Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Allie - have they ever looked into why your cycles are so long?

Megg - such sad news. Log off for a bit and have a lie down and a cry xxx

Allie - have you looked at Starflower as a vitamin/supplement? It is quite a natural way of regulating your cycle. I agree CD34 is very late to ovulate.

I'm so, so sorry, Megg. :( IUI again next cycle? I know it's early to be thinking about it but does't IUI sometimes take a few cycles? :(

Add me to the BFN roster. Well, I didn't test today but I had a temp drop and AF is due. I also had EWCM the past few days and I *think* a pos OPK, and when I put that info in, FF took away my crosshairs for ov! I *was* 14 dpo. I'll post a piccie for your judgement when I get home as I need others' eyes when my judgement is so clouded.

This is what happened to be last cycle too...I thought I ov'ed, but when AF was due I actually ovulated and got AF 14 days late. I feel ovulating at CD34 (if that's what's happening) can't be a good thing. Something must be wrong with my body for that to happen two cycles n a row.

Vicky sorry you're having a rough day.

Cesca I LOVE your boots. Clarks shoes are really comfy, it was a good investment!

Minnie good luck, I'd say you have your bases covered.

Its not early to think about... trust me. I don't know... Yes, it can. But the chances of having another shot at 6 follies and 11.5mil motile sperm? Odds aren't good that I'd get that lucky again. I'm thinking IVF... I don't have time for this shit.

Megg - such sad news. Log off for a bit and have a lie down and a cry xxx

Allie - have you looked at Starflower as a vitamin/supplement? It is quite a natural way of regulating your cycle. I agree CD34 is very late to ovulate.

I've been crying while I'm browsing... What's it matter anymore?

I'm very sorry to hear that megg

and ditto Allie. I had a look at your chart - is it just the last 2 cycles that have been this long? what are they normally? did you get no opk +ve where the cross hairs were before as there's none marked?

Allie could you be ov twice? I dont even know if thats possible but seems odd your getting positive opk then getting them again near when AF is due.

Could you go and speak to your dr maybe ask for a ultrasound?

I’ve been stalking. Haven’t had much to contribute, but wanted to say hello. Megg, my girlfriend, who is 38, got preggers with less follies and way less motile sperm on her 3rd try with IUI. She was doing Clomid, not injections. I know you want to get this ball rolling and I totally support IVF over IUI if you think you want to go that route. I still think the odds are in your favor either way. You are bypassing the dreaded cervix and going straight for the eggs. That being said, today is a day to be pissed off.

Allie, can you post this positive OPK? My history with long cycles was helped with acupuncture. Obviously I still ovulate late, but around day 26ish.

Nato, according to your chart you are 4dpo. Looks like you Ov’d on Thursday. Your temp starts to rise after ovulation. It is the progesterone production after Ov that causes the temp rise. (Thanks for your FB message.)

:hi: Hi to everyone else.

AFM, I’m dealing. Some days are better than others. I have waves of hope coupled with waves of hopelessness all in one thought. I know other women have had babies with my condition, but given my 3 mcs, it is hard to believe that my body can do it. I’m really really scared. I got AF yesterday. My appointment is October 14 for a second opinion. I’m not sure if they test for NK cells, but I found a doctor close by who will test for NK cells. I have a theory that I might have elevated NK cells because they are trying to attack this excess tissue in my uterine wall. When I get pregnant, the cells cause the mc, not the tissue itself. If my second opinion doesn’t go well, I’m booking a 3rd opinion! I should ovulate around October 21. I’m really hoping that I’m told I should try again.

xoxo

Sorry Megg, I just read on your journal that the PMA isn't working for you right now. '

On that note: Fuck, fuck, shit! This sucks big time!!!! DAMN IT!

:hugs: Hearty! I am glad you are willing to get different opinions as I think it is important to find out everything you can. I definitely think you should keep trying again, especially since others have delivered healthy babies with the same condition. Although, it is going to ultimately be up to you. Just weigh the options, and know that there is the possibility for more heartache, but there is also the possibility of a healthy baby. So if you are willing to give it a try, then I definitely would.

