Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

We all must do some videos. I loved hearing Megg's voice. I hate being on camera, unlike Cesca, but I'll do it for you all!

We need to hear a Greek accent too.

I really dont have a strong accent I'm from West Sussex some people say I sound posh (which I dont think I do) steve describes me as well spoken!!

Sassy I know what you mean I have three brothers and no sisters.

i couldnt do this accent..... i can do new yoik though. waddaya gonna do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbK4cL3QSc0

oo yes, lets hear vicky. where is vicky

oi vick. where are ya

I got annoyed with the accents in the movie Fargo. It was a little too much for me. Allie, does it annoy you or are you used to it?

It does annoy me! Actually I should be fair, the accents in the movie are pretty poor compared to real life, as you said with Boston. But they are still very noticiable. Sometimes I hear myself saying things like I'm from here and then I try to stop myself so I can keep my neutral 'Colorado accent.'

Ahh thanks girls. Yeah hearty watch it, it is a bit disturbing. Our best man made (and starred) in the film, along with most of my other friends. I know everyone in the movie apart from the lead girl who was a hired in actress. My husband also does a little cameo ;)

When we went to California I perfected the accent - it was ace. I found the nearer we got to LA the whinier and more annoying it became, like lots of girls just being really loud and whiney! However I found San Francisco was a lot softer than the more southern areas. When we were in Italy this summer there was this really loud american couple on the train talking to these other americans and I said to my husband "she's californian, definitely more LA than anywhere else" and turns out she was from LA! haha!

That's too funny, Cesca! My friends and I used to always say 'like' after every other word, and we didn't even mean to. I think it's just how teenage girls talk!

Hahaha u girls haven't stopped all night!
I have THE strongest manc accent ever lol!! If any of you know who the band Oasis is in America that's how we speak here :rofl: I know anyone in the UK will know Oasis coz there like one of the biggest bands to ever cone outta Britain & very proudly manchester :thumbup:. Wherever we go everyone knows where were from it's embarresing sometimes my Lee has probably one of the strongest manc accents u'll ever hear haha bless him. I love the scouser accent "sound" & the cockney accent "lavvvleyyy" = lovely hehe.

The Thai food was discusting & has just been deposited in the bottom of ones toilet!! Now that's not Lavvvleyyyy at all & now I'm fricken starvin marvin listening to u lot talking about food nom nom!!! And sassy Barncake made me piss ur so cute chick xxxx

I love all American accents there so friendly just like us northerners :winkwink:

xxxx lov ya's all xxxx Caz

I love accents. Mine is quite strong, northern...slow and a bit deep, a cross between Peter Kay and Johnny Vegas :haha: (but I sound like a woman of course!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwWcWbE1v5U&feature=fvw
Johnny Vegas from my home town........

I like guessing where people are from, just from listening to them lol!

Im here but barely alive....
Right my accent is a ******* mix of Canadian, Greek and English but right now i sound like nanny fine due to severe nasal blockage! Seriously though, on a recent buisness trip to israel the receptionist at the hotel described my accent as that of an Israeli who moved to New York and has been living there for aprox. 10 years..

Im proud to say that i can differenciate between most UK accent since i lived there for 10 years and travelled around the country quite a bit. Also since UKC is quite an international UNI i met people from all over the english speaking world. Lived in Canada 13 years so yeah i got that one down and thanks to hollywood can recognise most american accents. I love the Boston accent especially the Southy lol!
Fargo oh my god, i was like if i lived in that town id be a serial killer!!

Oh, I can't play the video either Sparks!

Nato, that Boston accent one is perfect!!! As much as I hate it, I love it too. It reminds me of home. I'm just glad I don't sound like that. By now, you all probably know my last name is Hartrey (get it? Heart tree?) My grandmother used to tell me it was pronounced Ha-tree. I never believed her. There is another "r" in the name.

Cesca, LA girls are kind of whiney. I agree! Which one is your hubby in the film???

Cazza, Oasis made it big in the US too. I'm going to listen to their accents again an think of you. Sorry about the Thai.

:rofl: Vicky, the pregnant serial killer with the Greek, Canadian, English, Israeli, New York accent. It has a nice ring to it.

I loved that video, Cesca! And, for those of you saying Sookie has a "southern American" accent... Bite your effin' tongues! They have Louisiana accents... NOT southern. Kentucky and Georgia have a pure southern accent. Louisiana and Mississippi have their own b@stardized form of southern... There's also French Creole... This guy... Skip the first 45 seconds of accordion playing though! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRXcpBIteEM

This is spectacular for accents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgpfSp2t6k

Also good for a normal Louisiana "Cajun" accent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvUL0i4XtqU

And, this is as southern as it gets... Gone with the Wind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oorFyVS23ns

Those are great Megg! I especially love Amy Walker. And that first guy! Was that English?

Cesca I watched the whole video. It is great! It must be recent. Patrick Swayze only died a year ago.

Amy Walker with the 21 accents was pretty amazing! Thanks for sharing Megg.

I had no idea there were so many intracacies to the southern American accent! I would have assumed Sookie's accent was typical of the south...but as I live nearly as north as you can get in the US I suppose I'm not exposed to those accents.

I hope you feel better soon, Vicky. LOL at being a Fargo serial killer. I would love to hear your interesting sounding accent. We should all do videos!

AFM, I'm feeling so weird! All kinds of crampy twinges. I've been this way ever since my spotting yesterday, so I keep thinking the :witch: is on her way early or I'm pregnant. Because I do feel so different than normal. Something is definitely different, probably the soy. I checked my cervix, and it's still high, but I don't know what that means, I just know it feels different than usual. I really wasn't going to let myself get excited this 2ww after the doctor told me how difficult it would be, but I went out and bought a FRER three pack, so I'll be testing tomorrow (9dpo).

Allie I can't believe you are going to test tomorrow. OMG! Remember babe that it is only going to be 9 dpo. If it isn't positive tomorrow try not to let it get you down too much. There's still time. I really hope this is your turn.

Thanks hearty! :hugs: I have an internal battle going on between my brain and body, because on one hand I realize that my body isn't working properly and I did take soy which could mess me up, but on the other hand my body is sending me all kinds of new feelings. I won't be too dissapointed with a 9dpo negative, I'm prepared for it as I realize it super early but I can't help myself testing ha!

How are you feeling? Do you start the Letrozole soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->