December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

I think we will get him a few small things, just because it's fun. I joked with my DH that I would put a bow on my boobs for him, because those are probably the only presents he will be really interested in :haha:

Lol. This is the only gift I'm getting baby boy!

Lols poco and Elma. ��

Of course, babies don't know what else could be interesting ��

Knees, at first I was a bit iffy when I worked out that if I manage to catch right away I would be due mid December going off when period was due and I tried like hell to get OH trying a bit sooner, no way after waiting 18 months to start TTC I was going to wait a few more months just to avoid christmas and new year (having to take into acc the possibility of another set of multiples and delivering prematurely again) so March it was! Then I got used to the idea pretty quickly thou. I was more bothered but how hard it will be to come up with ideas for christmas and birthday presents all in one go lol! I feel better being put forward 12 days also and now being due in early december. Plus if we had of tried a bit earlier there could have been a chance OH would miss the birth as he is working in China and South Korea for 3 weeks, mid October - early Nov so if we had tried the previous month that would have been around my due date.

Just woke up after a good nights sleep to realise that I was sleeping on my back. :( I think I was in that position for about 5 hours. I have been reading horrible stuff about results. I find myself sleeping straight all the time. Last few days I woke up several times to get me to either sides. I have completely failed last night. Baby did not move a bit this morning, there is normal heart beat though. I am really worried.

Knees, I'm really excited about having baby around Christmas. I know it will probably make things a little tough financially, but I can plan for that. Christmas was always one of those holidays that was highly celebrated in our home, and still one of my favorites. Since I no longer have my mother here with me, I'm looking forward to creating our own traditions and making it a special time for our little one with not only the holiday season but their birthday as well.

Just woke up after a good nights sleep to realise that I was sleeping on my back. :( I think I was in that position for about 5 hours. I have been reading horrible stuff about results. I find myself sleeping straight all the time. Last few days I woke up several times to get me to either sides. I have completely failed last night. Baby did not move a bit this morning, there is normal heart beat though. I am really worried.

My understanding is that YOU would feel faint and sick if there was a blood supply issue. You should be 100% fine. I've slept on my back lots still.

Hi, congrats, you are one day ahead of me! :)

Aww blinker thats a lovely idea, setting your own new traditions off. I have never been a big Christmas lover. If I didn't have kids I wouldn't decorate at all. I put the tree up 3-4 days before christmas and it comes down 2nd Jan lol. I would take it down sooner but usually just so busy in that week in between christmas and new year lol! My mum used to hate it when I was a kid because neither me or my dad really cared and would refuse to get out of bed and she would be up super early all excited haha! One year when I was 8 she had enough so she bought me an alarm clock, set it for 6am, put it back in the box, wrapped it up and hid it in my bedroom. -_-

I have always just loooved Christmas. It is my favorite time of the year. TBH for me all of November and December is "Christmas time" for me lmao. Just something about it makes me so happy. I guess part of me is a little jealous almost of having to share Christmas with the birthday of my child, but I know that's ridiculous and once he's here it will make Christmas all the more special. I also feel bad for him having to share his birthday with the holiday we celebrate the most. I find it amusing how into Christmas I am considering I'm an atheist lmao! But I just love the traditions and it brings back such good memories of my childhood and now that my father has died reminds me of the times I had with him and I just really want my kids to have that same love of the holidays.

I think it will actually be fun once he's here, it's just weird to wrap my head around it! That's the one month I always wanted to avoid for having a baby but I guess life gives you what it gives you! There are no December babies in my family so he'll at least be unique haha. I will just have to find a way to make him feel special on his birthday with all the holiday stuff going on around him.

