Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Thanks for reply Megg. We BD'd 8 times before test as it was around my fertile time. We last BD'd on the Sunday, and he went for the test on the following Thursday.

I've been googling, and that result looks pretty awful to me, but he said the Doctor didn't seem too worried!!

He took a while to get it there,and walked for 30 mins with it in his pocket (although wrapped in a sock in his pocket) in the cold. Can any of this make a difference do you know?

This is starting to look hopeless. Looks extremely likely I have a LPD, and hubbys sperm could be abnormal.:cry:What would happen if his repeat test comes back the same in 6 weeks? Do we have any chance of conceiving naturally?

x

Sugar, remind me, when was your mc?

It took me several cycles for my LP to regulate. It could be your hormones are still out of whack. Especially if you didn't have an LPD before your mc.

Don't give up hope yet honey, all is not lost!

Mone, don't worry about us honey. Just write about you and your experiences right now. You don't need to take notes on all of our stuff. You can support us when you are feeling stronger. Right now, let us support you.

April, are you kidding me with that picture?? OMG that little smiley guy is adorable. You both look great. When I look at his face, I laugh. Sooo cute!!! Glad you had a good trip. You aren't out until the :witch: shows her face.

LOL Isn't he great? I taught him to stick his tongue out while I was there too, there's a great photo of us giggling and sticking our tongues out at eachother ...Just waiting for SIL to send it to me!!

That pic is gorgeous, April! So sorry about your friend though! I'm glad you can be a support for her! :hugs:

Thanks Megg! :hugs:

Hearty my mc was in April. I never had any problems before this, but since mc have developed spotting and pain.

Got my second gyno appt in December where she was probably going to refer for a laparoscopy

Thats great you are getting the nursery sorted Megg! Sounds like it will be beautiful.

:hug: bbhopes.

Raz, I cant believe you were outed! I hope it went ok though today. Is it meant to be lucky then?? Moving and getting knowcked up... I hope so!

:rofl: Sugar. I would DEFINITELY worry about smothering LOL! I'm so sorry about af. That sucks mega! I hope the bloods reveal something that can help. :hugs:

Hello!! Haha Cesca I have done that more than once!

OMG Amy!!! I hope this is your BFP hunni!!!! I take it that says pregnant LOL! I hope this sticks hunni!! I must of missed the airport story along the way... but LOL to the naming hehe

:hug: Mone. I hate that you have to go through this. I hope you are ok, even though I know you probably arent right now.

Allie hunni as long as its not below your coverline...a drop isnt major just yet. See what the next few days bring. :hugs:

Thanks Amanda!!!! I'm not sure how I inspire anyone but its nice to hear. I do feel like we are in a great place right now.Glad you had some fun at the wedding.

That article on IVF success is very interesting and could be fantastic for women ttc through IVF!! And equally the article on Luteal Phase defects! Makes your head spin getting paranoid about these things.

:dance: for the ov Hoping!! I'm with you too, wickedly better not charting or doing opk's! Hope you caught the eggy.

Lucy hunni I have had nausea every month since the mc. Its just your body trying to get back to normal. Just be kind to yourself, have a nice bubbly bath. Where are you technically with your cycle now. Do you know??

Sugar I'm glad 2 out of 3 came back good. Makes sure he is taking vitamins and having a nice healthy diet. Who knows the retest might prove that the 3rd test is fine too!

https://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/what-does-morphology-mean-when-referring-to-sperm/

Sass hunni try not to worry yourself. Not that I want to address it but it maybe from the little bean that didnt stick. And spotting is not uncommon so try not to worry. Get a doctors appointment though to try reassure yourself. I agree also, there is a lot of pain usually with a mc so the fact there is none is a good thing. :hug:

Dawny it sounds like ewcm which is great!! And defo could mean ov!!!!

:hi: Yogi! Nice to see you back. Glad the trip was good! Dont count yourself out hun just yet. And adorable photo, and so cute the bond you have. It certainly makes bad on the baby fever I bet. It will be your time soon. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It cant be nice after a normal pregnancy to be faced with the shock that miscarriages can happen even after a healthy pregnancy. I hope she will be ok.