Thanks, Amanda... It true... Not working at all... Sometimes you just need to be sad and not try and think of the positives... Sometimes it feels like there aren't any!

I like your 2nd and 3rd opinion plan... I'll have hope for you since I can't have any for myself today! :hugs:

:hi: hearty

I'm so pleased your getting a second opinion really hope it goes well. Thinking of you, I have hope for you.

I also have hope for you megg but understand that you just need to feel what your feeling. :hugs:

sorry i am only lurking lately guys--been traveling a lot for work again.
I am so sorry megg...it seems impossible that you would have all those positive tests though, so it's totally understandable that you got your hopes up. It's totally ok to take some time to be sad and decide on the next step. :hugs:

hi hearty! glad to hear from you again. I am also glad you're getting a second opinion, I mean it doesn't hurt to get as much information about this as possible and then decide what your options are.

I'm sorry about your BFN, Allie. I hope you can get your cycles figured out. It must be frustrating!
vicky- did your sister cut off all contact with her ex or does she still talk to him a bit? Did she find another place to live? I can't remember if you mentioned that before....I can send over some Vikings from Norway to beat him up if need be. Just say the word ;)
what a shit day all around here....

Right!!! I have finally caught up with you all on here....yes I've read the whole thread...it has taken ages, on and off, I was an original disco tester with the old thread......and now I'm back baby :D......hope you'll have me :flower:

There's been so many ups and downs on here since the thread started, but you ladies remain lovely and supportive whatever....I'm a bit up and downy myself, so I'm squeezing myself into the room....shove up :kiss:

Howdydoody hearty - great to hear off you!!

You should get tested for NK cells anyway - i have a theory that it might not even be your condition causing the mc - they dont bloody know, so they should throw everything at you is my opinion (that can be the 4th opinion cos the first 3 really should be from a dr).

"I’m really hoping that I’m told I should try again"

are you waiting for your dr's opinion on this? I don't want to ask too much as it must all be going round and round in your head, so understand if its getting too much but i personally think Mel is right in saying it has happened for others

ive got my head round my chart now thanks poppet, it straightened itself out and put cross hairs on the chart on sunday, and my temp went higher today so not so worried about how it first looked now. Got my 21 day test in the next few days, but if my temp stays high, i wont be so worried about that.

look after yourself, if you want to stay around we will look after you. We will fetch you grapes and stuff x

Megg so sorry mate....Fucking hell man....

Hearty all my love your way, really hope your next apointment brings you some much needed good news....

Hugs all around

woo hoo sparkly!!!! i will budge over but my arse is massive at the mo so you might have to sit on my knee.

how are you? what's going on with you? what happened with the uterus weirdies? I am having phantom pregnancies and no bfps.

norge, send in the big guns, forget the vikings, give Thor a ring. I've heard he'll sort out a troublesome ex

Meg, you know I've told you elsewhere, but I'm so sad for you today...the universe is a right old b#stard sometimes!

Hearty, the same goes for you chick...I'm not sure if I should be telling you this, but I had an emotional episode last week (mainly due to the evil devil clomid) your mri news was the last straw for me on that particular day, and I broke down for you hun :cry: Like you've since said, it has been possible for other women to have babies, I'm sure you will be one of them x

:hi: sparkly and amy

good to have you girls back. How are you both?

:hugs:

Hey Sparkly, nice to meet you, sorry I don't remember you from before but lovely to have another lady to chat with on here.

Amanda - Thanks for stopping by, I hope all goes well at your appointment, I will have my fingers so tightly crossed for you hunny.

Allie - I really feel for you, I would be pulling my hair out if I had such long cycles, can you speak to your doctor? Or maybe look up some vits etc that may shorten your cycle even if only a little bit.

I get my results from my hysterocopy and lots more blood tests tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed for me ladies.xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->