Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Just got back from voting. God I can't wait until Arnold Scwartzenegger leaves office as Governer of California. What a joke!

Sorry I wasn't around all day. My agency did a staff appreciation day today. We went to wine country and did some excellent wine tasting. It was a little annoying watching my boss abstain because of her bump. But I just ignored her and drank a good amount. Not a bad Tuesday!

I'm going to go back and read now. Hope you all are doing ok.

That sounds like a great day, Hearty!

I was pretty sure you guys were liberal. :thumbup:

Megg I had one for everyone! :wine:

Nato good luck tomorrow at the docs. I hope you have a positive test so you don't even have to ask for a lap and dye. I can totally relate to forgetting that there is a baby at the end of all this. It is easy to get wrapped up in the details.

Allie I'm happy to hear both you and Alex are open to counseling. In light of all that is going on in your life I think it can be very helpful. I agree with Nato about music. I was trained in music therapy and there is a lot of evidence that it is therapeutic. So are hot tubs!

Sugar well done on all the bd'ing. Your husband is a champ. Mine wouldn't last that many days in a row. I hope it did the trick.

Where's yogi? Haven't heard from her in a while.

Do we have anyone testing soon? We need to fill this disco thread with BFP's!

Yeah it was pretty obvious to me Allie about you and Meggles.

By the way Megg, I forgot to say how bummed I am to hear about your sex life. Do they have to take ALL of the fun out of making a baby?

Yeah it was pretty obvious to me Allie about you and Meggles.

By the way Megg, I forgot to say how bummed I am to hear about your sex life. Do they have to take ALL of the fun out of making a baby?

I think they DO have to take all the fun out of it. I mean, I guess I COULD have sex now... but I'd need plastic sheets! :( And, ew.

I'm with you on the ew factor. Tim and I have had a rule that during AF we take a break. Honestly I enjoy the time off usually!

I'd enjoy it if it hadn't already been almost a month! But, I have to say that the bleeding has unexpected slowed WAY down tonight. Maybe she's on her way out and I can get back to :sex: as usual?

Lovely to see the new tickers Sass and Vic :happydance: Gorgeous scan piccy too Sassy!

Nato - Don't forget I'm on clomid and progesterone cream, both raise my temps...I'm trying not to read too much into it for that reason. Omg at the piccie of your old pee place......we gutted a house once and I remember sitting on the loo upstairs and asking everyone to leave the kitchen so I could get some privacy, as there was a big hole in the floor :haha: We lived like tramps for around a year, the place was a tip, but we did make £100,000 on it so I can't really complain!

Meg - I hope you AF slows down soon for you hun, tell Kevin to bring a hammer and chisel when you next BD :rofl:

Hearty - I am testing every day atm, it's too early of course as I'm only 9dpo, and all I'm getting is BFN's......but I've started it now......I have to continue :dohh:

Totally with you on not doing it during AF. The thought makes me feel really sick. My friend calls it 'towel down' sex *shudder*

I feel marginally better this morning after crying myself to sleep. I think the due date looming (tomorrow) has just got on top of me and I'm letting other things which may not usually piss me off make me completely mental. I feel so guilty for being happy about this pregnancy because of the two others I miss so much, but then I feel guilty when I miss them too much because it's not fair on the healthy baby managing to grow inside me. Gah.

:hugs: Hugs cesca, I didn't realise our due dates were so close together, mine is Friday :cry: and I am feeling down about it, and have shed some tears over the last few days. My bff sent me a lovely text offering loads of support :cry: i really appreciated it but it did make me howl!

Everyone else has forgotton mine unfortunately, I think my husband had forgotton too until I was crying about it last night. My next one is December 12th too which will be a struggle as that MC was more traumatic.

My DH hasn't forgotten, he is even refusing to work on Friday, we are planning on going out for the day. Even my DS remembered which I didn't expect, I think as it's bonfire night it lodges in the mind a bit more. Noone else has remembered though...I don't really expect them to.

That's sweet you're both off work. What are you doing for the day? I have to work, boo. But I have my midwife appointment then coffee with a friend so should take my mind off it a bit.

