Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Wow amy that cabin looks so beautiful hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend. I really hope its the start of a BFP for you and good thing to know your hubby isnt pregnant although if he was you'd make a fortune :haha:

Hoping I think NTNP is a good idea pleased you are getting somewhere with your FS and getting tests done.

CJ I know I am very lucky with my dr and I found her by accident I phoned up to get an appointment with my dr after my first miscarriage as my body was doing some strange things he wasnt avialable so they said Dr Mitchel was avialable and I could see her and I am so glad I did as she has been so lovely and supportive (I think she has suffered a miscarriage just by a couple of things she said so she understands which helps I guess) I wish all dr's were like her with everything. Good luck with the pub how exicting really hope you get it and your BFP, where is the pub you may be getting?

Hey Caz good to have you back how are you and little one doing?

Well I've been to look at a school today where a job has come up its like my perfect job great school local to me three days a week year one/two (my favouite years to teach) so will be busy doing the application this weekend and keeping everything crossed then met a friend for coffee which was so nice and then hubby met me for a lunch which was lovely. Going to the rugby with steve and his brother tomorrow then we may have a day out on sunday or just relax at home plus have to do my app. What is everyone else up to?

Sick and tired! Haha, story of my life at the mo! I'm just stressed, I have way too much on my mind at the mo, thankfully I'm not worrying about baby at all, never thought I would say that, but I know worrying won't change anything so I'm staying calm!

Sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned, enjoy it hunny. Hows the pain and bleeding now? Good luck for your job application, sounds perfect for you, working 3 days is lovely.xxx

Bleeding has stopped :happydance: still have some slight cramping now and then but think I may have a urinary infection waiting to here back from docs as took a sample up to be tested.

I'm still very tired but doing better getting out more which is good.

Glad your not worrying about the baby but sorry to hear you are stressed anything I can help with? If you need a friendly ear I'm here for you. Take it your still throwing up a lot you poor love big :hugs: to you

Bleeding has stopped :happydance: still have some slight cramping now and then but think I may have a urinary infection waiting to here back from docs as took a sample up to be tested.

Glad your not worrying about the baby but sorry to hear you are stressed anything I can help with? If you need a friendly ear I'm here for you. Take it your still throwing up a lot you poor love big :hugs: to you

I'm still throwing up daily but no where near as much as before! I started puking when we had people over for dinner last night, thankfully no one heard :haha:

Oh just usual stress, my Mum and lil bro have fallen out massively and he said he's moving out and never speaking to her again, so she wants me to talk to him! I just don't want to get involved!! :nope:
My Dad phoned me yesterday after not speaking for 21 months and it's just playing on my mind!

Woo hoo that the bleeding had gone, I hope you haven't got an infection.xxxx

CJ good luck with the pub :thumbup:

Amy, that place looks fab, can I come? Have you tried to test again? Fingers crossed for you!

Hoping, sounds like a good decision you've made re the NTNP.

Nato, I'm having the same problem as you. I was told to get blood taken 7dpo, today I'm only 6, but the hospital does not take blood on a weekend. I had a word with the Nurse when I was in today, and I'm going in on Monday as well. I'm not sure whether FF is wrong about my ov date, and if that's the case, it would only put me at 5dpo today.

Also, when I asked my Doctor about the FSH test, and didn't it have to be done on day 3, she told me that they can do it at any time, and that they have a range for the day of the cycle. If it looks abnormal, I will have it taken again. All my fertility books say day 3 for it, so who knows https://s2.bbstatic.com/images/smilies/srug.gif

Sparkly, you chart is looking great! :happydance:Hope you had a nice day in York.

Lucy, hope you get that job, it sounds great!

I'm off to see Joseph at the theatre tonight and then getting a takeaway curry on the way home.

Hi to all the other ladies
xx

Sugar I'm getting my FSH tested and my doc didnt say anything about having to have it at a certain time.

Oh sassy I'm sorry to hear about that familys can be so difficult is your brother upset about your mums plans I really hope they manage to sort it out and things get better for you. Here if you need to have a rant or discuss things.

