Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Wow, I go away for 5 hours and look what happens! First of all :hi: welcome back Amy! Your picture is beautiful. Congrats on being married.

As I was reading the posts, I was appreciative of the honesty. Mel and other preggos, it is wonderful that you are pregnant and that we have all grown so close. I'm not here to tell you not to share your joy. However, in the mood of honesty, I have to admit, I also felt a little envious when I read that Mel felt the baby. I started to write it at the time and decided not to. I'm glad others felt comfortable enough to be more honest than me. Like Nato, my emotions about my 3 losses are right at the surface. I just passed 2 of my due dates and another one looms right when Mel and Vicky give birth. In all honesty, that will be a hard time for me. But of course I'm thrilled for you all. We ALL deserve our babies. If we are going to keep this thread going, it needs to be open and honest, but above all else, kind and respectful. I don't imagine anyone means to hurt other peoples feelings, but I think it will happen from time to time. I might bitch about a pregnant woman and inadvertently hurt Mel, Vicky, Cesca or Jaymie's feelings. Same goes for when those ladies talk about their pregnancies. It may make some feel hopeful and others feel sad, envious or jealous. It's inevitable. As long as we can talk about it in a civil manner, I think we'll be ok.

I hope this made sense. It has been a looooong day!

xoxo

I'm glad you were able to open up too! :hugs:

I think we have to remember how close to the surface the loss is for many of us, i feel this is a safe space for me as I go through TTCAL, although i understand i might be being more sensitive than Sassy and Lucy, i do find it hard sometimes. I dont want anyone to have to watch what they say - Vic's pregnant anecdotes are hilarious, and i truly am delighted for any of our girls on the bfp, but all of us should be pregnant right now, and only 2 are. I think what's going on inside might be a bit hard for me, sometimes i dont even know that im feeling vunerable.

Im not the boss of us though and i understand if others dont agree. Im gonna shut my beak now

(pretend pregnancy, youre as bad as me with my phantom pregnancies)

Don't worry Nato... I feel the exact same way (minus being an original disco tester!). I feel so lost and lonely and there are days I come and stalk on here and feel a little better. It doesn't help right now that my EDD is coming up and although I am ok right now, I have a feeling that the 29th is going to be a very somber day for me.
ANYWAYS... just don't feel so vunerable because we all have those days!:hugs:

We do all have those days!!! :hugs: I'm just glad we have a safe place to hide together!

Wow I come back this evening and there are 4 pages to catch up on!

Nato, we missed you so much whilst you were gone... I even stalked you on facebook to make sure you were ok. Don't leave us!

Megg. :haha:

Amy, Welcome back and congrats!

Sassy, enjoy your evening! I am jealous as I am on pelvic rest still...

Everyone... Sounds like we had a very emotional day. I love that we can be so open and honest here, and tbh I am not all that comfortable in other places.

I totally understand not being comfortable elsewhere. I think a lot of PAL ladies find PAL terrifying because its FULL of fear. And, they find 1st Tri frustrating because its full of blind optimism! So, TTCAL seems like the safest place, even though they're not TTC anymore! You're not alone! I promise!

enjoy your :sex: Allie......I hope those little swimmers find those eggs....May I hope for triplets for you??? :)

Well, I'll take what I can get! :) But I think I'd prefer just one per pregnancy, not Megg's quints!! :haha:

Oh! So, you get 1 at a time, but I still get quints? :haha: Gee, thanks! LOL

I'm sorry I made anyone uncomfortable....that is not my goal, and it saddens me deeply that I have caused that for others. From now on, I will lurk and post where I want, but will not talk about myself at all.

I'm sorry I made anyone uncomfortable....that is not my goal, and it saddens me deeply that I have caused that for others. From now on, I will lurk and post where I want, but will not talk about myself at all.

I really think you belong in this thread! I know that I am still fairly new to the group but I look at it as more of a support group overall, and having you and the other preggo girls here is a positive thing. It really does provide a nice balance and hope for the TTCers. I guess that's just my opinion but I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way. :hugs:

Thanks Yogi....I just can't be the cause of someone else's discomfort....I'm a very sensitive person, and hurting people is not something I can live with. I won't leave the thread, as this is the only place I ever felt I belonged, but I will just post less.

Mel, speaking for just myself, that was not the intent of my post. Listen, this whole thing is touchy. We are going to be touched in all sorts of ways. It doesn't mean you shouldn't share your joy. You talking about your baby moving did not hurt my feelings. It just stirred up feelings of envy for me. I really want to feel what you are feeling. That's all. I'm also excited to hear that you are experiencing it. I have all sorts of emotions around it. I don't want you or any of the other preggos to stop writing here. Would that mean I would have to stop posting the next time I get pregnant? I hope not. We have formed a comfortable group here and I hope to keep it that way. You included.

Mel, I keep going back and reading your last 2 posts and they are breaking my heart. If you really want to make me sad, you'll stop posting here. Don't make me sad Mel!

