Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

yay for Yogi :happydance:

But I think he looks like a "Hank" :)

Boo-Boo was our childhood pet that my Dads evil ex wife took when they split! Grrrrrr! She took the term "evil step Mother" to a whole new level!xxx

I like Hank, thats cute! I'm going to add it to the list!xxx

Hi Ladies, hope everyone is having a good Friday.

Meggs I also can't wait for you to get knocked up on Monday :winkwink: Then just a 2ww or less??

Allie I knew I recognized your face from somewhere, but that guy in your picture isn't Roberto...hmmmm

Minnie, maybe wait a day or two to test yet, it is still early. FX for you...why only 7 more tries?

I am 12 dpo today, still no HPT's left in the house and I can't believe that I actually didn't go and buy any yesterday...but it's mainly because I've lost hope...no symptoms except a high temp still. AF should come on Sunday if my cycle is back to normal...I really have no idea when to expect it after a mc though. any thoughts?

Its a normal 2ww... obviously there is the possibility of early testing!

I haven't had time to properly read all the posts at work but I caught the bit about Ali, lol!

It's true, you caught me! I'm cheating on Roberto with my illicit Scottish lover....

Nah, but honestly I loved that show and I felt a commradarie with Ali--because of our names, we're also the same age, and I just liked her. If only I had been paid to travel around the world with 20 hot men.

IF ONLY! :dohh: That doesn't happen enough!!!

I miss my doggy now!!!! Shes still on holiday at our beach house with my inlaws.....I miss her face!

You miss her face! That's so cute! :)

LOL Amanda, imagine shouting over the park MR CUTE FUZZY FACE, emm I may end up in a mental home!

Here's my puppy for anyone that dont read my journal, he's the one on the left:-

I wanna squish his little puppy body up by my face!!!!!! :cloud9:

Hubbys not keen thats the only problem!!xx

Since when does a HE get to start making decisions? Haven't you learned anything about marriage? LOL

True Megg, I wear the trousers in this house, lol!xxx

So this afternoon I had to go downtown to get an oil service on our truck...it was going to take an hour and a half so i was walking around town and thought I'd sneak into the dollarama (our version of dollar tree i think?) and grab a bunch of cheap hpt's. I live in a small town and the odds of running into someone I know there are LIKELY so I usually try to sneak in and out as quickly as possible, grab an armload of boxes, rush through the till and bolt as fast as I can without seeing anyone I know. I went in and it was pretty busy but a quick scan of the isles let me know I didn't know anyone there. I went straight to the tests, grabbed a bunch and went to stand in the reallllly long line-up and waited. Finally made it to the till, payment transaction completed, cashier is handing me the bag and then stops and announces loudly "HANG ON A MINUTE HUN, I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THERE ARE TESTS IN ALL OF THE BOXES..."...(she said they've had complaints and people coming back claiming they've gone home with empty boxes)...so she proceeds to make a big performance of taking each box back out of the bag, hold it up to her ear and shake it to make sure each box had the test in it...while the entire line-up is staring at me and I look on mortified.

Came home and used one and got a huge :bfn:

I'm now halfway through a big glass of wine. :wine:.

Oh my god Yogi, that is HORRIFYING! Seriously, that sounds like some bit out of a sit-com. Honey, the BFN could be due to the fact that it isn't FMU. And aren't you only 11dpo or something? I feel like it is too soon to test. Have the wine, it won't hurt a potential bub at this point. I'll have one with you.

Just took a sip. AAAAhhhh. :wine:

Hey chicks, this is my 1600th post! I thought I'd ask your thoughts. My dear friend is getting married and having a bridal shower next weekend. I noticed on the invite list 2 women who are pregnant. One of them is well into the 2nd tri. The other is in the 3rd tri. It is the first baby for both of them. The one in the 3rd tri is 37 years old. I don't know her well, but have hung out a few times. She and I talked about having babies before my first mc. After my second mc, I went to a party and found out she was 8 weeks pregnant. I wanted to throw up. She said she went off the pill and 3 months later she was pregnant and they weren't really trying. Seriously, I felt like punching her. It took me 3 months to get my period after going off the pill and then another 9 months to get pregnant. Obviously you know the rest. The fact that it has been so easy for her just kills me. I want to be happy for both of them, but it will be hard. It's only been 2 months since my last mc. Any advice on how to deal with this? The shower will be at my dear friend's apartment. I have to be there. I want to be there. I just don't know how much I can take if everyone starts talking baby talk. What can I do? I'm kind of freaking out.

