Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Well girls, my friend said you all must have sent her too many good vibes because they saw 2 strong heartbeats. She is shitting herself right now. She never wanted twins and her husband only wanted one child. She feels awful for even feeling this way. She feels like she should be happy, but she isn't. I feel so bad for her. I told her I would take one! I also told her about VTS after Sassy had mentioned it. She goes in for another scan in 2 weeks. She took Letrozole this cycle.

Honestly, I'd be psyched with twins and if Letrozole can give them to me, I say bring it on!

Crazy, this ttc business! Even when we get what we want, it isn't always exactly how we planned it. Please don't think she is a bad person, she's just terrified.

Wow, hearty! That's quite the news she got. I don't think she's a bad person. I would be equally as terrified! What I worry about with twins is a greater chance of complications and also premature babies, so I understand where she's coming from. Not to mention worrying about how I would be able to take care of two, etc. But, I imagine with time I would grow happy with the idea, and I think she will, too. It's just a shock! At least it's a good example of Letrozole working. :)

Well, I cannot say I'm with you guys on the death shows. I go for TV drama but more of the fantasy route- I was really into Lost, Heroes. I also love some fantasy type shows that got prematurely cancelled, like Eli Stone. Actually most of my favorite shows have been cancelled (I was really into The OC, Ugly Betty....basically if I love it, it's a goner). I like the idea of Dexter though and everyone's always telling me to watch it, maybe I will. I think Six Feet Under would disturb me too much.

I think Dexter is much more disturbing than Six Feet Under to be honest. It is so much darker. But that's just me. I also loved Lost and Heroes. Though I stopped watching Heroes for some reason and now I'm not sure I could catch up. And I know you share my love for Lord of the Rings type stuff!!!

I stopped watching Heroes, too. It's cancelled now, yeah? I think I stopped after season 3, it just seemed finished to me.

I guess I don't know much about Dexter, but my reasoning is that Dexter kills bad guys and in Six Feet Under they're dealing with the deaths of regular people? I don't know if that makes sense.

That is true, but the focus in Six Feet Under really isn't about the dead people. It's about the living. It's about the complexities of life and relationships. There are certainly dead people in the show, but they are almost comic relief.

In Dexter, he does kill the bad guys, but it is graphic. I actually turn my head sometimes.

I didn't know Heroes got canceled. It makes sense to me though. Probably because people like us stopped watching!

I'm about to leave work and go take my first pills. The next question is...to go to the gym or not?

BTW, Allie, what ever happened with your long lost sister? I haven't heard much about that part of your life in a while.

Well, at first my sister (I just love typing that hehe) and I emailed a bunch back and forth to get to know each other, and now are texting and facebooking and just kind of taking it slow. She's been talking with our dad on the phone once a week. She was meant to come out for Thanksgiving but I think she's a little nervous, which is to be expected, so now she's shooting for some time in December. I REALLY can't wait to meet her! But my parents and I are trying to give her the space she needs, even though that's hard for me since I'm so excited about meeting her. She has a really poor relationship with her mom, and actually was raised in foster care. :( This was from about the time she was eight, and they couldn't find my dad! He has a really common name and last name, and as they had moved away from Arizona at this point so had my parents....so that kind of bothers me. It was such a mess at the time, with our dad trying to be in touch and my sister's mom's family yanking her away (I don't know if I mentioned my dad was 30 and her mom was only 20 and still pretty much being controlled by her dad). Also, my dad wouldn't marry her as he was still in love with my mom (and obviously they got back together as I'm here, and they're still together). So yeah, I can't help but think of a lot of 'what ifs' since she was in foster care and then raised by her grandma, instead of us. She had a stable family out there all along and couldn't find them! She is incredibly successful and seems really happy, though, so I try to focus on that. Also, I believe that things turn out for a reason and I believe in a grand design, so I feel like this was meant to play out as it did, or maybe I might not have even been born. So yeah, it's going well, I think. I'm sure it's very strange for her, especially as our dad is very senstive and open with his emotions and always talking to her about that kind of thing, haha!

Wow, that was kind of long winded of me, sorry. :blush: Alex and I are off to play on the Wii, he keeps calling me over to the couch but I'm typing away.

Did you end up at the gym? Any plans for this weekend?

No gym. Bad me. No real plans. I'm facilitating a family meeting on Sunday. Not really excited about mediating a feuding family on a Sunday to be honest. Luckily I can take another day off during the week since I'm working on Sunday.

That is so awesome how open you are to accepting her into your life. I bet a lot of people would be jealous. It is really sad she ended up in foster care but I also believe that it happened for a reason. Things would be totally different if they didn't play out the way they did. I can't wait to hear how the first meeting goes!

Just took my pills. I keep feeling like I'm supposed to feel something. LOL!

Working on Sunday doesn't sound fun at all, but it is nice to get a weekday off. They're good for errand running!

Do you feel any different yet? I know what you mean, I kept expecting to feel something with the soy but the only time I've felt any different is now. Actually I think I'm coming down with something. :( I just feel lousy, and have developed chills and nausea. I don't think the chills are a pregnancy symptom, nor nausea this early. I had the flu shot but I suppose it doesn't cover everything...there's something going around on this thread :haha: with everyone getting sick.

It'll be so cool to meet your sister, Allie! Exciting!

Yes, Heroes was definitely cancelled! LOL It was sort of awful at the end.

