Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Well most bars, cafes and restaurants have an outdoor seating area, and youre allowed to smoke there, so ii guess the ban isnt as severe as it is in the states. Im pretty sure that everyone will smoke inside as well...This time i dont care since i dont smoke!!!!

I havent not smoked since i was 14, im 35 do the math

Wow vicky, that is quite an accomplishment! I seriously commend you for that. My parents were lifelong smokers and recently quit; I can appreciate how difficult it is. Way to go!! :yipee:

Thanks Allie but lets see if ill smoke again after i have the baby....Oh my god i said have the baby rather than when the pregnancy ends....wow

Nice Vicky, you are going to have a baby! Oh yeah you are!!!

I've never smoked (except for pot) and I'm happy I never got into it. In Massachusetts, where I grew up, they put a ban on smoking in bars when I was in college. It was pretty funny to watch all of the smokers outside in a blizzard smoking.

In California there is also a no smoking ban like Megg's. San Francisco has taken it a step further. There is no smoking in any city owned property. So, you can't smoke in Golden Gate Park or any of the parks for that matter. It is really hard to smoke ciggies in SF. Ironically, cops don't bat an eyelash at people smoking pot. It is part of the SF culture here! (I quit 6 years ago when I decided I wanted a baby.)

Allie, I'm on CD 15 and no sign of Ov yet either. Now I'm not sure I want to try this cycle because of my MRI. They never called me today to schedule. I'm annoyed. I want to get this done and have an answer before I Ov! I really want to get back to trying this cycle!

Remember how I said I had a girlfriend FB me out of the blue yesterday and tell me she just had a D&C the day before? She's 38 and she was doing injections and IUI, like Meggles will be doing! Anyhoo, she got preggers on her 3rd attempt and her hubby's sperm wasn't so great. They were thrilled. She just lost it at 8.5 weeks. She is devastated. She and I haven't seen each other in 5 years or so, but she heard about my first mc and felt the need to reach out. Well today, she got a massage and started crying on her long walk home. She wracked her brain about who to call to comfort her. She picked me. I was so honored. She wanted to talk to someone who wouldn't say the wrong thing or give her advice. We talked for a good hour. We're going on a hike next Sunday. I'm so glad she reached out. It gives my losses some meaning. Her mom died 3 years ago so she can't even call her. I told her about this site and she's already been lurking. She gravitated to the "What Not To Say" thread in the MC section. She's already heard such crap from people. I'm so glad I'm not going to feed her a line of crap. It feels nice to be able to offer someone some comfort. And the best part is, when I see her next week, I get to give her a real life hug. Something I've wanted to give you all, but can't. I'm going to hug her and think of all of you.

Ok, I had a little wine :wine: so I'm feeling sentimental. Kiss, kiss, hug, hug

Nice Vicky, you are going to have a baby! Oh yeah you are!!!

I've never smoked (except for pot) and I'm happy I never got into it. In Massachusetts, where I grew up, they put a ban on smoking in bars when I was in college. It was pretty funny to watch all of the smokers outside in a blizzard smoking.

In California there is also a no smoking ban like Megg's. San Francisco has taken it a step further. There is no smoking in any city owned property. So, you can't smoke in Golden Gate Park or any of the parks for that matter. It is really hard to smoke ciggies in SF. Ironically, cops don't bat an eyelash at people smoking pot. It is part of the SF culture here! (I quit 6 years ago when I decided I wanted a baby.)

Allie, I'm on CD 15 and no sign of Ov yet either. Now I'm not sure I want to try this cycle because of my MRI. They never called me today to schedule. I'm annoyed. I want to get this done and have an answer before I Ov! I really want to get back to trying this cycle!

Remember how I said I had a girlfriend FB me out of the blue yesterday and tell me she just had a D&C the day before? She's 38 and she was doing injections and IUI, like Meggles will be doing! Anyhoo, she got preggers on her 3rd attempt and her hubby's sperm wasn't so great. They were thrilled. She just lost it at 8.5 weeks. She is devastated. She and I haven't seen each other in 5 years or so, but she heard about my first mc and felt the need to reach out. Well today, she got a massage and started crying on her long walk home. She wracked her brain about who to call to comfort her. She picked me. I was so honored. She wanted to talk to someone who wouldn't say the wrong thing or give her advice. We talked for a good hour. We're going on a hike next Sunday. I'm so glad she reached out. It gives my losses some meaning. Her mom died 3 years ago so she can't even call her. I told her about this site and she's already been lurking. She gravitated to the "What Not To Say" thread in the MC section. She's already heard such crap from people. I'm so glad I'm not going to feed her a line of crap. It feels nice to be able to offer someone some comfort. And the best part is, when I see her next week, I get to give her a real life hug. Something I've wanted to give you all, but can't. I'm going to hug her and think of all of you.

Ok, I had a little wine :wine: so I'm feeling sentimental. Kiss, kiss, hug, hug

That made me :cry: like a :baby:!!! HUGE :hugs: to you and your friend! If you read this, Hearty's friend, I'm SOOOOO sorry for your loss! Feel free to stop by in any of my threads... Lots of great girls in them who are very welcoming and offer tons of support!

