December Testers!!!(114) BFP! (24) (1)Angel Find your TTC/Bump Buddy and Holiday BFP!

Hi ladies. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you really think it is to lay down after DTD and other things? I get UTIs easily and have to go the bathroom after as a precaution. I try to keep horizontal for 5-10 mins but.... .???

It couldn't hurt. There was a study that showed that women who were artificially inseminated and laid down afterwards increased their chances of pregnancy by 50%: https://www.bionews.org.uk/page_50798.asp

If you are concerned about a UTI, I would use a soft cup immediately after BD'ing, and then you can go pee without worrying that the little swimmers might fall out.

Well I tested again today and another huge disappointing :bfn: ahhhh! I am due on Monday for AF so I think I'm out this month since I'm so close to my expected day and the tests (if pregnant) should all show within 5-6 days before expected period right?
Man I think the more babies you've had the more frustrating it gets trying because uve been through this before... I never tried with the others so now this one seems so hard because I've never played these waiting games until now lol it's like- dang it body I should have never started trying and just stopped preventing so that I wasnt aware of how long jt was taking us haha well at least we all have eachoteer to chat it up and pass the time by!

You're definitely not out! hcg levels are different for every pregnancy, and the tests aren't really reliable until the day of your missed period or later. Useless, right?

Congrats on your :bfp: SOOO EXCITING!!! Thanks for the post it all seems to help!

Hi ladies. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you really think it is to lay down after DTD and other things? I get UTIs easily and have to go the bathroom after as a precaution. I try to keep horizontal for 5-10 mins but.... .???

It couldn't hurt. There was a study that showed that women who were artificially inseminated and laid down afterwards increased their chances of pregnancy by 50%: https://www.bionews.org.uk/page_50798.asp

If you are concerned about a UTI, I would use a soft cup immediately after BD'ing, and then you can go pee without worrying that the little swimmers might fall out.

Ok girls call me crazy since this will be my #4 but what is a soft cup? I can tell what it does by reading ur posts but.. Details please lol if I'm out this month I might want to try next month!

Ok girls call me crazy since this will be my #4 but what is a soft cup? I can tell what it does by reading ur posts but.. Details please lol if I'm out this month I might want to try next month!

I've never used one, but I have used a Diva Cup for years for AF so I get the concept. Basically, it's a cup that sits on your cervix and catches/collects AF until you take it out and empty it. As I understand it, ladies TTC put it in after sex to help hold the swimmers up to the mouth of the cervix and keep them from sliding down and out.

https://www.softcup.com/

thanks oedip - i have used softcups in the past and LOVED them - i just didnt have any and felt like, "great. something else i'm not did wrong :( " if this cycle doesnt work, i'll buy more. Tower6, they are flexible cups that you put inside of you - can be used for ttc but are marketed for your period- then you remove them later. they are like those "livestrong" bracelets with saranwrap in the center. they are great great great - hold everything in so you dont get that post-mess to deal with, but i will say, the are VERY crinkly and a little awkward the first few times to put in - best done while still lying on your back after. we had to really lighten up the romance mood because it was like, "that was great! *CCCCRRRRKKKKKKAKKAKKK!!!!* just putting in my cup, dear :) " hehehe :)

:blush:
thanks oedip - i have used softcups in the past and LOVED them - i just didnt have any and felt like, "great. something else i'm not did wrong :( " if this cycle doesnt work, i'll buy more. Tower6, they are flexible cups that you put inside of you - can be used for ttc but are marketed for your period- then you remove them later. they are like those "livestrong" bracelets with saranwrap in the center. they are great great great - hold everything in so you dont get that post-mess to deal with, but i will say, the are VERY crinkly and a little awkward the first few times to put in - best done while still lying on your back after. we had to really lighten up the romance mood because it was like, "that was great! *CCCCRRRRKKKKKKAKKAKKK!!!!* just putting in my cup, dear :) " hehehe :)

add me! I test dec 20th!

ooo this round I used softcups too, didn't want my hubby to know though so I asked him for a glass of water after we bd'ed and slipped it in before he got back >.> am so very excited for the end of this month

Sorry that was blank! Was taking kids to school, I love reading everyjnes posts cuz h feel so much more normal lol we all go through the same situations and sometimes u think ur the only one so I crack up reading sometimes lol I'm gonna try the soft cup if AF shows up, where do I buy one? And it literally goes in and holds it all in? I'm amazed at this- cant believe I'm just learning!!!

:hi:Welcome all New Joiners!!!! GL FXD! You will notice that your name has been added to the front page...:dust::dust:

:bfp: ERINDOLPHIN:bfp: CONGRATS!!! Wishing you a H&H 9 months!!!!

