Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

ok, no more set backs!! baby is a fighter and will do great for the duration...i'm so sure of it that i am going to say i promise you :hugs:

I'm not going to preach. I honestly believe that a single cig here or there is probably better than massive amounts of stress. I don't like people smoking whilst pregnant, and I don't encourage it. But, I believe the stat says something like there is no evidence that less than 3 cigarettes per day does much if any damage. So, that's my official opinion. I'll admit, I have to smoke 1 off and on to deal with panic attacks when I don't have Xanax. If I'm in a full-blown panic attack, the only thing that will bring me down immediately is a cigarette... and I'm not a smoker.

Megg your post made me feel a whole lot better!!

Good, Vick! :hugs: No reason to sensationalize the logical risk behind it. And I'll never apologize for the ones I have here and there... When I've panicked whilst driving, I can guarantee that a cigarette has saved my life!

Good job not smoking today, Vicky. My mom smoked the whole time she was pregnant with me. I was 4 weeks early and underweight, but perfectly healthy. I have no idea if the two are related.

Wow, Sarah's situation is so sad. Nato, I thought you posted a super useful post to her and I hope she read it. I hope she gets the help she needs. :(

I can't believe I forgot to mention this but I'm taking the Foreign Service Officer Test today! It's a 3 hour test taken prior to employment with the US Dept of State. I'm getting nervous but I didnt' study much so I'm not that optimistic. If I fail it, I can take it again. So I'm seeing this as a practice run.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm not stressing too much right now, have so many other things on my mind, but yeah, the prolactin thing is quite annoying. I haven't had leaking breasts or anything, though. He said it was just barely out of range.

I'm also driving 15 hours tomorrow to Colorado for the weekend. We're getting some of our stuff out of storage and seeing friends. So, it's a crazy week for me with nothing to do with ttc.

Have a good day girlies!

Hey to all my faves girls,

Vicky - Please add me to the list aswell! Please please don't smoke anymore, you really have to start believing that everything's going to be alright. Think of your gorgeous little girls next time you go to light up.xxx

Have a lovely weekend Allie, it's always nice to have a little break, I love going on a road trip, although for us that's about 3 hours not quite sure how I'd cope with 15 hours!xx

Allie good luck with your test, I hope you pass so you don't have to re-sit.xxx

Good luck today Allie!!

I'm only 9dpo today but did another IC this morning because I may as well use the shitty things up! another evap. I think I'm sticking to FF from now on.

P1050500.jpg

Yogi that looks pink to me! Pee on a FF right now pleeeeeaaaassssseeeeeeee.xxx

2 wrongs might make a right yogi, get thee to a frer

this could be exciting.

I love free freds and I hate them all at the same time...BFN :cry:

hang in there Yogi, it might be too early yet....When is AF actually due? in a few more days, maybe we will see a BFP on a free fred :)

big hug yogi

you are only 9dpo - loads of time yet, but i know (and everyone on here knows) that disappointment all too well

the bfn doesnt mean much at this dpox

Boo yogi that's rubbish!

Crappy IC should be banned!!xxx

thanks everyone :hugs:

ugh i hate this feeling

Hi ladies. I haven't had a chance to write today. I did read Sarah's journal and I'm very concerned. I didn't see if she ever wrote back after saying she was vomiting. Nato, I'm glad you were able to offer resources. As a therapist, I feel helpless as I don't know the resources in England. Also, CJ, your post was so honest and amazing. Your offer to reach out to Sarah privately was amazing. I hope she follows up on some of the help and advice offered.

Yogi, I did see a pink line on the IC. I'm sorry the free fred didn't give you a line. Damn it! I didn't get any lines until 15dpo, so obviously it is still early. I hate ICs now. False hope is the worst kind of hope.

Vicky, my step-father was one of the most amazing pediatricians I ever knew. He was from Spain and had a different approach to pregnancy than most doctors in the US. He believed in things in moderation. If he were still alive, I'd ask him his opinion about the ciggies, but I'm sure he would have said a few aren't going to hurt the baby. He used to encourage the pregnant women coming to his practice to have wine every so often. That is unheard of in the US! He never once got sued for malpractice. I think what's more important is that you try to manage your stress. Do you have any other things that help to manage stress? Whatever it is for you, you need to do in abundance for the next month.

Not much to report here. Off to have a late lunch.

xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->