I have been cleaning and packing today for our move at the end of the week. I am so excited. We started signing all the paper work today and do the rest on friday morning when we get there. Ona sad note we have decided to give our kitten to my dh's cousin. She is so cute but we havent bonded with her much yet and I just dont feel it would be fair to move her every couple of months when she hasnt even been outside yet! so I know there will be some tears over that. But i am positive ov is today if not in the next couple :dance: so with all the moving etc...we have still found time to :sex: which is great. I have had strong ov pains today and minimal yesterday. I just hope I dont have them for over a week like last month! Would be nice to know it happened. It appears by FF that I am CD 14 which aside from last month is bang on for ov for me. Fingers crossed!!

Sorry for the long post, its always so much to catch up on.

How are things with you Megg? Anything happening with the IVF journey soon??

Hi girls, just popping in to say goodbye. I'm going on birth control on Wednesday and I don't know when I'll feel mentally/emotionally capable to start ttc again. I may pop on and off but I probably won't post as much :flower:

:hug: Sequeena!!!! I hope that we see you back healthy and ready to ttc very soon. Dont be a complete stranger though!!!!

Mone, once again massive :hugs:. Reading your posts make me feel emotional...you are so strong.

Lucy, it sounds like as the girls have said your body is maybe just adjusting to the onslaught of hormones as your body adjusts :hugs:. I hope you feel much better soon.

Sassy, I hope the bleeding has stopped and you get peace of mind from the EPU tomorrow. From what you wrote, it sounds like you just saw it in the toilet? I don't mean to be crass, but is it possible it's from your bum since you didn't see when you wiped and it might be hard to tell. Maybe it's something as simple as piles. Or the twin, as others have said. :hugs:

Amy, congrats on being 'gravid!' :happydance: Way to splurge on a test! :) I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months! :hugs:

CJ, woohoo, congrats on signing the papers today. Sorry about your kitty. :hugs:

April, welcome back!! :hugs: We missed you. :) OMG, your nephew is soooo adorable. I called DH over from the other room to look at him. I can't help but grin when I see him and I definitely want to see the tongue picture!

Sarah, best of luck on the BCP. :hugs:

Dawny, it sounds like it might be ov. Enjoy some :sex:!

Sugar, I'm sorry I don't know more about sperm results, but if his doctor wasn't worried than I wouldn't let Google worry you too much. Also, it seems like LPDs are quite common and well managed, so please remain hopeful. :hugs:

Hearty, glad you didn't get rained out at the wedding, are we going to get to dress pics soon?

Hello and :hugs: to everyone else.

Hearty, Cesca, Sugar and anyone with fertility monitor experience...I need to figure out how many dpo I am for my 7dpo blood test this week and I don't know where I'm at? (Megg, thanks for your response, I hear ya, I'm worried I'm wrong, too)

FF is saying I'm 5dpo but it also has me as ovulating the day before my peak on the CBFM. I would assume, if I wasn't temping, that I'm only 3 or 4 dpo. Is it possible to ovulate on a 'high' reading and not get a 'peak' reading until the day after? I only took 2 OPKS the whole cycle--one was negative at CD20 and one was positive at CD22, so I don't have them to rely on.

I'm not sure when to go in. Do the progesterone results make much difference if it so happens to be one day off in either direction? Thanks.

Thanks for reply Megg. We BD'd 8 times before test as it was around my fertile time. We last BD'd on the Sunday, and he went for the test on the following Thursday.

I've been googling, and that result looks pretty awful to me, but he said the Doctor didn't seem too worried!!

He took a while to get it there,and walked for 30 mins with it in his pocket (although wrapped in a sock in his pocket) in the cold. Can any of this make a difference do you know?

This is starting to look hopeless. Looks extremely likely I have a LPD, and hubbys sperm could be abnormal.:cry:What would happen if his repeat test comes back the same in 6 weeks? Do we have any chance of conceiving naturally?

x

I know what you mean. My FS didn't seem upset by his results, but the "sperm guy" (the guy who gave me the results and did the count and all that junk) was very bleak about it. He said it was barely good enough for IUI in his opinion. But, my FS had a different opinion. I personally think its dreadful too, but I'm not a doctor. So, I guess I shouldn't speculate on our situation or yours as far as that goes.

As long as the sample is kept near the body, its usually okay as long as it get to the people within an hour. And, that would only effect count and motility. Morphology is what it is. They don't get deformed because they got too cold. They came out that way. However, that was quite a bit of time between ejaculations. They say it can be that long, but 2 days is usually best.

