Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Oh woe is me....last weekend I came down with a horrible summer cold. Tonight it has developed into a horrible racking cough. I have slept 4 hours in 2 days...utterly exhausted. I wish someone would hit me over the head with a skillet

Happy Canada day!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuNQwwlK3xg

Sugar, that is fantastic news. Hope you got the ticker sorted!!

Happy Canada Day, Canadians!

I hope you feel better, Gibs!!!!

------------------------

Well, it's July now, and this thread is (over) 3 years old!!! Happy 3rd anniversary my lovely Disco friends! Thanks for all the support and advice and friendship and fun over the past 3 years. I'm so lucky to have met Amber in Colorado, Amanda in California, and Lucy and Lucy in London! It's been the coolest experience and the closest internet 'thread' I've ever or probably will ever be a part of. Oh, and I'm hopefully meeting Amy in Minnesota this summer, too. Hopefully one day we can have a huge Disco meetup!! Love and kisses from me and Alistair. xoxox

Gibs, feeling any better? Happy Canada Day!

Allie, how amazing! 3 years! Love it! Yes a big Disco meet up would be amazing.

Mel, last day of being a pregger unless your little guy decided to come today. Eeeeek! Enjoy it.

Not so much...still coughing my guts out and *embarrassed face* I have to wear those old lady leak guard things because every time I cough, I pee. It's humiliating. But now I have a very sick little girl on my hands as well. Last week Aurora had a stomach thing and I passed it off as my mother had fed her too much junk food, but last night MeMe woke up just burning of fever and vomiting everywhere. And when she gets sick like that the only man for her is Daddy. She spent the whole night curled up with Daddy on the couch watching Thomas and the Lorax. Ian knew that I had maybe 8 hours of sleep in 3 days so he sent me back to bed after I cleaned up the mess and didn't wake me up until 7 am. So now I have one sick kiddo and one big sister who is exhausted from her camping trip. Gonna be a lazy day I think.

Sugar that's fantastic news so happy for you.

Allie that's amazing 3 years I would like to thank you all for your wonderful support over the years Id he lost without you girls. I loved meeting Allie and Lucy hope to meet you all one day a massive disco meet up would be brilliant.

Mel thinking of you today can't wait to hear of the safe arrival of your little boy.

V hope you feel better soon.

Oh Gibs that sounds awful! Glad Daddy is there to help out though.

Mel, thinking of you today. Good luck!

Hi Dazed. See you lurking. How goes it babe?

That is so great Sugar congrats hun :hugs:

As for me today is O day the latest I have oed in a few months , Used pre-seed this cycle and not the soft cups forgot to buy some :wacko: Hopefully we catch the egg

Allie what a lovely post. Wow, 3 years is a long time for a thread to run. Long may it last!

Gibs hope your girls are feeling better

Mel very excited for you. Hope everything goes fab!

Good luck Ruskie x

Congrats mel. Another gorgeous boy to add to the disco babies.xx

Oh he's so cute! Did everyone see him on FB?

Mel - Congratulations on the arrival of your new little guy. He is gorgeous :hugs: :yipee:

Sorry I need to read back to catch up properly with everyone else....

AFM - I'm now almost 2 weeks into a hospitalised bed rest for pre-eclampsia and I am going stir crazy. However my girls seem to be thriving because of it and all my blood tests are showing that my liver and the babies placentas are functioning much better because of it.....so I just have to plod on. The plan is for me to have the babies when I get to 34 weeks......so 10 days to go......

I have a growth scan later today, and I really hope my smallest girlie has done some good growing.