I think your doing really well for people not seeing you puking glad its eased a bit but sorry your still throwing up.

Amy- your cabin looks amazing!

Sassy- i think you are right... worrying won't change anything so just realx and enjoy your pregnancy! I'm sure it will be your forever baby:hugs:

Thx for your support girls! I'm feeling good with NTNP... what ever happens is meant to be.

Tonight I'm off for a girls night:D I hope you all have a good weekend!

Sugar I'm getting my FSH tested and my doc didnt say anything about having to have it at a certain time.

Oh sassy I'm sorry to hear about that familys can be so difficult is your brother upset about your mums plans I really hope they manage to sort it out and things get better for you. Here if you need to have a rant or discuss things.

I think your doing really well for people not seeing you puking glad its eased a bit but sorry your still throwing up.

Yeh he's going crazy, called her everyhting under the sun! He lives with my Mum and her Bf and he's gutted that B has left, he brought him up since he was 10 as me and my elder bro lived with my Dad, he's just taking it really badly and I don't think he will come around! :shrug:

I have to get my 3 day blood tests done, I’m being a total idiot here but humour me
Will it matter to the levels if I have the test done tomorrow (day 3) or Monday (day 5)

Tomorrow I’m looking after my 2 nieces and nephew and the hospital I assume will be very busy. I would like to get the day right though so I don’t have to worry about the values being higher or whatever than on day 3

Not sure whether to just get it done tomorrow regardless of the inconvenience (and I will have to call the hospital to make sure they do bloods on a Saturday)

Razzer – how are you getting on today?

Yes, the right day IS important. You should really do it tomorrow if that's an option... otherwise you'll never know if it was accurate. I suppose that you could get a similar # 2 days later, but its only really accurate on CD2-3.

Hey Girls!
CJ - that pub sounds pretty awesome! Have you had experience with that kind of thing before? I used to always want to open up a bar. I had these dreams of having a science-themed bar in a university town, but I doubt that will ever happen. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for looking. I am totally convinced it's an evap line and to be honest that just makes me angry. Women who maybe don't have the experience of reading these threads and seeing all the things that can go wrong with these tests would totally think that it was positive, but we all know better. Seriously though, how difficult is it to make an inexpensive, reliable test these days? The research and development is totally there, but companies are just too greedy I think. I mean how does ClearBlue stay in business with all of their evaps on the +/- tests? So annoying.

I am heading to the cabin this weekend for some R&R. It's such a beautiful place to go and just forget about the daily grind. Better stop by the wine monopoly and buy the overpriced wine on my way there :) Here's a picture from the back deck...

Have a great weekend girls!

That cabin looks lush! Enjoy it!

my husband is going to pee on the last test of this batch :) let's see what happens!

*********negative*************

WTF

I think that means that they aren't evaps at all!!! :happydance:

We've decided to NTNP until testing is done. I just can't make myself fully stop trying and I would hate to waste these months if all testing comes back normal. I hate being in limbo land:growlmad:

Megg- I am kinda hoping that they find polyps because like you said it is an easy fix and we will finally have an answer to our miscarriages. I would hate for it to be a chromosomal abnormality becuase then our options are trial and error or IVF and my insurance doesn't cover it.

Sounds like a good plan! :thumbup: I'm actually really at peace with them finding and destroying all the gunk I had going on. I was angry about it all at first, but I'm trying to find peace with it being a solid reason that could have caused the losses and otherwise difficulty in getting pregnant to begin with. It gives me great hope for our IVF cycle. So, odd as it sounds, I hope they find them too! :hugs:

Hey gorgeous girls I've had no Internet all
week while away in the lake district stupid O2 network gggrrrr!!!
Can't catch up proper because I'm so knackered but I wanted to pop in and say hey everyone & I'll b bak on later to catch up properly lov to all xxxx Caz xxxx

I wondered where you had been, gorgeous girl! :hugs: Missing you!

So maybe not an evap at all Prego!!!!!!