If it doesn't improve... You could honestly be looking at a difficult road if his morphology stays low and you do truly have an LP defect. Its not impossible, but you probably shouldn't expect quick results. I feel like a huge bitch and a total downer. But, I'm trying to be as honest as possible. You might have to try a bit longer and a bit harder than some people will... but natural conception isn't out of the question.

You're really dealing with a similar situation to us. I have a few LP issues, he has some sperm issues... neither are severe, but its more difficult when put together. We each share a bit of the blame. We're really only doing things the way we are because I'm impatient though. I'm sure I would have a decent chance of conceiving naturally if I got my cycles in order and we tried our hardest. This just became the easier option.

This might sound odd... but if his count was good, then it would actually help his morphology if he was having daily ejaculations. Its shown to improve morphology quite a bit... but only if there aren't other issues (like count) to worry about.

Thats great you are getting the nursery sorted Megg! Sounds like it will be beautiful.

:hug: bbhopes.

Raz, I cant believe you were outed! I hope it went ok though today. Is it meant to be lucky then?? Moving and getting knowcked up... I hope so!

:rofl: Sugar. I would DEFINITELY worry about smothering LOL! I'm so sorry about af. That sucks mega! I hope the bloods reveal something that can help. :hugs:

Hello!! Haha Cesca I have done that more than once!

OMG Amy!!! I hope this is your BFP hunni!!!! I take it that says pregnant LOL! I hope this sticks hunni!! I must of missed the airport story along the way... but LOL to the naming hehe

:hug: Mone. I hate that you have to go through this. I hope you are ok, even though I know you probably arent right now.

Allie hunni as long as its not below your coverline...a drop isnt major just yet. See what the next few days bring. :hugs:

Thanks Amanda!!!! I'm not sure how I inspire anyone but its nice to hear. I do feel like we are in a great place right now.Glad you had some fun at the wedding.

That article on IVF success is very interesting and could be fantastic for women ttc through IVF!! And equally the article on Luteal Phase defects! Makes your head spin getting paranoid about these things.

:dance: for the ov Hoping!! I'm with you too, wickedly better not charting or doing opk's! Hope you caught the eggy.

Lucy hunni I have had nausea every month since the mc. Its just your body trying to get back to normal. Just be kind to yourself, have a nice bubbly bath. Where are you technically with your cycle now. Do you know??

Sugar I'm glad 2 out of 3 came back good. Makes sure he is taking vitamins and having a nice healthy diet. Who knows the retest might prove that the 3rd test is fine too!

https://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/what-does-morphology-mean-when-referring-to-sperm/

Sass hunni try not to worry yourself. Not that I want to address it but it maybe from the little bean that didnt stick. And spotting is not uncommon so try not to worry. Get a doctors appointment though to try reassure yourself. I agree also, there is a lot of pain usually with a mc so the fact there is none is a good thing. :hug:

Dawny it sounds like ewcm which is great!! And defo could mean ov!!!!

:hi: Yogi! Nice to see you back. Glad the trip was good! Dont count yourself out hun just yet. And adorable photo, and so cute the bond you have. It certainly makes bad on the baby fever I bet. It will be your time soon. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It cant be nice after a normal pregnancy to be faced with the shock that miscarriages can happen even after a healthy pregnancy. I hope she will be ok.

I have been cleaning and packing today for our move at the end of the week. I am so excited. We started signing all the paper work today and do the rest on friday morning when we get there. Ona sad note we have decided to give our kitten to my dh's cousin. She is so cute but we havent bonded with her much yet and I just dont feel it would be fair to move her every couple of months when she hasnt even been outside yet! so I know there will be some tears over that. But i am positive ov is today if not in the next couple :dance: so with all the moving etc...we have still found time to :sex: which is great. I have had strong ov pains today and minimal yesterday. I just hope I dont have them for over a week like last month! Would be nice to know it happened. It appears by FF that I am CD 14 which aside from last month is bang on for ov for me. Fingers crossed!!

Sorry for the long post, its always so much to catch up on.

How are things with you Megg? Anything happening with the IVF journey soon??

FX'd for you, honey!

I'm good! I start Lupron on the 14th, finish my BCP on the 18th, start stimming on the 23rd and then the real whirlwind begins! :)

Hi girls, just popping in to say goodbye. I'm going on birth control on Wednesday and I don't know when I'll feel mentally/emotionally capable to start ttc again. I may pop on and off but I probably won't post as much :flower:

Aww, honey! :hugs: You'll be missed, but I understand the need for a break! Take care of yourself!

