Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Oh... I hate how depressed that's made me today! I was so happy and excited and hopeful! :growlmad:

:hugs: Megg. I don't think that was the right thing for her to say. Not only because it's tactless, but also because I really, really feel she is wrong! I hope you continue to be happy and excited and hopeful because you have every reason to be. YOU are the one with the knowledge of your body and what is going on. Your mom means well but as you said, she isn't familiar with the technology available today. Her opinion is formed with well meaning intentions but not with a sound enough knowledge of what is going on. It's going to happen for you Megg! I really believe it is.

Hi Nato! :wave: Sorry you don't have a BFP yet.

Hearty, I like your boots. That's one of my fave colors for clothing and purses, boots, etc.

Well I had a wonderful girlie day with two of my cousins visiting town. We shopped and ate all day and the three of us bought matching tops and leather (well, pleather) jackets. Matching outfits like we're 10...but they were too cute.

Alex and I had our first case of TTC-itis while trying to BD today. This morning he was watching me put my temp and info on my FF chart and he seemed interested. A few hours later we were fooling around and going to :sex: but he was acting really weird. Really quiet and not as impassioned as normal. The atmosphere was awkward and eventually we stopped and I asked him what was wrong. Well, he didn't think I was 'into it' enough today. He thought I making :sex: clinical with TTC. He said, "I see you sitting here with graphs and tables and it's like something I should see at work!" Apparently FF was very off-putting to him. I dunno how to recitify this, but I will work on it.Also, I'm trying to have us on an every other day BDing schedule (no ejaculating in between, I tell him)....omg even writing that I hate myself lol. He also doesn't like the 'schedule.' Who have I become???? :wacko:

Thank you, honey! I hope you're right! :hugs: Its so hard to keep the PMA tonight though! I wish I had the ability to blindly believe it WILL happen, ya know?

Sounds like a good day with your girls! :thumbup:

I hate the people TTC can turn us into! I don't think ejaculating only every other day during sex is too much to ask. That's not SO bad, honey! Don't beat yourself up! As far as FF goes... Just try and keep to using when he's not around!

Hearty thats crap that you have to miss this cycle... I really hope that at least youll get some good news from the MRI so that come October youll get the best B-day pressie!

Megg honey your mother is just trying to protect you, try not to take it so seriously. My mom always says stuff like "its ok if it never happens, you have a wonderful life and you will have a great future bla bla" If you feel that having the nursery done will not put too much stress on you or that by seeing it everyday you will not feel sad then go for it. I think thats what she wantd to say rather than it might never happen for you....

Allie its best if hubby doesnt know all the planning behind ttc, its a complete turn off not to mention it can cause performance anxiety lol!!! Im intregued that you guys find the every other day BD not enough!!!! I have to try very hard to get even that lol!!!! Im hoping its an age thing and not that im no longer the sex pot i was...

Thanks Megg! I don't think he minds having sex every other day and only ejaculating then, but I do think he minds that I'm scheduling it instead of letting it happen organically, if you know what I mean? He was on about making it special and fun, but I'm starting to treat it like a chore (in his words)....which isn't what I mean to do!

Oh I just saw your post, Vicky. No, we do find the every other day to be enough--in fact, it's a bit more than average for us lately--I think it's the fact that I've put him on a 'schedule' and probably that I keep reminding him not to masturbate!! LOL
You're right about the planning being a turn off and and giving anxiety haha. Wise words. I'm going to keep off FF when he's in the room from now on.

And I'm sure you are the sex pot you've always been!! :)

Hearty thats crap that you have to miss this cycle... I really hope that at least youll get some good news from the MRI so that come October youll get the best B-day pressie!

Megg honey your mother is just trying to protect you, try not to take it so seriously. My mom always says stuff like "its ok if it never happens, you have a wonderful life and you will have a great future bla bla" If you feel that having the nursery done will not put too much stress on you or that by seeing it everyday you will not feel sad then go for it. I think thats what she wantd to say rather than it might never happen for you....