Xxx

Holy nightmare....so I have been dealing with this cough from hell. Everyone and their mother has told me I have anything from lung collapses to pneumonia to bronchitis...etc etc...well MeMe was up most of the night again with a high fever and vomiting. So Ian took her again last night to try and let me rest...no luck I slept for maybe 2 hours. So I come down this morning and she is burning up and so lethargic from not sleeping I picked her up to try and give Ian a break and she said her neck had owies. Ian flipped out because he has not slept in 2 days and is so mad at me because the house is messy and I didn't make supper last night. And apparently her ebing sick is somehow my fault. So I said "Ya know what? Screw it I'm going into emergency to get us both looked at." So we get in...MeMe has a ear and throat infection and they gave me antibiotics and a gravol prescription for her. I texted Ian saying he would need to leave me a little money for the meds because I am still waiting for my unemployment to kick in and have literally $4 to my name. He texted this back, word for word. "What happened to the $40 I gave you last month? I'm not fucking made of money." As I read this the doctor comes in to see me, he says I don't have pneumonia or bronchitis but I do have a lot of inflammation and congestion in my lungs, BUT they can't give me anything for it because I'm pregnant so I will have to just "tough it out". I put my head down and just started SOBBING. I mean like Oprah ugly face cry, full on sobbing like I saw someone run my dog over, chest heaving, unable to breath, BAWLING. The poor man looked at the nurse and the look of fear in his eyes...well I wish I had a picture. The nurse came in and started rubbing my back and goes "Oh honey. I know how hard it can be." I just wrapped my arms around her neck and held on for dear life. My mom would have called me a whiner and told me to suck it up, and then I would've got a lecture about how much harder her life was then mine. She got me a cold cloth to put on my face and just kept handing me kleenex until I regained some sense of normal. Then I scooped up MeMe and her bowl, and her blanket, and her diaper bag and headed for the car. Just outside the door she barfed all the way down my back and into my purse. I just kept on crying. I get home, where Ian is tapping his foot on the front porch, and the second I get out of the car he lit into me about how he doesn't have the money and why haven't I got any EI yet and how annoyed he is that I haven't seen any child support in 17 months. I walked past him, put the baby down in the house, walked back out and slapped his face. I have never been physical with anyone I have ever been with. I will never be again. I don't even know what came over me. He just stood back and stared at me. Then slowly went to his truck and went to work. He didn't say a word. I didn't say a word. But I wish like hell I could've given him a spanking because it's what he deserved.

V - That is such bullshit! I understand Ian is probably just as stressed as you are, but really!? How long does he really expect $40 to last? Not to mention you were asking for the money to help his daughter. That is just selfish. I'm sorry the government is being a pain about your EI and that you have had difficulties collecting your child support. Its not any easier here in the US from what I have witnessed.

Mel - CONGRATS! I haven't seen the pics but I am sure he is a cuties.

Sugar - Great news on the scan.

Nato - I'm sorry about your dad and his unbearable ex. The situation is sad in itself, but she really is making it a nightmare.

3yrs is a long time for a thread to keep running.

AFM - Still stalking just about daily. Nothing really new with me and anything new is just a complaint. Cheering you all on.

Big Congrats to Mel and her gorgeous boy!
Sparkly hope the growth scan goes well
Dazed, always nice to see you on here
Gibs, sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Sounds like your hubby deserved a slap in the face!

Congrats Mel!! He is a real stunner!

Sugar great news hunny!! Now time to relax and enjoy this pregnancy as much as you can lol!

Sparkly hope the bubbas hang in there a little while longer, bed rest works so enjoy it as much as you can!

Nato im thinking of you everyday....I hope you can distance yourself from the drama and be there for your fathers last moments. My mother went through similar issues when her father dies 10 years ago, in the end she asked to be left out of the will and just took care of hime in his last weeks. She lost out on alot of money and sometimes she feels guilty that she cant help us out now, but she just couldn't deal with her siblings fighting over money when their father was dying.

Gibs what can i say? I believe that in a marriage everything must be dealt with in a respectful manner, i have zero tolerance for any kind of emotional or physical abuse. He was totally disrespectful and you should not have hit him. Sit down and talk and dont stop until you find a way of dealing with the pressures that life brings.

Dazed miss u girl! Hope you are well babes...

AFM, well we are having a difficult time with Hero the last month. She has taken to hitting other kids for no reason at the park and the beach. Its always boys by the way, she sees one and runs up to him and pushes or hits him. I have tried every single thing and nothing makes her stop. Today this younger boy walked past her and she scratched his cheek. His mother went ape shit! She started going on about what a bad kid \hero is while examining her son all over like he was super injured. I pulled Hero away and started the whole routine but this mother just went on and on. I know Hero is acting up but really it wasnt that severe and she could have cut me some slack. Is anyone else going through this????

Shit, I thought I responded earlier. Mommy brain! I must have thought my responses without actually writing them.

Gibs, that is horrific. You needed a good cry. Ian shouldn't have behaved that way but I know you already know that. Have either of you spoken? You need to be taken care of. I'm glad the nurse gave you a little "mommying." You weren't whining. This is an extremely overwhelming situation. :hugs:

Dazed, no such thing as complaining on this thread. Feel free to share if you want to.

Gaynor, I'm so thrilled they are letting you go to 34 weeks. Those girls are cooking beautifully!

Rusk, good luck this month. Will be stalking your charts.

Vicky, I don't have any experience with this as of yet. Has anything changed at home or elsewhere in her life that could be causing this behavior? Is she looking for attention from you that she might not be getting? I really have no idea what to say. I'm guessing it is a phase, but obviously not a good one. On the other hand, at least she'll keep boys away from her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->