Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

All went great at the scan and measured 2 days ahead. Baby kept leaping in the air, was very cute. Due 30th jan so not far away from Charlotte's bday as hers is on the 14th. Refused the screening tests but asked if it looked ok and sonographer said neck looked nice and thin. Now to try and relax :)

Brilliant news!!!!! Now its time to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!!!

Great news Sugar so happy for you :happydance:

Sparkly loved the pic of your girls hope they and you are doing well.

How is everyone?

Well ladies I am officially NTNP and pretty much done trying to have another baby , We won't do anything further since its against my personal views . GL to all of you still trying and waiting to try for another :hugs: 13 years has taken its toll on my mental well being so I am going to enjoy the time I have with my two wonderful girls :thumbup:

Ruskie hope you are one of those who as soon as they stopped trying get a bfp. Whatever happens enjoy your family and all the best.

Sugar that's wonderful news! Try and relax (um, is that possible?)

Rusk, I can imagine what a toll it has taken. It's very true that NTNP can produce a surprise bfp. I hope that is the case for you. Best of luck.

My family just left yesterday, so now Delilah and I are alone with my mom on Cape Cod. It's quiet and I'm sad as I only see my siblings and niece and nephew once a year. But Delilah is sleeping better now, so that's good. I think she was overstimulated by the amount of people and activity here. We'll be making a lot of trips to the beautiful beaches here. I need to start exercising again. I've been eating crap for the past 2 weeks and haven't done any exercise. I feel gross.

In other news, I had Delilah tested for nut allergies and as I expected, she has a peanut allergy. It's very mild and she tested negative for other nuts. We'll test her again in a year for peanuts and pray that she outgrows it. Even though it's mild now, it could get worse over time. Also, even though she tested negative for other nuts, she could still have a reaction and an allergy. The tests aren't very conclusive. So I just bought almond nut butter that I'll give her over the next few days. I'll have some benadryl ready in case she reacts to it. Wish us luck. The more nuts you are allergic to, the less likely you are to outgrow them. I'm praying she's only mildly allergic to peanuts.

Not much other news here. How is everyone else?

Hearty that sucks...Since you are keeping her vegetarian i suppose it will be a set back as nuts are really high in protein. What other sources of protein had the doc recommended? There is a new theory that nut allergies are so commonplace now due to medical advice to not introduce them early on. Here in Greece they let you give nuts in a puree before the age of 1 (their only fear is of choking) and nut allergies are very uncommon. Also women during pregnancy are told to eat lots of nuts for the protein.

Hero is sick with fever for the past 3 days, no other symptoms so once again freaking out about leukemia and shit. Thankfully she is still eating like a horse and being her usual hyper self, so my anxiety wears off pretty quickly.

Vicky, I ate tons of nuts and peanut butter during pregnancy. I gave her peanut butter before she was 1. Apparently my father has a very mild allergy to peanuts that he never mentioned. So maybe it's a genetic thing? I give her lots of beans for protein.

Sorry Hero is sick. Poor love. Glad the anxiety isn't keeping you hostage. I'm quite sure she's fine. It sucks though. The worry never ends, does it?

Congrats Sugar!! Loved the FB announcement. :)

Hearty, that's a bummer about allergies. I am hopeful they will remain mild. Let us know how the almond nut butter goes. What was her reaction to peanuts that inspired the testing? Hope you enjoy your remaining vacation. Enjoy the beach and the quiet. :)

Vicky, I hope Hero's temp goes down soon. From my experience working in nurseries, kids get random fevers aalllll the time. We'd constantly annoy parents calling them up to come get their LOs.

AFM, well, we may be moving to Denver next month. It's been a while in the making but I've applied for a Master's program to become a LMFT (marriage and family therapist...same as Hearty) and I have to make it past the interview stage on August 1st. If I get accepted, the program starts August 26th. Alex is in a job hunt scramble, because we also won't move if he doesn't get a job near Denver. So, yeah.....we'll see.

Hearty nut allergies are generally genetic yes, lets hope Delilah's is mild enough to outgrow soon.

my MIL gave makes me anxious everytime Hero is sick, she keeps implying that she is sick too often compared to her grandson. The thing she fails to see is that in contrast to her grandson who is never taken anywhere, Hero is with kids all the time. Whatever she's a bitch and i cant even bother typing about her.

Allie good luck with the new plans!! Great two therapists in one thread!!! Free advice 24/7 hahaha!!!

Wow Allie, that's exciting stuff! I'm sorry I haven't been to your journal lately. I seriously don't understand how you ladies with kids are able to keep up with journals. Impressive. Anyhoo, how is Alex reacting to all of this? Sounds stressful. Good luck with your application process. I applied to two grad schools and both had 5 hour interviews! We had to do mock therapy sessions and other things. It was grueling.

Delilah had a skin reaction on her 3rd exposure to peanut butter. Based on that, the doctor did a blood test called the RAST. People are classified 0 - 5. 0 is no allergy, 5 is serious. Delilah was on the low end of 1. Her level was .59 which is very, very low. She tested 0 for all other nuts. Usually allergists don't even worry about people who test at a level 1, but since she had some hives, the doc wants us to stay away from peanuts for a year and then do another RAST. If her levels go down, then we'll give her some peanut butter in the doctor's office to see if there is a reaction. We'll keep doing that for several years if she still tests positive. The problem with the RAST is that people can get a 0 result, but still have a reaction. It's really confusing and I'm just starting to educate myself on it.

Vicky, you are exactly right. Hero is exposed to germs all the time. Don't listen to your MIL. She knows nothing. Hero's immune system is going to be great when she is an adult. Too bad her grandson will be a sickly man.

beautiful girls Sparkly!

hope Hero feels better soon Vick

good luck Allie! hope Alex is able to find a job as well

glad you know about the allergy for sure, and hopefully she outgrows it.

afm, the little guy has thrush so that is why the fussy feeds. thankfully we are now treating it and we should see improveent soon.

Thanks ladies.

Hearty, it sounds confusing but glad it doesn't sound serious.

I agree with Hearty, Vicky, about Hero........she's just much more exposed and that's a GOOD thing.

Aww poor little man, Mel. Is it from nursing? DO you have it too?

yeah it's from nursing and I have it too. It hurts like hell to nurse :(

How's the thrush Mel? I've heard it's a bitch when BF'ing.

Vicky, how is Hero feeling?

Allie, good luck on your interview!

Lucy, is that baby behaving?

How's everyone else? Gibs, you've been quiet. Sugar? Amber? Round?

Delilah is officially NOT allergic to almonds thank god. She has been gobbling almond butter like it's going out of style. I just made her some almond butter and banana popsicles. It's rainy and cool today but the next heat wave is coming in tomorrow. I'll plop her in the baby pool naked and give her one. She's sleeping a bit better too. She got the worst diaper rash of her life from too many blueberries and it woke her up several times the other night. I'm making sure she is eating more constipating foods now and am keeping her clean and dry. It's healing and she slept through the night last night. Not much else to report. I'm supposed to start studying for the massive exams so I can get my therapy license but I'm procrastinating. Who wants to study on vacation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->