Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Wow... I don't know anything about any of this. But, Congrats to Nato for meeting people I don't recognize, as it seems to be very exciting. LOL

Wow, Nato, seeing those pics just made my day! :) Cher is tall, or you're short, I don't know which. Maybe it's her shoes!

How amazing you got VIP passes.....what was it like backstage? What do you think of Aiden leaving, did you get to talk to him at all?

How is everyone on this Monday? I'm still feeling rough, and can't wait for a nap. One of the students came up and said to me, "Mrs. Mitchell, you look awful. You're all pale and have huge dark circles under your eyes." Gee, thanks! :p

Aww Alle :hug:

Way to go Nato! I don't watch, but it looks like a BLAST! X Factor is like American Idol correct?

AFM... I am ashamed to say that I am only just now catching up as I have been away all weekend curled up on my couch ignoring the world watching Dexter on Netfilx. I've gotten to season 1 episode 10. That is 10 hours of television this weekend. I am surprised I got anything else done!

Hey girls! Wow, Nato, you're like, totally famous it seems!

Sorry about the BFN, Allie. Mondays are a bitch!

Hi everyone else!! :hi: :hi:

Hi Amy, how are you feeling?

Jaymie, what do you think about Dexter? Given you did a marathon this weekend, I'm guessing you like it! I have one more episode in Season 3.

Allie, that's some pretty awful feedback you got today. Sounds like you do need a nap. Go home straight after work and put your feet up. Can Alex make you dinner tonight? You need some rest.

Dexter kind of creeps me out. It's not scary, but makes me wonder. Totally normal looking guy who likes to Kill people, and taught how to get away with it... Makes me shiver. I keep thinking about it today at work. I wonder if anyone would notice if I watch on my iPhone.

Me too, so sorry Allie. Roll on home time and defo get alex to make you dins.xxxx

Jaymes, I've been watching it on my iPhone. I watch it on the eliptical machine at the gym and on the bus to work. I'm totally obsessed. On Friday night, I even took my phone to bed with me and watched an episode before falling asleep.

Aww allie you poor thing kids really say what they think sounds like you should put your feet up and relax hope you feelo better soon. Sorry about the BFN big :hugs: to you.

Amy how are you feeling?

AFM: Cold is a lot better which is good. Been getting lots of craping today no bleeding but think AF is on its way, which means it will probably kick in wed/thurs when I'm teaching.

Oh Lucy, I'll be so happy for you once you get this AF over with. I'm sorry you'll be teaching when she hits. What is the plan afterward. I know you have an appointment in early December for tests. Are you going to wait until you have results back before ttc again?

Aww Lucy, sorry about the cramping...I hope the HB doesn't stick around for too long!
OMG, I love Dexter! I watched every episode when I was home for a couple of weeks when I was sick last winter. It's amazing! The new season is pretty cool too so far, I think.
Have you guys seen Breaking Bad? We had a marathon of that show a few months ago and I cannot wait for it to start back up again. It's freaking awesome.

I am OK, had kind of a rough weekend, mainly because we decided that DH is going to take the job down by Oslo and commute on Thursday nights for the weekend. Still worrying all the time, but there's no point in that. I got 2-3 weeks on the digital yesterday (hadn't tested since last Wednesday) so things are progressing at least. I have little cramps here and there, more like sharp cramps for just a few seconds, nothing like AF cramps. My boobs are pretty sore most of the time too. I haven't had any morning sickness yet though....

We looked at a new flat tonight. It's wonderful! The building was used during WWII as barracks for the German soldiers who invaded Norway. It has been completely renovated now with everything super modern and fancy. The real kicker? It's across the street from my in-laws. They came with us to the viewing tonight and are incredibly excited that we might be living there. We're going to put an offer on it tomorrow! Which means I better start getting our flat ready to go on the market!

Big changes ahead....

Amanda we were told we could start trying after having bloods done on 1st Dec so I think we will but will have a chat with them to see what they think and how long the results will take. I think we will approach it with a NTNP attitiude from dec untill we get results back.

Wow amy you have a lot going on good luck with putting an offer in and selling your place. Sore boobs are a good sign I'm sure everything will be alright for you try not to worry to much.

Ooh, Dexter! I'm actually okay with the whole thing. In fact, I don't even know if I'd be all that upset to be with someone like Dexter. I mean, I'd always feel safe. Just think of someone messed with me... DEATH! :haha:

Its nice to see you, btw, Jaymie! :hugs:

Sorry and :hugs: to those of you having a bad day. :( I don't like bad days in here!

AFM... I have some news... sort of. No one called me or anything, but I only just read through the legal crap I need to get notarized... and there was more than just random legal jargon. My clinic (SIRM) routinely does ICSI with Assisted Hatching on ALL cases unless the patient requests in writing not to! So, my fear of total fertilization failure sort of dissipated. I know its technically still possible, but unlikely at best. Assisted Hatching also gives me extra hope! I'm a little less scared and a little more excited! :happydance:

Megg thats fantastic :happydance: I'm glad you have hope and you are feeling a little exicted, your bound to feel a little scared we are all hear wishing you the best and sending lots of PMA.

Thanks, Luce! I'm feeling a lot more relaxed suddenly. Some of the guess work is gone again. They're leaving very little to chance.

P.S. Just realized that some of that might not mean much to you girls.

IVF = eggs are placed in a dish with sperm and nature hopefully takes its course

ICSI = sperm are sucked up one at a time into a 10micrometer sized needle and injected into the egg through the zona pellucida (shell type structure) and into the cytoplasm... normally the sperm have to work all of that out themselves just to fertilize the egg... and it can be trickier if there are stubborn eggs or limpy sperm... very little chance left for fertilization failure

assisted hatching = a hole 30micrometers in size is made into the zona pellucida so that the embryo can more easily break through and implant... normally, they embryo has to burst through unassisted to have even a chance at implantation (think chick with egg tooth in a chicken egg)... but the assisted hatching process raises the odds of successful implantation

LOL Thanks for explaining Megg as I had no idea what it meant, fab news chick, so exciting for you to really get going.xxxx

Thanks megg I wasn't sure so googled assisted hatching and ICSI then saw your post.

I am so exicted for you :happydance:

Megg thats great news babes! Im also constantly impressed with how much you know about everything connected to babymaking! Defo persue a career in this field!

Amy sounds like you have alot going on in the near future! The new flat sounds dead charming...Post some pics when you get a chance.

Hearty i downloaded the first season of 6 feet under, will start watching 2morrow!

Thanks for the definitions Megg. I knew what ICSI was but not assisted hatching. You just saved me some time googling. Wow, that is really, super duper incredible. I am so freaking excited for you!!!

Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind a man like Dexter either. Definitely safe with him!!! And he's pretty cute too. Especially without his shirt on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->