Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Mel - I honestly smile whenever you talk about your baby, I'm sooo happy for you.xxx

Its definitely hard to see my hubby with my cousin's kids. He's so wonderful with them, and, I so want to give him a child of his own.

I do wish we'd started when we first knew we would be together for the long haul... and I have a hard time not wishing I'd started before that. I remember how perfect my cycles were in high school... and how easily I could have probably gotten caught back then. I've always been mature for my age, and I think I'd have made a fantastic mother then 10 years ago. But, I wouldn't be with my current husband if I had, because he'd never have gotten involved with me if I'd had children. So, its hard to say I wish I had started, as its as good as saying I wish I wasn't married to my husband... but, if I could have had him AND have already had kids, then I'd have started in my late teens... and I'm not ashamed to say so!

We've had a great life... but its starting to feel very empty. There's been a hole in it for a while, but we were able to fill it with a house, and pets, and vacations, etc... Now, there's fewer things that can try and fill it. Perhaps I should start filling it with $1200 medication and used needles... I certainly have enough! :roll:

I know we were trying to bring the mood back up... but I missed the whinging bit... so I had to take my turn! :haha:

Sassy don't keep quite we're all here for each other and its not always happy what we are feeling/going through so its good that we have this place and each other to talk to. :hugs:

Aww Lucy, big hugs, I think thats so cute that he wrote you that note.

I def agree its hard seeing our hubbys around children, just think though if he's an amazing Uncle imagine what kind of Dad he will be, even more AMAZING.xxxx

He's such a sweetie I have kept a few of his notes that he wrote to me and our little apple-pip I've put them in a sort of memory box with a letter I wrote. I had lots of text messages that I had to delete after I lost the baby ones saying how happy he was and how much he loved us etc so hard to have to delete them but broke my heart when ever I found one. He will make an amazing dad.

:hugs: to all tonight you guys are the best I'm so glad we have each other for all the ups and downs.

Aww Apple-pip, that is the cutest thing I've ever heard, I know exactly what you mean I did the same with deleting msgs fron everyone regarding babies. I think its lovely you wrote a letter, I wish I had done that.xxx

Thank You......we are all going to be there, and we will all be there with each other along the way.....it's unfortunate that we all had to come to a place like this, but without it, I wouldn't have found the most amazing people to get me through the roughest time in my life. I feel honored to have each and every one of you as part of my life, and now you are all stuck with me :haha:

if I'm completely honest with you Mel, your comment about the baby moving did jolt some emotion in me, because my immediate reaction was "i've never felt that".

This is a forum for women who have lost a baby and who are still trying to conceive, so i guess its natural that some emotions will be stirred up when something is said to remind you of where you should be, i would be due next month - its a very delicate and emotive position to be in, theres a constant battle to keep the worst of your pain bleughing out all over the floor.

Youre very valued and i love having you around Mel, and i think its testament to how close the disco testers have become that you would still want to post despite not in the TTC stage - i think this thread is about us as people rather than us as TTC'ers so i hope every discoer that gets their bfp sticks around like vic and mel have

xx

Its definitely hard to see my hubby with my cousin's kids. He's so wonderful with them, and, I so want to give him a child of his own.

I do wish we'd started when we first knew we would be together for the long haul... and I have a hard time not wishing I'd started before that. I remember how perfect my cycles were in high school... and how easily I could have probably gotten caught back then. I've always been mature for my age, and I think I'd have made a fantastic mother then 10 years ago. But, I wouldn't be with my current husband if I had, because he'd never have gotten involved with me if I'd had children. So, its hard to say I wish I had started, as its as good as saying I wish I wasn't married to my husband... but, if I could have had him AND have already had kids, then I'd have started in my late teens... and I'm not ashamed to say so!

We've had a great life... but its starting to feel very empty. There's been a hole in it for a while, but we were able to fill it with a house, and pets, and vacations, etc... Now, there's fewer things that can try and fill it. Perhaps I should start filling it with $1200 medication and used needles... I certainly have enough! :roll:

I know we were trying to bring the mood back up... but I missed the whinging bit... so I had to take my turn! :haha:

LOL Megg you whing away lovey, and yes i would have started in my late teens also BUT I do honestly believe that I may have regretted not living a little supose its something I will never know, its easy for me to sya now I wish I had done things another way but that only because of where I am right not! Confusing one!

