Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

P.S. Spending the day in bed with LOTR and ordering food in seems like utter HEAVEN! Damn my husband and his 'have to see the family' ways.....

I stopped watching Dexter i think after the second season. I was sure they were gonna catch him, im guessing hes still the bayside murderer???

Hearty im not too crazy about xmas either, but i have to go to Alex's family annual christmas which i only get through by drinking myself into oblivion. I might not be feeling well on Xmas this year lol!!!

Hopefully I won't be able to drink on Christmas either! We'll see.

I'm on season 3 of Dexter and man has it gotten good. I don't want to give anything away, but suffice it to say, he is still in his murdering ways.

I love Michael C. Hall. I especially loved him as David in Six Feet Under. That show rocked my world.

Vicky, happy 23 weeks!

:haha: I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreads Christmas with the in-laws. Well, I suppose I kind of enjoy it but everyone is so drunk! :wacko: And they're too formal for my liking. I absolutely love all of the British Christmas traditions though.

LOL at your strop Allie, hope your mood passes soon.x

When are you visiting Scotland next??

Yeh I know, he got a girl preggo at 18 from a one night stand in his first year in the Army!!!

Well, we are hoping over the Christmas holidays but tickets are like $1300 each right now. We usually go every December. Actually we were meant to go in October but I decided not to book it because I thought I'd be pregnant. Oh, well. Maybe I actually will be pregnant at Christmas.

Hearty and Cesca, I totally understand. My due date is right at New Years so I know it's going to be in the back of my mind...

Hearty babes im really hoping you cant drink over the holidays too!!!!
Ok ill be downloading Dexter again, and six feet under hmmm never heard of that one...will google and see if its worth downloading.

Allie you dont know what formal is until youve been at alex's big family Christmas....Its so stuffy you need a respirator to breathe hahaha!!! The food is so pretentious but very new money if that makes any sense....CRAP CRAP CRAP

LOL Lucy! Well, rubbish TV sounds just as fun. :) I also looove Christmas shopping, but haven't even started thinking about it yet. You're very organized! And thanks, I was feeling dissapointed but now I'm feeling all crampy again so I feel hopeful. Unless if AF 4 days early, in which case I will go beyond dissapointed into pissed off!

Good morning, Megg. Hopefully the next 7 days of BCP will go by quickly. Do you have something fun to look forward to in the next week that you can focus on? Or try to focus on?

Raz, that's such a good price! :thumbup:

I can't really say I do have anything fun next week to look forward to. I look at it this way though... One dose is tonight. That barely counts. Then, the weekend always flies by. So, next thing I know, it'll be Monday morning. I start my shots Sunday morning, and time moved very quickly when I was waking up each morning to stab myself. So, if Monday comes around quickly... Wednesday is my last dose. Then, its over. I guess its only 6 days, not 7.

I do all my chrismas shopping on Christmas Eve!

megg hope youre feeling better hun, have you been getting any sleep?

Hearty WoohOO for starting the meds, ill be laoading you up with PMA on a daily basis girl!!!

I still feel like utter crap, along with the flu pains my whole body aches from all the sneezing. I have been eating everything in sight out of boredom so i feel like a total cow as well. If i dont get better soon im afraid what might happen to my ass...

I've been sleeping... just not when I should. :( I sleep most of the day away at this point.

Damn, Vicky and Lucy are ill. My poor girls. I hope those jerky germs get the hell out of your systems soon.

Megg, damn to 7 more days of the stupid BCPs. If you hate them, I hate them. (Actually I was on them for 17 years and loved them, but now I hate them for your sake!!!)

Allie, damn the moods. I know that feeling all too well. I've been a hormonal mess the last week. Does murdering your husband during the tww count as murder? Can it be considered self-defense? (I'm addicted to Dexter right now and have murder on the brain).

Sorry if I don't contribute to the Christmas conversation. I really don't celebrate it much and with it being the 2 year anniversary of my first mc on Christmas Eve, I really don't like the day much at all. Tim and I like to stay in all day and watch Lord of The Rings and order Thai. That's about it. If I ever have a baby, I will be excited to celebrate it.

Thank you for hating them for my sake! LOL I hate them enough for both of us!

Hopefully I won't be able to drink on Christmas either! We'll see.

I'm on season 3 of Dexter and man has it gotten good. I don't want to give anything away, but suffice it to say, he is still in his murdering ways.

I love Michael C. Hall. I especially loved him as David in Six Feet Under. That show rocked my world.

Vicky, happy 23 weeks!

Season 3?!?! Like, Miguel? :shock: You're that far behind? Season 4... ugh... uhm... It was weird. And, this season is even weirder. Season 3 was good... I still love it, but I think its gone downhill from there.

Sorry that so many of you are feeling rubbish. :hugs: That sucks!!!

Christmas... Oh jeez! I actually love Christmas despite it being awful last year. I haven't started shopping the way I want to though. No ideas! I'm getting really neurotic to have not started yet! I'm more organized and methodical than this! LOL

So, any weekend plans for anyone?

One quick question... I've been taking my BCP at about 10pm. What would happen if I took the last one Wednesday afternoon so I could be done sooner? Would it do anything bad? Or do I just need to live in misery for one more night?

I say take it in the afternoon Megg! I really don't see it being that big a deal personally.

Yeah, Miguel is quite "interesting." He just fulfilled his fantasy if you know what I mean. Oh, I don't want it to go downhill!

Vicky, Six Feet Under was amazing. It is based on a family who runs a funeral home. It is the same guy who does True Blood. I like it better than True Blood to be honest. The characters are very complex. Tim and I mourned for a few weeks after we watched the last episode. It was just that good.