Speaking of 'what not to say': My neighbor's sister upon learning about my 2nd loss: "Well, everything happens for a reason... Even if we don't know the reason at the time, there's always a reason!"... says the woman who got pregnant by accident and never suffered a loss to the woman who has been trying for 3.5 years and suffered TWO! The only thing that made it tolerable was her brother standing behind her mouthing "BULLSHIT!" :rofl: I really wanted to hit her. No, I actually wanted to say that bit I bolded and then stab her and say it must have happened for a reason... but I didn't! :)

Megg, what a horrible thing to say. BUT...OMG, the way you just told it made me laugh so hard! :rofl:

Oops, I stabbed you. It must have happened for a reason! :rofl:

hey girls...thought I would catch up before I crawl into bed. I got to my destination about 4 hours ago, and then had some dinner and then did a little shopping. I bought a diaper bag tonight that I really liked, and I showed the baby furniture to my mom that I wanted. Glad I actually got to see it, instead of just online, as I definitely want it.

I ended up cancelling my massage for the morning, as I didn't think I would be very comfortable when my head is killing me. Going to pop some tylenol (god I wish it was advil!) before bed......I still have my hair appt, so I am looking forward to that at least......

Hope you girls are enjoying the start of the weekend.....

Hearty, you are always allowed to just focus on yourself....we all are.....we need to do it sometimes...we can't always put everyone first, and we need to look after ourselves as well...so vent away girl!!!

Meg, that is an awesome deal on your insurance! can't wait for you to start your injections

Allie, you will have to let me know what you think of the movie...I am going to see it tomorrow night

Vicky, isn't it amazing how annoyed you get at drunk people when you are sober?!

goodnight girls!

Mel - Hope your head feels better tomorrow! Try to enjoy your hair appointment!

Megg, what a horrible thing to say. BUT...OMG, the way you just told it made me laugh so hard! :rofl:

Oops, I stabbed you. It must have happened for a reason! :rofl:

Yes! Precisely that! LOL I had to laugh at it a bit myself, as I pictured stabbing her with the nearest sharp, stabby looking thing! :angelnot:

Awww, Hearty, :hugs: What a sweet post. Your friend is so lucky to have you, during this time in her life and any time. I wish I could give you all a real life hug, as well. :hugs: It made me feel all sentimental!

But then I read Megg's post and LMAO....

Mel, glad you made it safely! Enjoy the long weekend. Post some pics of your hair if you can! We're back from seeing 'Going the Distance' and I enjoyed it. I think I liked 'The Switch' better,though both were cute.

Just popping in quickly to say :hi: and send massive :hugs: to you all!!

Vicky well done on the not smoking I think your amazing to have just stopped like that.

Hearty that made me tear up a little your friend is lucky to have you and I'm glad she reached out to you. I would love to give you all a real :hugs: as well.

Megg so exicted for you :happydance: and :rofl: at your last post so funny but what a stupid women I really wish people would think about what they say before they open their mouths!!

Allie its good that your doc isn't worried about your cycles that must be reassuring hope you dont have to wait to long for Ov.

Mel hope you feel better soon enjoy weekend.

:hugs: to all

Well, she's just recently "found God"... So, suddenly there is a plan that she's only just been filled in about. I'm okay with people believing whatever they want, but please don't use it as an excuse to tell me that I had MC's for some great, divine reason! :roll: Puh-lease!

That pretty much says it all Megg! What does that mean "found god" was he lost or something??????

Allie - glad you thought the movie was still good...I am mostly just wanting the movie theatre popcorn, lol

You girls are too funny!

Just going to start getting ready for the day. Mom wants to go to the farmer's market, so if I have time I will go with her for a little bit before my hair appt.......What is everyone else's plans for the day?

Hey ladies!
Today has been a good day so far, got my hair done and wnt for cofee with my sis and mom. Now im all dolled up and waiting for Alex (it takes him twice as long to get ready) and we are going to a baptism/reception thingy. I guess ill let everyone know im preggo as im not the type to make up excuses about the booze and ciggies...I hated it when friends lied to me when they were obviously pregnant so ill practice what i preach. Now i just have to convince myself not to believe in the evil eye....lol!!!!

Just give them the evil eye back...see how they like it! Or, just put a mirror in front of your face so they give themselves the evil eye.

Vodka tasting for me today. Hanging out with good friends too.

That pretty much says it all Megg! What does that mean "found god" was he lost or something??????

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As best I can tell, he's been hiding in prisons across the world! :winkwink:

Hey ladies!
Today has been a good day so far, got my hair done and wnt for cofee with my sis and mom. Now im all dolled up and waiting for Alex (it takes him twice as long to get ready) and we are going to a baptism/reception thingy. I guess ill let everyone know im preggo as im not the type to make up excuses about the booze and ciggies...I hated it when friends lied to me when they were obviously pregnant so ill practice what i preach. Now i just have to convince myself not to believe in the evil eye....lol!!!!

If the evil eye existed, I'd have been dead 1000 times over! No worries! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->