Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

So glad your hubbys ok megg and even more importantly that his swimmers are, lol!xxx

Thanks, Sas! Good luck with work! I agree... I feel so close to you all. That's why I feel so awful about upsetting Mel. It was totally accidental! I hope she comes back without feeling bad about what she says.

I can't believe I have to be back at the same hospital tomorrow in 11.5 hours! But, I hope there's better news then it was this time! I want to get this over with! I wonder how long I should expect to have to keep stimming?

:awww: You guys were a bit of a mess last night!!!! Im gonna put it down to a mixture of PMS and pregnancy hormones!!!
Seriously though, maybe cause im greek and uninhibited i like when people speak their mind! I dont think we should get so upset by hearing other's feelings especially in this forum where we are all eachother's therapists ok????
In the ttc +35 thread, one girl decided to leave the thread because one other was going on about the morning sickness. She told me in a private message that she couldnt do it anymore. I would have preffered she said that on the thread so that she didnt have to leave.... Thats why we have to be honest so that no one comes to a point where they feel they have to leave the thread...
Nato if you disapear again ill kill you alright? Hearty dont cry or ill kick your ass, Megg you too!!! Mel stop being silly everyone wants you around especially now that winter is coming up and well need details on your journey to work in a snow mobile and how you go shopping in a sleigh!

Amy congratz on your wedding babe!!!! You look very healthy and swedish in the pic!!!

Today im officially inheriting the land i mentioned to you guys in Lefkada, so im now an heiress??? I will look down on you all from tomorrow!!!

PMS, pregnancy hormones, and injectable meds! I'm in neither of the other 2 categories!!!

I'll stop crying... I'm sorry, Auntie Vicky! LOL

I just adore you, btw! I love the way you tell it like it is!!! :hugs:

Please, do go about looking down upon us! An heiress among us? Wow!

It is a tough situation, I had a horrendous day with symptoms yesterday and wanted to post on here about it, but decided not to because I don't want to upset the majority of posters here with my woes when at the moment I've got what I wanted and I'm over the moon about it.

Mel, please don't feel you can't post here about things. Same with nato, I know you're on the opposite end but please don't stop posting as soon as you've started. I must admit I found pregnant posts upsetting (in fact, I still look on most of them with envy because I'm worried i'll lose this one) in First, Second & Third Tri (i've even lurked on teen pregnancy and left that one in a hurry) but eventually it stopped hurting so much because I cannot hide from it all forever. But it does sting a lot.

If it doesn't make you all angry for me to say it, I must admit I miss frantic shagging with my husband in my peak time and the closeness that TTC brings, when every session means you may have made a baby! We feel so seperate at the moment because we're too afraid to have sex (especially after my spotting on monday) and I just want to jump on him but I can't! So it's a whole other load of frustration and upset. AND i'm off to see Muse in Wembley tomorrow and I'm just trying to work out how to get through the concert without falling alseep/upchucking.

Love you girls xx

Oh my god injectables how could i miss that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dohh:

Lucky Bitch Cesca!!!! I love Muse....They probably wont come to Athens until they are 50 and over the hill........

I know! INJECTABLES! LOL :dohh:

I wish you didn't have to abstain, Cesca... I can imagine how upsetting it is to want to be with your OH so badly but wanting to protect your baby even more! :hugs:

Wow, you lovely ladies are all so eloquent with words and your feelings! I am jealous actually because I struggle to really express how I feel most of the time. It makes me very sad that any of you are sad, angry, jealous, annoyed, etc. I agree that this is fine line here though. How many times have we mentioned other people in our lives becoming pregnant around us and the combination of joy and envy that brings us? What makes this thread so special though is that everyone is welcome to share the events in the her life and the feelings associated with it, whether pregnant, ttc, or whatever. I think that's just great and it's obvious the support network you have developed here is strong. The fact that Mel, vicky, cesca, jaymes, (am I missing anyone else now? sorry I am still behind!!) are pregnant only gives us that much more hope! And seeing this happen to people so deserving of this just makes it all the better!
Please don't leave, Mel! You are such a wonderful person and inspiration to us on here and we are all so very happy and excited for you. I love hearing about your experience!

and thank you everyone for the sweet comments on our wedding and picture :)

Im absolutely mortified. I can’t believe I was banging on about Mel and Vic and completely omitted to mention Jaymes and Cesca. Its like I have a self destruct button with ‘flaky’ written on it. I honestly think I might be coming down with a degenerative cognitive disorder.