I have worked in pubs and ran a few temporarily since I was 18. So has my husband. Ever since we met we talked about getting a pub down the line. Now almost 4 years on...here we are. We met the Area Manager this morning and while we were with him he got a call for a new pub in Bristol. We told him we want that instead but I think he will give it to one of his other landlords :-( Never mind. At least we will be working next week. If the woman he kicks out doesnt work her notice we will be starting Monday...or Friday at the latest.

I cant believe this weekend is going to be our last in Wales for months!!! I'm sooooo excited!!!!!!!!! Definitely lots of :sex: to celebrate :haha: As ov day is only round the corner... perfect timing!

Have a wonderful time at the cabin prego, it looks serene and beautiful!

How is everyone????

Its such an exciting time for you and Chris with the pub! I really, truly hope that once your minds are on something else, you'll get a surprise sticky BFP! :hugs: I know relaxing isn't magic, but thinking about it less has to be good for the heart and soul.

Amy - that cabin looks beautiful - enjoy your weekend!! Well I am glad to hear that hubby's not pregnant! :haha: I really do hope the test is right and it's your BFP sweetie. When is AF actually due?

I am shocked at you girls for being so quiet. Usually when I log in in the morning, there are pages to catch up on!

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

I thought the same! LOL No plans for the weekend... Going to hope we accomplish something this weekend instead of playing Fallout for 2 days straight! LOL How about you?

Wow amy that cabin looks so beautiful hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend. I really hope its the start of a BFP for you and good thing to know your hubby isnt pregnant although if he was you'd make a fortune :haha:

Hoping I think NTNP is a good idea pleased you are getting somewhere with your FS and getting tests done.

CJ I know I am very lucky with my dr and I found her by accident I phoned up to get an appointment with my dr after my first miscarriage as my body was doing some strange things he wasnt avialable so they said Dr Mitchel was avialable and I could see her and I am so glad I did as she has been so lovely and supportive (I think she has suffered a miscarriage just by a couple of things she said so she understands which helps I guess) I wish all dr's were like her with everything. Good luck with the pub how exicting really hope you get it and your BFP, where is the pub you may be getting?

Hey Caz good to have you back how are you and little one doing?

Well I've been to look at a school today where a job has come up its like my perfect job great school local to me three days a week year one/two (my favouite years to teach) so will be busy doing the application this weekend and keeping everything crossed then met a friend for coffee which was so nice and then hubby met me for a lunch which was lovely. Going to the rugby with steve and his brother tomorrow then we may have a day out on sunday or just relax at home plus have to do my app. What is everyone else up to?

Ooh! Good luck, honey! :hugs:

I'm still throwing up daily but no where near as much as before! I started puking when we had people over for dinner last night, thankfully no one heard :haha:

Oh just usual stress, my Mum and lil bro have fallen out massively and he said he's moving out and never speaking to her again, so she wants me to talk to him! I just don't want to get involved!! :nope:
My Dad phoned me yesterday after not speaking for 21 months and it's just playing on my mind!

Woo hoo that the bleeding had gone, I hope you haven't got an infection.xxxx

God, it sucks that things are so tense for you right now, Sassers! :hugs: I'm so sorry!

CJ good luck with the pub :thumbup:

Amy, that place looks fab, can I come? Have you tried to test again? Fingers crossed for you!

Hoping, sounds like a good decision you've made re the NTNP.

Nato, I'm having the same problem as you. I was told to get blood taken 7dpo, today I'm only 6, but the hospital does not take blood on a weekend. I had a word with the Nurse when I was in today, and I'm going in on Monday as well. I'm not sure whether FF is wrong about my ov date, and if that's the case, it would only put me at 5dpo today.

Also, when I asked my Doctor about the FSH test, and didn't it have to be done on day 3, she told me that they can do it at any time, and that they have a range for the day of the cycle. If it looks abnormal, I will have it taken again. All my fertility books say day 3 for it, so who knows https://s2.bbstatic.com/images/smilies/srug.gif

Sparkly, you chart is looking great! :happydance:Hope you had a nice day in York.

