Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Congratulations Sparkly on your girls! They are so precious looking!

Sugar, sorry to hear about the scare. And I am glad it is just a heat rash.

Ruskie, fingers crossed it turns to a BFP for you

Vick, that is funny about the mouse (but not for you). I can picture you jumping up on the bed lol. Mice don't seem to bother me, and I think they are cute too lol! I used to pick them up all the time when I was younger......but if I had one jump at me, I would probably be screaming my head off lol!

Hearty, hope you get some sleep. Maybe the heat is waking her up?

Gibs, I read your article on fb. How's it going now with the dead beat part?

AFM, Riley just finished puking on me, majorly! Ugh! This is only the second time he has done it, but it has been during a feed both times. And then he wanted to eat after that, so I fed him a bit more and he had a little puke when I tried to burp him. He wanted to eat again, so I gave him some more, and he puked more again. Thankfully he kept everything down after having a bit more to eat after that. I don't know what causes it, but I don't like it. My mom said that maybe my milk is too rich, but how the heck do you even find that out?!

Other then that, he is such a perfect baby. I am getting sleep at night as he will generally sleep 4-5 hours the first time he goes to bed, and then another 3 after that. So nice to have that this time around (I was made to force feed Kash every 2 hours due to jaundice). Riley eats and sleeps and that seems to be about it. I got him sleeping in his crib as well, so that makes me happy. And I was able to crawl into my own bed a couple nights ago, instead of sleeping on the couch (yah!!!). Oh, and I survived the weekend on my own with 2 kids while Gord was at work lol! I even managed to go to the grocery store yesterday with 2 kids....wasn't so bad :)

Congrats sparkly, your girls are just perfect.xx

Mel- going to the store with a nb and toddler is easy peasy, you wait until you have 2 toddlers :wacko:
A supermarket visit often leaves me close to cracking up!

Congrats Sparkly!! They are so beautiful! If you need any help/support with NICU pm anytime hun!

Mel could Riley have a spot of reflux? Is your milk maybe coming out too fast? If so try giving him less time on the boob at each feed and keep him upright longer.

Mel - do you think he was just eating to "suck"? Maybe he just wanted to suck and was full...

As for the dead beat issue...

I have gotten a lot of positive encouragement from the article. I've also got a lot of people who have "claimed" the FRO ruined many a good man's lives. Which frankly...can't happen. For every enforcement action there is a 90 day period in which to halt any kind of action and once the FRO gets a hold of a case it is out of the support recipient hands. The issue I had yesterday was this, I got a message from the man who wrote the article who told me in no uncertain terms that I should NOT have put his *my ex's* name in the comment section of the article. The reason they didn't name him in the article is because after the initial phone call my ex refused to pick up the phone when the reporter called. Not even to defend himself. Therefore the reporter did not have authorization to use his name. Well I had a lot of people tell me that I should put his name on it because he shouldn't get away with his actions. Which I did. So yesterday my ex sent the reporter an email saying he was going to get a lawyer and sue the paper for "defamation". He claimed that two things in the article were false and he had grounds for a lawsuit. The first thing he claims is false is the reason my daughter couldn't play soccer this year. I told her that she couldn't play this year because it would be "too hard" with all of her other activities. I did not want to tell her the truth, which is that we couldn't afford the fees. The main reason being that her father has not paid me support. I told the reporter the truth. Now because my ex is not legally allowed to speak with me he took what I told my daughter as the "real" reason. The other thing he said wasn't true, was that we were actually pregnant with our third child not our second. Ian and I, that is. When the reporter asked me about that I said "Yes, we lost a baby. So technically this is our third child." So my ex is claiming that he has grounds to sue based on the fact that the reporter did not mention our miscarriage. Well just the mention of a lawyer scared the reporter half to death and he told me to not make any more comments on the article, AT ALL. If you actually read it, I have given a lot of different suggestions to people who seem to be in the same place I was. I thought I was helping some people, ya know. Added to the fact that my ex has not paid a dime of support in 17 months but all of a sudden can afford a lawyer...not likely. He is posturing. And on top of that he has to seek some kind of legal representation for the default hearing that the FRO has initiated, so I don't think he will be able to get a lawyer for family court and civil court. The whole thing is SO frustrating. Instead of paying the damn support that he knows he should he throws a tantrum because someone had the balls to finally call him out on being the horrible parent that he is. I am just so angry!

Vick, I was wondering too if maybe the milk is coming out too fast. If this keeps happening, I will take him to the doctor and discuss it. He seems to have one fussy feed a day for the last 4-5 days at different times of the day, and it sounds like he is guzzling and then almost like a choking noise (don't know if that really explains the right noise or not), and then starts crying. So I take him off and burb him, and then we keep doing this for awhile. I really hope this is just a freak thing that has happened and doesn't continue. It scares me when he starts puking like that.

Congrats Sparkly! Love the pics.

Seriously Mel, in a few months the grocery store will become an olypmic event. You'll appreciate how easy babies are the first few months.

Well the :witch: showed today onto August for me , That would mean another April baby if we succeed hehe

Thanks for all the love....just popping in with a pic update of my beautiful girlies together :D

Attachments

• Scarlett & Amelie.jpg
    Scarlett & Amelie.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 8
Sparkly they are too beautiful!!! Do they have them sleeping together?? How are you dealing with NICU stress? Thinking of you babes!

Ahhhhh! Love them Sparkly! Almost makes me want another.

LOVE the picture of your girlies:cloud9: Thanks for sharing!

I hope everyone is doing great!

Hi ladies I'm off for my 12 week scan soon. Feeling very anxious even though I was only scanned a week ago :). Will update later. Hope everyone is well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->