And, OMG @ your friend with the twins, Hearty! Jessa got triplets from Femara/Letrozole! I hope she comes around to it! I'm sure its a lot to take in.

Wow that's fab news about your mate Amanda, I'm sure she will come around soon enough. Good luck with your meds, you must be very excited to get back to TTC.xxx

I have no idea what Dexter is?? I have never watched any of the other programmes either, I don't like morbid stuff at all! I must say I love old people though, I just LOVE them, they are so cute and I would love to work with them, not wiping there bums though!!

Aww Allie I hope your sister does make it over soon, you shouldn't feel bad about her up bringing it's not your fault, it's sound like she's doing well for herself so that's good. When you testing again?? I can't believe how expensive you airfare is, apparently flight prices are going to go up alot next year, no one will be able to afford to go away soon!xx

My Mum has her new fancy man over this weekend, she has gone to stay in London for fear of being seen with him, I'm so bitter about it I just want her to get back with her ex, oh well!

Anyone got any exciting plans this week??xxxx

PS I forgot to add, where's Amy?? How are you doing?xxxxx

Sorry about your mum and the ex, Sassy. Its so hard when people break up.

P.S. I should have "in progress" pics of my nursery up tomorrow. Its taking shape! :)

OMG Megg that's so exciting, I can't wait to see the pics.xxx

Sassy sorry about your mum that must be so hard, hows your brother doing with it?

Hearty I am so happy to hear your friends scan went well and oh my god to twins I dont think shes a bad person it must be a massive shock I know I would be in shock and the thought of twins can be scary but I have no doubt she'll be alright and soon be exicted about her two bundles of joy. :happydance:

I'm exicted you've started your meds hoping this is your month.

Allie I'm so pleased you have contact with your sister and really hope you get to meet her soon. It all very exicting but must feel a bit scary as well.

:happydance: to meggs in progress pic's cant wait to see how its all coming a long.

AFM: well I'm off out in a bit I had a horrid night I had all my pregnancy symptoms back last night nausea boobs hurting well not hurting but uncomfortable crazy high temp I felt like I was on fire last night exactly how I felt before I found out I was pregnant last time I know I can't be which sucks its like my body is messing with which I think its a bit cruel. Guess it means AF is on its way. Also sneezing like anything. Right off to do some chirstmas shopping and on a happy note my brothers got his little girl this weekend so I get to see my gorgeous niece and a big hug from her always cheers me up.

Thanks everyone! :hugs:

Well, Sassy, no real plans this weekend for me. We were planning on driving to Minneapolis to do a bit of a city weekend but it's snowing there, so now I'm not too sure. I would love to get away, though.

I'm sitting in my PJs but I bet you guys in the UK are all out shopping right about now, lucky! :)

Lucy, it does sound so cruel that your body is messing with you like that. I hope you enjoy your day out and seeing your niece and feel better soon. xx

Megg, I can't wait to see some nursery pics! :)

Can any charters have a look at my chart? I tested BFN again today, 10 dpo. Of course my brain starts playing tricks on me and now I'm hoping my chart is wrong and I'm only 9dpo, ha! Because FF has me ovulating before my CBFM peak as I mentioned before, and that just seems weird to me.

Sassy sorry about your mum that must be so hard, hows your brother doing with it?

Hearty I am so happy to hear your friends scan went well and oh my god to twins I dont think shes a bad person it must be a massive shock I know I would be in shock and the thought of twins can be scary but I have no doubt she'll be alright and soon be exicted about her two bundles of joy. :happydance:

I'm exicted you've started your meds hoping this is your month.

Allie I'm so pleased you have contact with your sister and really hope you get to meet her soon. It all very exicting but must feel a bit scary as well.

:happydance: to meggs in progress pic's cant wait to see how its all coming a long.

AFM: well I'm off out in a bit I had a horrid night I had all my pregnancy symptoms back last night nausea boobs hurting well not hurting but uncomfortable crazy high temp I felt like I was on fire last night exactly how I felt before I found out I was pregnant last time I know I can't be which sucks its like my body is messing with which I think its a bit cruel. Guess it means AF is on its way. Also sneezing like anything. Right off to do some chirstmas shopping and on a happy note my brothers got his little girl this weekend so I get to see my gorgeous niece and a big hug from her always cheers me up.

He's not dealing with it so well, my parents had a terrible divorce 17 years ago (wow that went quick) and we all got dragged through the courts etc I know this break up is no where near as bad but my bro was so affected by my parents breaking and he said it's brought up so awful emotions that he cannot cope with. I'm sure he will be just fine!

Sorry you were feeling rubbish last night I hope Xmas shopping has made you feel a little better and of course seeing you niece.xxxxx

Sassy all that business wife your mom sounds stressful. I'm sorry you and your brother have to deal with it. At least she knows about your huh though.

Megg looking forward to pics!

Lucy sorry about your body. Perhaps you ov'd and you are feeling symptoms of a progesterone rise.

Allie I looked at your chart. It is impossible to say exactly when you ov'd. It could have been in the middle of the night so maybe you are 9 1/2 dpo. Why do you want to be 9 dpo instead of 10 dpo? A bfn means nothing this early don't forget.

Luce - That is cruel! :( The shopping and hugs from your niece sound fab though. Enjoy!

Allie - You could totally be 9dpo instead. And your chart looks amazing!

Sassy - That sucks for your brother... and you. Any long relationship ending is a bit like divorce. The emotions are the exact same whether there was a wedding or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->