Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Sassy it sounds a lot like thanksgiving!

Since we don't do a big Xmas, Tim and I make eggs Benedict and roasted potatoes and have champagne on Xmas. Then we watch movies. Sounds similar to what you and Danny do. You'll be in the 2nd tri for Xmas this year!

:wacko: That sound's crazy, it definately hasn't even sunk in yet! :wacko:

:hi:

Thanks for all your kind words and support. Well I havnt gone tonight the bleeding is heavier and the pain is worst add to that the fact I'm dizzy and all over the place decided I really wasnt up to being sat in a resturant. If it had been close enough to come home then I may have gone but we would be staying at my BIL's house which is normally fine but as I dont know heavy the bleeding may get I know I'll feel a bit uncomfortable and to be honest just want to be in my pj's with my hot water and go to bed when I need to. Steve was great really understanding he nearly didnt go himself as didnt want to leave me but I told him he had to it was his mums birthday and I would be fine just going to curl up with my hot water bottle.

Dawny I am so exicted for you.

Sassy this christmas is going to be so lovely for you and all the food sounds good my mum does a ham for boxing day and we have turkey with all thr trimmings on christmas day.

Hearty your thanksgiving sounds lovely.

:hugs:

Yay, Dawn! :hugs: Congrats!

Oh Yogi you poor thing. I hadn't realised your mc was so recent. Your friend sounds extremely insensitive. I too can't believe she left you crying, that's terrible! I fell out with one pg mate after my mc, as she was really insensitive and I snapped at her. Rather than try and sort it out with me, she deleted me off fb. I've now come to the conclusion, that she wasn't a very good friend to have anyway and I'm better off without her. Some people can be so damn selfish!

Lucy sweetie, if you don't feel like going out tonight, then don't go. I'm sure everyone would understand. Cuddle up in front of the tv and watch X Factor instead if you're not feeling up to it. You've been through so much, and your pain must still be very raw.:hugs:

Megg from what I've read yesterday on the internet, I think the effect of the levels of TSH is very much down to the individual. One person may have a level of 3 and not feel too bad on it, another could have the same and feel pretty rotten. I'm hoping the FS will take me seriously on Monday. The bloke Professor Balen that I'm seeing is supposedly an expert in the north of England, and helped my friend have her first baby through IVF. She's says he's not very friendly, but really knows his stuff, so fingers crossed! Do you know if he will able to prescribe meds for it if he decides it's a problem, or would I have to see my own NHS crap Doc again?

I've finally moved back into my house after living at my Mum's for 2 weeks. Frantically cleaning the place, and just found a dead mouse behind the fridge. Nice! Good to be back though and get access to my laptop again :happydance:

Have a good day everyone
x

He should be able to prescribe. I hope he takes you seriously.

Wow what a fab day, I wish we had that!!!

So what do you eat on Xmas Day??xx

We do Xmas over a few days. One night, we have things like cold sandwiches and crisps with dip, and a multitude of soups. Xmas day usually does involve a ham. But, we don't do as much Xmas day as we do on Xmas Eve. I'm not sure why that is though.

Lucy, I'm so glad you were able to stay home. I'm not glad that you are bleeding and in pain, but it's good that you can just relax and not have to put on a smile when you don't feel like it. Just snuggle up with a soft blanket and get yourself as comfy as possible.

Thank you amanda was a bit upset when steve left burst into tears as he left the house he put his things in the car and came back to give me a hug as he could hear me crying felt much better after a hug. I am curled up under my blanket watching tv.

Hi girls,

Dawny, congrats on the BFP! I can't wait to see picture, I love looking at lines (after being so sick of stark white BFNs).

Lucy, I hope you have a nice cozy evening with your hot water bottle. I totally understand not wanting to stay at someone's house with AF. :hugs:

Hearty, Harry Potter stuck really close to the book, which I was happy about. I'm a purist! But, they had to leave so much out, even with splitting it. I look forward to hearing what you and others thought of it. As for my blood tests, I got the fertility panel the hospital here does, which included a lot of things I've had tested before-FSH, TSH, LH, DHEA, Testosterone, Prolactin, etc. But they're stesting Eostradil (sp?) which I've not had tested.

