Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

I'm so sorry Mone...I should have read the posts first before hogging the forum with my news. Massive :hug:

Mone, thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you chick. I know you were preparing yourself for this news, but it is always heartbreaking to have it confirmed. I'm glad you feel at some peace with the fact that it will happen naturally. I agree, it seems it will be better for your body at this point. You are right also in that the tears will come later when it starts to sink in and you have some time to process it. We're here for you when they do come. As you've wisely told others, just get through the next minute. If you can do that, you can get through the one after that. Soon, you'll have gotten through a day, a week, a month. I am rooting for you. :hugs:

Amy, I'm so incredibly pleased for you. I know it is hard to announce your news in the face of Mone's news. That's what happens here though. Your news deserves to be celebrated. I can't believe how early you are getting these results. You started seeing lines at 7dpo or something like that, didn't you? Maybe its twins! I hope this is yours to keep. Maybe it was the airport sex!

CJ, yay for you and your pub! I hope you also catch that egg. You sound like you are in a really great space right now. You inspire me.

Sugar, I'm sorry to hear about your LP. It definitely should be longer than 5-8 days as you already know. Your doctor can prescribe progesterone for you. You could also do the progesterone cream. I use the Emerita Pro-Gest brand. I use 1/4 teaspoon twice a day after ovulation. It has really helped to lengthen my LP.

Yours might not be due to low progesterone though. It could be your FSH and follicle development. That can be treated with Clomid or what I'm about to take, Femara.

Here's a good article talking about the different reasons you might have an LP defect and what the treatments are: https://www.inciid.org/printpage.php?cat=infertility101&id=7

The wedding I went to was fun. It ended up being inside, so we didn't have to stand in the rain. Pictures of my dress are on Tim's phone. He has to email me some and then I'll post them. I'm very tired today. And I hate Mondays.

Hearty glad you had a good time at the wedding and that you didnt have to stand around in the rain.

Amy thats fantastic news so happy for you :happydance:

OMG, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you.xxxxx

CJ- awesome news!!! Congrats on getting the pub and hopefully this stressless cycle will bring you a :bfp::thumbup:

Megg- sorry the bcp are giving you a rough time. I was on bcp for about 3 months when I was 17 and it turned me into a monster!

Prego- hurray for your early :bfp::happydance:

Mone- I'm so sorry for your loss:hugs:

Sugar- I hope you get some answers at your appointment. After my 2nd miscarriage my LP was short so I used royal jelly, bee pollen and progesterone cream to help sort it out.

AFM- I am certain that I ov'd this weekend so I guess I am in the 2ww. It has been nice not having to chart and do opks... I think I could get use to NTNP.

Fuck I just wrote a long reply and lost it!

Anyway morning everyone and lots of love to all of you. I can't type the whole bugger out again!!

Oh, I HATE it when that happens!!!

Read some good news about increasing success rates with IVF
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11696644

Ooh! Thanks for that, honey! :hugs:

so happy for you raz!
Sorry the BCP suck...I hate them too, but I was on them for 10 years. I felt SO much better when I stopped!
Sorry for your shower experience, hearty. I think that would have been traumatic for me too. I can't wait to see pictures of you in your hot little dress! Wow, I sound like a pervert.
All this talk about xfactor is totally over my head! Xfactor in Norway is incredibly lame so I never watch it.

AFM, the cabin was wonderful, but we had a bit of difficulty getting home yesterday because of the massive snowstorm! Getting to work today was interesting as people were stuck in the road all over the place!

When I got home, DH had so lovingly bought be some hpt to try, but he bought me a clearblue +/- 2 pack, so I knew I had to be leery of the results. I have taken them before and I usually get a really thin blue line to the left of where the + should be.
Well I took it and it's blue and thick, but faint, with no dark blue leading edge! I know I have to be careful because these things are known for evaps, but I am going to wait until Thursday to test with a pink test.
Oh man, I hope this is real!

That was very sweet of him to buy you HPT's... even if he did buy blue dye ones! lol

Hi everyone.

Firstly Raz so happy for you hun that everything was good at the Scan. Amy, sounds really positive, keep testing!

Haven't had a chance to read back too far, so sorry for not mentioning everyone....

Got back from Kings College about an hour ago. They really were so lovely to us it made the whole process so much easier. I started to miscarry spot early Saturday morning, and the scan showed that although there had been quite substantial growth, the sac had come away and it's only a matter of time before I start proper. I'm relieved in a way as I didn't really want medical management or a d&c, and the doctor said if I can avoid it would be better for me (especially as this is my 5th since last September).

So that's it really.... still don't think it's really sunk in, hopefully once we get this week over I can start to process it all, i think that's when the tears will start.

Megg - sorry to be a pain but would you mind taking off the blighted ovum bit on the front page. I know that's what it was but I just really hate that term, and the hospital said they don't use it anymore, and well, it's just the blighted bit i think. thanks hun.

Thanks all for thinking of me.... not giving up just yet, think there's another BFP in me yet! x

Sure, sweetie! :hugs: Sorry... I guess I'm just used to hearing it because I've had 2.

