Dieting while ttc - any advice or people in same position?

I think that's great youngmamttc!!! They must see how well you're doing!! 30 lbs is quite a lot aswell, I think anyway!
I'd say go for it! But it's totally up to you ofcourse! But it might help you to get stay motivated, to see yourself up there!

I love almond milk too. I could never drink milk. I was always way too intolerant. I made me miserable, but almond milk is awesome. I use it to mix up my protein power and it gives is an awesome flavor. I think that is great that they want to use your progress pics on their wall. What an honor!

Hey ladies, I too am trying to start a diet and fitness plan but am worried a little about the fitness part during the tww. I feel like before O I'm really good about doing aerobics dvd's and eating healthy but during the tww I get scared that too much excercise might ruin my chances of conceiving. I just wanted to know what your thoughts were on this topic. Thanks!

Hey ladies, I too am trying to start a diet and fitness plan but am worried a little about the fitness part during the tww. I feel like before O I'm really good about doing aerobics dvd's and eating healthy but during the tww I get scared that too much excercise might ruin my chances of conceiving. I just wanted to know what your thoughts were on this topic. Thanks!

I'm the same. Especially cause we had a mc in October so really don't wanna risk anything, even with light exercise. So me and hubby have agreed that I'm just gonna stick to the diet during the 2ww and just do exercise when I know I'm not pregnant, so basically up until ovulation.

I've got my birthday weight back off now (yey!) and I've worked hard in the gym today. Beginning to struggle with my 150 miles in March challenge though so I'm going to need to go around the block a few times tonight if I'm not careful.
I'm now 10kg (about 20lb) off my ideal weight bracket, it seems like a long way to go but I'm closer than I've been before. I'm 79kg as of this morning so still fairly overweight but I'm proud to announce I am not a BMI 27 :D

I understand how i feel London, i work 12 hour shifts and i can barely walk upstairs let along do some exercise after and then when i go get days off its usually after my night shifts and im too tired to exercise. I used to swim quite alot so hope to get back into that. I just wanted to say i have lost 6 pounds this week!!!!!! its the news i needed to hear to keep me going even tho i did have a bacon roll this morning after my night shift i have still help it within my points. Big smile for me today!!

We're gonna have a naughty dinner on sunday! Hubby is taking me and our son out for dinner for mother's day :) Great start to the first week of dieting :winkwink: Oh well!
We've been doing pretty well so far this week though!! And we could do with having a nice night out!

Got to treat yourself sometimes to keep the motivation up.
Hence the beer in my hand :p

True! The only bad thing is that it's the night before weigh-in #1. Would like to know how much I lost. But I guess we eat early anyway and our worst thing before dieting was snacking late in the evening. And we won't do that again! So hopefully we'll be able to still do well! I've got some calories left from today and yesterday though. So maybe I won't go over my weekly calories so much!

True! The only bad thing is that it's the night before weigh-in #1. Would like to know how much I lost. But I guess we eat early anyway and our worst thing before dieting was snacking late in the evening. And we won't do that again! So hopefully we'll be able to still do well! I've got some calories left from today and yesterday though. So maybe I won't go over my weekly calories so much!

Why not weight a day early and weigh day? Just so you know how much is just in your system as it were? x

Yeah that's a good idea actually! :) Just hope there's some progress.... But I can't see there not being any weightloss at all considering I've cut my calories massively! Well, I don't know how many we ate before the diet, but let's just say all the snacking from christmas got less, but never really stopped, until the start of this week. We kind of just ate whatever and whenever we fancied!

Hi LizzyRose.

Good job Charlie. Keep at it.

Great job Disco. 6 lbs wow!

Eltjuh, I hope your weigh in goes well.

I bought the wrong kind of almond milk today and didn’t figure it out until it was already too late. I usually buy the unsweetened, but I grabbed the regular kind by mistake. DH was making protein shakes. I thought mine was pretty sweet so I asked DH if he put extra stevia in it. He said he didn’t sweeten it at all, so then I got curious. I discovered the mistake then. I guess I will have to let the kids finish the carton and buy us a new unsweetened one.

Sounds like you're all doing well and keeping it up. An being asked to go on a m success wall is amazing!

I have been eating well during the day and at home but went to a friends yesterday and had snacks but no dinner. Also, still found no time to exercise yet. Would happily get off the bus early but would probably make me late and can't bear to leave the house any earlier. Swimming is my favourite exercise so need to start that again, thanks for reminding me about it.

The only way I can make myself feel better about it at all is telling myself I walk, bus, tube, walk to get to work. And then am on my feet all day because I am a teacher - lucky if I get to sit down for twenty minutes to work with some children before up I get again!! That counts, right?

I think you should def weigh in on Sun morning and then again Mon morning if you want, so you can enjoy Mother's Day properly.

Have a good Friday x

Ive lost another 3lb this week, promised i wouldn't weigh until monday but i caved :D Off to the gym soon. Not looking forward to tomorrow. Making 24 cupcakes for my mother and MIL for mothers day. I wont eat the cakes but i might eat some white chocolate before i put it in the buttercream haha! I must resist xx

I'm weighing daily because I have weight and body fat scales and it keeps my motivation up. Lost a little bit more yesterday so I'm feeling good

Just done my exercise again. Quite proud of myself as my husband isn't here to motivate me and me and my son just got back from stay&play so I had to get him in bed and eat lucnh myself, but I did my exercise and had lunch after :)

For mothers day we decided to stay in anyway but hubby is gonna cook us something nice, which will probably save on the calories and definitely save some money aswell :)

Saving money is always good, I'm out for a meal Sunday and my Dad's paying, will have to go for something healthy-ish on the menu.

Just done 733 calories at the gym and doing a double today, time for lunch and housework first. :thumbup:

I've just weighed myself when I was going for a shower... wasn't supposed to until monday, but couldn't resist. I'd just had lunch really (about 20 minutes before going for my shower) and I've lost 0.7 kilo's already! Since monday!!
Went from 98.3 to 97.6 :) That has definitely motivated me! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->