Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Allie - I really don't know what to say, but I sure wish those tests were showing a BFP instead of ovulation! I would try to get some answers about your long cycles from your doctor, especially since it makes it hard to tell when you are actually ov'ing! Maybe there is something they can do to get it to a regular cycle????

Confused.com......I looked at your chart and according to your temps I would say you ov'd on CD21, but no +opk you say???? strange...and now when AF should be due what looks to me like an almost +opk, have you taken a hpt?.....actually I think you said you have and it was BFN...very confusing! Have your cycles always been like this, or just since your m/c? It could just be your body is taking a little longer to settle down. I'm sorry I can't be more help than that hun x

Thanks Sparkly! Yeah, the first OPK is almost postive but on the 2nd test it is the DARKER line that is the test line, so very positive. Which I didn't get on CD 21, just 'almost pos.'
And it has just been since my mc. I had irregular cycles a few years ago but they went back to normal on their own.

I would try to get some answers about your long cycles from your doctor, especially since it makes it hard to tell when you are actually ov'ing! Maybe there is something they can do to get it to a regular cycle????

I went to the doc a few weeks ago and she wasn't concerned at all. In fact she said as long as I didn't 'skip' an entire period she didn't care if I had long cycles. She told me to lose 15 lbs so I'm out of the overweight BMI range. But that doesn't make a lot of sense to me since I'm barely overweight, and there are plently of properly overweight people who get pregnant all the time. So confused.

omg, I would have slapped her!!! Even my doctor didn't tell me I need to lose weight, and I bet I need to lose a lot more then you!

You look great, Mel. :) And honestly, I don't see how 10,15,20 lbs can really affect cycles that much? I understand if it were 50 lbs. But I'm not a doctor. *sigh* I guess I'll just lose the weight and hope it's a magic cycle cure. (As I type this I'm eating cheesecake lol)

:rofl: what kind of cheesecake??? I LOVE cheesecake!!! :) Thanks Allie, but I am seriously overweight (see my journal, lol). I can't see how it would affect it that much either, so enjoy the cheesecake and screw the doctor!!!

Saralee frozen new york cheesecake. About 500 calories a slice but I don't care! It's my comfort food and I need a vice since I don't drink. Well, I'll keep telling myself that anyways! :dohh:

mmmm i had some oreo cheesecake last night mmmmmm

Hey! Awake from my nap. Hoped I would wake up feeling better, but I haven't. The only thing I've managed to feel better about is that I need to realize that this isn't a loss... Its just a disappointment. I'm having a hard time distinguishing right now.

It's ok Megg....things will work out, but you can sulk all you want right now :hugs:

Megg, that's important to distinguish, but the sadness is still real.

Ugh. I've just googled delayed ovulation and BMIs and it's not looking good. Apparently a BMI of over 25 can affect ovulation, which is why I need to lose 15 lbs to get back down to a BMI of 25. Also, when ovulating after CD20 (much less 35!) your uterine lining is old, your eggs are old....it's not looking good for me. We're going to BD but I doubt it will happen this late.

(So much for NTNP btw, ha. This has made me pissed off and thus determinted to ovulate reguarly dammit)

PS. Sorry for being so self-involved today. :blush: I need to a journal so I can go all me, me, me when I'm feeling like this.

Allie sweetie, if it didn't affect me, I can't believe that it is affecting you! :hugs:

I just feel like I should clarify... I don't feel like I've had a loss or anything... I'm not that delusional. It just feels very much (in my heart) like that felt... A promise broken... The loss of what might have been... etc. I don't really think of my losses the way a lot of people do. I feel like my baby is my baby is my baby... The one I eventually have is the same one that I've lost twice. So, its more a feeling of being cheated out of the future I thought I was moving towards. I think that should make my previous statement make more sense!

Allie... I'm so sorry you're having to work all of this out! It really sucks! :hugs:

I've emailed my FS tonight... hopefully to the right email address... I literally guessed! But I'm assuming that the address assignment is universal and if one person's email address is [email protected] then the rest would be the same? Anyway, this is the email... I hope it sounds okay, as I've already hit send!

