Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

I'll be 36 in 10 days (eeek!) and Tim is 41. So a 5 1/2 year difference for us.

Chris is the biggest romantic I have ever known. Reading it back sounds like a cheesy novel....but this is what I have had since being with him.

I am 33 and Chris is 21. Almost 12 years :blush:

12 years is nothing, no need to be embarrassed!

My mum and ex step father - well I won't go into detail :growlmad: - had a 20 year difference (him being older)

Hey CJ should be in bed too we live in the same country :lol:

Sarah - quit trying to get CJ in trouble too! lol! you have to be up very soon silly!

I am going to be 29 in a couple months, and Gord turned 35 this summer...so there is about 6.5 years between us.

Well, I managed to stay off the thread for a few hours. :blush: Alex and I are cozied up on the couch watching TV.

I'm 26 and DH is 29. There's nothing wrong with an age difference at all in my opinion. If you connect, age is just a number.

CJ, cute story! You're going to stay up for Nato?!?! You are tougher than I am haha.

Thanks, Mel. :hugs:

Sarah, I'm hoping the music helped you nod off.

Hearty, yes, we will have to talk about Lost sometime. :) I am curious now though if you liked the ending since fans are so split on it? I loved it, thought it was just beautiful, but as I was really into the mystery I thought some of the answers were a cop out. But I forgave them because of the touching ending, which I think was their idea.

Mel I was wondering what your man's name was!

Yeah Sarah, stop telling CJ to go to bed. You should be in bed!

CJ you really should be in bed too! How are either of you going to wake up for nato's test?

It's only 7:30 pm for me. Haven't even eaten dinner yet!

Oh yeah I meant to say that my mom and step father were 12 years apart. They were soul mates. He was a lovely man and he was pretty much my father. Age didn't mean anything to them.

Allie I was torn about the ending. I guess I didnt completely understand it. I had a theory from the beginning of the first season that the whole show was actually them dead. But I wasn't sure if that's what the last episode was telling us. I didn't hate it but I was confused by it.

Totally going to get going on the banners soon! :) Yay! Stuff to do!

The LOTR talk had me giggling... I'd never seen them before, but I quit my job (publicly in a newspaper) to go to the LOTR Trilogy Tuesday in Springfield IL. I let word get around the threatre that I'd quit a job to go, so the paper talked to me about it and wrote it in the article... That's how I officially quit! :haha: It was SO worth it!

Wow you saw the trilogy in one day at a theater? Awesome! Also awesome you quit your job that way. You are such a badass!

yes, OH actually does have a name, lol! sometimes he gets called something else, other then Gord :)

LOL @ Mel. :) And Megg! What an awesome way to quit your job!

Okay, so I have got to share what just happened to me. I have to tell someone!! I have just received the most shocking news. I'll preface this by saying that I'm an only child. My parents have been together since I was born and still are. I just got a phone call from my dad telling me that I have a SISTER!!!!! And she's trying to contact him. When he was 29, 3 years before I was born, and he was on a break with my mom, he got a woman pregnant. He knew this and never told me because when my dad decided to get back together with my mom (she had just lost a son-my brother, with a different dad-who died before I was born in an accident at his friend's house) and help look after her in the wake of my brother's death, etc. Anyways this woman decided to disappear and not tell my dad. And now his daughter (my sister?) wanted to find her dad, so her mom called my dad, and, yeah....in shock right now!

Whoa! That's about all I can muster! That is heavy Allie! How are you with this news? Do you even know how you feel about it yet? Wow!

I'm in shock! My dad told me her name and I looked on facebook but there are so many I can't tell. Weird. She wants to contact me apparently, so that's cool. But I guess I am just in shock. One thing I'm grateful for is that my mom knew this whole time. I wish they had told me, but with no way to contact her I suppose there was no reason.

That must have been so hard for them to keep from you. I imagine they must feel some sense of relief now that you know. It will be strange to talk to her. I can't even begin to imagine. The only thing close is that my brother and sister are adopted. My sister sought out her bio mom. She found out she had a half brother as well. They keep in touch but they aren't super close. Your experience is different though. I bet you have lots of questions right now. It will be strange if she looks like you!

I'm watching law and order right now. Desmond from Lost is on it. So nice to see him again!

Thanks hearty. :hugs: You're very insightful. I want to call my best friend soooo badly right now but she lives in the UK (when we moved there she never left) and she's still asleep. Alex didn't really know what to say and now he's sleeping next to me. I think I'm going to go sleep myself. No point staring at people on Facebook going 'Is she my sister?'

Woo, Desmond! I love him. His storylines with Penny always made me bawl.

Good night!

I hope to wake up to a BFP from Nato.

Good night honey. Looking forward to hearing more. Indeed a BFP from Nato in the morning will be a lovely thing to wake up to. Until tomorrow....

Wow you girls had a chatty night!!
Allie wow! Thats some news...I hope you get to meet your sister things like this are so sureal!!!
Loved all the romantic stories, proposals! I got proposed to in bed right after sex! He took my hand and placed the ring on my finger, it was so funny! When my dad asked us how he proposed we didnt really know what to say lol!!!!

Wow you saw the trilogy in one day at a theater? Awesome! Also awesome you quit your job that way. You are such a badass!

I did! The EXTENDED versions. It was right before the release of ROTK... We started early that day, and then ROTK started at about 10pm! Such a long day, but really amazing!

LOL @ Mel. :) And Megg! What an awesome way to quit your job!

Okay, so I have got to share what just happened to me. I have to tell someone!! I have just received the most shocking news. I'll preface this by saying that I'm an only child. My parents have been together since I was born and still are. I just got a phone call from my dad telling me that I have a SISTER!!!!! And she's trying to contact him. When he was 29, 3 years before I was born, and he was on a break with my mom, he got a woman pregnant. He knew this and never told me because when my dad decided to get back together with my mom (she had just lost a son-my brother, with a different dad-who died before I was born in an accident at his friend's house) and help look after her in the wake of my brother's death, etc. Anyways this woman decided to disappear and not tell my dad. And now his daughter (my sister?) wanted to find her dad, so her mom called my dad, and, yeah....in shock right now!

Holy crap!!! Wow! I wish I had something more insightful... but wow! That's craziness!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->