:test: KATIE617, LADYINWAIT, and MRS.2010 :test: Good Luck to you Hun! :dust:

:book: Still waiting on news from MWAAH, AMCOLECCHI, CHARLIE00134, PETZY, CL11, JENHOPE2583, LINDSEY923, and FELCITY 45

PMA LADIES... You are NOT out of this egg chase if there is :af: = good sign!! FXD:dust:

LOROJOVANOS it certainly can't hurt to have noth appointments. In fact you already have your 2nd opinion scheduled.... GL :dust:

LIZLOVELUST even when I was not able to have donations lined up, I still temped and charted in order to have a better idea of my body and how my cycle works month to month, because there are changes, no matter how tiny, so good idea.:dust:

FELCITY 45 I think that it sounds worthit for you to try taking B6, to help lengthen you LP, because any thing 9 days or less is not going to be easy if at all to sustain a pregnancy. GL :dust:

TOWER6 nope.... some tests are more sensitive, even if they say early testing. I have not gotten a BFP early on any tests, even those that proclaim early testing and sensitivity and have been pregnant.... Hang on to hope. :dust:

DESPEREAUX I agree with LORO, I see a little something, however, not to discourage but blue dye tests are simply NOTOTIOUS for false readings. So I would say wait it out till you can get another test Hun! Hope this is the start of your BFP! :dust:

TURTLEMOMMA I am so sorry that you are having a tough go of things, I think we have all been there or will be at some point. Hang on to hope and know that your BFP is near Hun!:dust:

HWPG I am not sure that they are so relevent, however as pointed out when doing AI it is a little higher regard, but what isn't mentioned is that that is because the intrument that is being inserted in order to release the sperm is nothing the size of the "natural" way so things easily push back out. (I use AI so I am VERY certain of this) I also use soft cups to save all that you can. Alot of times that you use the restroom it really isn't the swimmers coming out is the other components that makeup semen, which when using AI is already removed. So I would not fear to much, because a UTI is much less useful when TTC than laying down so try them if you can, if not, don't put too much stock in them. I write heavily inmy journal about such things. GL :Dust:

:hugs: so sorry that AF has flown in on you RIVER54 and FOOTIEC I hope that you will join us again on your next cycle! January will be up in a couple of weeks!

Ladies wanting to Chart/temp Click on my chart in my signature, sign up for a free account there and then fertilityfriend has awesome charting and temping information to follow. It is truly a helpful OV tool and tool to get to know your cycle. :dust:

Please look at page 38 once you have OV confirmed and before you start testing, for motivation on the chase! GL!

Sorry that was blank! Was taking kids to school, I love reading everyjnes posts cuz h feel so much more normal lol we all go through the same situations and sometimes u think ur the only one so I crack up reading sometimes lol I'm gonna try the soft cup if AF shows up, where do I buy one? And it literally goes in and holds it all in? I'm amazed at this- cant believe I'm just learning!!!
haha, i was wondering what happened! yes, it literally holds it all in (unless you bear down, then a little leaks out). after you take it out the first time, and it is all full of stuff and you have not been leaky all evening/day, you will be converted. also, i thought i put it in wrong, but just slide it in pushing as much as you can towards the back, then "hook" it in the front and dont move it. you will know it's in the right place if you cant feel it and if, when you remove it, it's full. hope you dont have to use it but GL if you do.
thank you mrsMM - i thought the same thing (about "natural" force vs IUI and also washing out the extra stuff) but it is nice to hear it from a second person.

I'm going to move my date back, I have one test left and I refuse to buy more.. haha.

AF is due on the 16th and I'm testing with a first response.. what day should I test?

Trying a new plan. Currently on a Bravelle regimen for our 3rd IUI later this month. That stuff is expensive! I hope that 3rd time is the charm!

Well, finished first pack of the pill yesterday. HAd to laugh at myself this evening, did my last pound shop preg test lol broken and on the pill and testing?! needless to say was BFN lol.
2 packs of pills to go then next step :)

I hate waiting. I had my blood work ran on tues and won't have it tested again until at least monday when I see the OB. I keep taking HPT to see if anything changes on those (just in case this is a chemical pregnancy or something). Lines are getting darker. I even took a clear blue digital but now I am reading they give false positives A LOT :( I will just keep on with the FRER and see how those lines go.

gnome thats so funny, i was the same last year.......... not even menstruating and dh doing withdrawal and i still used to test lol :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I hate waiting. I had my blood work ran on tues and won't have it tested again until at least monday when I see the OB. I keep taking HPT to see if anything changes on those (just in case this is a chemical pregnancy or something). Lines are getting darker. I even took a clear blue digital but now I am reading they give false positives A LOT :( I will just keep on with the FRER and see how those lines go.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: i'm sure it will be ok hunny, that seems to be the one downside to being so in touch with ttc, you finally get bfp n then doubt sets in (or from what i gather from the lovely girlies on here) good luck chick hope it a sticky one xxxx

it was like a coin toss moment, could have sunk into deep broken ness depression again, then just burst out laughing at myself n got meself a drink :) well i will have a 'merry' xmas anyway :) now the obsessive is coming in again (laughing at myself as i speak) coz now in my head well if my pills finish feb and i get pg then then i could birth in xmas 2013 -and so the cycle continues lol x

Well i did try softcups during my period and i leaked a little and it was messy to take out, lol they just made me paranoid. But i only tried one and my vagaga is a bit small, but when i put it in after bding it fit right... So maybe during af i put it wrong or something. I cant really get em in my country anyways though so im saving mine just for after bding while ovulating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->