Dieting while ttc - any advice or people in same position?

TryRocking- What an incredible loss! I have about 76lb left to go so its good to know it is possible!

Londongirl86- I made them for my Mum and MIL for Mothersday presents but i had to taste half of each cake and had to taste the buttercream as i was making it to make sure it was all okay lol!

xx

hi ladies id love to join in! im 28 and ttc nº 2...i have gained and lost alot of weight over the lñast 2 years and now im back to pretty much my fattest again..i knmow i should loose it as it helps with the ttc but i justc ant seem to get motivated! im 89 kilos and got preganant with nº 1 at 79 so i think i just need to get back to that at least! starts tomorrow back at gym and low carb low fat..any advice welcome...im actually a certified spinning instructor so ud think id know better than to pile on the pounds again! shamefull!

Personally hun i wouldn't do low carb, low fat but thats just my opinion. I'd just do everything in moderation. Portion control. When you up your carb and fat intake again you may undo your hard work so its best to do something you can carry on for life :) Good luck to you though.

x

Anyone on here called Samantha by any chance??? Someone requested to add me on fb but I don't know who they are.... :blush:

Well today i have used nearly all but 8 of my weight watcher points on doing an afternoon tea for my mum. I tried really hard to not eat too much. hehe she loved it and my dad never noticed a lot of what i gave him was weight watcher products!!!

I'm sorry I have to share!! Weighed myself this morning - eventhough we had a dinner that I was struggling to eat yesterday (cause of the size, when before I would've eten it and would've been nicely full!! which is a good sign!!) The dinner was way over the calories and hubby and son made me pancakes for breakfast aswell! So we didn't count yesterday.....

ANYWAY.......I weighed myself and was bouncing round the house after!

I lost 1.2kg/2.6lbs in my first week of dieting and exercising!!! - so since last monday! Couldn't believe it! I weighed myself on friday after my exercise and lunch so I thought it might've been a little higher cause of lunch. And then this morning I just weighed myself cause it's weighing day and wasn't expecting anything more than the 0.7kg I had already lost on friday (because of yesterday mainly) but low and behold I lost another half a kg (so just over a pound).
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Way to go!
I've had a really lazy week because I've been off work but on my own, back at work today and going to try resist the scales until Wednesday.
Ive had such a fat week last week :(

Just got back from the gym & My agnus cactus arrived today so will start taking them & folic acid today once I've had lunch.. excited :) lol

I took some pictures of myself in just underwear and I HATE them!! OMG I feel like I look massive!!! Just took the pictures so I can compare when I've lost a significant amount of weight.

I took some pictures of myself in just underwear and I HATE them!! OMG I feel like I look massive!!! Just took the pictures so I can compare when I've lost a significant amount of weight.

Good idea hun :thumbup:

When i was on a diet a few years ago (before i met my hubby) i bought a dress which was 2 dress sizes smaller than i was.. i hung it on my bedroom wall so everytime i felt like rubbish etc id look at it & it helped me to keep going & it felt AMAZING when i finally got into it :happydance:

I am now using my fitness pall (as of yesterday) & i am finding it really helpful :)

Eltjuh, well done thats fab. Its such a boost when there is a loss. Makes the struggle worth while. I really dont think i could cope with taking a picture. Sounds a great idea tho. Like the idea of buying a dress to aim for tho!
I'm not as positive today and really tempted by everything i see. I think its because my husband is off tomorrow for a conference and parents also go away for 3 weeks so feel a bit lonely.

Eltjuh, well done thats fab. Its such a boost when there is a loss. Makes the struggle worth while. I really dont think i could cope with taking a picture. Sounds a great idea tho. Like the idea of buying a dress to aim for tho!
I'm not as positive today and really tempted by everything i see. I think its because my husband is off tomorrow for a conference and parents also go away for 3 weeks so feel a bit lonely.

Hun, I eat whatever i want in moderation.. i just make sure its within my calorie allowance, thats what im using my fitness pall for, finding it brilliant seeing exactly how many calories im consuming etc i am making sure im below the calorie allowance :happydance:

I have a pair of jeans that I bought a long time ago, about 3 years now I think! I've never properly worn it. Have had it on once or twice but didn't feel comfortable in it cause it was too tight. I bought it online so I thought I had the right size as I tried it on in the shop but they didn't have my size there. Then when I got it it didn't fit (comfortably). So I've had it hanging in my wardrobe for ages, but never worn it! It would definitely be a massive achievement for me if I'd fit in that!

And I also have a little black dress that I bought for my sister's wedding 3 years ago and I wore it with 'control-pants' so I would look more smooth rather than all lumpy and bumpy, cause it was really tight! If I'd fit in that without wearing the control pants under it and be happy with the way I look I'd be sooo happy. That would probably be the end of my diet :p haha But a long way to go!!

And hubby promised he would take me shopping for some nice underwear if/when I fit in a size 12 jeans (16 atm, so I need to drop 2 sizes).

I've found a dress for my friends second wedding reception (they were married in the USA and are having a party when they visit the UK) and I've promised myself it if I hit a 12. I NEVER wear dresses so it'll shock everyone

I've found a dress for my friends second wedding reception (they were married in the USA and are having a party when they visit the UK) and I've promised myself it if I hit a 12. I NEVER wear dresses so it'll shock everyone

I had 2 weddings... well, got married in the UK then had a wedding (with the dress and everything) a year later. Cause we kind of had a shotgun wedding cause hubby was in the army and had to move and it would be cheaper and easier for us if we'd get married then (instead of the year after,which was the plan) so we could get a house from the army, instead of me having to rent a place of my own and him moving in anyway. We were already engaged so already knew we were gonna get married, the engagement just got cut short :p haha. We had our second wedding in Holland (cause that's where I'm from, though we live in the UK).

What size are you now?? (if you don't mind me asking) You're doing really well with your weightloss btw!!!

Welcome and GL iwannababe.

Good job Eltjuh. Way to go.

Those are great ideas for motivation ladies.

Sounds like you are all doing incredibly well and your dress size aims are so doable.

I have gone a bit quiet since I weighed in yesterday and was pretty disappointed. Had a naughty day Sat and it feels like that undid all my good work.

I have decided I need daily access to the scales to help motivate me - either because it is going well or it isn't. I found the not knowing until Mon when I thought it would be okay but wasn't too disappointing.

Keep going ladies - you are encouraging me through what you're oping, even if I did feel guilty for a day so couldn't log on!

I've just dropped to a size 14 and some stuff still doesn't fit so well. I'd love to get to a 10 but I have really broad shoulders and hips so it might look odd.
Right now I'm hoping my chests gunna shrink. I'm feeling a bit like I'm all boob lol

Oh no! That's the 1 place I don't really want to lose anything, on my chest... Hubby likes them and I think they're fine the way the are. 38D Last time I got them measured.

I have really wide hips aswell, I hate them!! I'm kind of going for a size 12 but at the same time I'm just wanting to lose weight and just see where I get to and when I feel happy with it! Not too bothered about size as long as I look in the mirror and am happy with the way my body looks. Which I'm not now!!

I had my first session of weight loss hypnotherapy today.. not sure how its going to pan out but thought why not il give it a go :)

its 6 sessions so quite looking forward to the relaxation & FX'd it helps shift some weight :)

I feel like my chest is preventing me looking the size I now am. I also want to work on toning up my stomach and things. I'm much happier with my size I just still feel wobbly. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->