diet buddies starting jan 2nd 2011

Hiya Girls, Can I join your diet club?? My little one is 5 months and I have put on 3 and a half stone since being pregnant and I cant seem to shift it, I am determind in the new year to lose it tho , feel really horrible and uncomfortable at the min. I havent got a wii fit but I do exercise dvds and I will be doing a lot of walking as well. lets hope the new year will be a new me lol

I will be starting soon after LO arrives. I have the new xbox kinect, just wondering if OH has bought me a fitness game for it for Christmas :)
I will also be using Janice Battersbys fitness dvd, its one of the best ones ive tried, and will also be walking with LO most days. This will all need to wait until ive recovered a bit though, think it will just be healthy eatting to begin with

My sister is moving down from alaska and is going to help my with my weight loss goal.
We're doing the GI diet and joining a gym.

Let's go team!

all you mummies, how do you manage to cook a decent meal when your on your own with LO? I find it so hard atm to cook a decent meal for us :/

Keeping a rice cooker or veg steamer makes for easy cooking :)

For meats:
Chicken is easy to boil, tuna is quick to make. And it might be beneficial to keep lean cuisines handy in case of busy days or sick LO, it will deter you from grabbing fast food!

Can I join too please? I am currently a size 18 and getting married on 20th August 2011. I would like to be a slim 14 if that is at all possible in 8 1/2 months?!

I did slimming world last year n did quite well but have since put it back on. I feel so fed up and down now and disgusting, I need to do something and stick to it, im just a failure when it comes to dieting! So it would be great to have some support from you girls....I really don't want to be a size 18 bride! xxx

Hi, can I join too please? I'd ideally like to lose at least 3 stone.Harry is 3 mths now and my eldest Jake is 4 in march, I want to be fitter so I can be more active with them. I'm feeling down about the way I look, big and frumpy and just not very attractive right now, I'm only 26 and not planning anymore babies so I want to get in shape and look good for my hubby and my boys. I'll start on the 2nd. xx

I will be starting soon after LO arrives. I have the new xbox kinect, just wondering if OH has bought me a fitness game for it for Christmas :)
I will also be using Janice Battersbys fitness dvd, its one of the best ones ive tried, and will also be walking with LO most days. This will all need to wait until ive recovered a bit though, think it will just be healthy eatting to begin with

Your shape is good im doing the 'skinny jeans workout' 12 session.
Biggest Loser game kicks ass!

all you mummies, how do you manage to cook a decent meal when your on your own with LO? I find it so hard atm to cook a decent meal for us :/

I would put baby in moses basket/bouncer/swing etc to make meals.

Can I join too please? I am currently a size 18 and getting married on 20th August 2011. I would like to be a slim 14 if that is at all possible in 8 1/2 months?!

I did slimming world last year n did quite well but have since put it back on. I feel so fed up and down now and disgusting, I need to do something and stick to it, im just a failure when it comes to dieting! So it would be great to have some support from you girls....I really don't want to be a size 18 bride! xxx

I was tight 18 in jan, think sept i hit a size 14, im not slim 14 yet though maybe about 7-10lbs i will be

See he goes into his bouncer when i'm cooking but 9/10 time's he wakes up and decides he's hungry.
When I do get to cook I try to do extra to freeze some, but we only have a small freezer so can't do load's.

See he goes into his bouncer when i'm cooking but 9/10 time's he wakes up and decides he's hungry.
When I do get to cook I try to do extra to freeze some, but we only have a small freezer so can't do load's.

I dont have huge freezer either :(

My oldest entertains my youngest so that helps alot.

I'm down to 133lbs whooo hooo!! 129 is within reach...

I started months ago, the holiday is no different, but of course the 25th will be an exception. I can't use that as an excuse. Add in every freakin' holiday, Christmas, new years, birthdays, night's out, you're looking at just too much. Have to learn to say no to excuses. Excuses never moved the pounds off the scale.

For dealing with a young baby, I would put him in a sling to cook, or prepare food ahead of time (large batch of brown rice, large batch of chicken breasts, throw several broccoli crowns in a steamer). If all else fails (and mine had colic so this was not uncommon), I'd eat a frozen meal. Shakes worked for me (protein powder, fruit, milk, flax oil, flax seeds). If any of you are BFing, you can keep around avocados and whole fat milk to maximize your nutrients/calories for your supply.

Now, at 6 months, I can put him in an exersaucer and he can watch me.

Another common meal was a can of vegetable soup (a good quality brand, not that campbells crap), add 3oz of precooked chicken and 3oz smoked salmon, instant high protein lunch.

so how is everyone going to diet?

im thinking i might cut down on potatoes, what food fills everyone up but is great for slimming?

im going to have to get rid of all the nice things in the new year :( asit will be tooooooo tempting

im thinking i might cut down on potatoes, what food fills everyone up but is great for slimming?

im going to have to get rid of all the nice things in the new year :( asit will be tooooooo tempting

If portion control is an issue for you, you may want to research 'volumetrics' (the most filling food for maximum fullness)

Lots of vegetables, white fish, shrimp, stuff like that.

I personally think potatos are fine in right portion side, good source of stratchy carbs.

Protein foods fill me up, fish, tuna, chicken i eat alot of these,

I plan on just trying to have at 3meal's aday, cut out choclate snack's, stop with the take away's..maybe once a week...got to treat your self, getting back into going on the wii fit and getting back into walking again...that's how I lost my weight before, walking and wii fit.

Thanks,

Can any one recommend any games for the wii or will balance board? to help loose weight, my mum wants to know some games she can get for me

I'm just going to cut out all the crap during the week, won't push it too hard at the weekend, will allow myself treats at weekends.

The only food that really fills me is bread...and that is bad! Don't know what I'm going to exchange that for :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->