Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Good luck with your test tomorrow, Allie! Remember that its really sort of too early and a BFN won't mean anything.

Nope... Sookie isn't the "normal" southern accent. Louisiana and Mississippi are a special breed of fucked up! LOL

Those are great Megg! I especially love Amy Walker. And that first guy! Was that English?

Cesca I watched the whole video. It is great! It must be recent. Patrick Swayze only died a year ago.

It was sort of English... It was Creole French. Its almost impossible to understand.

Ahh sorry Megg for my southern confusion! I think of southern as louisiana and that area (think Mississipi burning) but never really think of other areas. My husband works for a big American bank (their UK branch) and his team was originally from Texas but relocated here and he worked with a Texan for ages and can do the accent.

Hearty - my husband is the shorter one of the guys trying to mug her at the end of the film! Yeah it was filmed very recently, in June/July this year I think. I know I wasn't pregnant at the time so it must have been either of those months.

Awww Megg just think of the amazing oucome, little bubba next year.xxxxx

I'm trying, Sass... Thank you. I just can't see past my own fears. I could do all of this and get nothing at the end except a broken heart at Christmas... again. Its not a good night. Sitting awake at 4am with tears running down my face is a bad sign.

I'm trying, Sass... Thank you. I just can't see past my own fears. I could do all of this and get nothing at the end except a broken heart at Christmas... again. Its not a good night. Sitting awake at 4am with tears running down my face is a bad sign.

Oh hunny don't tell me that, I wanna jump on a plane and come cheer you up. :cry:
I can only imagine how scared you feel, try look on the positive side imagine Christmas will be the most amazing one ever because you would have gone through IVF and got your BFP.xxxxxx

Oh hunny don't tell me that, I wanna jump on a plane and come cheer you up. :cry:
I can only imagine how scared you feel, try look on the positive side imagine Christmas will be the most amazing one ever because you would have gone through IVF and got your BFP.xxxxxx

I sort of wish you could jump on a plane and come cheer me up, honestly. I'm trying to imagine that... and as soon as I do I just get another wave of "Oh great, way to set yourself up for disaster when its BFN!" Its silly, I know. It would be better to expect a BFP to get through the next few weeks and then deal with the failure if it comes. But, I'm terrified! The last time I was positive was with the IUI, and we all saw what happened there. Life feels like a cruel joke right now. I don't mean to moan... I just don't know where else to go. My husband would just hug me and say "everything is gonna be fine" and that never helps. You're right... I know you're right. I'll head to bed and try to dream of a Christmas BFP. Thank you for being here for me right now, Sass. I feel very alone at this very moment... and you've made it better for me. Love you, honey! xxx

Feeling like i am missing out with all these videos as i have no sound at work!! Was too tired last night to go online so will have to wait until tonight now to watch them all . . . :(

People not from the midlands seem to think i have a bummy accent but clearly they havent heard a true brummy!!! People in the midlands think i have a posh accent . . . Working in a call center i hear all sorts of accents and my fave is either scottish or northern (ala Sean bean - YUMMY!) the glaswegian accent makes me laught though why cant they say there j's?

How is everyone this morning?

Oh Megg poor you sweetie. Hope you managed to get some sleep in the end. Try and stay positive, I know it's really hard though. I really hope you get your bfp. What date do they actually do the procedure?
X

Thanks, sugar. Since I never made it to sleep, I might as well answer you! lol I won't know until closer to the time when the procedure will be. They have to track my follicles and whatnot to see how fast they mature. But, the estimate is Dec 10-12 for embryo transfer. It could be sooner or later... but those are the most probable dates.

I swear, I'm going to really try to sleep soon. Luckily, I don't have a job. That's a blessing right now.

Megg hun i really feel for you...My cousin is going through her first ivf and the hormones are really giving her a hard time. Shes dealing with it by crocheting baby clothes. apparently the combination of keeping her hands busy, and making things for her forever baby has really helped.
Remember you can always come here and bitch and moan all you want, we are here for you!

Just stopping by to say HI girls!

Sorry the BCP is still giving you problems Megg.
Good luck Allie.
And for my 2 cents, Virginia is a slurry of accents. Some people have a real southern drawl, some a nutral, and since we have military bases we all sorts of people to muddy it all up. I am personally from upstate New York so I am kinda a combo between NY and VA. Funny thing is people from VA pick up the NY accent and people from NY pick up the southern accent. Doen't help that my husband is a southern boy!

aww meg :hugs: xxxxx

good luck allie

a little update , still no AF ...11 days late now :D ....and tons of CM ... ( sorry too much info ) lol ...X

hope yous get ur BFP!! :dust: 2 u all :D :D :D ...X

:hugs: Megg. It will all be worth it in the end, I have faith in that. I hope you are sleeping soundly right about now.

Good luck Daniele!

AFM, thanks for the all well wishes, but it was clearly BFN. I feel rather silly for wasting a FRER on 9dpo! :dohh: Oh, well. It has brought me back to earth at least. I was having all kinds of strange dreams last night and in one I figured out my 'symptoms' are probably just increased progesterone over other cycles. It would make sense.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Sorry Allie. It definitely could be the progesterone at work. If the soy did what it was supposed to do, it made a stronger egg. That means the progesterone production will also be better. It doesn't mean you don't have a soy bean brewing in there though.

Megg I wish you could be done with the damn BCP's already. 2 more days right? I know what you mean about going through all of this and still not having the security of knowing it will be a positive outcome. You don't want your husband to tell you it will be alright. You want him to tell you there will be a baby at the end of this. But you don't need empty words, you need them to be fact. I get that totally. I wish someone could tell us with certainty what the future holds.

Daniele when are you testing? Good luck.

I start my meds today. I hope it works! My girlfriend who recently had her first mc and is now pregnant again is going in for her 6 week 3 day scan. She is so scared. I offered to go with her. She said if her husband was out of town she was going to ask me. But he will be in town. I felt honored. Please keep your fingers crossed for her. She's 38 and has no children yet.

Have a great Friday!

FX for your friend, Hearty. I hope her scan brings good news; please keep us updated. Hurray for starting your meds! Today is the first day of a new journey for you. Can you imagine how nice it will feel to ovulate earlier? I know I can appreciate that!

Megg I hope you manage to get some sleep sorry the BCP is making you feel so horrid. Try and focus on the positives I really hope it works for you and you get your christmas BFP. :hugs:

Hearty I'm so exicted for you starting your meds and keeping everything crossed for you. Thinking of your friend we all know how scary scans after after a loss I wish her all the best and pray that everthing is alright with her little one.

AFM: well I've got a cold :growlmad: not impressed hoping I'll shift it soon and the weather is miserable here so haven't ventured out the house today hopefully it will be better tomorrow as steve and I are going christmas shopping.

Hi Lucy,

Sorry to hear about the cold. In conjunction with the poor weather it makes for a rough environment. I think it sounds like a good day to cozy up with a cup of tea, a blanket, and a good book or a nap! Christmas shopping sounds like a lot of fun. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->