Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

I have been tested for my folic levels but not been tested for MTHFR, remind me again what it is. I'm assuming its something they will test for on the 1st Dec at the hospital.

Sassy have watched bits of the pride of britain awards make me cry.

Right I've got my results back. Doctor was a stupid mare who didn't have a clue, and told me that a 8 day luteal phase was fine. WTF!

Bear in mind that these tests were done on day 25 (6 dpo) as she said that it didn't make any difference when FSH was tested! That appears to be bollocks according to everything I've read!

FSH - 1.5
LH - 0.3
thyroid - serum TSH level 3.4 and serum free T4 level 12
progesterone - 12.5

my progesterone was then tested again on day 28 which should have been 9dpo, but AF started that day, that was 2.6 and gave me a luteal phase of 8 days with spotting starting at 5dpo

prolactin and B whatever was not tested at all!

I also asked her about hubby's sperm and got the printed results:

count - 67 million
mobility - 60%
morphology - 3%

Her guidlines were 4% morphology is normal, so his were below this. Nato, yes I read that article thanks. Hopefully, morphology will have improved when he goes back for second sample in 6 weeks time.

Have asked her to refer me to Leeds Nuffield and I have booked an appt to see the FS there on 22nd November. Might as well pay for retests for the right day and to try to get to the bottom of this short luteal phase!

Can anyone help with the results? I really don't know if they are good or bad and the Doctor seemed to be fairly clueless.

Thanks girls

Hmm, not sure what the bloody hell your dr is up to - yes, i completely agree you need an FS to do the tests for you. Your FSH is too low, which on 6dpo you would expect s as far as i understand it, it seems useless trying to interpret your results - but for what its worth, your LP levels of FSH are as they should be in your LP, they are at the bottom of the range

she should have tested your oestrodiol at the same time as fsh if you are trying to assess if fsh should be elevated - shes a bit of a thicko, i would disgard these results and get them tested on the right days

Your progesterone was tested on the right day - can you confirm the measurement used for that 12.5 value?

Thanks Megg

I think my E2 in pg/ml is 57 - i found a poster on fertilty facts as saying that i had to divide 211 by .272 or something (forget the exact numbers) but my sums made it to be 57. I have been known to add up 10 + 10 incorrectly though

Im finding references for E2 masking FSH at 50, 80 or 100+ in pg/ml, but most references seem to think 100 pg/ml is too high

what did it work out as in your conversion?

My conversion said to multiply it by 21... but that's just not possible. That's why I knew they had to be wrong.

erk just found the one i think youre referring to, which puts my oestrdiol at 958

Yeah, that's rubbish.

no, i think i did it right first time:

Conversion...

To convert from the conventional unit to the SI unit, multiply by the conversion factor

To convert from the SI unit to the conventional unit, divide by the conversion factor

Conventional Unit Conversion Factor SI Unit

Estradiol pg/mL 3.671 pmol/L

so 211 divided by 3.671 = 57.47 pg/ml

so i think my Oestradiol is 58

this site has other conversions too: https://www.progesteronetherapy.com/progesterone-levels.html

That looks right. And 57 is just fine. Mine was around 54 (I think) on CD2-3 and they were very happy with that at my clinic.

Yogi, sorry about the BFN babe. Did you stop putting your temps into FF? I'd love to see the whole chart if you have time.

I kept temping while I was away but stopped entering them because I traveled and was jet-lagged with the time difference, plus sleeping in a different place I figured they wouldn't really mean anything anyways...I did get a big temp rise yesterday and it's still elevated today so I got a little excited, but tested BFN this morning regardless. It could have been because it was my first night back at home that made my temp spike originally?

I have filled it in now with the temps that I wrote down as I think they are close to normal for me anyways. I missed temping on Monday as I was traveling back home all day.

Thanks for looking!

It does look very nice. I can see how that could be frustrating and get your hopes up every time. But, just think... One of those times, your hopes will be up and you'll get that BFP! And, then none of this will matter so much! :hugs:

Advice needed I think I am getting some ewcm it is a little strecthy lots of it but some of the strecthy cm was a bit white in colour is that normal? Never really had much ewcm to speak of so dont know what to make of it also have a lot of clear cm does that mean I have ov or I'm about to. It doesnt really matter I guess as I have to let this egg go but just curious to know and good to have some idea when I may expect AF.

Sounds like O!

I want to be waiting on a Sandra reading too, and I don't even know who Sandra is. I shall have to read back and get the jist.

Cazz - so pleased for you sweetie, post that pic!

