Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Amy oh my god youre a chemist too???? Im also a PHd Chemist lol!!
Im sorry but you are a better woman than I...I would have never left the States in the first place let alone give up my career twice. Make sure you dont end up resenting your hubby if you put your needs always second to his. Ive seen it happen to many friends babe.

My scan is October 7th (sorry, I realized I said I won't talk about myself in this thread, but at times it's a little hard. I often start typing something and then delete it.....I won't delete it this time).

Wow Amy! Does her husband know about the affair? or does he think the child is his?? I hope she was honest with him, because it will eventually come out if she wasn't, and then it's going to be a huge mess!

Mel relax, its ok to talk about scans and other preggo stuff!!!

Aww Lucy it's completely normal to feel that way, just remember that you said yourself that it feels so different this time around, I have every faith that this is it for you. I CAANOT wait until your first scan, I'm proberly nearly as excited as you (clearly I need to get a life)!xxx

Awww thank you please be exicted for me thats so sweet and when I'm feeling a bit unsure and scared I can know that your their feeling the exictement which I may not be feeling at that point. I'm so happy but I feel I cant be totally exicted yet just in case. I probably sound crazy!! xx

That's a perfectly normal way to feel, babe! Everything crossed that your scan goes perfectly!

Thank you hopefully the next few weeks will go quickly.

Unfortunately, the next cycle starts in just a few days... and I'm a bit late to that one. So, The next available cycles starts Nov 1. I need you girls to try and occupy me until then! I think I'm going to lose my mind before then if I think about it too much! I just had to all explained, and wow! Its definitely different

Thats a shame you've got to wait but you can look forward to it and we will keep you occupied. :hugs:

Hasn't vicky and mel got scan's coming up. Sassy has an appointment today.

Megg - we will help get you through. Just think of it as your body preparing itself, and getting a snuggly home ready for the baby :hugs:

Mel its ok to talk about scan and things your going through we're all here for each other. :hugs:

Amy I meant to say wow thats a tricky situation must be so hard does her husband know?

Make sure you make the deicison that is right for both of you it sounds like you've given up a lot before. Have you told your hubby how you feel?

Lucy your scan is on my birthday! There can't possibly be any bad news on my birthday (except for the fact that I'm turning 36).

Amy that story about your friend is maddening. I would be pissed off about it for sure. Does her husband know? As for your situation I agree with Vicky. I hope you are talking with your husband about all of the things you've given up to be with him. You don't want to find yourself resenting him down the road.

My FS appt is Oct 14. How much worse can it get after all of the bad news I've been getting? Hopefully I'm on the path to better news.

Lucy your scan is on my birthday! There can't possibly be any bad news on my birthday (except for the fact that I'm turning 36).

Amy that story about your friend is maddening. I would be pissed off about it for sure. Does her husband know? As for your situation I agree with Vicky. I hope you are talking with your husband about all of the things you've given up to be with him. You don't want to find yourself resenting him down the road.

My FS appt is Oct 14. How much worse can it get after all of the bad news I've been getting? Hopefully I'm on the path to better news.

Adding everyone's "what's next" sort of stuff to page 1... in case we get new people who want to catch up! :)

My scan is October 7th (sorry, I realized I said I won't talk about myself in this thread, but at times it's a little hard. I often start typing something and then delete it.....I won't delete it this time).

Wow Amy! Does her husband know about the affair? or does he think the child is his?? I hope she was honest with him, because it will eventually come out if she wasn't, and then it's going to be a huge mess!

Well, stop effing deleting it! If you weren't pregnant, I'd hit you! :hugs: Breath deep and post whatever you like... Please? I really do miss having you here like you used to be! PLEASE? [-o&lt; <--- beg, not pray

Aww Lucy it's completely normal to feel that way, just remember that you said yourself that it feels so different this time around, I have every faith that this is it for you. I CAANOT wait until your first scan, I'm proberly nearly as excited as you (clearly I need to get a life)!xxx

Awww thank you please be exicted for me thats so sweet and when I'm feeling a bit unsure and scared I can know that your their feeling the exictement which I may not be feeling at that point. I'm so happy but I feel I cant be totally exicted yet just in case. I probably sound crazy!! xx

That's a perfectly normal way to feel, babe! Everything crossed that your scan goes perfectly!

Thank you hopefully the next few weeks will go quickly.

Unfortunately, the next cycle starts in just a few days... and I'm a bit late to that one. So, The next available cycles starts Nov 1. I need you girls to try and occupy me until then! I think I'm going to lose my mind before then if I think about it too much! I just had to all explained, and wow! Its definitely different

Thats a shame you've got to wait but you can look forward to it and we will keep you occupied. :hugs:

Hasn't vicky and mel got scan's coming up. Sassy has an appointment today.

You better well keep me occupied so I don't lose my ever loving mind! LOL

Megg - we will help get you through. Just think of it as your body preparing itself, and getting a snuggly home ready for the baby :hugs:

I shall try to look at it that way!

Thanks for missing me Meggles! I will help you get through this month for sure. I have Thanksgiving coming up on the 11th, and I will tell you all about my turkey and turkey sandwiches :)

Sparkly - so glad you got everything sorted and the d&c went well - thats great news. I hope your oh is prepared for the twins then, espec with clomid - eyes firmly crossed for you - i know he needs to be ready, but he will be when it happens, he's half of it but its you we're rooting for on this one <biasedface>. Im throughly miserable with not drinking / smoking / doing the trapeze etc, but my new 6 glass doors onto the garden means i can sit and watch the 3 baby squirrels in my garden without leaving the sofa.

Allie, we all have glitches in our systems so it might be temporary, but if carries on you should speak to the dr, have you had hormone tests already? And have you done a hpt today? the opks might be hcg (optimisticheadon) - if you oving this late, something else that hearty tried was soya, but that shit is scary and really affects your cycle, i would talk to your dr and read up good and proper on it if you wanted to try it to shorten your cycle and strengthen ov. On the weight thing, body fat does effect oestrogen, but if you arent overweight and just the bmi is off, bmi isnt an infallible system and can show your weight being unhealthy when it isnt - you know your body better than a smart arse dr in a tight pencil skirt. Not sure why im picturing her in a pencil skirt but i am. Prob cos she sounds smug. Edt: o youre talking about soy now. 5 pages after i typed the above

megg, every af feels like a damned loss to me, so wallow i say. Not often we are allowed to wallow, and a good old wallow and accepting you feel like total crap is sometimes needed

Megg, my sister is a nurse and she often gives me advice on how to tackle the drs. What she says is that you have to be pragmatic, because if you show to much emotion, they can feel that you're perspective is being skewed by your emotion which can undermine yoru credibility in requesting extra treatment. That said, when you are dealing with women as an FS, you gotta expect emotions. It does relate more to getting referrals and GPs who arent used to this field, however, i think my sister has a point. When i went to my gp this month, i saw my medical notes on her screen and it said 'very tearful' and i know i was judged because of it. any drs makes me cry. Im screwed, i even cried at the drs when i was diagnosed with an ear infection. How embarrassing. Does sound like the FS reacted well, but its worth bearing in mind that you have to demonstrate you know what you need for yourself.

Fabbo news on the ivf!!

"She had "twins" with different fathers!!!" ...I studied this during my masters, i did animal behaviour and sperm competition, its actually a lot more common than the medical profession would admit to. Espec as women (biologically) are more likely to have 'double mating' (ugh) during their fertile period.

"it took me 3 times as long to walk the same distance walk every day" - visions of old biddy and zimmer frame. Forgive me.

Exciting scans coming up!!

"At one point he told me that if i didnt trust him then why was i still seeing him. I do trust him its just that after what ive been through its hard for me to just accept that things are going ok, he should be more in tuned with this i think. " - think this is more of an example as to what my sister was talking about than meggs. I do think they have to be a bit robotic sometimes, which is the nature of how they can deal with their jobs, and totally at odds with the nature of their jobs

"Maybe its the fear talking and not instinct" - thats the problem, instinct and fear are interchangeable without any indication of which is in charge at any one time. Fear is our frame of reference. Youre coming up to what you see as your danger time too, which is going to prickle your fear right up.

Fergie, you look a bit like Ferne Cotton i think. I read your name as ferne instead of fergie now.

Ach Amy - i'd say whatever puts the least amount of pressure on you, and your relationship should be the best option, but of course that doesnt account for career hopes and dreams. I hope you find the right answer

"I know that's jealous and selfish and everything" - not half as selfish as her actions. I dont like to judge people for their actions, but for your sake, you need to be around people who make you feel comfortable when youre under so much pressure. My faithful, pregnant friends have given me a bit of space at the moment so if shes not reading this situation, its demonstrative of her selfishness, rather than yours

oo whats all this 'whats next' stuff - what a good idea

on the whats happening, im having my hormone tests this month starting thursday, i want some air time.

im like a diva.

Hi everyone!

Oh, Amy, I don't envy your situation at all. I agree with the others; make sure you're not going to resent the decision to move later on. And wtf with your friend?!?! You aren't being selfish at all....she is definitely the selfish one. It's normal to feel jealous when this happened to her under those circumstances.

Nato, thanks for your comments. I just made yet another appt and I'm getting bloods done tomorrow. Hmm the doctor I saw was quite possibly in a pencil skirt. Actually she was a nurse practitioner. This time I'm seeing a male doctor...hopefully he's more helpful.

Lucy, I am excited for you and full of optimism for you!! Everything's going to to go well. Now it's the the waiting....for all of you guys! Don't worry I'll try to help you occupied while you all wait for the 'next step'. :hugs: Though I think the time will fly by with all of the scans one after another...

Thanks for missing me Meggles! I will help you get through this month for sure. I have Thanksgiving coming up on the 11th, and I will tell you all about my turkey and turkey sandwiches :)

Ooh! I don't have Thanksgiving until Nov 25! EEK! That used to be my wedding anniversary with 1st hubby! :wacko:

Sparkly - so glad you got everything sorted and the d&c went well - thats great news. I hope your oh is prepared for the twins then, espec with clomid - eyes firmly crossed for you - i know he needs to be ready, but he will be when it happens, he's half of it but its you we're rooting for on this one <biasedface>. Im throughly miserable with not drinking / smoking / doing the trapeze etc, but my new 6 glass doors onto the garden means i can sit and watch the 3 baby squirrels in my garden without leaving the sofa.