We are all close with our losses then as my due date is 6th Nov, i have mixed feelings as i am happy to be pregnant again but its still so early and unsure.

Hi you lot,

Just got back from the drs, she was lovely, prob because by her own admission, this isn’t her field. So I took advantage and got her to book me in for every hormone test there is going after the other dr said I didn’t need them. This dr was very compliant.

I’ve got FSH, prolactin, LH, oestradiol and B12 booked now for day 3-7. Stupid af still hasnt arrived but hopefully will have the results by end of next week

Then I have to wait 5 days for the results and go back and see the other dr who is the expert to discuss the results, then she may book me for an ultrasound first, then refer me for HSG.

Again, the dr said there was nothing to suggest it wouldn’t happen naturally and that my cycles are still ok and I am ovulating. Lets see what these tests say.

Am at work so cant read everyone’s posts, hope y’all are good xx

I am being naughty and reading while I am supposed to be working.

Luce, I love that story about your brother and Jerry. I think how stupid they are is sweet. My dad caught a mole when I was about 6 and put it in a shoe box and bought it in to show me, and the shoe box was demolished and the mole running round our living room in about 23 seconds.

I had a bat in my living room once too, my mum sent me in to deal with it as I was supposed to be a biologist, but I humiliated myself by screaming and jumping on the coffee table when it moved. I can make a radio tracking device, but apparently I can’t put the tracking device on the animal without freaking out.

Cesca, oo, yes, if he does that with the baby (not that a) the baby will scratch you or b) beg for grated cheese) then that’s a problem. Applying fair and consistent boundaries and both being consistent is what’s necessary. He might need to be seated in front of Supernanny for illustration. Not fair if 1 parent is the fun one and 1 is the disciplinarian. Your due date coming up is a license to stop the cat having scraps. It’s such a difficult time, and you should be say on a lilypad being worshipped in my opinion. It is good to keep a handle on it, but you are still grieving and you are still allowed to grieve.

Mel, your cat does sound very fat. Your oh is a feeder.

Hi CJ – you are right, we are living on the edge of the precipice. Any one of us could fall over the edge at any one time. We need to form a human safety net in case one of use slips over unnoticed. OooooOOOOOooo glad its not just me with a toyboy husband. I hear what you are saying though. If it helps, I have read that statistically, older women / younger men marriages are most likely to work. My husband was 22 when I met him and I was 32, and now I am nearly 40, he still feels the same. I’m sorry you feel the same though, its so much extra pressure, but if we are honest, its ourselves applying the pressure. Good luck with those results.

Mel, ignore him he knows nothing. Young boys do have to establish their identity as male by separating from girls and saying they have cooties, but its only girls in their peers. Little boys are often much closer to their mums. Lets see who has cooties now.

Allis, the music thing wasn’t my idea, I read it on the interweb, but lets pretend it was. I always listen to music if I need to sort my moods out. Watch out for the hot hub in the 2ww though Allie, it’s not a good idea to use it at that time. Sauna’s are ok, but hot tub time machines are not. Has your mum had any more testing since she went on the meds to establish how they are working?

Sugar, that’s weird you mentioned the chemical brothers, I just downloaded some of their music a couple of days ago. They are making a comeback, the whole of the 90’s is. Mark my words. The cargo pants are already sneaking back into Grazia. You need a sit down after all that bding.

I don’t know anyone who isn’t liberal. Apart from people I end up arguing with.

Temps down, but still no af, which makes me think that FF got my ov date wrong which I suspected all along. I think I ovd on 14, and will have a 14 day LP. Like I am textbook or somert. If I get af tomorrow, that’s what I will be pretending happened.

Woo hoo at sparkly testing already. Adda girl. I can stand here wagging my finger saying 9dpo is too early and you are a very very bad girl. I have to admit, I was testing early in the hope my due date would bring a bfp in October, and it hit me very hard when it didn’t. It’s a constant balancing act of optimism and not getting hopes up too much. If you want to post about how you are feeling, we are here for you xx

Hugs to you too Razzer x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"