Developmental disorders/learning disabilities/genetic syndromes & more support group

If I could keep co sleeping I would but I've really had enough. Almost 2 years of it full time is enough. I'm feeling trapped now and miss cuddling up to oh. It's impacted on our relationship and as T is so difficult I just need space. That's probably a bad thing to say but it's how I feel.

It's not bad to say. I feel the same. Sometimes mama needs a break, no shame in that at all hun. We all feel like that from time to time. :hugs:

If I could keep co sleeping I would but I've really had enough. Almost 2 years of it full time is enough. I'm feeling trapped now and miss cuddling up to oh. It's impacted on our relationship and as T is so difficult I just need space. That's probably a bad thing to say but it's how I feel.

It's not bad to say. I feel the same. Sometimes mama needs a break, no shame in that at all hun. We all feel like that from time to time. :hugs:

WSS

Sequeena, you amaze me - I don't know how you have managed with the lack of sleep for so long. You are one of the toughest and best mama's I know. :thumbup:

Don't ever feel bad about needing space - I sure as heck do too! :hugs:

It's not a bad thing to say! :hugs: Jeez me and DH havent slept in the same bed for almost 2 years , (except the odd night here and there) and our relationship was in bits. Stay strong, both of you! :hugs: You can get through this! Tori is still in our bedroom as Alex getting up every night will only wake her up, when she does this DH goes straight through and has to sleep on the floor for the rest of the night. You do what you have to do in order to function. xxx

Managed to get DD to sleep in her crib most of the night :happydance: A loose diaper foiled my plans for a late morning though, she woke up at 6 soaking wet and angry.

Thanks girls :)

Essie thats great that hayley slept in her bed, shame she wok early though x

I put thomas in his bed at about 1am this morning. He woke about 2 hours later and sean brought him into bed with us. I was so tired I could barely open my eyes.

Today we're picking up Thomas' new glasses :D I also need to rig ophthalmology as I misplaced his appointment letter and I need to ring his speech therapist as there are now appointments available. Not sure why I have to do all the running *grumble*

I also need to go to mothercare to get 2-3 vests (onesies). Thomas isn't ready to move on yet.

We still use onesies for DD most of the time. She's a wee little flasher if we don't. :haha:

DD did excellent in PT today :happydance: Her therapist is really excited that she will walk on her own with the AFOs. She's standing more and more on her own and catching her balance a lot better. She says "up" and stands up and will put her heels down when I ask her to. :cloud9: I'm so proud of her progress, she's coming along so well. :)

Hope everyone is well. :hugs: Sequeena I hope you got a chance to sleep a little.

Yay Hayley! that's fantastic

sequeena, nothing wrong with wanting alone time. hubby works 12 hours shifts and there are many days he gets home and gets a toddler ( or 2! if we have M) dumped on him, because I am touched out. you still need alone time, and time alone with hubby.

Well done Hayley, she's coming on really well :)

Thanks girls. We're doing 'sleepover part 2' tonight. T is at my aunt's. Fingers crossed it goes well :)

MmmmHmmm! We see your ticker sequeena :winkwink: LO gone and DH home:sex:..............are you ttc this month? :blush:

I'm a bit nosey. I apologize. But wanted to wish you luck ;)

:rofl: I think I may have ov'd already so if I'm right we've missed the boat :) honestly we've not dtd in months. Ts sleep has taken a toll on every aspect of our life. That ticker just tracks cycles now :( I'm not certain I'd cope anyway with him as he is and a newborn. I'd be naive thinking he'd change his habits before the birth of a baby.

Yay Hayley! that's fantastic

sequeena, nothing wrong with wanting alone time. hubby works 12 hours shifts and there are many days he gets home and gets a toddler ( or 2! if we have M) dumped on him, because I am touched out. you still need alone time, and time alone with hubby.

Soon enough it will 2 babies all the time :haha: congrats on 9 weeks :hugs:

:rofl: I think I may have ov'd already so if I'm right we've missed the boat :) honestly we've not dtd in months. Ts sleep has taken a toll on every aspect of our life. That ticker just tracks cycles now :( I'm not certain I'd cope anyway with him as he is and a newborn. I'd be naive thinking he'd change his habits before the birth of a baby.

Your not alone there hun. Before DH was put off work we hadn't been able to dtd much at all. And hell when we had the chance it was like who the hell wants to. This month was a close call again and I have pretty much threatened his life if he gets me pregnant :haha: I'm not ready just yet either.

Have you heard anything about the melatonin prescription for T? I hope you guys can find a sleep solution soon:hugs:

Hi all

Sorry I've not been around much recently. Seem to of been really busy.
There's kind of too much to catch up with so I hope everyone is going ok.

We (or rather pre-school) have just started the process to get a Statement for Esther. There is no guarantee that she'll get one but would rather try. We've also booked visits to 3 schools and we're taking the development officer from the education dept with us so we can find out what provision they can provide for us.

I was also wondering if anyone here does PECs? We are kind of starting it with Esther. I'm struggling to find decent pictures though so wondered if anyone could recommend anything. I've seen various things on Amazon but they are do expensive. As this is just a trial I don't really want to spend huge amounts of money on things for them to be no use in a few weeks time.

there is a seller on ebay who does them....they have a special needs child and found they couldnt get the cards they wanted unless they spent a small fortune so they started making their own and now they sell some on ebay....we looked into it a few months back, will try to find a link for you.

Bit of an update for us, he has progressed well since his last assessment and has gone from about a year behind his peers to around 6-7 months behind. They are pleased with how he is doing and we now need to work on "hard consonants" which are missing from his speech. They say he will need support at school when he starts next year, but they haven't elaborated any more so I am unsure how we make sure he will get the help they believe he will need? It is literally just speech so not sure if I am in the wrong place as our issues seem almost trivial in comparison to others (they aren't to us but I hope you understand what I mean)

there is a seller on ebay who does them....they have a special needs child and found they couldnt get the cards they wanted unless they spent a small fortune so they started making their own and now they sell some on ebay....we looked into it a few months back, will try to find a link for you.

Bit of an update for us, he has progressed well since his last assessment and has gone from about a year behind his peers to around 6-7 months behind. They are pleased with how he is doing and we now need to work on "hard consonants" which are missing from his speech. They say he will need support at school when he starts next year, but they haven't elaborated any more so I am unsure how we make sure he will get the help they believe he will need? It is literally just speech so not sure if I am in the wrong place as our issues seem almost trivial in comparison to others (they aren't to us but I hope you understand what I mean)

Thanks-the link would be useful if you can find it.

Iro the help your lo may need at school-I would arrange to talk to the SENco at the school/s you are considering sending him to. They can tell you what help will be put in place for him if he does need it.

It's Picture Exchange Communication system. You effectively use flash cards for communications but rather than just showing a card for milk the child has to build a sentance showing 'I want' and then 'milk'. The idea is that they have a book with lots if pictures and they bring the 'sentence' to you to ask for things or say things.
For Esther it should only be a short term thing until she can talk properly (hopefully anyway). Other children may always need it.

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/extra-special-friends?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->