Deleted by OP due to privacy worries.

You have the patience of a Goddess for putting up with all of that. Holy crap. I don't even know what to say... except that I would probably be under investigation for murdering an old lady if I were you. xo

Sounds like it was a great success on your part. You know what she's like and you won all your battles. Well done and enjoy the last remaining peaceful hours of your weekend.

Crikey!!! Sounds awful hun, I dunno how you put up with it! :hugs:

Sarah.xxx

oh my goodness you poor woman is all i can say i would have linched her after 10 mins lol your brave to have coped for a whole of 24 hours or more :-/ you must have the patience of a saint lol xx

good family rant over here lol

but really i would move house without a forwarding address . . . . you could still visit her on your terms but she wouldnt be able to come to you . . .

sounds like an absolute nutjob if i am honest! also in relation to the amount of money you got from her it should be the amount in the will. if thre was not enough to cover the amount left to you then as the executor she would have to find a way to get the difference ie selling off other items in the will such as your grandfathers house

if she has taken money from you then yuo are more within your rights to find out how much she took and demand it back! i blinking well would not because its money but to teach her a lesson! as for paying debts with your money that isnt how it works, if your grandfather owed her money again this would have to come out of another area of the will not your inheritance specifically!

i had this issue with another family member

your grandmother.. is a biiiiitch! I'd've never let her come up with that attitude. seriously.
though i am curious as to why you didn't take her to court regarding the money your godfather left you? I would've. But I'm apparently a nasty piece myself, :rofl:

edit: sorry, when i wrote this reply there were no other responses. it all makes sense now.

errrr sounds to me like she hasnt done probate on your grandfathers will . . . . one of my aunts has done that so that she can override her mothers will when she dies as she is petrified the house will be left to someone else!

:shock: Wow. I don't even know how you put up with that for the entire weekend! What a manipulative bitch!

sorry fat fingers . . . . anyway if she hasnt actually told anyone that he has died then technically - technically - it will be seen as her money and her decision to do with what she will so say if the trust was for say £1000 if she hasnt told anyone that he has died but still gave you £1000 that isnt because of the will thats because of her. . . which makes sense if she was able to take your mums house away and also says she paid for your wedding . . .maybe its her big ego that wants to take the credit for your wedding and she has accidently let slip a bit that she did in fact give you the money because no one knows about the death!

dont get me wrong i am not a legal expert so i could be wrong but we went through something similar not too long ago and also have other dodgy family members

OMG I am exhausted just reading about her, nevermind dealing with her! You must have the patience of a saint!!
I think you handled her well though, and it was probably infuriating to her that you wouldnt engage in any arguments or give her all of her own way! Well done to you both!!
:D
x

Oh and I would get a solicitor on the case ASAP! x

you are so much like my dh . . . all these family members i have mentioned are on his side lol currently no one talks to his aunt - she randomly stopped acknowledging us after we had ds, - we dont talk to his sister but go round to visit the kids, his two sisters dont talk - his dad and sister dont talk, his mum and dad doesnt talk, no one talks to the crazy cousin including her own mother for 20 years a whole section of the family refuse to talk to one of dhs sisters after a family tree rift, his grandmother didnt speak to his dad, aunt or grandad for the last 10 years of her life .. . .

that actually isnt all of it but just goes to show i totally understand! the only person who used to talk to everyone was my dh but some of his family are so toxic, after he met my family and realised he didnt even get any sort of thanks for being so flexible with his toxic family that if they stepped out of line he would just cross them off the list . . .even then it is only a cousin who fecked up our wedding, a sister who got violent with him at his beloved nans funeral and the aunt who just started hating us (me) for having our son. . .. good for you for having the patience

Can I have some of your paience and tact please! She sounds an absolute nightmare. Good that she has gone now and you can get on with your life. She sounds like a right interferring old bat with nothing going on in her life so she makes others feel bad!!

Crikey! Sounds like you had a tough weekend, you did well to get through it, especially with pregnancy hormones! I would have exploded after about 5 minutes. Well done!

omg she sounds awful! all i can say is at least u got it out the way and get a bit of freedom for a while lol!

i cant understand about this money business....if you had inherited money then the lawyer would have had to give the money directly to you? (unless you werent 18 at the time?) i really think you need to go to citizens advice and see what you can do about it. like you siad you dont want her demanding the house off you, especially when you have a baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->