Lucy, hope you get that job, it sounds great!

I'm off to see Joseph at the theatre tonight and then getting a takeaway curry on the way home.

Hi to all the other ladies
xx

The only time that it doesn't have to be done on CD3 is when someone is suffering from very irregular periods and there's no way to know if they'll see a CD3 again for months. I had mine checked once on the wrong day, but it was during a stint where I was bleeding constantly. It was to get an overall idea of my hormone levels and see if there was something hinky going on. But, if you have regular cycles, then it DOES need to be CD3. It can also be later than CD3 if you're doing the Clomid Challenge.

I don't understand why so many docs order tests that they don't understand. It DOES need to be done at a certain time or the result will be 100% meaningless. :(

P.S. I'm no longer sexless... I finally got some yesterday. It was a nice change! LOL

ALRIGHT Megg rub it in why don't you :rofl: Lucky devil.xxxx

Haha! It was almost a month! I can't help it! I felt like we were roommates or something. It was bloody awful. Although, I don't know how comfortable I'll be with sex during pregnancy. We'll see when/if the time comes!

Thank megg and sugar - yes my dr said could get my tests done between days 3-7.

I am sort of day 2.5 today too cos af started at about 11pm on Tuesday, but id never have known if i hadnt got out of bed to check cos i was thinking about it

argh, i should have gone today but megg didn't get up in time to tell me.

stupid timezones!! I just called the hospital and they shut the drop in half an hour ago

bollocks. Should i wait till next month now? or get them done on Monday which will be day 5/6

That's tough... Let me see what I can dig up!

Edit: You could go ahead and do it on CD5/6... but it will likely not be nearly as accurate. I'd be tempted to wait a month... unless you think you can get it re-checked next month "to be sure"? If you think you can get it done both months, go ahead and do it.

Well, I'm back from the doctor. May I join the ranks of the bad FS appointments? (This OBGYN I saw specializes in infertility, which I didn't know before)

He was soooo negative about my chances. :( My TSH is higher than before-3.5, and my DHEA is also now elevated. He thinks I have PCOS! He looked at my 'normal' ultrasound from before and said it's possible my ovaries have cysts, and that in conjunction with elevated testosterone and DHEA points to PCOS. The thyroid is another issue entirely. He thinks PCOS why I had a mc in April and doesn't think I'll get pregnant again without metformin, and then if that doens't work Clomid, and then if that doens't work IUI, and he even went as far to say maybe IVF!?!?! I just cannot believe this...I'm only 26, and have only been trying for 6 months and all of a sudden I'm being told I might need IVF. :cry:

Now, I know it's not his fault that he had to give me bad news, but he was so uncaring. He kept saying "I'm very concerned with what I see" and "We have a long road ahead of us" and also was dismissive of anything I said...like CJ's he was explaining things like what annovulatory was as if I had no idea. :growlmad: And he was saything things like, "You're 7 day progresterone shows you ovulated, but I don't see how!" Gee, thanks. And he was super dismissive of the soy shortening my cycle, which is is! He said if I do happen to get pregnant this cycle I need to be worried about the effects of my DHEA and testosterone on the baby. :( So now if I do get pregnant I'll be worried. Oh, and he was on the phone half of the time, and was showing me his computer screen and giving me the thumbs up or down for my results instead of speaking to me. WTF. Oh, and my blood pressure was through the roof (140/98) but I hadn't been to that unit of the hospital since my miscarriage. :( It brought back a lot of memories and made me feel really emotional.

The plan for now is to do another 7dpo blood test in a week, and then do all of my bloodwork on CD3. He wants to do a pelivc ultrasound, and maybe and HSG and semen analysis. I feel this is all a bit much since I haven't been trying that long. Or should I just be happy he's testing all of this?

Well I better get back to work. I haven't read through yet. Hope everyone is well.

Haha! It was almost a month! I can't help it! I felt like we were roommates or something. It was bloody awful. Although, I don't know how comfortable I'll be with sex during pregnancy. We'll see when/if the time comes!