My Email to FS said:
Dr. Horowitz,

I'm not even sure if this is the right email address for you. I'm just guessing based on Lisa's email address. But, you said to email you anytime with questions... So, here I am trying!

I'm assuming (at this point) that our 1st IUI failed. My betas today at 14dpiui was <1, and it seems unlikely for that to change by Wednesday. If I'm being honest, I'm not entirely convinced that the timing was correct. I feel I would have benefited from a bit more monitoring. Looking at my chart, it seems unlikely (at best) that ovulation occurred when it was supposed to. It looks much more like it occurred BEFORE it was supposed to or not at all. I know you have faith in charting, so I'm attaching a screenshot of my chart. I have ovulation manually marked on the day of the IUI, but it looks very "off" to me. If I leave it up to the software, it doesn't detect ovulation at all.

I would have liked more than 1 ultrasound to assure me that either I hadn't ovulated too early or that my follicles had reached the appropriate size at the time of my trigger shot. I know that they "generally" grow 2-3mm per day, but we both know that not everyone will fall into that general rule. I also would like to see 7dpo P4 results. Despite you not believing in progesterone deficiency or LP defect, it would have given me some reassurance that things were as they should have been. Perhaps I'm being nit-picky... or even demanding. But they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I've learned that no one will campaign for you if you don't campaign for yourself. So, I'm here now... campaigning to get what I feel I need.

All that being said, I do trust in your 30 years experience, and I'm certain you're very good at your job. In that light, I would like an opinion regarding whether its worth even trying IUI again or if we should skip directly to IVF. Both procedures are covered by our insurance, so cost isn't really a determining factor. I will tell you specifically what I hope for, and perhaps you can best advise from there. I would like to see clinical success (as specified by a heartbeat seen via ultrasound) prior to this Christmas.

I've put in a lot of years and a lot more tears... and I'm really done with the hurting. There is only so much I can take. I have a large investment into the process... and I don't mean monetary. Emotionally, I am all but drained. After seeing 3 days of faint but positive home pregnancy tests (I had multiple people verify that I wasn't imagining things), I was shocked to hear that my betas were as negative as humanly possible. I refuse to do home urine tests anymore at this point. I don't know what caused the results I got... but I will NOT put myself through that again. So, I will require betas each cycle as the sole determining factor of success or failure. I sincerely hope you can understand that.

I feel like I'm rambling, but after a day of crying myself to sleep and waking up only to repeat the process... I sit here begging you for answers. What do I do next? I know there is more money in 2 more failed IUI cycles prior to going into IVF... but I hope you won't answer with that factor in mind.

I shall close for now and hope I've not sent this off into the abyss of misdirected email. Thank you in advance for whatever response you see fit to send me!

Sincerely,

Megan Eli

So, he's responded to me... I've responded back... and he's responded back again! I'm shocked at how amazing he is... His dedication is remarkable! Anyway... He's having his nurse coordinator call me tomorrow to get the ball rolling on IVF. I'm done with IUI and the let down at the end. I know I only gave it one shot, but it was a GOOD shot... So, since he agrees that IVF is better and I think I've known it all along... That's what's next! I shall let you all know what's happening as I know!

Good luck Megg! IVF it is! Is it too early to start getting excited for you again? Becaause I want to. Wow, he really is on the ball. That's wonderful.

Nope! Not too early to get excited! In case anyone is wondering why IVF so quickly...

IVF would seem to be a better option for you based on several reasons:

a. The amount of control offered over the stimulation with IVF would I believe more fulfill your expectations.

b. It has a far greater cycle fecundity rate (take home baby rate) than does ovulation induction.

c. It allows us to determine the fertilizability of the DNA of your eggs and your husband&#8217;s sperm.

d. It decreases the incidence of multiple gestation.

I find that hard to argue with, no?

Wow that's great that he's responded a few times back to you and is taking control of the situation!!! Very exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->