Are you still with us Allie, or have we lost you for the ‘big push’ (as my husband calls it – anyone would think it was trench warfare)

Hi Amy, huge congrats …what an amazing photo, that scenery is incredible - you sound very happy and uneloquent. What a combo.

Dazed – big hug bebe. Your due date is 12 days before mine, we will be here if you need us – don’t forget that x

That was an interesting post if Meggs re: feeling comfortable in PAL or 1st Tri. Megg is like our foreign correspondent.

Oo, just got to the bit about lead aprons and rolling ankles. I hope everyone got through the xray ok. X-ray cant get through lead though. That’s a well known fact.

Im not going to mention the rest of the evenings chat because I think its done and dusted (but lmao at Vic and her uninhibited ways. Look right, speaking for myself, the British are known for being uptight.) Also, when I said I’ll shut my beak, I just meant I wouldn’t mention it again, i wasnt threatening to leave or owt

Hang on, Vic is landed gentry? Are you Greek royalty and you haven’t told us? I am keeping my eye on you

Haha cesca, I went in teen pregnancy too. It was ace, I might go back in there. I loved it and came over all matronly. Good point about the +’s of TTC.

What I love about teen pregnancy is they all post 'post baby bodies' literally a week after giving birth so they can all get hung up or smug about the state of their body post childbirth. The vanity is amazing!!

So true Cesca!!!! I read the teen pregnancy threads religeously! Its sooo amusing especially when they start to bitch about the father of the baby!

Nato i wish i was mate....We had alot of money growing up but then my dads buisness went belly up in 2000 so we pretty much have nothing left exept the land which me and sis are inheriting so that the government wont tax my dad anymore. Ahhh to have money again.....

Good morning my lovely ladies massive :hugs: all round

Vicky your great now do we have to curtsy when you come on to speak to us now you are an heiress.

sorry to hear about your dad's business Vic - i don't know much about Greece's economy but i know the government have fucked things up. Glad you are getting the land though - i hope that works out well

who wants to hear about my trip to the drs. Not much to tell really, but im referred for the 22 day progesterone test which is 4th October, assuming i get af on saturday, if its tomorrow, i think i have to go on the 3rd. She said i dont need an FSH test cos im not perimenopausal from my cycles.

im off to google the progesterone tests, any info welcome - im getting a thyroid profile and Fbc for haematology too, whatever that is.

Edit: Fbc is to check im not anaemic

Is that the same as day 21 bloods nato? That's what I had and I swore it was for progesterone??

I want to hear about your trip glad your getting things done. I had a full blood count its a good thing to have just so you know what your levels are and if your low on anything. I thought the 22 day progesterone test was to check if you were ovulating but I maybe wrong (which is more than likely :haha:)

Nato why are you getting these tests done? especially the progesterone since i always thought that if your LP is stable then you pg is ok..... Make sure for the thyroid you also get an ultrasound as if you are borderline then the blood tests dont always show it. Thats what happened to me in 2002.

the 22 day test is because i have a 29 day cycle, its usually called the 21 day progesterone test and Ive looked it up, and Luce is right, its to check im ovulating rather than to check my LP (which is 14 days so is fine)

Not sure why im having these tests in particular, but they are the first tests to have if im not conceiving rather than m/cing - the dr said she would look at the results, get husbands test done and then we could see what would be the next step. She then said, rather sweetly, that she suspects i will be back for registering for a midwife before i have to have more tests

That's the first lot of tests they do nato as standard. That's the one I had, they tested and a fortnight later I got the results to say yes I had ovulated. I actually fell pregnant that month in March.

Once they get those out of the way they'll start testing for more detailed things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->