Totally agress that life feels empty, I think most people TTC for a long time or have been through M/C proberly feel the same.xxx

NatoPMT Youre very valued and i love having you around Mel said:
I agree with all of above ^^^. I love that this thread is not just about TTC but more just about a group of mates getting through tough times together. I must admit I do get jealous when I read threads in 1st tri etc (I know I know I shouldnt be reading) but I'm honestly over the moon for the disco girls that are preggers and that have stuck around, I respect you all so much for that and I mean that with all my heart.xxx

I understand for sure Nato.....even though I did conceive again right away, I still think almost on a daily basis that I should be 6 weeks ahead of what I am right now.....I will never forget the one that I lost, and I don't know how a person ever could....

I often do keep comments to myself, because I would rather be here for everyone else, instead of myself.....I like to be able to support others (and sometimes I don't do the best job at that), but I am always here for each and every one of you.....I am hoping that everyone gets their BFP's soon, because you all deserve it so much!

sassy are you mental??? you actually read the first tri forum? youre more of a man than i am, i can tell you

Mel, i know bebe, we have all had a right hard time of it

I understand for sure Nato.....even though I did conceive again right away, I still think almost on a daily basis that I should be 6 weeks ahead of what I am right now.....I will never forget the one that I lost, and I don't know how a person ever could....

I often do keep comments to myself, because I would rather be here for everyone else, instead of myself.....I like to be able to support others (and sometimes I don't do the best job at that), but I am always here for each and every one of you.....I am hoping that everyone gets their BFP's soon, because you all deserve it so much!

Please dont do this Mel, you should be able to scream from the rooftops that your pregnant with a healthy baby, I know I will when I'm pregnant and I honestly dont think anywhere here would be upset with you talking about baby.xx

sassy are you mental??? you actually read the first tri forum? youre more of a man than i am, i can tell you

100% correct!!! I read through 2nd and 3rd too, ssshhh please dont tell anyone!!! I even nearly post sometimes with reference to my own pretend pregnancy!!! :haha:

Mel hearing about your baby and how you are doing gives me hope if that makes sense. I get so exicted to hear how you are doing and vicky and jaymes you girls make me believe that it can happen again for me and that it will be ok .

Youre very valued and i love having you around Mel, and i think its testament to how close the disco testers have become that you would still want to post despite not in the TTC stage - i think this thread is about us as people rather than us as TTC'ers so i hope every discoer that gets their bfp sticks around like vic and mel have

Totally agree and when I get my bfp I am so sticking around you girls aren't getting rid of me :flower:

:hugs:

I think we have to remember how close to the surface the loss is for many of us, i feel this is a safe space for me as I go through TTCAL, although i understand i might be being more sensitive than Sassy and Lucy, i do find it hard sometimes. I dont want anyone to have to watch what they say - Vic's pregnant anecdotes are hilarious, and i truly am delighted for any of our girls on the bfp, but all of us should be pregnant right now, and only 2 are. I think what's going on inside might be a bit hard for me, sometimes i dont even know that im feeling vunerable.

Im not the boss of us though and i understand if others dont agree. Im gonna shut my beak now

(pretend pregnancy, youre as bad as me with my phantom pregnancies)

Me either, I'm not going no where, I'm going to need all the help I can get with my quads.xxx

Sassy don't keep quite we're all here for each other and its not always happy what we are feeling/going through so its good that we have this place and each other to talk to. :hugs:

Aww Lucy, big hugs, I think thats so cute that he wrote you that note.

I def agree its hard seeing our hubbys around children, just think though if he's an amazing Uncle imagine what kind of Dad he will be, even more AMAZING.xxxx

He's such a sweetie I have kept a few of his notes that he wrote to me and our little apple-pip I've put them in a sort of memory box with a letter I wrote. I had lots of text messages that I had to delete after I lost the baby ones saying how happy he was and how much he loved us etc so hard to have to delete them but broke my heart when ever I found one. He will make an amazing dad.

:hugs: to all tonight you guys are the best I'm so glad we have each other for all the ups and downs.