I'm so sorry, Mone. :hug: :( Thinking of you, and we will never ever give up hope for you.

Megg, your nursery sounds lovely.

Lucy, have you heard back from the job yet?

Amy, it sound very, very promising. FX! Man, I wish tests weren't so expensive in Norway. :test:

Sugar, are you sure it's not implantation? Do you have a history of short luteal phases?

AFM, my temp dropped a bit today at 5dpo! :( I hope it goes up tomorrow, because for now I'm bummed out. I guess it could be implantation but I'm worried it's low progesterone. I also don't know if I'm really 5dpo because FF put my crosshairs before the peak on my monitor. And I'd really like to know for sure because I doing 7dpo bloods.

Happy Monday, everyone. :hugs:

Hopefully it shoots up tomorrow. I do hate it when there's a question about whether the timing is right for 7dpo blood work. I've been there, and I ususally end up guessing wrong! lol Hopefully it'll be clearer tomorrow!

Look what I got girls! I am sure splashing the cash :) My iphone app puts me at only 9 dpo today....

now let's just hope it sticks!

EEEEEEEEEEEK! :yipee: Congrats!!! :hugs:

CJ- awesome news!!! Congrats on getting the pub and hopefully this stressless cycle will bring you a :bfp::thumbup:

Megg- sorry the bcp are giving you a rough time. I was on bcp for about 3 months when I was 17 and it turned me into a monster!

Prego- hurray for your early :bfp::happydance:

Mone- I'm so sorry for your loss:hugs:

Sugar- I hope you get some answers at your appointment. After my 2nd miscarriage my LP was short so I used royal jelly, bee pollen and progesterone cream to help sort it out.

AFM- I am certain that I ov'd this weekend so I guess I am in the 2ww. It has been nice not having to chart and do opks... I think I could get use to NTNP.

Sounds a lot less stressful! That's great! :hugs:

Mone - I'm so so sorry you have to go through this again honey :hugs:

prego - congrats :happydance:

sugar - sorry the ho-bag flew in so early x

thanks girls! we're definitely going to assume it came from the experience at the airport ;) just for giggles....

Ok girls I need to have a bit of whinge I dont know what the hell is going on with my body so sick of bloody hormones been feeling a bit rough last few days keeping getting headaches and my tummy has been a bit of but today I feel really nauseous have had to put my seabands on yuk plus I'm getting period like pains not bad ones but enough to make me aware of them. I know my hcg levels are down as I had a neg pregnancy test. Why is my body messing with me? I just want to feel well and like I know whats going on with my body :grr:

Wooo hoo Congrates Amy thats amazing for you xxx What a story to tell your LO when they are older, defo an 18th birthday story that one.

Mone - Sorry about your news hun, i know its what you were expecting but it doesnt make it much easier to deal with. :hugs:

WOOHOO AMY!!!! And such a great conception story!

I love that assumption, Amy! :hugs:

I wish I had answers for you, Luce! I don't know though! :hugs: Could it be ovulation related? I used to get nausea and cramping with ovulation.

Mone & Lucy & Megg & Anyone else who needs it... :hug:

AMY! Congrats! Yay :happydance:

Everyone else :hi:!

Congrats amy soooo excited for you baby doll :) willing on ur sticky bean <3

mone I am so sorry u are going through this again gorgeous :cry: I can't imagine how u must be feeling I am thinking of u babe xxxx

luce I agree with meggles maybe it's ovulation?? Hope so chick xxxx

hi everyone else hope ur all ok xxxx

Lucy - I still had lots of symptoms after our mc and negative tests, I put it down to wishful thinking (i.e. wanting to still be pregnant so bad) and also stress and panic attacks which I suffer from when down.

WOW amy congrats!! I knew it with your test the other day!!

Mone - I know you were expecting it but I am still so sorry for you having the loss confirmed xxx

Thanks girls its so weird just as I start to feel physically better like I'm gettin back to some normallity my body does weird things :shrug: I did an opk yesterday evening as I was having a lot of pain and it was completely negative so dont think it would be down to ov. Who knows if I dont feel better in the next couple of days I will get an appointment to see my dr or a nurse.

Fab news Amy:thumbup: your screen name is so appropriate now too

Sorry to hear your body is giving you gyp Lucy. I hate hormones, unless they are pregnancy related ones.

Thanks for the link Hearty, very interesting. Have you got a luteal phase defect? I don't know whether to try the cream, or just wait to get see a FS. Will see how long the referral is going to be. I read somewhere on here that FS don't like you self medicating in case you have to start on clomid or something. I don't know, it's all confusing :shrug:I don't know whether to carry on with the 60mg B6, as the LP this month was worse than usual!

Hubby's sperm analysis results are back. 2 out of 3 of the results are good and well above average. I think that's the number of them and motility. The morphology was not so good though. The Dcotor said 4% was average, his was 3%. She said not to worry about it, and they will probably be fine next time, but he needs retesting in 6 weeks.
These number mean nothing to me! Can anyone explain them please?

Thanks
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back