Thanks babes.

The only advice I have is do the best you can, as that's all you can do. If it becomes uncomfortable for you, then just make an excuse that you have to leave, but let your friend know you would like to get together again for lunch or something.

Ooh! That's a hard one, Hearty! :hugs: Uhm... Does your friend know about your losses? If she does, maybe just have a short heart-to-heart about it and let her know that if you might have to excuse yourself to the restroom if it gets too much so she doesn't think that you're being rude or whatever. I don't have a good answer, because I tend to turn off my feelings in front of people and let it out when I leave. If she doesn't know, perhaps you could feign some sort of mild illness that would take you out of the room... bad allergies that causes watery eyes and nose blowing (don't want to be rude, so you go to the bathroom for a tissue)?

That's all I've got! Hope someone else has a better option!

Ooh! That's a hard one, Hearty! :hugs: Uhm... Does your friend know about your losses? If she does, maybe just have a short heart-to-heart about it and let her know that if you might have to excuse yourself to the restroom if it gets too much so she doesn't think that you're being rude or whatever. I don't have a good answer, because I tend to turn off my feelings in front of people and let it out when I leave. If she doesn't know, perhaps you could feign some sort of mild illness that would take you out of the room... bad allergies that causes watery eyes and nose blowing (don't want to be rude, so you go to the bathroom for a tissue)?

That's all I've got! Hope someone else has a better option!

Thanks girls. Anyone else? I know most of our ladies are sleeping.

Yes, Megg, my girlfriend does know. A lot of the women there know including the two preggos. I'm not sure I want to burden the bride-to-be too much, but you are right, I should say something. She is super lovely and would totally understand. Her sister will be there too. I may ask her to be my wing woman. If things get too baby talk, I might ask her to join me in the kitchen for a shot of tequila! (I hate tequila btw!)

I do the same, bottle up my feelings and then let them go when I leave. I'm not sure I'm that strong at this stage in the game. If it were a few months later then I'd probably be ok. At least the 3rd tri girl won't be at the wedding. She's due right around then! And I bought a super sexy dress to wear. If I can't have a bump, I'm gonna be damn sexy! Hopefully by then I'll have the all clear and maybe Tim and I can make a wedding baby that night!!

Ooh! Sexy dress + wedding baby = :happydance: That would be great!

I don't think it would be much of a burden on the bride just to let her know. You don't have to ask her to make any accommodations, but just to understand that you might need to get up once or twice to spare your own feelings regarding the matter. I mean, its a silly bridal shower... Though you should be there, its not so important on the grand scheme of things that its worth making yourself miserable over. I'm certain she'd appreciate hearing it ahead of time. I would have appreciated that as a bride! :)

I truly hope it goes off without issue though!

Hi ladies!

I've been out all evening, to our weekly cinema outing. We saw Flipped-it was such a sweet movie! I'm a sucker for nostalgia/Americana films. We got some more :sex: in...DH is getting worn out.

Oh, hearty, that is such a tough situation to be in. A few of things I thought of you just mentioned above. I think a 'wing woman' is a great idea...someone who understands and can be intuitive to your feelings on the night, and to whom you can bitch to if it gets to be tough. I also love the sexy dress idea!! Def. talk to your friend in advance, too. Accept that you're going to have mixed emotions and expect a bit of a gut wrench, but by being prepared, expecting and accepting your reaction, you can maybe push it aside a bit better for the evening and enjoy yourself. Also, I often wonder how honest people are being when they are 37 and say it happened right away? They could be exaggerating, you never know. And lastly, hearty, you WILL be in their position one day, I know you will. :hugs:

Yogi, omg, I cannot believe what happened to you at dollarama. It really IS like something out of a sitcom. I felt mortified reading about it but had to laugh at how outrageous the clerk was being. And yes it's still early, you could still get your BFP!

Hello and loads of love of everyone. :hugs:

Oh, and I have attached another OPK pic (I know, yawn, I'm even bored of this myself). This was from today when I properly held my pee. Is it positive? I know it's darker than previous ones but still cannot tell.

Attachments

• Image132.jpg
    Image132.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe