Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Which line is the test line? LOL

Flipped? I don't know what that is... Off to IMDB!

It was totally straight out of a sitcom!! I can't help laughing at it now but seriously what was going through the clerk's head?!?!

Hearty I don't know if I have any good advice for you because this is still all so new to me. I have to kind of agree with Allie that it may not have happened right away for them...We don't know what goes on behind closed doors and we never really know others go through while TTC. A lot of people are very proud and like to put on a good front and a perfect public face when it is most likely not the case at all. I wish I had good advice but I don't, as I feel like I need similar advice myself. All I can give you is :hugs: and tell you that it will be you one day!

Thanks ladies.

Allie, your words are very insightful and helped a lot!

So...your OPK, I'm sorry to say still doesn't look positive to me. Oh I hate telling you that! It almost is, but not quite from what I can see. Seems like you might be fast approaching a positive though. Could you buy the CB digis with the smiley face? If you do those for a few days, you might just catch it. I don't know, just a thought. Maybe you already Ov'd? This whole thing is madness! We need a POAS test that tells us exactly when we are Ov'ing!!!

Its called an ultrasound... its REALLY expensive! LOL

Goodmorning ladies!

Hearty, what can i say? Whenever i was in similar situation i either sucked it up and went (usually forced by Alex) or made some excuse and stayed home. When my best friend got pregnant the same time as me (second loss) i was honest with her and told her i would not be able to see her as often. This was especially true when she was with other preggos. She was very understanding, so i think sometimes honesty is the best policy.

Yogi, that seems like something that would happen to Chandler on Friends!!!!!!

Allie hope with all the bedroom action you catch the egg this month!!!

Megg once again congratz on your ovaries!!!! I never thought id be typing these words....

I dont know how much it is in the states but i had three done after my second loss at 50 euro per scan. Not to bad if you think i spend 200 euro per month on ciggies!!!

So...your OPK, I'm sorry to say still doesn't look positive to me. Oh I hate telling you that! It almost is, but not quite from what I can see. Seems like you might be fast approaching a positive though. Could you buy the CB digis with the smiley face? If you do those for a few days, you might just catch it. I don't know, just a thought. Maybe you already Ov'd? This whole thing is madness! We need a POAS test that tells us exactly when we are Ov'ing!!!

Thank you. Don't worry, I don't mind hearing it's not positive. I just like to know! I keep stressing (to others and myself lol) that I'm a newbie to OPKs to make myself feel better and so have no problem feeling like a doofus as I cannot read the bloody things. It's like I know it's meant to be as dark or darker but I find myself staring so long I think I might be imagining it different ha.

I'm just glad I'm temping to find out for sure. Since I've had up to 18 hour breaks between OPKs it's poss I missed it, or since I was drinking loads of water may have diluted it, etc. After this cycle I think I'm over OPKs for good. CBFM or just going with the flow from now on, methinks.

Man, I'm tired. Off to bed. Good night my lovelies! Thanks for all of your wisdom and support. :hugs:

Sadly, the less darker line on the right!

I am so tired of a peeing in a damn cup just to analyze a stick for 10 minutes. I have 3 left and then I'm done forever!

Okay, now I really am off to bed, to dream of TTC no doubt!

Goodmorning ladies!

Hearty, what can i say? Whenever i was in similar situation i either sucked it up and went (usually forced by Alex) or made some excuse and stayed home. When my best friend got pregnant the same time as me (second loss) i was honest with her and told her i would not be able to see her as often. This was especially true when she was with other preggos. She was very understanding, so i think sometimes honesty is the best policy.

Yogi, that seems like something that would happen to Chandler on Friends!!!!!!

Allie hope with all the bedroom action you catch the egg this month!!!

Megg once again congratz on your ovaries!!!! I never thought id be typing these words....

I never thought I'd read them, but I appreciate it nonetheless!

I dont know how much it is in the states but i had three done after my second loss at 50 euro per scan. Not to bad if you think i spend 200 euro per month on ciggies!!!

Wow! 200 euro/mo on cigarettes? REALLY? It must have been nice to quit doing that! :thumbup:

Uhm... I don't know how much it is here technically... I don't ever pay it out... That's what my insurance is for. But, its not super cheap... probably more than 50 euro/63 USD!

Sadly, the less darker line on the right!

I am so tired of a peeing in a damn cup just to analyze a stick for 10 minutes. I have 3 left and then I'm done forever!

Okay, now I really am off to bed, to dream of TTC no doubt!

Awww! :hugs: I hate them too, honey! Dream of babies, not TTC them!

Yeah expensive habit....But such a lovely, lovely one.....snif!

Ha! I tried to pick up the habit once upon a time, but it never stuck! However, in the case of a panic attack, sometimes 1 drag off a cigarette is the only thing that gets me breathing normally again. I have to say its probably saved my life once or twice while driving.

My smoking has definately saved someone else's life....Sometimes a drag is the only thing that stops me commiting murder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww Amanda, I can imagine how you must be feeling about the party, your a better person than me as I would make my excuses and proberly not go! I have the same problem myself in 3 weeks and we have no choice but to go, I'm already losing sleep over it!!

I think having a wingman is a great idea, and I love the idea of slipping off for a few shots, maybe get completely wasted then you wont even understand what anyone is talking about, and the preggy people will just look fat through blurred vision!

I'm not drinking when we go to our party as I last time I drunk, I passed out! NOT good! So I'm going to drive and try to leave early, dreading pretending to be over the moon at my preggy friends, although its an act I'm quite good at now! I cant wait until its our turn.xxxxx

Allie - That defo looks positive! No mistaking that!!!