Allie, we all have glitches in our systems so it might be temporary, but if carries on you should speak to the dr, have you had hormone tests already? And have you done a hpt today? the opks might be hcg (optimisticheadon) - if you oving this late, something else that hearty tried was soya, but that shit is scary and really affects your cycle, i would talk to your dr and read up good and proper on it if you wanted to try it to shorten your cycle and strengthen ov. On the weight thing, body fat does effect oestrogen, but if you arent overweight and just the bmi is off, bmi isnt an infallible system and can show your weight being unhealthy when it isnt - you know your body better than a smart arse dr in a tight pencil skirt. Not sure why im picturing her in a pencil skirt but i am. Prob cos she sounds smug. Edt: o youre talking about soy now. 5 pages after i typed the above

megg, every af feels like a damned loss to me, so wallow i say. Not often we are allowed to wallow, and a good old wallow and accepting you feel like total crap is sometimes needed

Megg, my sister is a nurse and she often gives me advice on how to tackle the drs. What she says is that you have to be pragmatic, because if you show to much emotion, they can feel that you're perspective is being skewed by your emotion which can undermine yoru credibility in requesting extra treatment. That said, when you are dealing with women as an FS, you gotta expect emotions. It does relate more to getting referrals and GPs who arent used to this field, however, i think my sister has a point. When i went to my gp this month, i saw my medical notes on her screen and it said 'very tearful' and i know i was judged because of it. any drs makes me cry. Im screwed, i even cried at the drs when i was diagnosed with an ear infection. How embarrassing. Does sound like the FS reacted well, but its worth bearing in mind that you have to demonstrate you know what you need for yourself.

Fabbo news on the ivf!!

"She had "twins" with different fathers!!!" ...I studied this during my masters, i did animal behaviour and sperm competition, its actually a lot more common than the medical profession would admit to. Espec as women (biologically) are more likely to have 'double mating' (ugh) during their fertile period.

"it took me 3 times as long to walk the same distance walk every day" - visions of old biddy and zimmer frame. Forgive me.

Exciting scans coming up!!

"At one point he told me that if i didnt trust him then why was i still seeing him. I do trust him its just that after what ive been through its hard for me to just accept that things are going ok, he should be more in tuned with this i think. " - think this is more of an example as to what my sister was talking about than meggs. I do think they have to be a bit robotic sometimes, which is the nature of how they can deal with their jobs, and totally at odds with the nature of their jobs

"Maybe its the fear talking and not instinct" - thats the problem, instinct and fear are interchangeable without any indication of which is in charge at any one time. Fear is our frame of reference. Youre coming up to what you see as your danger time too, which is going to prickle your fear right up.

Fergie, you look a bit like Ferne Cotton i think. I read your name as ferne instead of fergie now.

Ach Amy - i'd say whatever puts the least amount of pressure on you, and your relationship should be the best option, but of course that doesnt account for career hopes and dreams. I hope you find the right answer

"I know that's jealous and selfish and everything" - not half as selfish as her actions. I dont like to judge people for their actions, but for your sake, you need to be around people who make you feel comfortable when youre under so much pressure. My faithful, pregnant friends have given me a bit of space at the moment so if shes not reading this situation, its demonstrative of her selfishness, rather than yours

oo whats all this 'whats next' stuff - what a good idea

In his response (though he did react fairly well), he did mention that if I felt I needed to speak to someone about it that they have a psychologist in house that specializes in specifically what I'm going through. He's got a slightly more sympathetic take on it because he and his wife were in fertility treatment before he went into that field of study. But, I assured him in my 2nd email that I would consider speaking to someone if I didn't bounce back within a few short days. I expected the disappointment, but it usually goes quickly. And, I wouldn't let it go unchecked if I wasn't recovering from the feelings appropriately. He seemed more than accepting of that, as I said it in a much more intelligent way in the email! LOL

The first FS told me I needed meds and a psychiatrist because she made me cry when more or less calling me a failure! I hated her.

on the whats happening, im having my hormone tests this month starting thursday, i want some air time.

im like a diva.

I'll add it! :)

Ahhh nato I love reading your posts.

Me too! She's great! I miss her so much when she's not in here!

Nato thanks for the insight doll, youre right...im coming up to my most terrifying scan and im letting my fear rule me. Im trying really hard to keep things in a more logical frame but unfortunately most of the times i fail miserably!!!!!
Good luck with all the tests babe!

I agree, I love reading Nato's post's so keep posting please missy.

Amy - Your friend sounds delightful........NOT, you have every right to feel the way you do.xxx

Hey I'm confused, I thought thanks giving was at Xmas?xxx

In Canada, we have Thanksgiving the second week of October. In the US, it's in November sometime (I think near the end????). All I know, is I am looking forward to the delicious food! :)

Please forgive me but I'm blonde, what is Thanksgiving? what is it to celebrate? Do you get presents? Do you have Xmas aswel?xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->