Allie its best if hubby doesnt know all the planning behind ttc, its a complete turn off not to mention it can cause performance anxiety lol!!! Im intregued that you guys find the every other day BD not enough!!!! I have to try very hard to get even that lol!!!! Im hoping its an age thing and not that im no longer the sex pot i was...

I definitely feel that the nursery is part of my healing process. I need to believe it will happen enough to plunge into converting the spare bedroom into the nursery. Plus, I worry if I wait until I'm pregnant to start, then I'll consider the nursery to belong to that baby... and if (hopefully not) something happens, then I'll feel like I'm giving that baby's nursery away to the baby we eventually get to keep. I just want it to be made for our theoretical eventual worldly baby! I want it to be clean... un-tainted by a MC or anything. I mean, I don't think it'll happen again... but I need to know that I'm not running the risk. I'm the sort of crazy that would probably require new bedding and a new color scheme just to avoid the "tainted" feeling, iykwim? So, I feel I really HAVE TO start now.

Thanks Megg! I don't think he minds having sex every other day and only ejaculating then, but I do think he minds that I'm scheduling it instead of letting it happen organically, if you know what I mean? He was on about making it special and fun, but I'm starting to treat it like a chore (in his words)....which isn't what I mean to do!

I totally know what you mean... I hate that too! :hugs:

Megg go for it then!!! You need to do what feels right and helps you see the future with optimism!!

Aww Megg, I wish I could give you a big hug right now, what your Mum said was completely out of line, she should of thought a little before speaking, I believe 1,000,000% that you will have a child of your own and I bet your Mum does too, I really think your Mum was trying to protect you, she knows more than anyone how hard it is waiting for your baby, always hoping/believing that one day it will be your turn, you are her miracle, the light of her lift and she doesnt want to see you even more hurt, please dont be angry at your mum I think she ment well by what she said she just didnt say it in a very tactful way. I hope you dont take that the wrong way, but my Mum says similar things and I know shes only trying to protect me as deep down this is hurting her just as much, big hugs hunny.xxxx

Aww Megg, I wish I could give you a big hug right now, what your Mum said was completely out of line, she should of thought a little before speaking, I believe 1,000,000% that you will have a child of your own and I bet your Mum does too, I really think your Mum was trying to protect you, she knows more than anyone how hard it is waiting for your baby, always hoping/believing that one day it will be your turn, you are her miracle, the light of her lift and she doesnt want to see you even more hurt, please dont be angry at your mum I think she ment well by what she said she just didnt say it in a very tactful way. I hope you dont take that the wrong way, but my Mum says similar things and I know shes only trying to protect me as deep down this is hurting her just as much, big hugs hunny.xxxx

I know I shouldn't be angry about it... and I'm really not. It just kind of sucker punched me in the gut to hear someone else say that it might not happen. I hear it so often in my head... I just can't bear to hear it from someone that I respect so much. I love her, and I'm not angry... It just really hurts. I need her to have faith in me, because sometimes I don't!

Happy Monday everyone!!!

I go away for the weekend and Nato comes back! Yay hello lady!

It was our first wedding anniversary this weekend so we went to London and had a fab weekend strolling around the city and went to see Wicked at the theatre which is the most amazing show i've ever seen!

My symptoms have increased though and I am SO tired it's not funny. The only time I ever remember being this tired was after a 10 hour red eye flight with no sleep. I'm also very nauseaous and just the smell of the fridge this morning had me gagging over the sink. Eurgh. I'm just wishing the next 6 weeks away till my scan.

I love your symptoms, Cesca! :hugs: Happy Anniversary!!!

:lol: I love them too, but I do feel SO ill. Thank heavens I have my own office so I can just plod through the day slowly.

Oh and I forgot to add my bloat is MASSIVE. I wore a long black jersey dress on saturday night and looked very pregnant. My mum saw me this weekend (they live 3 hours away so only see them once every couple of months) and she's convinced its twins. But I bloated this badly last time even when I had a blighted ovum so I'm not using it as a symptom really.