We haven't had it for nearly 7 weeks, imagine that! :wacko:
Danny said the other night he doesn't wan to do it for the whole pregnancy as he's scared it might cause mc and he doesn't feel right now there's a baby in there :cry:

Well, I'm back from the doctor. May I join the ranks of the bad FS appointments? (This OBGYN I saw specializes in infertility, which I didn't know before)

He was soooo negative about my chances. :( My TSH is higher than before-3.5, and my DHEA is also now elevated. He thinks I have PCOS! He looked at my 'normal' ultrasound from before and said it's possible my ovaries have cysts, and that in conjunction with elevated testosterone and DHEA points to PCOS. The thyroid is another issue entirely. He thinks PCOS why I had a mc in April and doesn't think I'll get pregnant again without metformin, and then if that doens't work Clomid, and then if that doens't work IUI, and he even went as far to say maybe IVF!?!?! I just cannot believe this...I'm only 26, and have only been trying for 6 months and all of a sudden I'm being told I might need IVF. :cry:

Now, I know it's not his fault that he had to give me bad news, but he was so uncaring. He kept saying "I'm very concerned with what I see" and "We have a long road ahead of us" and also was dismissive of anything I said...like CJ's he was explaining things like what annovulatory was as if I had no idea. :growlmad: And he was saything things like, "You're 7 day progresterone shows you ovulated, but I don't see how!" Gee, thanks. And he was super dismissive of the soy shortening my cycle, which is is! He said if I do happen to get pregnant this cycle I need to be worried about the effects of my DHEA and testosterone on the baby. :( So now if I do get pregnant I'll be worried. Oh, and he was on the phone half of the time, and was showing me his computer screen and giving me the thumbs up or down for my results instead of speaking to me. WTF. Oh, and my blood pressure was through the roof (140/98) but I hadn't been to that unit of the hospital since my miscarriage. :( It brought back a lot of memories and made me feel really emotional.

The plan for now is to do another 7dpo blood test in a week, and then do all of my bloodwork on CD3. He wants to do a pelivc ultrasound, and maybe and HSG and semen analysis. I feel this is all a bit much since I haven't been trying that long. Or should I just be happy he's testing all of this?

Well I better get back to work. I haven't read through yet. Hope everyone is well.

He does sound like he was being a total dick... :hugs: But, he isn't necessarily wrong, just shit with bedside manner. Sometimes, the more a doctor understands, the less capable they are of being nice. I don't understand it, but it does sound like he knows what he's talking about to some degree. Although, I think his understanding of PCOS is a bit lacking. If you're ovulation with PCOS, its not usually a big problem. However, with your late ovulation... that could be an issue. They will always dismiss soy... most of them will say it renders you infertile. That's bullshit, but its what they have to say.

Let me be very honest here... I got in to see a FS in mid-2009. I was 28. I was being told some things similar to what you're being told from a similarly bitchy FS. I refused to go back because I felt we hadn't been trying for very long (mostly because I'd only just gotten the constant bleeding under control a few months earlier). She said that the best thing I could do was move to IVF probably if I wanted a baby sooner than later. I ignored it and got in a huff. Almost 1.5 years later, I'm going to a new FS in the same office who I love and doing exactly what she said I should have done. I might already have my baby if I had listened. I don't regret ignoring it, because I'd rather have had to wait than to give her a single cent of our money... but that's only because I'm THAT stubborn.

So, be VERY happy that they're taking interest now and get as much testing as you can. Don't wait because you're young and haven't tried for very long... This could save you from being less young and having tried for ages and in no better place than you are now... except then you'd be kicking yourself for waiting. I hate that he's a prick, but I say suck it up and listen to him. :hugs: I mean that in a very nice way... I swear!

Oh Allie, I'm soooooo sorry sweetie, I hate it when doc's speak to you like that do they not realise this is your whole life! Grrr makes me mad, I have no advice hunny as I have no idea what any of those things are but I hope one of the other girls can be more helpful to put your mind at rest a little.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->