Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

CJ, did they test you for thyroid antibodies? That's something that I was just tested for (at my insistence) as my thyroid was 3.1 on a scale up to 5.5. A bit high for my liking, but I won't get he anitbody results until my appt Friday. But, apparently on the higher end of normal TSH, if you have thyroid antibodies it can affect fertility and mc. Good luck and I hope your GP gives you a more detailed response!

I hate yorkshire puddings, which is weird as I love pancakes and it's exactly the same ingredients.

However, I go for a roast dinner every sunday at my husband's parents and I can't do without it now.

Cesca phew you hate yorkshire pudding too! I thought i would be stoned for saying that here lol! I just think they are soooo bland unless you drown them in gravy!

OMG Cesa, no way you can't hate yorkshires that's not even possible! I thought everyone LOVED them!xxx

Can't wait for Xmas dinner this year, although having major sulks I can't have prawn cocktail for starter as its my fave!xxx

what does everyone else have for starter??

On the 'whats normal' range, i asked my dr today what my FSH should be and she said 'it has to be read in context', a higher value might not be an issue (to me, the context of not getting pregnant means high fsh would be an issue)

having 'borderline' thyroid and recurrent mc is placing context on that reading - i agree CJ, they should be looking at the borderline reading - espec if that reading is the wider 'borderline' ie 5 or above. If they are using 2 or above as borderline then i can see the value in waiting until retest

they should tell you your results.

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1309.aspx?categoryid=68&subcategoryid=160

LOL Vicky, I must admit they don't taste the same unless they have loadsa gravy on them!xx

I am the senior accountant for the local medical school's foundation. I help to oversee what gets paid, prepare the budget, the financial statements, journal entries ect, ect.

I think the first thing you would have to do is get incorporated and get your 501(c)(3) status (assuming that your donors want to write this stuff off on their taxes).

You do good work, hun! :thumbup: I'll look in to that. Thanks! :hugs:

I love the sound of the name Megg! And very true, we should not be hidden in the shadows like we shame society! I for one am very tired of going through this alone. Dont know what I would do without you guys!!

I went mental at my surgery because they wouldnt tell me what tests had been done or what the results were...just said normal. Which clearly a borderline thyroid result is not fucking normal! He didnt tell me the figure for that one Nato. Just told me it was a bit high and to retest in 6 weeks. I told them that I have had 5 miscarriages since being a patient at their surgery and that I believe them to have zero duty of care to me as a patient. One GP went...oh well, you are having a miscarriage. The last one he just told me to not worry and I wouldnt miscarry...even though I thought I would...and I did. I just thought their entire response to my wanting to know the results was uncaring. I told the woman if they hadnt have withdrawn me from fertility treatment 18 months ago I would probably have my baby by now... instead of another miscarriage. I am going to pursue a complaint. God why is this bothering me so much today. I feel so down and angry! Maybe I should come back tomorrow when I am in a better mood.

You have every right to be angry and upset... Its unfair when the health care system fails us! :hugs:

Hearty - I can't believe you don't know what yorkshire pudding is! it's very yummy!

we had a roast the other day, but I never think of making yorkshire puddings with it...I always seem to forget about them.

I don't really know what it is either! :(

Megg, this isn't exactly the acticle you want to read, but it does prove that they are aware that something needs to be done in Copenhagen.
https://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101029/hl_nm/us_therapy_miscarriage

I just think they are soooo bland unless you drown them in gravy!

thats half the fun. but some people can make proper good ones, like my BIL's sister. They arent your average

i just like anything that will make my arse big, quite frankly

I'm with you there Nato, why does all the naughty foods taste so much better.xxx

i just ate a Lindt chocolate bunny. A medium sized one - i had to force the last bit

and its not even easter

My family doesn't do starters for Christmas Day! I didn't even know other people did until I went to my husband's family for christmas a couple of years ago!

Although we do fill up on pigs in blankets so that may work as a starter.

Megg, I can't believe you don't know what they are either......:nope:

My TSH was over 2 but under 3 both times its been checked, and everyone seems okay with it. They did have me start taking supplements to help balance it a little better. That being said, I took them for several months, and it didn't seem to do much good according to my blood tests again. So, I don't know what to make of it. My FS isn't concerned about it, so I suppose I don't need to pay it too much mind? I dunno... He said all my blood work looked really good. :shrug:

OMG I love Lindt chocolate it's my all time fave, I have a Kitkat Chunky, Galaxy Ripple, Mint Aero and massive Dairy milk crunchie, yummy I think I can face all of that even though I didn't eat my dinner, lol!xxxxxxxx

oh Nato....you are making me drool!! Lindt chocolate balls are my favorite melt in your mouth chocolate, and now I want some!!!

My family doesn't do starters for Christmas Day! I didn't even know other people did until I went to my husband's family for christmas a couple of years ago!

Although we do fill up on pigs in blankets so that may work as a starter.

Really? Maybe just greedy people have starters!! We have pigs in blankets with our dinner, and before our real starter we have cheese wrapped in bacon! No one can move after dinner as we eat sooooooooo much! :haha:

Oh my god I want chocolate so bad. It's all I think about at the moment. You are torturing me nato.

oh Nato....you are making me drool!! Lindt chocolate balls are my favorite melt in your mouth chocolate, and now I want some!!!

I like the white chocolate one, sooo delicious!x

Megg, this isn't exactly the acticle you want to read, but it does prove that they are aware that something needs to be done in Copenhagen.
https://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101029/hl_nm/us_therapy_miscarriage

That wasn't so bad. The only blood thinner I'm using is baby aspirin, and they want me on it at least while I'm on BCP, because BCP come with a higher risk of blood clots. I don't know if they have me keep taking them after the BCP is done or not. :shrug: I'm just glad they're looking further into things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->