit and wrap it up :) xx

I think we will get him a few small things, just because it's fun. I joked with my DH that I would put a bow on my boobs for him, because those are probably the only presents he will be really interested in :haha:

Just a little toy. I do not want to get too much as I have no clue what the rest of the family will buy so will see what baby gets for Christmas then nip out and pick up anything else we still may need.

Congratulations to all the new ladies!

Love to see everyone's bump pictures they are all lovely.

We still have all the big things from our LO so all we need is a new monitor as well already bought a new steriliser and things like that.

Since I'm not due until Xmas eve I don't think we will be buying anything for baby as I know a few family members will be.

So excited, only a week until our 20 week scan! Hoping bubs is cooperative

X

My first was due Christmas Eve in 2011 and we never bought him anything but he came late anyway lol xx

Yup - a whole nursery of stuff! Haha. For real, I don't know I hadn't thought about it... maybe a cute Christmas outfit to 'open' on Christmas day?

I'm one of those people who buy our dog a present every three years. And has celebrated her birthday once. But I never forget my own birthday, haha! So I'm pretty random, we will see!

Yeah I definitely think at this point you're about as "safe" as you're gonna get til baby's actually here. Maybe at most I'd wait until viability but meh. We haven't bought much baby stuff but that's more due to laziness and brokenness lololol.

I'm so happy to be at the halfway point. It feels so good. I can't wait for the next few weeks when my belly will really start showing and I will be able to feel him moving under my hands and stuff. It's harder to feel him now, actually, than it was earlier now that he's moved up under my belly button. I used to be able to put my hand down by my pubic bone where there's not much fat and I could feel him rolling and swishing but now he's all the way up and I only sometimes feel his feet down there but that's it. But I feel him moving a lot stronger which is awesome even if I can't feel it with my hands.

I didn't have baby fever going into this pregnancy since I felt like I'd just had my daughter but omg after the 20 week scan it is seriously kicking in. I cannot freakin wait for newborn cuddles. And to see his little face. Argghhh!

O and my exhaustion is back hahaha. Not as awful as the first tri but definitely back. And my hips are slowly starting to hurt more and more :dohh: But hey, my baby is healthy and that's all I can really ask for, right?

I didn't even think about Christmas presents. My due date is the 11th so he could easily be here by then. Ughh. How do yall feel about having Christmas babies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->