There's nothing wrong with laying on your back that recommendation was based on horribly outdated advice based on women forced to labour flat on their back for long periods of time. My midwives say just lay however you feel comfortable and don't worry about it, your body will tell you if you need to move

There's nothing wrong with laying on your back that recommendation was based on horribly outdated advice based on women forced to labour flat on their back for long periods of time. My midwives say just lay however you feel comfortable and don't worry about it, your body will tell you if you need to move

This lines up with what I just read. Especially at only 20 weeks. The studies have been pretty small on effects of sleeping position, apparently. Left side is recommended, but it seems pretty theoretical.

I have definitely been tossing and turning - if I had to sleep ONLY on my left side, my hips would be killing me! They hurt as it is!

I sleep halfway between belly and side with a body pillow, it's how I sleep pregnant or not, baby just moves and over :)

I have two body pillows now. They take over the bed, haha! But so nice to have something to relieve knee and hip pressure!

Ooh in wish I had two! Sometimes I steal hubby:s pillow and put it behind my back, so comfy!

I end up sleeping on my back quite regularly but I did with my other 2 aswell and it didn't cause any problems. I wouldn't worry :)
We were planning on getting a playmat/ baby gym for baby so that's what Father Christmas will bring to appease my 4 and 8yo! ;)

My understanding is that YOU would feel faint and sick if there was a blood supply issue. You should be 100% fine. I've slept on my back lots still.

Yes. This. I wake up on my back at least a couple times a week. I'm not worried. Women have be been sleeping on their back while pregnant for a zillion years.

I'm most certainly NOT having a Christmas baby, and glad of it. I have a friend whose birthday is Christmas Eve and she hates it. She can rarely get friends to celebrate with her, and always feels upset by it. My other friend has a birthday the day after Xmas, and her family always celebrated her half-birthday rather that her real birthday.

I think I'm likely to have a thanksgiving baby. At every scan so far, baby has measured an extra day or two ahead, and my "official" due date has been moved to nov 27 (it was originally dec 1, which is still what my ticker is set for).

Thanks Elma, Luna, Kallie,2ndtimeabz - I felt the baby moving an hour back. A bit relaxed and I think I should get a pillow to get me to sides. I always sleep on my back. Even at this 23 weeks, I feel damn comfortable that way. I think a pillow can change me a bit for the pregnancy time. Was jusy worried reading bad stuff like cerebral palsy:wacko:

Even though the latest they will let me go is December 20th, I think if I DID have a Christmas baby, it really depends on how the family and friends treat it as to whether it ends up being awesome or not so great.

I'm actually really stoked about having a baby near Christmas. Everyone is already festive and happy, you get to see your family and friends and share presents with everyone, and LOTs of Christmas babies get a second birthday party (unbirthday, or half birthday) in June or July! For me, the worst part will be the people who insensitively say to the kid, "Oh, you were born in December? Oh that's too bad." I mean, its okay to feel that way, but why give the kid the idea that it is anything less than awesome, right?

But really, less than 5% of babies are born on their due date. So chances are, our December babies will be all over the place ;)

Thanks Elma, Luna, Kallie,2ndtimeabz - I felt the baby moving an hour back. A bit relaxed and I think I should get a pillow to get me to sides. I always sleep on my back. Even at this 23 weeks, I feel damn comfortable that way. I think a pillow can change me a bit for the pregnancy time. Was jusy worried reading bad stuff like cerebral palsy:wacko:

After your post I read a few different studies, and as far as I could tell they all had sample sizes that were WAY too small, and actually had some contradictory findings and were more about correlation than causation. So just talk to your OB/midwife/etc. about it if you are worried, prop some pillows around you, and sleep on! :D

I think I'm more likely to have a late november/early december baby given my history but I think a xmas baby would be great, I already have a halloween baby :thumbup:

Finally say squash move from the outside last night. I have been getting some absolutely huge kicks and higher up too so this baby has changed position, hopefully head down and will stay put lol! I know I have had plenty kicks over the last 4-5 days which must have been hard enough to see from the outside but catching them is another thing lol! Little ratbag always stops when I watch. That one I saw movement with last night was not even one of the strongest kicks I have been getting lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->