Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

I know, you can just tell from that post how low she is, it was hard to read I hope the doc helps her.xxx

Hard to read but very honest and getting things out there can help with getting better. Hope you stick around hun as we are all here for you to talk to and support you xx

Megg thanks for letting us know about sarah I have read her journal it was hard reading I really hope the dr's can help and she can come through this I'm sure she will. I know we will all be there for her for whatever she needs.

Allie I am so pleased that you have a dr that is listening to you and doing something that is great news good luck for your tests/results try not to worry about it.

:hugs:

Allie - I'm so glad your doc is taking you seriously, I had a problem with high prolactin levels when I was ttc my DS, i was leaking milk it was very embarrassing. I was referred to a consultant but then found I was pregnant before I got the appointment, so cancelled it. I wish I hadn't as it took me another 8 years before i was finally diagnosed with pcos with a private FS. I had no idea at the time that they could be related.

Vic - I'm looking forward to your status change next month :)....oh! and I hope you've ditched those ciggies for good Mrs.....don't make me come over there to Greece, ya know with the lovely sunshine and gorgeous surroundings....just to tell you off!!! It would interrupt my sunbathing lol!

Sequeena - honey :hugs: I've posted in you journal, I'm thinking of you x

So far ill be expecting Hearty, Nato and Sparkly in the coming month to pry the ciggies from my hands lol!!!! I havent smoked at all since last night,i think ill manage to stay clean although the last week before my 22 week scan will be difficult....

dont tempt me Vic. I will be there faster than a speeding bullet

this prolactin thing, i was a bit worried about that as last month i had a bit of what you had sparkly - and i have had it on and off for years but only recently twigged that i should be concerned. Im gonna mention it to my dr

nato - Yes do that honey it can prevent you from getting pregnant, It took me 2 years to fall with my DS because of it! get a blood test chick, sometimes it can happen when you have recently been preggie.

Right you can add me to the list as well vicky I'll join the trip to keep those ciggies out of your reach.

a lady I work with told me that her daughter in law's doctor actually told her she could still smoke while pregnant! I was shocked! her son tried to stop her from smoking though, but all he could get her to do was only 3 smokes a day. he gave them to her, so she couldn't take them herself. I just couldn't believe a doctor would actually say that though.

Some have been known to say that the stress of quitting is worse than just smoking! I don't like some doctors very much.

A friend of mine was told the same, she had PCOS and didnt have many periods as well as being told she wasnt going to be able to conceive nautrally so thought nothing about her lack of AF for a few months (she also always used protection). A trip to the doctor for something revealed she was pregnant and already well into her 2nd tri, they said the stress and side effects from quitting were going to do more harm then good and the damage may already have been done so to cut down rather then quit.

Most doctors actually say cut down rather than quit. However its actually easier to quit than to cut down in practice. My doc also agrees that i should be relaxed and if that means smoking a few so be it.

I think I read as well that the damage is all done in the first trimester

Actually with smoking the damage is done after the fifth month as the one thing it has been proven to cause is ageing of the placenta

oh really? ok, you need to stop smoking before the 5th month! Please:sad1: (that's as close to a puppy dog look i can get)

I have stopped!!!!! Ive just had a few setbacks.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->