Thanks Hearty....trust me, my heart broke today too.....I almost started crying at work and then cried when I got home and had a 2 hour nap instead of working on my project.....then the crying almost started all over again....I've decided to go to bed instead.....

Oh, Mel... honey... please don't feel that way. Its just been a hard day. I want you to keep sharing. As Hearty said, the only thing that would actually make me sad or hurt me is thinking that I drove you away from posting about your joy. Like Amanda... its envy, not hurt feelings. But, we'll get there! Please, please, please don't post less about yourself! I adore you! I feel awful I made you feel that way! Please! :hugs:

As for me, I'm sitting in an ER (A&E) waiting to find out if Kevin broke his ankle and terrified the x-ray will kill all his sperm before the IUI! :(

Hi hearty! I am lurking. I don't know what to say. I just keep thinking...well, that was awkard.I just want to give everyone a huge :hugs:. I want Mel to keep posting here like nothing happened.

We BDed right when Alex got home from work. :thumbup: We've spent the rest of the evening lounging on the couch...so much for that planned trip to the gym! :blush: I've been watching DVRed episodes of Full House and Friends. A guilty pleasure sorta evening. I hope you're having a good night. I'm really sorry you are missing your try this month. Doesn't mean you can't practice though. :)

I hope Kevin is ok Meg!

Allie, glad you got your BD session in...enjoy the time on the couch

Good night, Mel. :hugs:

Megg, oh no!! I'm so sorry and I hope Kevin isn't in too much pain. What happened? They'll put the lead sheet over his man bits when they X-ray, right? :hugs:

Mel, :cry: I don't want your heart to be broken. Let's all have another group hug!!! :hugs:

I hope you have a good night and wake up refreshed and ready to share with us.

Megg, OH NO!!! What happened? Allie is right, they should cover his man bits!

Allie, better to BD than go to the gym I say! Glad you got your session in. I love lounging in front of the TV after a good shag during Ov time. It makes me feel relaxed because I got the deed done for the night.

He missed the last step on our porch and rolled his right ankle. He's only in lots of pain when he moves it. We've been waiting about an hour and a half and there's still someone ahead of us who is bleeding! :shock:

They'll use a lead apron, but its still terrifying! What if they still die? :cry:

Btw, I feel like a complete ass and I'd like to take back everything I said about Mel's post publicly. I hope she can forgive me and come back normally. I hate myself for how I made her feel! I'm deeply sorry, Mel! I adore you. Please don't feel that way... :(

Damn Megg, the ER sucks! When I tore ligaments in my ankle, I had to wait for 4 hours. It was awful. I hope he's ok. More importantly, I hope his swimmers are ok.

I know, I hate the thought of making Mel cry. That wasn't the intent. I just want everyone to be able to express what they want here. Mel included. But I also want to feel comfortable saying that I'm envious of all the pregnant ladies. I am. I can't help it! I want to be them! Nothing personal to any of them. My feelings weren't hurt by Mel. I'm sad that Mel's were. I really, really am.

I hope we didn't break anything. I want us all to be solid.

Megg, can you go back with him and relay to the doc that you're doing IUI and that you're concerned for the Xray? My guess is they can say something to allay your fears, or take extra precautions with the X-ray. I know nothing of medical technology but his man bits will be pretty far from the x-ray which should be small and focused right on his ankle.

Thanks girls! He's fine. It was just a bad sprain. They assured me that the x-ray would be nowhere near the swimmers... and they put a big lead apron over that area! So, I feel okay with it!

I know, I hate the thought of making Mel cry. That wasn't the intent. I just want everyone to be able to express what they want here. Mel included. But I also want to feel comfortable saying that I'm envious of all the pregnant ladies. I am. I can't help it! I want to be them! Nothing personal to any of them. My feelings weren't hurt by Mel. I'm sad that Mel's were. I really, really am.

I hope we didn't break anything. I want us all to be solid.

Precisely!!! I want her to be able to share her pregnancy without feeling bad about it. But, I want us to be able to admit that we're jealous without feeling bad too! Its seriously nothing against her... Its just how we feel sometimes! I'm SO happy for all the preggos here, but its such a difficult, fine line to walk!

I hope we can all just move forward as a cohesive team... I hope we can simply understand one another's feelings and be supportive for everyone involved! I wish there was something I could do to mitigate damages! :hugs: all around!

Morning ladies,

I hope everyones feeling better after a good nights sleep, I certainly am.
I really feel like our chat yesterday has made us all bond more, like real true friends. I'm glad everyone is being so honest as if wevare going to be close then we need to be able to say whatevers I'm our minds rather than worrying we may upset some one. I supose people being pregnant is always going to be a touchy sensitive subject that's to be expected.

Bring on then day when we are pregnant then no one will have to worry about what they say!!

Right i'm off for my last day at work for the week, a massive rah is about to go down with the mega bitch as she said yesterday she still wants me to be on-call 24/7, today I'm going to tell her to stick it where the sun don't shine!xxxx

have a fab day everyone, you all mean so much to me I don't want anyone to leave.xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->