Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Oh yeah, I totally laughed at reading about poor Steve and the cervix. :haha: Note to men: once you open the TTC and pregnancy can of worms, there's no telling what you'll find out.

Naughty baby don't let me eat anything anymore so you lot enjoy all your munching as one day soon the belly will be you aswell.xxxx

I havent even finished reading but couldnt stop myself telling cazza this

Go. To. Wheelans. Chippy. In. Lytham.

Its worth a trip from manchester. Seriously.

also, have none of you had chips, cheese AND gravy?? gaahhhhhhh (homer stylee)

First... It took me ages to remember that "chips" are what we call "fries"... and I was picturing you putting all of this junk on what you call "crisps"... because we call them "chips."

Now that's straight... What you're talking about it poutine, Nato. Its a Canadian food. I've never had it, but I've been told many times that I must try it! So, you're not nuts for thinkings its good... It has a name! :)

https://www.findinportland.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/poutine01.jpg

I don't do chips and gravy, but probably because I'm not northern like you nato :haha:

I DID however have chips for my dinner tonight with lots of vinegar followed by three large pickled onions. Nom nom.

Oh, Megg, poutine looks disgusting! I think it's the cheese curds. And neither Yogi or Mel are around to defend, lol.

This talk of where we're from and what we eat made me think of something funny. When I read all of your posts I hear it in an American accent and it's funny to think you all sound different-northern, southern, east west, etc. I guess the only people I can really 'hear' in my head correctly are Hearty, Jaymes and Megg!

I sound like a normal English person, with a hint of either West Country oooh aaargh farmer or a bit London innit depending on whether I am in my new home or where I grew up!

I can't hear them properly in my head either, Allie! I hate that the most! I have a few girls who I've spoken to from BnB, and they're the only ones I hear properly, I suspect. One even made a video of her speaking, and I still don't think I can hear her properly in her posts. Its just too hard! LOL I do have my own idea of what everyone sounds like though! I'm just certain I'm very wrong!

:rofl: LOL at your last post Allie!!! I try to read people's posts in their accents but then my brain automatically switches back to an American accent. Sometimes I fantasize about hearing everyone's voices! That is so funny you mentioned that.

About the guy on the bridge, they finally caught him. It was awful though. They were showing him on TV. He was on his cell phone near his car. Apparently he was talking to the police. At certain times he was putting his legs over the rail like he was going to jump. I couldn't believe they were going to show a man jump to his death on live TV. I turned my head. But he didn't jump. He ranted and raved while the police had rifles pointed at him for a few hours. He was mad because his wife cheated on him apparently. They finally apprehended him. He threw his gun off the bridge. There was no bomb in his car. I don't know what happened to his daughter. Poor girl.

Allie, I really don't think I have PCOS either. Everything has been tested and come back normal. I've actually asked other docs to look for PCOS and they've never seen anything on my ovaries. The last FS I saw did a follicle count. Surely she would have noticed. So, I doubt I have it. Thanks for thinking of me.

I don't know about all of this chips and gravy business. It doesn't sound good to me at all I'm sorry to say. I like my chips with a little salt and thats it. Vinegar isn't bad either.

Its grated cheddar i have on my chips and gravy, i honestly didnt know it had a name until the canadians claimed it.

look at cesca, giggling behind her hand like a 6 year old

i sounds like a man if that helps Allie, i have a deep voice. and i swear a lot.

I bet you can "hear" my correctly too, Allie :)
Wow, all that talk about food made me hungry!
Well it turns out I didn't get the job, mainly because they wanted an entry-level person and they claimed they were unable to match my salary. Oh well, like I said before, I have a good job here. Everything is all confusing now though because we have to decide if we want to live apart for awhile. And of course we don't want to plan anything around this baby because we know how easily things can go wrong.
Then I worry if we do live apart and something ends up happening to this one, we won't even be around each other enough to actually try again. Ugh, my brain and heart hurts right now :(

Yay for cheesecake though, Allie!
And wow, what a crazy Bay Bridge incident. Did he really have a bomb? I need to go read about this!

Hi to everyone!

Cesca, I wouldn't know the difference between West Country and London accents. Are you able to differentiate between a US Southern accent and an accent from New York or Boston?

Allie and Megg you'll appreciate this. I was raised in Massachusetts, but luckily never picked up the Boston accent. My family has it but not me. I pronounce my "R's" quite nicely. None of that "pahk the cah" business (park the car).

i can tell the difference between southern american, new yoik and california. I like samuel l jackson's accent best. I wouldnt know boston though.

british accents have a massive variety in them, theres a difference between even east and west lancashire, and go 30 miles south and you have the scouse accent, 30 miles east and you have the manc accent, and 30 miles west and you have the irish accent - all very distinct with their own dialect

No bomb Amy. You can read about it here

Wow, you have a lot to think about. So many decisions. I hope you are taking this all in stride. I believe it will all work out.

Nato, you have a deep voice? I would have never thought that. You look so petite in your pictures, I thought you would have a high voice. Not shrill, just a lovely lilt.

I swear a lot too.

Im from lancashire, and we all talk in deep voices there, its part of the accent, like most people from liverpool have high pitched voices

I've definitely heard different British accents and can tell the difference between English, Scottish and Irish. But I wouldn't know what parts people are from. Where would a cockney accent come from?

I swear alot too and talk very Essex unfortunately!!x

and i am quite strong, i can get husband in a leg lock which he cant escape from, and he's 6'2" - defo not petite or delicate.

and ive put 10 pounds on since the miscarriage, dunno what's going on there

Londoners say 'fanny' instead of 'funny'

which i think is funny, or fanny

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back