I have just taken a tumble from the top of the kitchen cupboard. Martin hides the buy 1 get 1 free 18 packs of mixed crisps up there (at my instigation!), so that I can't eat the lot and I while he was out I thought I would get up there, however I forgot I had my slippy massive furry slippers on and as I was getting down my left leg caught on my right leg pj bottoms (note to self: really should be out of those pesky pj's after a week) and i fell backwards about 4 feet slamming onto my right hip and hitting my head on the Brabantia... fuck it hurt. I've now got spinny head and mild concussion. It has taken the edge off my cramps though, so I guess there is always a silver lining. The good news I managed to bring the pack down with me, so 3 packs down I'm feeling a bit better.

I also had my first 2 ebay sales finish and man O' live there were 20 bids in the last few crazy seconds, i was bouncing up and down like a joey, crisps flying everywhere. Ended up getting £165 for a crappy moschino belt and a pair or russell and bromley shoes that cost me a tenner in a sample sale and never wore because they are NASTY.

On a shitter note, M and I had a falling out today, bless him he was singing earlier and having a laugh with his friend on the phone and when he came off I said 'don't you think you should be a bit sadder, it's only been 1 day'.... and i felt so shit afterwards because I know we are just very different, and he doesn't talk about his feelings and there's no point in both of us being depressed but I just feel like it's too soon, that yes, it's my fifth but does that diminish any less what we're going through, should I be just getting back to normal, or fuck it can't i wallow for a least a few days. I want him to say so much to me, that would comfort me, and he's not, and that's making me angry with him and I don't want to be, because he is doing the best he can.

Sorry for the ramble....I just feel so frikking alone with all this sometimes, like I have to be ok to make him ok, and I'm NOT ok. God this is all so hard.

Nato - thank you for the pm poppet, will reply soon, your tests look great, I am going to dig mine out too although I'm not sure I ever had FSH etc. Have you had the ovarian reserve one done AMH I think it's called. That's a scary Mo'fo one to get back I can tell ya..... mine was low 7.0, but then he said that was to be expected. He also said not to read too much into it though, especially in the frequentity (is that a word?) of my pregnancies... I hope there are a few more lurking for the next couple of months. Also M never got his sperm tested - do you think he should? His chromosome one was fine, but now I'm thinking could there be something wrong with his sperm.

Hello to all the other lovelies.....

Hearty - forgot to say, love those pics of that dress. You look smokin!

Cesca - I hope you're feelings like night were just a one-off anxiety hit sweetie, and that you are more positive today. If I am ever blessed to be as far along as you I wouldn't get a doppler either as I would have it permanently strapped on and never take it off. Just believe hun, all will be well.

Ok, I am off on my first trip out today to get some milk from Tesco's around the corner. small steps but a huge milestone for me just to move out of the vicinity of the kitchen and biscuit area.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Oh no! Your poor head! :hugs: I'm so sorry! But, happy you got your crisps! LOL

Its so hard when they don't react like we do. I've come to accept that Kevin will never grieve like I do. And, you want what I hate. I hate it when he says everything will be okay. It pisses me right off to hear that from my husband. So, its hard... There is no right answer sometimes.

You must eat more crisps to keep your strength up - you don't need to be checked over at hospital do you? for concussion or crisp overdose?

i LOVE ebay selling, shoes are surprisingly lucrative.

It does sound like a bit of communication might help. Its ok if he defends himself by distraction and talking to friends, as long as he gives you what you need from him too, and if he doesnt know how to, its ok to tell him as this wont necessarily make him feel that he's doing the wrong thing or to blame - you clearly dont think he is, so communicating how you feel wont make it seem that way either if its not how you feel

He's your port in a storm in this. Youre in it together.

i was too scared to get amh done. Im thinking about getting it, my friend had a good FSH result, then discovered she was menopausal off AMH.

Yes, c'mon, lets have a nosy at your results.

Re: sperm test, someone correct me if im wrong here, but if you are getting pregnant so easily, and his chromosomes are ok its prob not needed to test his sperm?

well done on leaving the Critical Biscuit Area. Very good progress. Hope you're ok mone.

Luce, you might be ov today, so af might come whenever your usual LP is over. Its extra good news if you dont usually get ewcm and you are this month. Cant have too much of that stuff.

I'll be the one who corrects you! lol Just because someone gets pregnant easily and there are no chromosomal issues, that doesn't mean that sperm can't be a problem. If there is a large number of what I call "limpy" sperm, they can still cause losses. They need to be good quality just like the eggs. Let's say a man has the potential to have super sperm... no chromosomal issues, etc... but let's say that he basically trashes his body by eating and drinking garbage, wearing tight underwear, sitting around in hot tubs... All those things that can make sperm go wonky... Then his Grade A sperm are going to be dumbed down and a bit Homer Simpson-ish. So, it is needed... because he could still be the problem... even if he's not doing that whole gambit of awful stuff... it can happen without them making terrible choices. Its just an example.

I was too scared to test AMH too! :(

Thanks Nato I just did an opk and it is positive. It is so hard to let this egg go but I know I have too. I was hoping I would get AF next week well next wed to be exact then I would be on cycle day 3 for my blood tests on friday next week which is a bit gutting as that will muck my blood tests up I think well certainly the FSH does prolactin and folic have to be done on certain days?

The thing I'm reading suggests that FSH, E2, LH, and Prolactin should all be done on CD3. I don't know about folic though.

Right I've got my results back. Doctor was a stupid mare who didn't have a clue, and told me that a 8 day luteal phase was fine. WTF!

Bear in mind that these tests were done on day 25 (6 dpo) as she said that it didn't make any difference when FSH was tested! That appears to be bollocks according to everything I've read!

FSH - 1.5
LH - 0.3
thyroid - serum TSH level 3.4 and serum free T4 level 12
progesterone - 12.5

my progesterone was then tested again on day 28 which should have been 9dpo, but AF started that day, that was 2.6 and gave me a luteal phase of 8 days with spotting starting at 5dpo

prolactin and B whatever was not tested at all!

I also asked her about hubby's sperm and got the printed results:

count - 67 million
mobility - 60%
morphology - 3%

Her guidlines were 4% morphology is normal, so his were below this. Nato, yes I read that article thanks. Hopefully, morphology will have improved when he goes back for second sample in 6 weeks time.

Have asked her to refer me to Leeds Nuffield and I have booked an appt to see the FS there on 22nd November. Might as well pay for retests for the right day and to try to get to the bottom of this short luteal phase!

Can anyone help with the results? I really don't know if they are good or bad and the Doctor seemed to be fairly clueless.

Thanks girls

FSH & LH results mean nothing really.

TSH - 3.4 & T4 - 12 -- Both are a little higher than optimal. T4 should have an upper limit of 11. So, that would be just a bit high, but its not always great to be on the outer edge of the thyroid limits even if you're in range. The TSH isn't technically high, but it is higher than optimal levels. They really prefer levels to fall between 1-2. I fall close to the 3-somethings too. I was taking stuff to balance it, but my FS didn't seem to care if I took it or not anymore. So, I ended up stopping.

progesterone - 12.5 -- Not bad. However, an 8 day LP with spotting from 5dpo is NOT good. So, that's surprising. I'd say that you could seriously benefit from progesterone supplements.

I have been tested for my folic levels but not been tested for MTHFR, remind me again what it is. I'm assuming its something they will test for on the 1st Dec at the hospital.

Sassy have watched bits of the pride of britain awards make me cry.

MTHFR is a clotting factor gene. They probably won't test you for it unless you ask. Have you been tested for Factor V Leiden?

Nato, I try and tell him what I need from him.... basically I want him to talk to me about how he feels, I want him to say 'it's going to be ok', I'm not going to leave you, but he say's by asking him to behave in a certain way I am criticising him, which I don't think I am. I keep thanking him all the time, thank you for being so nice at the hospital, thank you for cuddling me, thank you bloody thank you, but he hasn't once said you are so strong for what you're doing, i can't believe you keep bloody doing this for us, and I am so scared that I am going to keep doing this and then when he feels like it he will up and leave for some young fertile thing with perfect eggs. I need him to acknowledge that this is defeating me, he won't acknowlege that it won't happen, he is still so bloody positive and I want him to think about if it doesn't work. And he won't.

I suppose I just feel it's too early to be acting normally, I want to carry on grieving bugger it, I still don't think I have passed the pregnancy and I still don't want to get out of bed, even though I have cleaned, ebayed and cooked a frikking lasagne from scratch because I know he willl be hungry when he gets home from coaching..... god knows if he wasn't here I would still be a pile of snot on the floor, I'm trying so hard not to fall into depression, and all I want to do is to have permission to I guess.

sorry for the moan. last pour me a drink post, promise.

You gotta feel whatever you gotta feel Mone. Im really feeling for you though, you have had such a shit time - unbelievably shit.

I think trying to negotiate relationship subtlties shouldnt have to be the focus of your attention at the mo

I want him to say 'it's going to be ok', I'm not going to leave you, but he say's by asking him to behave in a certain way I am criticising him, which I don't think I am.

I think the focus seems to be on his failings, when thats not what its about. You could try the route of explaining that you are not saying this cos he is failing, but because you are drowning in your 'failings' and insecurities because of the awful stuff you are going through - tell him you need him and you want him to tell you how strong you are, because you need him on your side. He's not failing,

its so frustrating - hurt and loss can create the defenses that he seems to be putting up, can you ask him to help you? If you appeal to his protectiveness rather than him thinking its a critique, it might help?

I think part of that defence is refusing to acknowledge it might not happen, but i think this is absolutely normal. If you make any acknowledgement, the floodgates of grief might open - to accept that you might have any chance of being at the end of the road means grieving and the process of acceptance, and i think its very hard to do that unless you are able to commit to absolute acceptance - and what that will bring. You might already be going through that process, but you are closer to the physicality of it having experienced the mcs.

Im sorry Mone, im not being much help, but at the very least, i am listening xx

Nope not been tested for that. I know when we were given our appointment for bloods being done at the hospital they mentioned about testing for clotting issues.

I'm wondering whether I should cancel my blood tests and rebook for CD3 whenever that'll be. Its all so confusing.

Nato the progest was 12.5 nmol/L 6dpo
Their range was 10-81 but that seems low to me! What do you reckon?

Hey girls i havent caught up properly because im pooped i had a rotten nights sleep last night through worry so im going off to the land of nod early tonight zzzzzz :sleep:

Here is bubba pip as promised see how much i love u girls i even went n found my download cable n everything haha. Its hard to make out out unless ur told whats what but his/her head is on the left liccle arm buds & legs are the sticky out bits :cloud9:

Lov ya's xxx Caz xxx

https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=135178&stc=1&d=1289424454

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 10

Mone, you dont want Homer Simpson sperm, get his wigglers tested!!!

ps sorry its on its side i have no idea how to turn it :shrug: xxxx

Nope not been tested for that. I know when we were given our appointment for bloods being done at the hospital they mentioned about testing for clotting issues.

I'm wondering whether I should cancel my blood tests and rebook for CD3 whenever that'll be. Its all so confusing.

Its hard to say. Will you be seeing an actual person prior to the blood tests? Or, are they scheduled and then you see someone as a follow-up? I'd consider rescheduling for CD3 if you won't see an actual doctor before then.

In nmol/L, it is a bit low. It's good in american values, but Uk nmol/L it's less so - the difference in values is confusing, im trying to work out if you have ov;d at that level, some websites are saying 30nmol is required, but others are saying lower is ok, but your progesterone would be too low and youd need help with progesterone supplementation if you conceived to sustain the progesterone levels enough

your LP, its defo too short and i think youve done exactly the right thing making that appointment and getting someone who knows what they are doing to look at your results.

As megg said they can treat you, so dont worry too much, the appointment is the most important thing

ahh!! cazza, thats amazing, and almost as rotund as sassys baby!

Megg not seeing a dr before hand have an appointment with a nurse getting a smear and bloods done at the same time could ask for a telephone consultation with my dr before having the bloods done.

Caz lovely pic so happy for you :happydance:

Sugar, 12.5nmol is too low for ov I'm afraid - your fs will be able to sort all the results out, your dr has made a right old hash of them and its just adding to the confusion. xx

I don't know anything about all of these tests! I hope all your experience and googling can help you out!

I just read a disturbing article about gluten intolerance and miscarriages. I cut out gluten for awhile and felt a lot better, but I never had the actual tests. I just ate a big bowl of pasta for dinner and now I am worried. Have any of you ever been tested for this?

Megg not seeing a dr before hand have an appointment with a nurse getting a smear and bloods done at the same time could ask for a telephone consultation with my dr before having the bloods done.

Caz lovely pic so happy for you :happydance:

It would be nice to get their opinion on rescheduling.. but I'd suggest just doing the reschedule to be sure.

Sugar, 12.5nmol is too low for ov I'm afraid - your fs will be able to sort all the results out, your dr has made a right old hash of them and its just adding to the confusion. xx

That's not entirely true! The conversion makes her P4 level 3.9 ng/mL. Anything over 3 confirms some degree of ovulation. A level that low would show a VERY weak ovulation, which fits very well with her super short LP. I have incredibly low P4, but I DO ovulate as I've been pregnant twice and get a solid temp shift! So, its not actually too low for ovulation. Its just too low for quality ovulation. Treatment is a must, but ovulation can be confirmed with her level.

My FS believes that a stronger ovulation will annihilate a progesterone deficiency. He says that a quality, mature egg will bring a quality corpus luteum that will put out the proper amount of P4. So, just treating with progesterone supplements won't likely help much, because the quality of egg being released is likely not great. But, if ovulation induction therapy were used to bolster the strength of ovulation, the progesterone supplements might not be necessary at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->