Massive :hugs: Megg I know that must be so hard for you to of heard that from your mum I am sure she didn't mean it in the way it came out and also I have no doubt that I will be sending you massive congratulations on the birth of your little one it will happen for you I am sure of that. If doing the nursery gives you hope and faith then go for it. I hope that you and your mum will be ok.
I know its hard to have hope but keep believeing it will happen.

Cesca glad your getting symptoms but sorry you feel a rough. Steve and I are thinking about going to see wicked as we are having a weekend in london in Oct. Glad you had a good weekend.

Allie TTC does take some of the spontaneity out of sex I think just keep the charts away from him and try to make him feel like its not all about making a baby but just about being together. I know I've been guilty of putting pressure on steve without meaning to.

Amanda - Oh no at Sept 15th – the thought of missing a month makes me feel ill, don’t they know you need every month you can get??? I was about to type that they should prioritise you, but I guess every MRI scan deserves to be prioritised. Can they keep you on standby for cancellations or something? I guess if it’s going to work this month, youd need the results pretty fast anyhow. How are your cycle lengths these days?

Luce youre so strong and brave – waiting for AF is like the holy grail. Lets go bfp crazy together.You get yours this month and I’ll get mine. Deal?

Hi Jaymes – missed y’all too xx Lookee at you with the scan pic avatar of your olive and everything – congratulations at your lovely news

Megg – this IUI stuff sounds brilliant, you even get confirmation of when the egg pops and everything. Sounds like my sort of treatment. This is what there is to focus on – and I think the long term is not something that’s helpful right now. It’s a month to month life for us. I think if you have to consider the worst case senarios, it actually hinders your progress on the month to month stuff. Its so distressing that any recognition of it ‘might not happen’ is a hinderance unless you have actual reason to believe that – right now, all you have are your fears – not facts. And actually, its your mum’s fears that you’ve been forced to face, which is even less helpful. You will have an actual pop to aim for this month. Keep your eye on the pop meglet, keep your eye on the pop.

Hi Allie, thanks for the welcome back. My sister was telling me last night that BD every 40 hours is optimal. What have we become, indeed.

Hi Cesca – been thinking about you! How are you? OMG youre back on the BFP!!! (am playing catch up here) – congrats to you, im really really happy for you, that ticker will be up and running in no time. You might need 2 tickers, one for each twin!! My sister had twins and she was showing almost straight away too. OoOooooo exciting!!!

Well I’m 10dpo today with a neg HPT this morning, I swear every single month I’m having a phantom pregnancy. From 8dpo every month I get implantation cramps, then nausea, a bit of a cold and sore throat at 9dpo, sore boobs and this morning my veins are even showing through my skin. I am like the horse on the farm next to where I used to live. It used to have phantom pregnancies for attention seeking purposes.

Im a bit less stressed though, its only my 5th month trying and my periods are exactly regular every month, 29 days with positive opk on day 14. <think zen thoughts, think zen thoughts>

Nato I know it's not that easy but this cycle I set myself a date I would test (something like 16DPO) and I stuck to it and didn't give in! It felt very liberating and almost calming because I wasn't POAS from 10DPO and getting myself upset with a BFN. And I got the BFP when I tested and a lovely 'pregnant 2-3' on a digital. Vicky will tell you to do this too!!

I don't think it is twins, btw. I don't think I have enough symptoms for it. Any time i've seen twins on here people have been violently sick from day one, and I'm still at the gagging and heaving over an empty toilet stage!

Luce youre so strong and brave – waiting for AF is like the holy grail. Lets go bfp crazy together.You get yours this month and I’ll get mine. Deal?

That is definitely a deal count me in :hugs:

I've got to pop out but will be back later :hugs:

It will happen for us sweetie I just know it :flower:

Or you can skip POAS all together and go straight for HCg measurement lol!!!! No i dont recommend that as my dates were off and as a rsult my hcg was very low which had me in a bit of a state for a week or so (remember guys????). Definately testing as late as possible saves on the heartache i think....

Welcome back Nato, we've missed you!

Hi to all the other girls as well.

Got home in the dark last night, so now I have to go unload everything from my truck today. Get to enjoy my last day off of work by doing laundry, and working on assignments. Doesn't really sound fun to me. Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->