Hearty, Cesca, Sugar and anyone with fertility monitor experience...I need to figure out how many dpo I am for my 7dpo blood test this week and I don't know where I'm at? (Megg, thanks for your response, I hear ya, I'm worried I'm wrong, too)

FF is saying I'm 5dpo but it also has me as ovulating the day before my peak on the CBFM. I would assume, if I wasn't temping, that I'm only 3 or 4 dpo. Is it possible to ovulate on a 'high' reading and not get a 'peak' reading until the day after? I only took 2 OPKS the whole cycle--one was negative at CD20 and one was positive at CD22, so I don't have them to rely on.

I'm not sure when to go in. Do the progesterone results make much difference if it so happens to be one day off in either direction? Thanks.

1 days shouldn't make too much difference. It should be pretty accurate if you're off by 1 day either way. Now, when I did it 3 days off... that was awful! LOL But, 1 day should be fine!

Morning all how is everyone doing today??

Sassy - So sorry you had a panic last night, how are things this morning hun? As others have said there is no pain and it could be to do with the twin. Sending huge :hug: and love to you and i'm sure it will be fine at the EPU later xxx

yogi - Glad you had a good time away and that picture is lovely xx

CJ - Sorry you are giving away the kitten but if you are going to be moving around a lot it does sound like the best thing to do. Good luck in the 2ww now hun x

sugar - Sorry i know nothing about sperm but wanted to send you both lots of :dust:

Meggs we've been trying for five or so years, I've been pregnant twice, one ended with a miscarriage at 11 weeks (2007) the second ended with a full term baby boy who died at four days old (2008). We've been on this nightmare roller coaster of trying for far too long now, and it seems like forever, and are going to be getting further tests to rule out any obvious reasons other than our ages, and stress. No idea where to start though.
On the spin side, here, it's easier to adopt than it is to get IVF. Go figure. I think we will still adopt even if we are blessed again soon. Too much love to go around to goto waste. Hoping to hear good news from you soon!!! baby dust all round.

Hey,

Yogi that pictures is lovely he is such a cutie made me smile.

CJ I am so happy things are going well what an exicting time for you, sorry about your kitty.

Mone I am thinking of you and sending lots of love your way :hugs:

Sugar I am sorry my hubby had two out of three which where good his count and mobility where above average but the morphology was I think something like 1 in 3(we werent given a %) but we were told because he had above average numbers and they were all good swimmers it was unlikely to be a reason we weren't getting pregnant a few months after having the test we did get pregnant. Also we were told we had to get his sample to the hospital within half an hour. He said the higher the count the better steve was on a mulit-vit and he ate sunflower and pumpkin seeds. His dr told him to do anything that gets his testorone up whether it be playing sport or computer games. I dont know if that helps or not but just my experience and what we were told.

Sarah I understand you needing a break we will miss you but I wish you all the best and maybe we will see you back here sometime :hugs:

Hearty were are the pic's!!

Sassy I am thinking of you :hugs: hope all goes well today lots of love :hugs:

Nato how are you?

Raz how are you?

Sorry if I've missed anyone :hugs: to all

Hey lucy, i'm ok a bit rough today. Light headed, tired and gen feel like poo but at the same time it makes me happy too. How are you doing??

Also waiting on a few updates from people that scans went well so feeling on edge for them. Anyone heard from Sassy??

Sorry your feeling rough but as you said its a good thing as well if you know what I mean.

I'm alright still feeling a bit rough and so cold the weather is miserable here but managing to get a bit more done round the house which is good as I was starting to feel like a bad wife as steve was doing everything going to work, coming home cooking cleaning etc so want to get more done so he can relax after work a bit.

Nothing from sassy yet in her journal she said she was going to the hospital which was about 9am just hoping and praying everything is alright for her.

Good morning everyone,

I was just coming to check on Sassy.

thanks for the info Megg. I googled this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen_analysis and it says that 4% is normal for morphology, but everything else on the internet seems to be saying it's way to low.:shrug:

I haven't slept a wink last night for worrying about it :cry:

I found out his other results:

count - 60 million (she said they were way over average)
mobility 20 or 30% forgotten which (again she said was over normal)

Still debating as to whether we should just pay to go private or not.

Hi to other girls, and Sassy hope you're ok sweetie
x

PS Lucy, I'm going to get hubby on the pumpkin seeds.!He's taking Wellman conception vit at the mo, but going to try and get him doing more exercise and lay off the beer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->