Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Those stories are so lovely CJ I'm glad you got to speak to your dad before he passed away and that he bought you and Chris together I think thats wonderful.

Allie I really hope things go well with your sister it must be scary but exicting.

So to my story of how we met its a bit of a long one as well I was in my final year of university had just completed my final teaching practice and was finally starting to relax has only had a few more essays to write, classes attend and one performance before I completed my final year. I agreed to help a friend with a show were I met Steve and his friend who I got on with really well anyway to cut along story short I got involved with his friend (which was a huge mistake as turned out he was already seeing someone it was a very complicated situation but obviously our relationship didn't continue) although we stayed friends so the three of us used to go out a lot and steve and I became really good friends (talking on the phone, going out to the pub/for food/to watch local bands and spending evenings watching films together) I wasn't interested in a relationship with anyone and he had a lot going on. We got each other through some pretty difficult times his dad has suffered a major heart attack and was in hospital I used to meet him after work at the hospital to go and see his dad then he had to have a triple heart bypass it was a very scary time as he and his brother thought they were going to loss him thankfully he pulled through and he's a totally different man. Then I had some health issues got signed of from work for four months after being diagonosed with pernious annemia (which is a lack of b12 cant absorb it from my food so I have regular injections). I rented a room near where steve lived but used to spend so much of my time at his as he was working a way a lot so I used to look after his cat in the end it made sense for me to move into his spare room which I did. Well what can I say somewhere along the lines we fell into a relationship I dont know how it happened or exactly when but we were such good friends that it just seemed the natural step forward. Well we've been together 6 years this dec and married for just over 2. I truely would of been lost with out him and feel very lucky that I found him love him so much.

I know how hard it can be trying to share something like that Sequeena....with anyone. Never mind someone you are trying to be intimate with. :hugs:

Ok ok, I met Danny in a nightclub! My friend had just been dumped so we decided to go into town and get drunk, he was in the club sitting on a bar stool, I turned to my friend and said I bet he's got a gf, he looked really miserable and like he didn't want to be there! Later that night, I went to the bar and he was there, I said to him "what's up moody?" and we started chatting, he lied and said he was 19, we snogged each other's faces off and I gave him my number, he rung me that night and completely put me off for seeming too keen, we dated for 2 months then I got bored, he was sooo clingly, too young and I didn't want a bf, he was gutted but that was that!

That summer I got back with my ex, I don't know why as he was the most awful man I have ever met, he hit me, slept with my friend, treated me like shit yet I still went back for more! We went on holiday and I cried everyday, he kicked me, spat at me and chatted up other girls, I could not wait to get home, I text Danny from the holiday saying how are you, we should meet up etc he text back saying yeh I miss you, for some reason I couldn't get him out of my head and kept imaging how the holiday would have been if he was there!! When I got home I was soooo low, I didnt actually try to kill myself but I drank a whole bottle of rum and took a whole pack of painkillers, thankfully it just made me very sick! I knew from that moment I needed to get on with my life!

A few months later I text Danny and said I wanted to see him, he said he was sorry but he had a gf, I cried for days, I actually begged him to see me, he said no! A few weeks later my friends dragged me out to a club, the same club me and Danny had met and guess what he was there!! Our eyes meet across the room and I walked straight over to him and he just held his arms out, we cuddled and I swear to god I knew at that moment that we was going to be together forever, I just melted in his arms, I have never felt anything like it! We left the club and spent the weekend at my flat (nothing happened) as they say the rest is history!

He gave me a CD 2 days later with Backstreet Boy's song on "I'll never break your heart" he knew how much I'd been hurt, god I love him sooooo much!!

Sorry it's sooooooo long I got carried away!xxx

Aww, Lucy, that is so sweet. You were so wonderful to stand by him through the tough time with his father. I think your relationship is all the more stronger as it was born out of a friendship; they say that's the best way to get involved with someone! You guys are such a cute couple. :)

I know how hard it can be trying to share something like that Sequeena....with anyone. Never mind someone you are trying to be intimate with. :hugs:

Ah yes... and that came about because I was drunk :lol: I should learn NOT to drink. I've never gone into detail about it with him though as I can't quite bring myself to.

:haha: :haha: Sequeena!!! I was a catholic posh chav. Now I more of a spiritual slightly posh with bit of chav thrown in :haha:

Lucy what a BEAUTIFUL story!!! Loved reading that. x

Aww, Sassy, that is also such a sweet story!! I'm so sorry you were in an abusive relationship :growlmad: but so happy you got out of it and ended up with Danny. I really felt for you hearing about that holiday you went on. You are such a strong woman, Sassy! Danny seems like such a sweetheart. I actually think it's pretty neat that you broke it off and still ended up together in the end. Further evidence it was meant to be.

