Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Me too! One quick Google image search and I'm in love! SO JEALOUS! I'm good with flying there whenever you want!!! *sigh*

I'm there too! And I want to look like that tan woman in the picture!

Ok, I need to vent for a minute. Ready for this?

I went in to get a blood test today to confirm that I'm not pregnant before my HSG on Monday. Odd that I have to get a pregnancy test when AF just ended today AND I haven't had sex, but whatever.

So I go in to get the blood drawn and the woman who's taking my blood asks, "Are you checking your levels to see if they've gone up?" I realize she thinks I'm pregnant. I say, "I'm not pregnant, I'm having a procedure and they need to confirm I'm not pregnant." She asks, "What procedure?" I tell her, "It's because I've had miscarriages. I just had one recently." She asks, "How many" I tell her "three."

Then she asks me...are you ready for this???

"Did you do something wrong?"

I stare at her in disbelief. Mind you, my arm is getting blood sucked out of it and I can't punch her. I say in my most sarcastic voice with a sarcastic laugh, "NO, I didn't do anything WRONG."

Then she asks, "Did you jog?"

WTF????

Again, in my most sarcastic voice, which I've now raised to a slight yell, "NO, I DID NOT JOG."

She finished taking my blood which was probably boiling in the test tube. I quickly rose and stormed out of there. I got to the car where Tim was waiting and started swearing and crying. He got all defensive and was ready to go give her a piece of his mind (bless him). I said no, let's just go, I'm going to file a formal complaint against her.

WELL, right before I got blood taken, I took off my watch and put it on my lap. When I stormed out, I forgot the watch. I didn't realize until Tim and I had driven away. I had to go back and face the bitch. She was taking blood from someone else. I walked up and said in my bitchiest voice, "Do you have my watch?" She gave it to me and tried to be nice and I scowled at her and walked out. There was a computer kiosk there that asked about the service and I gave them a rating of "POOR."

I'm still going to file a complaint. What a F#$@#%ING BITCH!!!

I hope you could stay with me for this post, I know it was long.

OMG! I'm raging for you, Hearty!!!! That's ridiculous!!! :grr: I'M SO SORRY!!! :hugs:

Thanks Megg, Crazy right? She was a woman too! How could a woman in the medical field be so freaking ignorant? I'm perplexed. And angry!!! Jerk.

Totally crazy!!! I can't believe she still has her job if she treats everyone like that!!!

awe, Hearty! Some people just need to learn to keep their mouths shut. And seriously, what does jogging have to do with it?! My one friend continued to job for almost her whole pregnancy. And it's not like a person who wants to be pregnant, is going to purposely do something that might cause them to lose it! Hope you feel better tomorrow. :hugs:

If jogging caused pregnancy loss, family planning clinics would be out of business! DUH?

OMG. I am so offended for you Hearty! I'd go slap her for you too.

OMG Hearty, that is INFURIATING!!! What a stupid, ignorant woman. She's just a phlebotomist, she knows nothing about pregnancy and miscarriages from a medical standpoint (other than how to stick a needle) and needs to keep her stupid mouth shut and her ridiculous comments to herself.

I had the worst guilt complex after my mc, so bad I worried my thoughts could have caused it (I was so surprised with an unexpected pregnancy, I worried not being excited enough caused it, etc) and did so much research on 'causes' of miscarriages. As we all know....jogging, like most things we do, does NOT CAUSE MISCARRIAGES! Aargh. I think you are more than justified in filing a formal complaint against this woman. This has made me so angry!

WTF???? Ive heard so many horror stories from women on B&B and bad health proffesionals its unreal.....Hearty was this a private clinic or a county hospital?? I dont know what happens over there but here if you work in a governmment hospital you will not get fired no matter what you do, you have your job for life. So its pointless for us to even complain.
Thats why i go private for all medical issues, i figure if you never have to worry about getting fired you will probably not do the best you could. Definately complain if things are different over there, her behavior is totally unacceptable....

We don't have government health care, hun. Its 100% private.

Uhm... There is a program that provides some types of medical care to the impoverished, but you almost have to have children to receive it... and, even then, it almost always just covers the children and/or pregnant women. Typically, in the US, if you're poor then you're screwed. We don't care about poor people here much. Apparently they're not worthy of keeping alive or something. I can't really explain it. Plus, you have to be at such a low level of income to be consider "in poverty" that very few people meet the criteria. So, many, many people go without any health care for a very long time due to not being "poor enough" to receive help. Its called 'relative poverty'... The ones who are so poor that they DO receive help end up much better off than those in 'relative poverty' who make only slightly too much to receive the same help. For example... Poverty level for a 2 person family (2 adults or 1 adult/1 child) for 2009 was $14,570 or $280/week BEFORE taxes and $240/week AFTER taxes (less than minimum wage x 40 hrs/week). That household will receive a decent bit of financial help... free health care... etc. If the same household makes $15,000... They are eligible for NO help. So... that extra tiny bit that they're making is enough to keep them from qualifying but not nearly enough to make up the different in income. Its a screwed up system.

If you're poor here... TOO BAD! :nope: I hate the way we treat people. I think the people who make the decisions should probably be forced to spend a good deal of time (at least a year) TOTALLY penniless! Let them see how easy it is to live on $15,000/yr in a 2 person household.

You'll find the poverty line schedule below. Its really sad. :(

Attachments

• poverty.jpg
    poverty.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1
Wow thats fucked up.....
Wonder who was the genius that came up with this system....Very very sad!!
Im more appreciative of our health care system now, at least everyone gets healthcare!

Oh my god Hearty I can not believe that what a stupid women I want to jump on a plane come over there and give her a smack for you. That is disgusting who the hell does she think she is.

Massive :hugs: to you

Hearty that's so sad. What a complete bitch that woman was!

Megg - your health system is so unfair, you're right

I agree Mel, I'll trade our weather for Vicky's any day. Mark Twain said the coldest winter he ever had was a summer in San Francisco. This area is notorious for having cold summers.

When we did the Big Sur road trip in 2007 I packed loads of summer clothes (because we were going to LA and the vegas) but when we arrived in San Francisco I was FREEEEEEZING! I had to go to Old Navy and buy loads of sweaters!

Thanks ladies, I was so horrified that as the whole thing was happening, I was thinking about how good a story it would be to tell you all. I wanted to say to her, "just wait until I tell my B&B ladies!"

Yes, all of our healthcare is private. However, many of us can get it through our jobs. So I really don't pay for mine, my employer does. I work with families who are caring for a spouse or parent with Alzheimer's or some other debilitating diagnosis that means they need to be cared for. Many family members can't afford to hire someone to care for their loved ones and have to quit their jobs to provide the care. Luckily if you are over 65, you do get public healthcare. But, it doesn't cover everything, so you also have to purchase private insurance as well. If you can't afford it, the only thing families can do is spend down all of their money until they are at the poverty level and then there is a public system that they can be eligible for. It is a scary prospect to spend all of your money in order to be eligible for public insurance. Basically if you are wealthy or very, very poor, there are resources available for you. If you are in the middle (and the middle is a huge range of people and consists of the majority of people in this country) you are screwed.

Yes, our system is messed up in many ways.

Anyhoo, I'm doing ok today. And AF is totally gone!! HSG tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous about the pain factor. I can't wait for tomorrow to be over with.

How's everyone today?

so glad AF is gone. Good Luck tomorrow, I will be thinking about you.

I have a dr appt again tomorrow morning, and OH is going to come with me this time so he can hear the heartbeat. I am excited for him to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->