Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Don't let me look directly at it, i'm like the medusa of evaps.

Hi Luce, she sounds lovely. You have to wait for a bit anyway for your appointment, but i think thats great you will have a head start for the appointment and the fs should be able to progress things much quicker. Well done you.

Yeah, it's at the same company! It's a defense-related company that has everything form research and development to production and other stuff. If he takes the job he will be an instructor for air defense systems. I applied for a job as a process engineer for a laboratory using new materials for use on fighter jets and helicopters. Not my dream job, but it would be cool to live in a better part of Norway, closer to Oslo, and afford to have that 5 bedroom house I've been dreaming of:) Plus, it doesn't have to be forever...just long enough for him to get some work experience and then we can come back here and I can most likely get my old job back. Something to think about at least...

thanks for humoring me by looking at these lines. :)
Time to watch some Mad Men. Freaking love that show!

Enjoy Mad Men. I'm all caught up to date. Such a good show! I really hope you have a BFP brewing.

Lucy, I somehow missed your post until I saw Nato's response. That's great that you have someone who's willing to work with you. Do you know which tests you'll be getting of that long list we gave you?

Nato, did you have a doctor's appointment today? For some reason I thought you did.

no no, the drs was yesterday. I have got a slip to get a blood test for prolactin, LH, B12, FSH and oestradiol for day 3, which is saturday, so i might have t do it on day 5 ie monday

i have realised that because she was so nice and chatty, i forgot to ask her half the things i wanted to. I did take a list in like Lucy did, but unfortunately i forgot to look at my list.

I cant remember all of them I was just so happy she was listening to me and she offered to do the blood tests for me so thats great what I do remember is iron, B12, prolactin, FSH, Testosterone (I think) and I think she said she could check for clotting issues but I cant remember what she called it. I've got an appointment on the 19th Nov couldnt get one for next week and I'm due a smear so I'm going to get that done at the same time then I dont have to worry about it.

What a dunce! I know you had your appointment yesterday Nato, and still kept thinking in my head you had another one. Dumb

Luce, it is a start no matter what tests they do. I'm so pleased someone is listening to you. You deserve it (and some chocolate!)

Yeah I was pleased and it also brakes the month up two weeks to those tests then it'll be another two weeks untill our hospital appointment so hopefully it will go quickly. She also said that she thought we would have the blood work done then have an appointment made to discuss the results with a FS. She said to take my list with me and ask them to do it all if they wouldnt then to let her know and she would call the lab and get them to add on any I needed. :happydance: I feel like I have some control back I guess I'm putting all my energy into getting answers so I have something hopefull to keep me going.

Duffy if you ovulate around CD 14 you probably wouldn't benefit from it. That being said I know women take it when they are doing fertility treatments even if they do ovulate at the right time on their own.

Anyhoo here's the website: https://www.femara.com/patient/print-on-demand/print-on-demand-option3.jsp

Night night

I'm on CD 15 on my clearbluem and no ovulation as of yet although I expect it by sunday. Thanks for the link hon :)

Allie, i have just been reading that Agnus Castus might be good for you, are you taking it?

this is what i read, from: https://www.marilynglenville.com/infertility.htm

Agnus Castus (Vitex or Chaste tree berry)

This is the herb of choice for helping to restore hormone imbalance and increasing fertility. In one study 48 women diagnosed with infertility took agnus castus daily for three months, 7 of them became pregnant during that time and 25 of them regained normal progesterone levels.

Agnus castus is particularly helpful for those women who have a luteal phase defect (shortened second half to the cycle) or those with high prolactin levels, because it stimulates the proper functioning of the pituitary gland which controls the hormones.

Agnus castus works to restore hormonal balance and can be used where there are hormone deficits as well as excesses it:

Regulates periods
Restarts periods which have stopped
Helps with heavy bleeding
Increases the ratio of progesterone to oestrogen by balancing excess oestrogen.
Note:
Don't take any herbs while you are using drug treatments or going through assisted conception (such as IVF), unless prescribed by a qualified practitioner.

any good?

no no, the drs was yesterday. I have got a slip to get a blood test for prolactin, LH, B12, FSH and oestradiol for day 3, which is saturday, so i might have t do it on day 5 ie monday

i have realised that because she was so nice and chatty, i forgot to ask her half the things i wanted to. I did take a list in like Lucy did, but unfortunately i forgot to look at my list.

You'd be better off doing it on Friday at CD2 than Monday at CD5. 1 day early is better than 2 days late.

Allie, i have just been reading that Agnus Castus might be good for you, are you taking it?

this is what i read, from: https://www.marilynglenville.com/infertility.htm

Agnus Castus (Vitex or Chaste tree berry)

This is the herb of choice for helping to restore hormone imbalance and increasing fertility. In one study 48 women diagnosed with infertility took agnus castus daily for three months, 7 of them became pregnant during that time and 25 of them regained normal progesterone levels.

Agnus castus is particularly helpful for those women who have a luteal phase defect (shortened second half to the cycle) or those with high prolactin levels, because it stimulates the proper functioning of the pituitary gland which controls the hormones.

Agnus castus works to restore hormonal balance and can be used where there are hormone deficits as well as excesses it:

Regulates periods
Restarts periods which have stopped
Helps with heavy bleeding
Increases the ratio of progesterone to oestrogen by balancing excess oestrogen.
Note:
Don't take any herbs while you are using drug treatments or going through assisted conception (such as IVF), unless prescribed by a qualified practitioner.

any good?

If anyone considers taking Agnus Castus, might I suggest googling bad experiences with agnus castus (also called 'chaste tree berry'). Its great when it works well... but sometimes it can cause more harm than good, and the damage can take a while to undo. I've seen some horror stories from it. :(

Nato, I'm thinking of trying Agnus Castus after my blood test results. I go tomorrow to get them taken. My luteal phase is not very long and I spot before AF, so it may help.

I strongly recommend using the pink fluffy sock. If nothing else, it will give you some amusement whilst your hubby complains about spanking the monkey :haha:

My temp is probably high as I woke up sweating like a pg this morning!

Hearty, you made me laugh with your comment ' He's going to give me a baby if it's the last thing he does on this earth! Damn it' Go girlfriend, loving the attitude :thumbup:

Lucy, pleased your appt went well sweetie.

Amy, I'm sorry but I think it looks like an evap. Hope I'm wrong though. It looks too thin and the line does not look in the right place. You're still really early though, so :thumbup: You're just a day ahead of me on the ov front. Why not post it in the test gallery section for more opinions?

Raz, so sorry to hear you're got some brown cm. Hopefully this is nothing, but if you turn up directly to the EPU tomorrow, maybe they will try and fit you in :hugs:

Thanks Nato! :hugs: I have looked into it briefly...but then one of the girls I follow on BnB was taking it and it totally f-ed up her cycle, bring AF before ovulation and stuff, so now I'm wary. It's something to think about. I shall bring it up with my doctor in the morning!

Amy, I definitely see a second line there. 7dpo is crazy early though?! Is it possible you ovulated earlier? Have you been having symptoms? I really hope this is your BFP!!

Lucy, so happy your appt went well and you have a lot of tests coming up. It's such a step in the right direction. Good luck!

Thinking of you, Raz. :hugs: I really hope it's nothing!

I've taken agnus castus for years with no problems, the only thing it does is cause me to spot during ovulation. I don't take it any longer of course as I'm on clomid atm.

Hope you're ok raz :hugs:

PS Megg that's great news about the benign polyps and getting the go ahead for Dec
:hugs:

yes allie, and sugar too, i was going to say discuss it with dr beforehand after meggs post

all i could find on bad stories was it lengthening one posters cycles. which you are perfectly able to do without herbal help

Sugar, do you take B6 for the LP?

Razzer, hope youre ok and i am thinking of ya xx

Nato, yes I started taking it last month. Just started on 60mg. Don't know if this is enough. Do you think I should take more?
Also, a lot of women on here have said that you should take B complex as the B6 can deplete other vits? Has anyone else heard this?
It's a bloody vitamin minefield out there!

Sparkly thanks hun any advice you have would be great hun and they explained a nurse could be with me etc and they wont do it unless my bp and everything is normal and they will do whatever it takes to make sure im happy which is great so I agreed to have the surgery if I still need it as long as they do support me xxxx

I meant to say sorry AF got you Nato! But I'm glad you're back in a positive frame of mind.

Dawny, good luck!

Megg, glad they got the minefield of polyps out of you and you got the all clear! That's great news.

Sparkly thanks hun any advice you have would be great hun and they explained a nurse could be with me etc and they wont do it unless my bp and everything is normal and they will do whatever it takes to make sure im happy which is great so I agreed to have the surgery if I still need it as long as they do support me xxxx

It wasn't really that scary, honey. I got all positioned on the bed/table and they said they were going to start giving me some meds to relax me a bit. I said that I could feel it tingle near the IV and they said it was the meds going in. I said that I could already feel a bit funny, and they said that was good. Then, I woke up and it was over. It wasn't bad at all. I don't even remember closing my eyes!

It wasn't really that scary, honey. I got all positioned on the bed/table and they said they were going to start giving me some meds to relax me a bit. I said that I could feel it tingle near the IV and they said it was the meds going in. I said that I could already feel a bit funny, and they said that was good. Then, I woke up and it was over. It wasn't bad at all. I don't even remember closing my eyes!

Thanks babe they are going to check the status of the polyp first in case it has gone on its own accord xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->