Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

I've put on 10 pounds since my first mc too. I've lost a few and then gained them back after each mc. I know what you mean. Sigh.

Sassy, you are going to have to cover your LO's ears with all your swearing!

I've been told I have a sing songy voice and been mistaken for Welsh before. Don't know why, as I don't think geordie's remotely similar!
If you want to hear what I sound like, listen to Cheryl Cole. She was born about 10 miles up the road from me. Why aye man! :haha:

I need chips now! Have drunk 2 large glasses of wine and have a craving for junk food!

I'm off to Landan tomorrow for 2 nights. Going to Masterchef live at the Olympia and then a show on Saturday. Can't wait! :happydance:

I'm trying to stop!! Defo no swearing in front of the bambino!

I'm butch, I grew up with 2 brothers beating me up so I learnt to handle myself well!x

Crazy story, Hearty! So glad you don't sound Boston, btw. That would have likely upset the delicate balance in my head! :haha:

You guys talking about cheesecake... There's an Irish place here that has Bailey's cheesecake, and now I'm craving it like no one's business! Dammit! I intended to cook tonight! Hmmph! Not sure now!

I sound like a typical American. You've all likely heard me speak in my "trigger shot" video, though. Although, I've kicked around the idea of making a straight up talking video of myself... one that isn't in a stressful "huge needle going into my arm" situation. Maybe I will! :)

I can definitely tell the difference between American accents, particularly New York, California, Boston, Southern States (soooooookie) and so forth. Probably from watching too many movies and generally just wanting to be American most of my life!

Where I live they all sound like this (50 seconds in) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2owHROX5Ebw

But where I come from and where my parents/sister live sound a bit like London but not quite as strong.

ACTUALLY I am in this short film! Just click striaght to 6 minutes and 15 seconds (ish) in and there my voice is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJLiF5516pI

Oh hearty that sounds scary hope the daughter is alright.

Allie steves quite good with a lot of the TTC stuff but I think the thought of poking around the cervix was all a bit to much for him.

Amy your bound to be confused theres a lot for you to think about you will get there, what does your hubby think?

Wow, Amy, you do have a lot of desicions to make. :hugs: Try not to worry about something happening to the baby and think positive. Like your gluten post yesterday, maybe you're just trying to find things to worry about with the baby? And oh yeah , I always think of you as Norweigian in my head. :dohh: :hugs:

I'm glad you don't have the Boston accent, Hearty. I don't like it very much...I have a very neutral, generic Americn accent. My extended family and co-workers up here all sound like they're Canadian, though. But different.Oh yah, you betcha. If you've seen Fargo the movie you know what I mean. It's pretty funny.

I don't like London accents very much....Scottish are my favorite, of course. :) But I was really fascinated by how my hubby has a different accent than my BFF's hubby from the other side of town. They have class distinctions in their accents in Edinburgh. It's very interesting.

Ooh, Sugar, I love Newcastle accents. And Liverpool, and all northern accents generally. I think it's because I studied at Lancaster Uni and have a fondness for the region. Have fun in London!

I think Megg has brought up the only solution to this...we must all post videos of us talking!

The strong boston accent does my head in, I watched Shutter Island the other night and it got rather annoying!

My mum's from liverpool she doesnt have a strong accent anymore unless she's talking to her sister.

I don't have an accent.

OMG, Cesca, that was so great to watch! I started at 6 minutes though so I was really confused. You're so cute!!! And I LOVE your accent!

Mmm, Baileys cheesecake!

Cesca, too cute! I only got to the part where you are, but I'm going to finish watching now. What a funny, yet also disturbing, short film!

Nato, I really want to hear your voice/accent now. Deep? Interesting!

Okay, I just listend to an Essex accent and I love it, too. I think I just love all accents.

Lucy, you must have an accent! Where are you from?

haha cesca!! thats ace...and you do a good swear word too

i have voice inadequacy now.

Hmmm, I haven't seen Shutter Island, but I can tell you this much, the Boston accent is one of the hardest to imitate. Tim is a master of accents and he can't get it. Most movies I've seen with actors who aren't from Boston can't get it either. Martin Sheen did a horrible job in the Departed, and I think he's a great actor.

I got annoyed with the accents in the movie Fargo. It was a little too much for me. Allie, does it annoy you or are you used to it?

Lucy, you do too have an accent! We all do! Even if you don't think you do. I don't think I do, but if you heard me talk you would think I did. Mine is very California I think. But then again, I really don't know what a California accent is. You Brits all seem to know what it is though!

ahh, soz dawny. forgive me. (but you essex lasses have to be told)

titter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->