Dinosaurs in religion

As ShanandBoc said above.

It's also helpful to understand some of the mechanisms behind genetic mutations. Some mutations are spontaneous (without any outside influence) due to unstable nucleotide bases, chemical reactions within the cell, replication errors by DNA polymerase or imperfect meiosis. Other mutations are induced (caused by a mutagen outside the cell) by many different chemicals and radiation damage. Point mutations may or may not result in changes to the protein molecule, whilst chromosomal mutations often cause drastic alterations to the DNA. Germ line mutations are passed on to the organism's offspring. Over time, more and more mutations appear in our genetic code and the more mutations we have, the more likely some of those mutations will affect us.

Yes, who made the aliens :rofl: I want answers!! haha. x

Isnt it obvious?
The alians are evolved humans from when we used to live on planets such as mars.
We take away whatever is on the planets, drop off humanoides to evolve and they grow into the next generation of aliens to grow up and explore other plants and do the same to the next planet.
Thats it im starting my own religion, or maybe iv just been playing to much spore and sim games :)

There were no dinosaurs. It's all fake. They just 'created' dinosaurs to try and get people to stop believing in religion so we could all live in peace and harmony.

(for anyone who doesn't realise, I am joking. Please excuse my sense of humour)

But does that mean jurasic park isnt real? :(

But, if all people are descended from the same few people, how have we got genetic mutations? As if they were so pure, then surely, everyone is pure and therefore there shouldn't be any genentic mutations?

Forgive me if I am being dull, I just don't uinderstand lol!

They didnt breed untill after the became impure (after the apple munching incident)

But, if all people are descended from the same few people, how have we got genetic mutations? As if they were so pure, then surely, everyone is pure and therefore there shouldn't be any genentic mutations?

Forgive me if I am being dull, I just don't uinderstand lol!

They didnt breed untill after the became impure (after the apple munching incident)

awesomely explained

im non religious however i do believe Jesus existed but not that he was gods son i believe he was a missionary or do-gooder(in a good way) who went around helping people. i think the disciples were people who went around with him. and the amazing feats performed by him reported in the bible are just tales, written to put him on a pedestal so that noone would ever forget what a great man he was

mucho condensed version of what i believe and probably completely not true. i do however find all religions and their customs fascinating

Is there any proof of God? I know about things to do with Jesus, but what about God?

If god could be proved there would be no need for faith and belief, there would just be fans and supporters.

I know but its just interesting as people snub at aliens, ghosts, faeries etc. Just interesting.

I haven't read the replies....
A friend of mine is quite religious. She was brought up to believe that dinosaurs were made up creatures that never actually existed, it was all "pretend"..and she taught her son the same thing.

I haven't read the replies....
A friend of mine is quite religious. She was brought up to believe that dinosaurs were made up creatures that never actually existed, it was all "pretend"..and she taught her son the same thing.

Thats quite sad, I think thy both have a place in history.

I know but its just interesting as people snub at aliens.

Do people really snub the idea of aliens? How?

See this is one thing I believe in that cannot yet be proven... but given how big the universe is... and the sheer magnitudes of different living things on our planet... I find it naive to think that life does not exist on any other planet at all out there.

xxxx

I know lots of people that will not even begin to think of aliens as real. Also in religion, would the universe really be infinite or is this it and the rest just stories to test faith like Dinosaurs?

Yes most definately could be infinite as the bible says in addressing man, that God used the stars to denote a countless number, comparable to the grains of sand on the seashores. (Ge 22:17; 15:5; Ex 32:13; Ne 9:23; Na 3:15,16; Heb 11:12.) Since the stars clearly discernible to the unaided eye number only a few thousand, this comparison was viewed by many in the past as out of balance. Yet today the evidence shows that the number of stars does indeed compare to all the grains of sand in all the earth.

So the magnitude of whats out there is far more than what any human can measure or even imagine and may very well be infinite. Hard for us to imagine!

I'm back after a couple of days entertaining guests :)

Someone was saying something about plants needing insects for pollination, which is only partly true. Wind can do the job too.

I agree with what KittyVentura said regarding atheism and it not being a religion. It is definitely not! The absence of any religious belief cannot be a religion. Religion involves faith which by definition is a rejection of the need for evidence. For me to accept something as true (I prefer this to 'belief' or 'believe') I need evidence - and my facts need to come from more than one source :flower:

For me, belief

Ok, another idea. So if god made the whole universe (beyond Earth etc) does this mean its still infinite? Because if God did create it then surely every made thing has a start and finish? So not infinite? lol sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->