Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

well that sounds ok then. I know I hear a lot of people say they like being a sub instead because then they don't have to worry about any of the lesson plans or anything. But if it is something you enjoy doing, then I am sure a full time position would be good.

I enjoy both it's nice having your own class and a base but equally supply is fab as you dont have any of the politics that go on in schools to deal with and none of the paperwork!! Theres pros and cons to both I'm happy with supply with being pregnant its good.

I hope you feel better soon, Amy! Sounds like the flu....:hugs:

Lucy, of course it's okay! I will add you as soon as I can get on (FB is blocked at work). If any of you lovelies want to add me I think you can look by my email address? [email protected]

I've been thinking of Sassy's name and Hearty guessed what I was going to guess- Isabella! Or Samantha...

oh I bet that would be good for sure right now. Have you had any morning sickness or anything at all?

I get nauseous if I havnt eaten but not been to bad with it get it more in the evenings if anything.

I totally missed the dog name bit in Sass's description!!!

Amy i too feel like crap today, ive had a massive headache all day plus my sinuses have flared up real bad...Not to mention my bad hip....Im soooo old dammit...

Mel and Allie i added you on facebook

Luce - glad it isn't too bad. I hope it stays that way for you

Vicky - I hope you feel better soon too! take some tylenol for that headache, and get some rest :hugs:

Vicky put your feet up and take it easy!! Hope you feel better soon.

Take it easy, relax and get some rest Vicky!

Hi Girls,

Just caught up you chatterboxes!

Hope you feel better soon Amy.

Sorry Lucy I forgot to wish you Happy 6 week, I must say it seems that you only just this second got your BFP.

For those that don't read my journal my appointment went as follows:-

Well my brain is slightly frazzled as it always is after my appointment's. I have done some quick research on there findings but still don't fully understand. Results from my hysteroscopy were perfect, everything is down there looks more than fine, my tubes, my womb, my lining so really pleased with that, biopsy came back fine aswell.

Now my bloods were not so great, my body does not absorb enough folic acid so I have to take alot higher dose from now on. My B12 levels were slightly on the low side so I explained to her that I have been taking B-Complex vits for some time so I must continue with those or my levels will drop too low. They found that I'm a carrier of the gene MTHFR, I'm not entirely sure what it mean's but it's treated with Clexane injections as is my sticky blood is! I will also have to take steriods as soon as I get a positive pregnancy, so this is something I'm a little bit upset about, again I know nothing about steriods but the thought kind of scares me! So all in all I have lots of little defects that can be treated, just seems I have alot more wrong with me than right!! She said she cannot promise that this treatment will work and the only way to find out is to get pregnant again and see what happens! If I go onto to M/C again they will go back to the drawing board with regards to the next step!

So things to do to maintain a healthy Pregnancy:-
Double Folic Acid
B-Complex Vits
Baby Aspirin
Progesterone Pessaries
Clexane Injections
Steriods

Hope everyones ok, I'm off to catch up with all your journal's now.xxxx

I love how Sassy always ignores the name part, lol! Come on Sass, you know you want to tell us :)

Sassy I also have the MTHFR gene mutation, im homozygous. In theory this gene mutation is what causes poor folic acid absorption, and subsequently to high homocysteine levels. When this is high it has been linked to clotting. Most of the research is still in early stages and there has been no clear benefit from having heparin injections concerning the MTHFR mutation. However, since you also have the sticky blood i would think these two in combination would definately warrant the injections. Im only on low dose aspirin and 4 mg of folic acid.

Sassy, do you know if you carry one or two of the MTHFR genes? Vicky carries 2 which means she may have clotting issues. I only carry one. Apparently 50% of people have one of the genes. It doesn't mean much, but just as a precaution, my doctor also told me to take extra folic acid. I take 5mgs a day. Did they test your homocysteine levels? As Vicky said, that could also lend some insight about not absorbing folic acid properly. Mine were normal, but I'm still doing the extra folic acid.

I'm also taking baby aspirin because I had a subchorionic hematoma (blood clot) in my uterus with my first pregnancy. They haven't offered me injections though since I don't have sticky blood or the double gene mutation for MTHFR.

I'm sorry you have these things, but it's nice to know that there is a plan of action to treat them in the next pregnancy.

Hearty - I just want to say that I am so happy to see you posting again :hugs:

Amanda he said I tested positive for both if that makes sense? I always come away wishing I'd asked so many more questions, I think I'm going to have to see him again asap so he can explain it all again to me and I'll take hubby this time.xxx

sassy, Im really sorry to hear that. when you say tested positive for both, do you mean both MTHRF genes? If so, youre homozygous like Vic, but its treatable and a reason for mc that can be dealt with. I dont know how you feel, but many bumpers hate the 'nothing wrong' diagnosis because it means there's no specific action to treat a specific issue - and you have specific treatments available. That doesnt detract from how you might be feeling after your results though, but knowing what you might need as treatment is a defo positive.

as an aside, i have my blood tests tomorrow for 21 day, my cycle was a day shorter this month, is it ok if its a possible day either side of 21 days?

My temp keeps going up/staying high at 6DPO so im hoping thats a good indicator that my progesterone levels are good.

Thanks Mel!

Sassy, ditto what Nato said. It sounds like you might be positive for both MTHFR genes. I know how hard it is to get this info, but like Nato said, there are options to treat it. I would look at that as a plus.

Nato, your chart looks great. You'll be fine to get your test a day before or after day 21. They really just pick that day to make sure you've ovulated (in my case, I wouldn't have yet!) I bet your progesterone levels are going to be fine given your chart.

Yes that sounds right, don't get me wrong I'm glad it can be treated I just can't help feeling upset that there's so mnay little things wrong with me surely that has to count for something right?? It's not just 1 thing it's quite a few things. I'm so sorry Amanda I know your going through more scary stuff and I know I sound really selfish but I sometimes suffer with "why me" syndrome! I hope you understand.xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->