Hearty - Honestly, I'd just go to the bridal shower. I've got two pregnant friends - one due 2 weeks after my first due date, the other due one DAY before my second. It is horrific watching them progress and grow. They both have huge 3rd tri bumps now too and it's difficult. But I just have to suck it up. I just keep thinking its not their fault they got pregnant and it stuck and mine before haven't so I just go on normally with them at events and functions. Although last time I saw them one of them got loads of baby catalogues out so I ended up getting horrifically drunk and crying in her bathroom!! A baby shower though....hmmm I'm not sure I could handle that.

Sassy - PUPPIES!!!!!! So gorgeous. I like Hank!

I went to Muse last night and they were amazing. Didn't have as much fun as I would have had pre-pregnant and I felt quite dizzy and sick trying to get on the tube home but it was a good night, even if my big sister had to keep telling me to stop bouncing up and down dancing! No bleeding this morning either which is good as I would have never forgiven myself.

Hi chicks. Thanks for all the advice. I'll let you know how it goes. It is next Sunday. If for some reason I get bad news from my MRI, I'm not going to go to the party I've decided. If I get good news, I'll go.

I'm off for the whole day today. I raised money for an organization called the Alzheimer's Association. They host an annual walk each year and people raise money for the walk. The money goes to research to help find a cure for Alzheimers. The agency I work for helps people who are caring for their loved ones with Alzheimers and dementia, so my whole agency does the walk. My lovely step-father, who raised me, died of dementia 3 years ago, so it has personal meaning to me as well. I raised $700 this year!!

Then I'm going to drive down to see my father who lives an hour away and spend the afternoon with him and my step-mother. Then to a barbeque with some friends this evening. Full day. Tomorrow I'm going on a hike with my girlfriend who just had her first mc.

Today is 9/11. I can't believe it has been 9 years since the attack on the US. My ex-boyfriend was supposed to be on one of those planes, but he overslept. One of the reasons I broke up with him was because he was always late for things. Guess it saved his life. This day always makes me sad, thinking about the horror of that day. I've always had a fear of flying but after that event, I practically panic when I get on a plane now.

Ok, off to take part in my day. I hope everyone is having a nice Saturday.

xoxo

So i went window shopping with my sis this afternoon. Im walking past a very old and renound shoe store which due to the economic crisis is closing down. We walk in and they are basically giving away their shoes, i find a pair of black leather boots ONE pair left IN MY SIZE (this never happens to me!!) from 300 euro only 35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel terrible for the owner and his family but im soooooo happy i got me a fantastic pair of bootS!!!!!!

Hearty i agree, you go if you are feeling up to it!
I saw there was a huge fire in San Fransicso....Some beutiful historic houses burnt down sooo sad!!!

I think you're logic is sound, Hearty! :hugs: That's awesome about the Alzheimer's walk. I lost my grandmother to Alzheimer's. I actually teared up a little bit just reading your post. Its been over 7 years, but I still feel the pain of losing her every single day. She was such an amazing woman, and I hate what it did to her. She thought she was being held hostage by strangers who were keeping her away from her parents and children... but her parents had been dead for years and the "strangers" WERE her children. :cry: She deserved so much better than that.

9/11 is sort of weird for me... When it happened, I was watching the coverage with my (now ex-)husband and we were getting his son ready for school. The first plane had already hit, and they had live coverage of that in the background... That's when we saw the other plane hit. We didn't know if we should still take him to school or what. It was very scary at the time. It was tragic and awful... What's worse for me though is that it brings up memories of when I was still a mother. I remember holding Tristan in my lap while we watched the coverage. He was only 5 and didn't really get it but watched anyway. Now he's 14, and I haven't seen him since 2004-ish.

Man... I'm a sniveling ball of snot right now. This sucks. I'm sorry... Perhaps I can be more together next time I post...

Good deal on the boots Vic! :hugs:

I've been trying not to stress about the shot, and I was doing okay. But, then my aunt called and thought she should give me advice on how to do the shot and then got a little snippy saying "Fine, do it how you want. You know best!"... but it sounded like she was saying "Fine! Don't listen to me! WHATEVER!" :roll:

THEN! I'm pumped full of fucking hormones and my husband is all gimped up to where he can't drive... We were out having a nice day though, had a delicious lunch and then planned to go to the movie. While on the way to the movie, I made some joke about his driving (because he's a terrible driver... never pays attention... runs lights because he's not paying attention... runs up on cars terribly because he's NOT PAYING ANY EFFING ATTENTION, etc). I said it in a jokey voice though and smiled and nudged him. He scowled... I said, "What? Not funny?" Remember: I'M DRIVING *MY* CAR WITH HIM AS A PASSENGER IN IT! He goes on to say that *I* am the terrible driver and terrify them when I drive. So, I tell him he's more than welcome to get the fuck out of my car and limp his ass home. He doesn't want to though... for some reason. So, now... I have NO desire to look at him, talk to him, be in the same room with him, enjoy a weekend with him... Let alone the amount that DESPERATELY don't want him to come near me with a needle now. :growlmad:

Not to mention, I was reading the IUI thread in LTTTC & AC and there was someone saying how they had 4 mature follies and just knew it would work and it didn't. So, now I feel like I'm being way too optimistic. It makes me want to give up. :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGHnYD2y-44&ob=av2e

Looks like I haven't improved much from this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->