Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Thanks Megg. Hope you had a good nap. Green is my favorite color. Green, brown, gray, blue. I like earthy colors.

Hi ladies! Did you all have a nice Saturday? Alex and I went out for lunch with my parents and then to a pumpkin patch. We navigated the corn maze, payed mini-golf, watched a pig race, took a wagon ride....very small town but very fun!

Hearty, those are some rockin' boots!! And hurray, I am so happy you are going to try again. Hope, hope, hope.

I too was wondering if I could stay up for Nato's test but I don't think I can make it. I'll have to wake up to it. I'm cautiously excited!

Oh, I would love a cruise around the world with you ladies! One day, with our babies, let's do it. :) :friends:

I loved reading your engagement and romance stories! You have some real sweeities for OHs.

My engagement story is a bit similar to Sarah's; it was unexpected and in his bedroom one night. Not the most romantic but cute and spontaneous. We also got engaged with 4 months of knowing each other! But I think he wanted a ring on it before I went back to the USA when my student visa was over haha. Anyways, I am a Lord of the Rings geek so my engagement ring was a $40 Elvish Love Ring (all we could afford as poor students) with the inscription

"One ring to show our love
One ring to bind us
One ring to seal our love
And forever to entwine us"

... in Evlish!! I'm aware it's cheesy as hell but loved it.

Oh Allie I LOVE your engagement ring! Tim and I are Lord of the Rings junkies. We own the trilogy. We saw each movie twice in the theater. We're not big Christmas people but our one ritual has been to snuggle up on christmas day and watch the movies. If you could live in the Shire or Rivendale which would you choose? I'm a Shire girl all the way!

Yay! I love your Christmas ritual. I'm definitely a Shire girl all the way, as well! :)

My LOTR obsession was at one time quite excessive. My BFF and I saw The Two Towers erm, 11 times in the theater! Only twice with the other two haha but that was the peak of our obsession. We flew out to California and attended a Lord of the Rings Oscar party and met some of the cast--I gave Dominic Monaghan a hug (Merry) and Johnathan Rhys-Davies (Gimli) kissed me on the cheek. One of the highlights of my life so far!!

Color me jealous Allie! Who did you know to get you into that party?

Have you ever been on theonering.net? It was fan party in 2003 ran by that site! We paid to get tickets and fly out there. They were open to everyone. Some of the cast came to the party after the ceremony and my friend and I were lucky enough to be one of the few fans to get close to them (we stood by the door and waited).

I attached two pics of us at the party. The second one is Dominich Monaghan hugging me, which I asked him to do and had the security guard take our photo!

I am known to stalk hobbits-I also met Billy Boyd (Pippin) when I went to see his band play at a Glasgow pub. Just a weird thing about me.

Attachments

• LOTRcutouts.jpg
    LOTRcutouts.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 10
  • LOTRDom.jpg
    LOTRDom.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 10
It's nearly 2am here and I can't sleep :cry: I have to be up by 8 as my friend is picking me and Luna up at 9:30am to go to the waggy walk. Grr it's times like this I wish I had sleeping tablets!

I'm so sorry Sequeena. :( Have you tried drinking hot milk or a decaf tea? Sometimes that works. I also do deep breathing while I lay in bed...I count to 3 as I inhale, hold for 4,5, and exhale with a whoosh on 6. It's really relaxing. I know how awful it is to not be able to sleep. :hug:

I have tried and tested nearly everything to make myself sleep (now and in the past). I'm just an insomniac :( I can only sleep when my OH is here and considering he works nights I don't get much sleep at all.

Allie you are a bigger fan than me! Those pics are classic. My mom is a quilter and we've been designing a new quilt for me. I want a tree in the center. I'm using the tree symbol on the shields, armor and flags of Gondor. But I've never hunted down the cast! Dominic was great in Lost too!

Sorry you can't sleep Sarah. Being on your computer won't help though. I like Allie's ideas.

Haha true but I'm hoping the bright light will make me tired, I tend to listen to music on my laptop which sometimes sends me off. Might do it again :/

Hearty, were you a Lost fan? That's another thing I was quite obsessed with! :cry: that it's over.

I LOVE your quilt idea. :) That's awesome that your mom is quilter. You'll have to post a pic when it's done.

Okay Alex is bugging me to get off of BnB so I'm going to go spend some time with him.

I hope you get some sleep Sequeena.

:hugs:

Bye Allie! Yes I was a huge Lost fan. I netflixed them so watched them obsessively for a couple of months. We can talk about that show another time!

Allie you are so friggin cute!!! lol! and I love your engagement ring.

Thanks for all the story sharing. It's so nice to read about those special moments. It gives a good feeling :)

Sarah, hope you manage to get some sleep!

I can't wait for Nato to test again, but there is no way I will be able to wait up either....

I know Mel. It is wishful thinking that I'll stay up but I can't wait to find out!

Hey girls (and Heart!! saw you mentioned me) I have been reading trying to catch up. Beautiful stories: romantic, funny, brilliant and OMG lol. I dont think there is a wrong way to propose as long as its not a fake proposal.

Chris bought me tickets to see Les Miserables for my 30th. He bought them for the West End in London. Paid out for a 5* hotel. He picked up my engagement ring (unbeknown to me) the day before my birthday. London was a week later. He was going to propose in London. But he got so nervous that he proposed the day before my birthday...I went for a nap and he said he had a present. H Samuels bag....oooohhhhhh Big box in bag.......oooohhhhh Ring box inside....ohhhhhhhh (still no idea he was going to propose - dumb me lol) Opened the box and started saying really loudly....OH NOOOOO! I mean, yes. No I mean no....he was like I dont have too...I was like nooooo. But yes.....:haha: Then I had a beautiful proposal while I was naked in bed and he was naked by the side of the bed :haha: Couldnt have been more perfect. We had been together 5 months! I wouldnt marry him till he was 20 (please dont frown lol) We have been married 1 year and almost 3 months. HAPPY HAPPY!!!!!

I hope you get the proposal that suits what your relationship desires. There is no right or wrong, as long as you love it.

Megg, you could do me a banner. Maybe about continuing to try but with 6 beautiful angels by my side. I love reds, pinks, royal blues...and emerald green.

Still loving the idea of kinky clothing and rocking boots!!!! Think Chris is gonna see me in my sexy ann summers wear this week ;-) LOL

Still waiting up for Nato!!!

:hugs:

Great story CJ!! You are right. No matter how it is done, it will always be perfect. Your man is so young! My husband is old enough to be your husband's father LOL! Mine's 41!

Awww CJ that is soooo cute!

So what's everyone's age difference with their partner? I'm 21 and Sean is 26 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->