I had to laugh at your snogging his face off at the nightclub. I've done that in the past and always wondered if anything ever came of those types of rendevous! In your case it worked out. :)

Ah yes... and that came about because I was drunk :lol: I should learn NOT to drink. I've never gone into detail about it with him though as I can't quite bring myself to.

I've never really gone into detail. I think it would be too hard on Chris or any man. Some things we just have to burden ourselves. Chris has always been incredibly supportive though. Always amazed me cause of how young he was / is.

And yes...drink is the root of all evil....but sometimes you just cant help but give in :haha:

I managed to miss a whole page!! Hearty thank you steve is a keeper I am very lucky and he will make the most amazing dad I've alway know that about him one of things I love about him. A secert relationship how exicting you and tim were obviously meant to be together.

CJ I went to a convent school as well.

Sassy it sounds like you had a really rough time and were treated so badly which made me feel sad hate that you went through that but so happy that you found danny and he has treated you well.

Sassy your story brought a tear to my eye. Heart warming, tearful and romantic!!!

Lucy how was your experience in a catholic school?? I nearly called you jucy then haha

Oh the holiday was actually tame for things he was capable of, he bit my face in a club one night, I have the scars to prove it! He got his brother to push me in front of a car, he slept with my best friend, and did things I could never even repeat, he is the scum of the earth and guess what? he wrote me a FB msg just after I got married saying how much he loved me and that he could never be happy without me in his life, he said divorce Danny I want you back, no F'ING chance!!!!!!!

hee hee I used to get called juciy all the time by a friend of mine. It was good actually I wasnt catholic but they would take a small percentage of children who were church of england from the local area. My primary school was great I loved it the teachers including the nuns were fab if a little scary but when I moved to the secondary I hated it was all girls where as the primary part was mixed I got bullied quite badly and the teachers were awful and just didnt care so in the end my parents moved me to the local grammar school when I was 13 which was a good thing girls can be very bitchy. How was your experience?

Luce, i get called Lucy Lastic, Lucifer and LuLo (cos of my married name)

Do you ever play the turned a different corner game? My husband and i met in a nightclub, and SO many things could have turned out differently and we would never have met - i was going out with 2 male friends and a) i didnt want to go out b) i wanted to go to Old Street, they wanted to go to Kings Cross, and i usually get my own way but for some reason went along with what they wanted. It was 4am and John walked in, and i spotted him within seconds, he was surrounded by girls and i was surrounded by boys, and he walked over and asked if any of them were my bf. I asked him if any of the girls were his gf - and we spent the rest of the night together. We then spent the whole weekend together. I was 32 at the time, and he told me he was 24 but he was 22.

Sassy, your story is similar to mine - nightclub and age lying - and i had a month before split up from a physically and emotionally abusive ex.

Thanks for the condolences though everyone. Im feeling ok after a bit of a ropey morning today. I know its only early, but this month its my due date (10/10/10) so im a bit anxious anyway - also, i thought this month would be so perfect for that reason, plus a June baby (like me ....and all my family are summer birthdays), i could finish my course in June and do the 2nd year while on maternity leave - i just NEED bfp this month. Yesterday it felt like all my christmas's had come at once.

eugh.

Sorry your story is similar but sooo glad your mates made you go out and you met your hot Hubby.xxx

Its amazing when you think about the what if factor like sliding doors. Steve and I worked out that there were so many times are paths could of crossed thorugh out my time at university we went to the same pubs/club ect he knew a friend of mine at uni but it took me helping a friend out for us to meet.

I so hope you get your bfp this month I didnt realise your due date was the 10/10/10 mine is the 8/10/10. Steve and I are going away on thurday night going to my parents as I said I didnt want to be in devon on our due date (although I know how lucky I am to be pregnant again) I needed to be away so we're having time with my mum and dad (as my mum will have just come out of hospital she's having a knee op on tues) then we're going to london on sat for the weekend then coming back here on monday. I will be thinking of you on sunday. Keeping everything crossed for you. :hugs:

I was meant to go to Uni not start work. I wouldn't have met Sean if I'd gone though I would have an awesome degree in Egyptology by now :rolleyes: :rofl:

If I'd been my usual self and kept my grudges I could never have forgiven Sean and we wouldn't have got together... and I truly think the second night we went out to say farewell to our friend that was the turning point.

Nato...it was obviously meant to be!!!

LucyJ My experience was identical. Primary school was lovely. But secondary the girls were class A bitches and the teachers bullied me just as much! Was awful. My foster parents didnt give a shit so I couldnt talk to them, very alone.

CJ I am so sorry to hear that you were alone I wish we'd been at the same school we could of looked after each other. :hugs:

It took me a long time to tell my parents but they knew something was up and eventually got it out of me, I was lucky in respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->