Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Thanks Hearty, I thought I had my emotions in check the past couple of weeks but then this weekend I've been a complete wreck about the whole thing again...just want to move on already.

Oh, Cesca, :hug: to you. I agree with the words of wisdom the disco ladies have bestowed upon you and my thoughts are with you and your bean. I hope you don't have any more bleeding before your scan on Tuesday. If you do, is there any way you could go to A&E and get a scan right away? Thinking of you. :hugs:

Hearty, it sounds like a lovely day and your friend is so lucky to have you during this time.

Vicky, omg your sister's boyfriend sounds like such a jerk! I cannot believe he strung her along for that long!! It's so selfish! Aargh.

Dazed, enjoy the stress free time of NTNP. I wish I were doing that again sometimes! And who knows, some people have better luck while NTNP!

:wave: to everyone. I'm feeling rather blah, I am mad at my body right now. I don't see why I couldn't get a postive OPK. I just keep thinking, I'm young, I eat (fairly) well and exercise, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't eat red meat, I take my vitamins, and I've been temping, sticking my finger up my fanjita daily, and POAS multiple times a day. I'm so familiar with my reproductive system it's probably a little bit strange. I've had sex 5 days in a row. And I'm not even ovulating, much less waiting for a BFP. Harumph.
Sorry, I know my problems are miniscule but I can't help feeling a bit down. Normally I'm pretty optimistic but this OPK thing has me feeling down.

:rofl: about sticking your finger up your fanjita daily.....sorry, but that made me laugh! :)

If only there was a manual to our bodies! :hugs: to you Allie

Oh Allie, fxed for you babe!

Megg, they woman I hiked with today did 3 rounds of Clomid and IUI. On her third round, they also gave her a trigger shot. That was the cycle she got her BFP!!! Oh, I hope you get knocked up tomorrow!

This upcoming week we have:

Monday - Megg's IUI
Tuesday - Cesca's appointment, Cazza's test
Wednesday - Hearty's MRI

Anything else this week ladies?

Dear Week,

The disco ladies are requesting that you provide them all with good news. We appreciate your understanding and effort in this matter.

Sincerely,
The Disco Crew

I'm having an ultrasound and maybe hear a hb on Friday.

Update:

Monday - Megg's IUI
Tuesday - Cesca's appointment, Cazza's test
Wednesday - Hearty's MRI
Friday - Jaymes's ultrasound

Allie, I can totally relate. Still no Peak on the CBFM nor a positive OPK. I've had 5 days of high readings on the CBFM. I have an almost positive OPK today. Not that I'm trying this month, but I'm so sick of getting my Ov so late. I feel your frustration!

Yogi, it is such an emotional rollercoaster. Hang in there honey. You'll get AF again and will be back in the saddle again. I know how hard this all is. We all do. xoxo

Thank you everyone. :) You're so sweet. I went and had a candlelit bubblebath and read Cosmo and just soaked for ages. I feel better now. Que sera, sera, I guess.

:hugs: to you Yogi!

Hearty, I'm sorry you have to suffer the same annoyingly long cycles I seem to have developed. Have they always been this long or just since the mcs?

How exciting, Jaymes! :dance:

Allie, I want a candlelit bath with Cosmo too. And maybe a few cosmos!

I was on the pill for 17 years. Yup, 17! Basically from high school until I was 33 and went off. I had no idea what my cycles were. Since going off, they have always been long. The first pregnancy, I ovulated on CD29, second pregnancy CD22 and third CD26. It's very annoying! I hope yours get back to normal soon.

If I don't get pregnant easily (assuming my uterus is ok), I think I'm going to do Clomid or injectibles to get my body to ov sooner.

Clomid is evil! I hates it! :( (not that it matters, just saying)

I know, but waaay less expensive! My friend today gave me the rundown on cost. Injectibles with IUI would be $3000 a cycle. Clomid with IUI is $500 a cycle!

I did Clomid with IUI for my first pregnancy. It worked well for me.

Hmmm, good food for thought. I don't think my docs will even consider anything for me for awhile. I went to the doctor last week about my long cycles and she said she doesn't think anything's wrong as I'm having periods and have only been ttc 3 cycles. :shrug: I guess we'll see when/if I ovulate this cycle. I would probably consider clomid. I just have a feeling it's not going to be easy for me.

Hearty, one drawback for sure to that long on bc is now you don't have as long of a time period to judge your cycle length with. I think Clomid with IUI sounds like a plan!

One thing I've been wondering is if time of onset of menstruation has anything to do with cycle length. I've had my period since I was 10 (!) and I wonder if that affects fertility at all. Like if my cycles are long because I'm going to run out of eggs sooner or something. I am completely making that up, but I'm finding all kinds of things to be worried about. :blush:

wow, 10! I was 11 when I got mine. Hang in there Allie, it's gonna happen :hugs:

Definitely hang in there, girls! We'll all get there!!! :hugs:

I know, but waaay less expensive! My friend today gave me the rundown on cost. Injectibles with IUI would be $3000 a cycle. Clomid with IUI is $500 a cycle!

Whoa! Yeah... That makes sense! Clomid isn't ALWAYS awful... I just hated it! LOL I wish you all the best of luck regardless of which path you choose, and I can't wait to walk it by your side!

Good morning ladies!!

Allie, i got my period when i was 9 as did most of my female family! So far we all get pregnant very easily so i wouldnt worry about that hun!

So Hearty add another event for this week, my US on Thursday!!!! Very busy week indeed!

My sis is in a really bad place, my mom told me that she was crying in bed till early morning. She didnt go to work today and is still in bed....Hearty any advice???????

Megg Good luck today hun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so many things to look forward to this week!!
I was a late bloomer and didn't get my period until my 14th birthday! Seriously, on my birthday!

Megg, your video was awesome! What a great idea to document this adventure!
Hang in there Allie! Don't you sometimes wish you just didn't KNOW that much about your cycle and your body? So frustrating to be doing everything right and it still won't act how you want it to!

Unfortunately I think the witch is starting to show her ugly face early for me :( I started spotting yesterday and today---nothing much at all---but still. The month I got pregnant I had this too, which I guess can be explained by IB, but I had it in July too where I started spotting about 6 days before my period and it turned out to just be that. I feel pretty down in the dumps this morning :( Not a good way to start a Monday...

Maybe its NOT the witch though! I still have hope for you, Amy! :hugs: Stay strong!

thanks, megg :) I don't even know why I got my hopes up this cycle since we didn't even BD that close to ovulation time. And I told myself that over and over yet I still get hopeful. ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->