Aww Apple-pip, that is the cutest thing I've ever heard, I know exactly what you mean I did the same with deleting msgs fron everyone regarding babies. I think its lovely you wrote a letter, I wish I had done that.xxx

Its not too late, honey! I promise! You write that letter if you think it would help you! :hugs:

if I'm completely honest with you Mel, your comment about the baby moving did jolt some emotion in me, because my immediate reaction was "i've never felt that".

This is a forum for women who have lost a baby and who are still trying to conceive, so i guess its natural that some emotions will be stirred up when something is said to remind you of where you should be, i would be due next month - its a very delicate and emotive position to be in, theres a constant battle to keep the worst of your pain bleughing out all over the floor.

xx

I had a very similar reaction... And, I didn't expect to react how I did, tbh. Thanks for posting, because I thought it was my "injectables" hormones that were making me feel that way! I'm learning to read things with a "what to expect" twist on them now though. We WILL get there! And, each success before ours is just moving us up a spot in line! :)

LOL Megg you whing away lovey, and yes i would have started in my late teens also BUT I do honestly believe that I may have regretted not living a little supose its something I will never know, its easy for me to sya now I wish I had done things another way but that only because of where I am right not! Confusing one!

Totally agress that life feels empty, I think most people TTC for a long time or have been through M/C proberly feel the same.xxx

I know! I probably wouldn't have felt that way at all 10 years ago! But, looking back... oh jeez! I want my damn youth back! :hissy:

I'm sure it is hard to not think of where you should be. I know I do! I should have a 10.5 week old baby... or be 11.5 weeks from delivering! Wow... I hadn't looked at that in a while. On Sunday, I'll be precisely half way between my 2 due dates! Thank you.. is what I meant to say... about hoping we all get our BFP's soon! :hugs:

100% correct!!! I read through 2nd and 3rd too, ssshhh please dont tell anyone!!! I even nearly post sometimes with reference to my own pretend pregnancy!!! :haha:

I'll be honest... I post wherever I see fit on the board. I've posted in TTC, TTCAL, PAL, 1st tri, 2nd tri, 3rd tri, MC support... I guess I'm a bit ballsy! But, if I see something I want to respond to, I just do! :shrug: I follow a lot of people who are in very different places than I am... So, I have to venture to those other boards sometimes! LOL

Mel hearing about your baby and how you are doing gives me hope if that makes sense. I get so exicted to hear how you are doing and vicky and jaymes you girls make me believe that it can happen again for me and that it will be ok .

Totally agree and when I get my bfp I am so sticking around you girls aren't getting rid of me :flower:

Well, when we all have our BFP's, there will certainly be a "graduates" thread in the preggo side. It would be silly to stick around if we're ALL pregnant! LOL Maybe I'll just ask that this thread get moved when that time comes? I expect it to be very soon, to be honest!

EDIT: Nato - DON'T YOU DARE SHUT YOUR BEAK! (I feel mean saying it that way!) You leaving us was one of the most depressing things ever! You say whatever you need to say... You're amongst friends... And, I agreed with you! SO THERE! LOL (That was all said in a nice but stern manner, btw!)

Amy, I see you are viewing this thread right now........I hope you are back to us! :)

and I honestly don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, so maybe I will just start my own journal and post there instead.....I won't leave you guys, but I might not comment as much....

It gives me hope too Mel, to know that it will happen again for us and that everything can turn out ok. I think it's a good balance. It would be different if you didn't go through a mc yourself because then you wouldn't know how we felt. But you know how we feel and you give me hope.

Yeah nato dont shut your beak I love that your back with us and say whatever you want. I feel sad so often and to be honest pregnant women on the street make me want to scream/cry but the girls in here it just gives me hope and my god I need to feel like there is hope if you know what I mean. :hugs:

and I honestly don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, so maybe I will just start my own journal and post there instead.....I won't leave you guys, but I might not comment as much....

Why dont you start a journal anyway, that way you can talk every single day about your baby without feeling like you shouldnt or like you may upset someone, that way all us girls can read your journal when we want too, (just a thought hunny obviously you do whatever you feel most comfortable with) but please dont leave I love love love having you here. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->