Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

hmm yorkshire puddings

i made some on monday which came out looking like scotch pancakes. i do not know what i am doing wrong

Girls you rude things talking about sex positions!

FYI we do it doggy most of the time. Apologies for tmi, but it seems to be the only position that's deep enough for hubby to you know what! :haha:

Haven't read the article yet as I'm reclining in a lovely bath with my iPhone at my parents hiding from the mouse. My Mum is making me steak and kidney casserole with mash, veg and homemade Yorkshire pud. I could well get used to this :happydance:

Kidney? Like, the organ? :sick:

Megg I'm glad you read it and it riled you up. That's kind of what I was hoping for. This silence is ridiculous! We need to shatter the taboo around it. I like that it is being taken more seriously. I went to the Resolve website last night and had a look around. I'm willing to fight for the cause so that it can get more research for funding and can be more accessible through insurance coverage. If you start anything you have my pledge to help in any way possible. Maybe we could organize a walk like the Komen walk for breast cancer.

Susan G. Komen is based in Peoria! :winkwink: I know more about them than most people ever care to! LOL I think that would be amazing!

I had to close my eyes for half of those posts, that was a clutch of the pearls senario.

I forgot to say before, the dr said this morning it was possible i was getting early positives and then losing the pregnancy, even if i didn't bleed immediately. Which is kind of good to know because it means my tubes are less likely blocked, but its a concern for the state of my eggs

Dazed, you gotta pipe up girl!! I have something similar, for eg i am a bit scared of girls after being badly let down over the years by many female friends. Think you can trust us to be good to ya. The smoking thing, read every page on this website about 30 times:

https://whyquit.com/

on that website, it tells you to enjoy withdrawal because each symptom and craving you get past, takes you a step closer to freedom from smoking and closer to an anxiety-free life without cigs. That really helped me.

CJ, bah at missing the bid. *******os. Can you tell what i wrote there. Sorry for being a thicko, but why are you mad? What was your thyroid reading if you dont mind telling us? Your fsh looks good though. Thats a scary one.

Mel, i noticed 666 and was mad we didnt get it on halloween. Spoilsports

Hearty, thanks for the link, i haven't read it yet cos i am sick of bursting into tears as i have had an emotional few days. Will steel myself then read. My temp has gone down so I'm expecting af tomorrow, if I am pregnant, its hiding itself very damned well.

Just got to meggs post, i KNEW that article would make me cry if i read it.

Re; the silence though, not sure (having not read the article) if this is the right context, but after my mc, i actually told my friends that i was making a point of telling everyone what had happened. And i told them all about the labour i went through, the process, the scan without a heartbeat etc. I remember being really shocked at what was happening to me and how the shock almost helped because the physical nature of the event itself overrode the emotional fallout. But of course that then becomes the focus after the mc, and how long it lasts. I decided to tell everyone because if you ever hear about mc, you just get told in passing, and the extreme nature of what has happened is ignored almost

Exactly! People SHOULD know! I don't think people should be allowed to be ignorant of the plight of their fellow man (or woman). They should be forced to know the way that some of us suffer. There's a long history of people ignoring the plight of others... They think it will go away if they ignore it for long enough. Well, not this time, dammit! Its hard to suffer alone... and its angering that people are willing to do it because they're ashamed.

**shhhh** but I'm a non-profit accountant. I could help Megg.

OMG! You've got to be joking! Really? That's amazing! Is there anything you can tell me? Because I'm 100% serious about trying to get something started! Its time someone did...

I even have a name idea... There was talk about how we hide in the shadows and whatnot, trying to remain anonymous and unseen. I like the sound of "Step Into The Sunlight" aka S.I.T.S. We don't want to be in the spotlight with all attention directed at us... but we do want to be seen like everyone else. Sunlight usually equates to warmth and happiness... I like the feel of it... What do we think?

LOL girls, you lot crack me up!!

Yummy, I really want some yorkshire puds!

I'm all for shower sex, shame I married such a prude, the bedroom is the only place that see's any action in this house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE it Megg!!! A beautiful name for a non-profit!