I really don't know what my obsession with death is. Dexter, True Blood, Six Feet Under. I also work with the elderly and there is a lot of death in my line of work. Man, now I feel morbid.

Yes allie they are picks. Sorry your hormones are abit all over the place hope you feel better.

Hearty I totally understand that it must be a hard time for you I'm glad you have Tim to support you :hugs: This chirstmas will be weird for us we should have a tiny baby this chrsitmas or at least be pregnant I think its why I'm throwing myself into the christmas shopping and getting ready for christmas so I think about over things than what we should have if that makes sense.

Oh and murdering your hubby during the TWW is totally self defensive I've always said to steve that no court in the world would find my guilty if I killed him just before my period I swear he used to wind me up on purpose untill I snap at him.

Vicky I hope you feel better soon.

Megg I dont think it would make a difference I say take it in the afternoon.

Hearty - I loved, loved, loved six feet under. I was gutted when it finished, so quirky it was fab. woo hoo to the meds today :happydance: i'm back on my clomid and having a hot flush as I type!!

Megg - I agree with the others, just take it.....get the goddamn things out of the way :hugs: hugs btw bcp's are b#stards for you......but they'll be done soon enough, keep your eyes on the prize chicka x

I say take it in the afternoon Megg! I really don't see it being that big a deal personally.

Yeah, Miguel is quite "interesting." He just fulfilled his fantasy if you know what I mean. Oh, I don't want it to go downhill!

Vicky, Six Feet Under was amazing. It is based on a family who runs a funeral home. It is the same guy who does True Blood. I like it better than True Blood to be honest. The characters are very complex. Tim and I mourned for a few weeks after we watched the last episode. It was just that good.

I really don't know what my obsession with death is. Dexter, True Blood, Six Feet Under. I also work with the elderly and there is a lot of death in my line of work. Man, now I feel morbid.

It just gets weird! I obviously won't give it away at all... but the dynamic start to change rapidly in the next 2 seasons. This season... Its not a good sort of weird. Its just awkward. But, I do think the last 2 episodes have been a bit better. So, maybe its falling into its groove. I'm trying to cut them some slack, because Michael C Hall was battling cancer during the filming. He's luckily all better now! But, you can tell he isn't himself in Season 5, before he went into remission.

I love death related shows too. One of my favorites was Dead Like Me with Ellen Muth. OMG! I adored it until they ripped it off the air and away from me! :( It was about certain people dying and then being chosen to be grim reapers. So, they would post-it notes with a first initial, last name, time, date, and location and they had to find the person who was going to die and help their soul get safely to the other side, because the people couldn't cross over on their own. It was so weird but really good. Because the main girl was only 18 when she died. I dunno... Look it up if you haven't seen it!

Based on you, Luce, and Gaynor thinking its okay, I'm totally taking it earlier Wed to get it over with! :)

I still don't really understand what it is about BCP's that effect me so much. :shrug:

Ok, I'm going to look up Dead Like Me.

Sparkly, I'm glad you loved Six Feet Under too! I loved the psychology of all the characters. So well done!

Megg, I was sad when Michael C. Hall got cancer. But sadder still that he married his sister on the show. He left his wife for her and she kind of annoys me. Oh well, I hope he's happy and cancer free!

Oh god his sister is soooo annoying! One of the reasons i stopped watching it was cause i couldnt stand her...

My sister is a scenes of crime officer so always tells me a lot about death and watches these programmes, I watched the first couple of episodes of Dexter but couldn't really get into it...wish I kept at it really.

I much prefer a ridiculously disturbingly sick book instead. I read one on honeymoon which was so disturbing it really wasn't honeymoon-compatible!!

Megg, I loved Dead Like Me... Now I have to watch Six Feet Under an Dexter. I am going to go to netflix right now to find out if it is in their watch instantly stash!
Sorry BCP's suck for you. They did nothing for my mood, but man they made me pack on the lbs! That is the only reason I hated them!

Yeah Vicky, the sister annoys me to no end. But I can overlook her because I love Dexter so much.

Cesca what was the book??? Oooh, your sister must see all sorts of gore. Not sure I could handle it in real life.

Jaymie, the first 2 seasons of Dexter are on Instant Netflix. Not sure about Six Feet Under. If I had to choose one or the other, I would choose Six Feet Under.

Cesca what was the book??? Oooh, your sister must see all sorts of gore. Not sure I could handle it in real life.

She does quite well, there's only been a few cases that have really 'got' her in the 6 or so years she's done it. It's not all traumatic murders or anything exciting, mostly it's sudden deaths that have gone unnoticed (so are a bit messy) or suicides. She got called out on xmas day a few years ago to a hanging and came back smelling all weird. I told her she smelt of death! I couldn't do it!

The book was The Treatment by Mo Hayder. It's part of a series and the first one is Birdman which is meant to be very good and helps you understand the treatment more, but I read the other one first!

Ok, I'm going to look up Dead Like Me.

Sparkly, I'm glad you loved Six Feet Under too! I loved the psychology of all the characters. So well done!

Megg, I was sad when Michael C. Hall got cancer. But sadder still that he married his sister on the show. He left his wife for her and she kind of annoys me. Oh well, I hope he's happy and cancer free!

I know! Its SO creepy that he married his sister! :(

Megg, I loved Dead Like Me... Now I have to watch Six Feet Under an Dexter. I am going to go to netflix right now to find out if it is in their watch instantly stash!
Sorry BCP's suck for you. They did nothing for my mood, but man they made me pack on the lbs! That is the only reason I hated them!

Ya know, I think I actually have gained weight since starting them. And, it didn't help that I was on a steroid too. I'm already fat... FFS, can't they leave me alone and not make me take things that cause weight gain?!

I LOVE that you loved Dead Like Me. No one has ever heard of it when I mention it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->