Nato, the article did not make me cry, it inspired me to know that there are people fighting for the cause. This article is specifically talking about women who have never been pregnant and have to turn to IVF and such in hopes of getting pregnant. However, I feel like it applies to anyone who hasn't been able to carry a baby to term. They discuss the emotional impact it can have on women which is really important. But most importantly, it highlighted how secret this journey still is for many women. They compared it to breast cancer in they 1970's. Now it is talked about all the time, but back then it was taboo. Time to step out into the sunlight and talk about this. I know I do as much as possible, but I want to inspire more women to feel comfortable doing so. This is NOTHING to be ashamed about.

I don't know what Yorkshire pudding is. Tell me more...

Sass, your scan is gorgeous!

I am the senior accountant for the local medical school's foundation. I help to oversee what gets paid, prepare the budget, the financial statements, journal entries ect, ect.

I think the first thing you would have to do is get incorporated and get your 501(c)(3) status (assuming that your donors want to write this stuff off on their taxes).

hearty, there is no one photo that can explain the yorkshire pudding, you need a page pf photos:

https://www.google.co.uk/images?cli...&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1267&bih=628

drool. actual drool.

yeay at the scan photo sassers!! thats incredible

woooow, just look at whats inside of you.

They look yummy! Are they sweet or savory?

Dazed, that is so great what you do! You will be a valuable resource.

They are savory and sooooooooooooooo yummy! I really want roast beef dinner with all the trimmings now!

Hehe I know, seem's weird that a lil baby is in my belly, the most surreal feeling in the world! xxx

I love the sound of the name Megg! And very true, we should not be hidden in the shadows like we shame society! I for one am very tired of going through this alone. Dont know what I would do without you guys!!

I went mental at my surgery because they wouldnt tell me what tests had been done or what the results were...just said normal. Which clearly a borderline thyroid result is not fucking normal! He didnt tell me the figure for that one Nato. Just told me it was a bit high and to retest in 6 weeks. I told them that I have had 5 miscarriages since being a patient at their surgery and that I believe them to have zero duty of care to me as a patient. One GP went...oh well, you are having a miscarriage. The last one he just told me to not worry and I wouldnt miscarry...even though I thought I would...and I did. I just thought their entire response to my wanting to know the results was uncaring. I told the woman if they hadnt have withdrawn me from fertility treatment 18 months ago I would probably have my baby by now... instead of another miscarriage. I am going to pursue a complaint. God why is this bothering me so much today. I feel so down and angry! Maybe I should come back tomorrow when I am in a better mood.

Hearty - I can't believe you don't know what yorkshire pudding is! it's very yummy!

we had a roast the other day, but I never think of making yorkshire puddings with it...I always seem to forget about them.

I love the sound of the name Megg! And very true, we should not be hidden in the shadows like we shame society! I for one am very tired of going through this alone. Dont know what I would do without you guys!!

I went mental at my surgery because they wouldnt tell me what tests had been done or what the results were...just said normal. Which clearly a borderline thyroid result is not fucking normal! He didnt tell me the figure for that one Nato. Just told me it was a bit high and to retest in 6 weeks. I told them that I have had 5 miscarriages since being a patient at their surgery and that I believe them to have zero duty of care to me as a patient. One GP went...oh well, you are having a miscarriage. The last one he just told me to not worry and I wouldnt miscarry...even though I thought I would...and I did. I just thought their entire response to my wanting to know the results was uncaring. I told the woman if they hadnt have withdrawn me from fertility treatment 18 months ago I would probably have my baby by now... instead of another miscarriage. I am going to pursue a complaint. God why is this bothering me so much today. I feel so down and angry! Maybe I should come back tomorrow when I am in a better mood.

yes, i dont blame you. I see what you mean. I was reading about thyroid today cos i got my TSH back at 1.9, and the 'normal' range is up tp 5.5, but from wat i read, anything over 1.9 can indicate autoimmune something - so thats well within the normal range but demonstrates how unreliable and wide the ranges are

you have a right to access your medical records - legally.

hearty - yorkshire puddings are the BEST with gravy.

:haha: that is funny Nato.....I just seem to think of quick and easy things to make, especially during the week....on weekends I will make something that takes more time since I don't work then......I actually only started liking roasts as well. I used to find them too dry for me to eat, but if they are done in the slow cooker, then they are perfect!

OMG roast are the best dinner ever!

I have 4 yorkshires on my dinner.xx

Mmmm. Even I know what yourkshire pudding is. My mom makes it whenever we have prime rib.
**I'm drooling now**

why can mums make them properly and i cant.

Maybe i will get pregnant when i stop making yorkshire puddings that look like scotch pancakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->