Oh, crap, that's the doorbell! Will get back to you in a bit haha.

Thanks Allie, how are you feeling?

Its quite in here tonight hope everyone is having a lovely evening.

Where's Nato?

:hugs:

Hey girls sorry I haven't been around much like I told sass in her journal I haven't had anything productive to say it takes too much brain power :rofl: I've been a lazy cow these past 2 weeks I had 14 hours sleep last night n stil woke up tired!

I promise to read backwards n catch up with what's going on tomorrow. But for tonight I'm gonna say goodnight my lovelies enjoy ur Saturday evening xxxx lov Caz xxx

Hello lovelies. Not much to say really... just popping in. I have cleaning and straightening to do. Clothes to put away. Christmas gifts to wrap. Boo! I've decided to have a 2nd go at roast with Yorkshire pudding. I think the issue was oil that wasn't hot enough and batter without enough air in it. So, I'm going to give it a go again on Monday. Thinking of adding mushrooms to the mix with the roast. I do love mushrooms. And really considering cooking the roast with a few strips of bacon over it... Everything is better with bacon. LOL

Then, the left over roast potatoes are going to fashion us some 'Bubble and Squeak' on Tuesday. Justin has asked me for a couple of years to make it, and I'm finally going to try. I'm a bit excited, as it sounds like it might be very good! :) We'll see!

Megg, what's Bubble and Squeak? I'll google.

Just had some lunch and did some shopping with Tim. We got a lot of things for our Thanksgiving meal. I love hosting this holiday at my house! I love cooking for people and making them smile!!

I called Tim's cousin to ask if I could borrow some chairs for Thanksgiving. She and her husband and their 2 year old son are coming. Her sister is also coming with her husband and 1 year old son. Her sister recently announced she's pregnant again. Ugh. But I can deal. I told Tim if the other cousin announces she's pregnant at Thanksgiving I might murder her. Anyhoo, I called her to ask about the chairs and our call got cut off. I texted her and asked her if I should call her husband. She texted back and told me to call her husband and also told me to ask her husband about their "news."

Shit, shit, shit. The only "news" I can possibly think of is that they are pregnant. I know they were trying. We tried calling her husband and he didn't answer. Stay tuned....

Megg, what's Bubble and Squeak? I'll google.

Just had some lunch and did some shopping with Tim. We got a lot of things for our Thanksgiving meal. I love hosting this holiday at my house! I love cooking for people and making them smile!!

I called Tim's cousin to ask if I could borrow some chairs for Thanksgiving. She and her husband and their 2 year old son are coming. Her sister is also coming with her husband and 1 year old son. Her sister recently announced she's pregnant again. Ugh. But I can deal. I told Tim if the other cousin announces she's pregnant at Thanksgiving I might murder her. Anyhoo, I called her to ask about the chairs and our call got cut off. I texted her and asked her if I should call her husband. She texted back and told me to call her husband and also told me to ask her husband about their "news."

Shit, shit, shit. The only "news" I can possibly think of is that they are pregnant. I know they were trying. We tried calling her husband and he didn't answer. Stay tuned....

Oh cripes! Blah... :hugs: Maybe it'll be some other news. I hope its some other news!

Bubble and Squeak is a dish traditionally made of left overs. Its potatoes (some things say mashed potatoes), cabbage, and onion that you form into patties and pan fry. I intend to add in some bacon and maybe mushrooms... because I can't just be traditional. LOL

Nice! I'm not a meat eater, but I'm sure it's delicious. I say I'm not a meat eater but I do eat poultry every now and then.

I make turkey croquettes the following day. It is a Spanish dish. My step-father (being from Spain) made them the day after every Thanksgiving. I've taken on the tradition and people love them. I think I love the croquettes more than the Turkey dinner!

Oh, and maybe they have some other "news" but they already have a kid, they own a house, they both have jobs. I honestly can't think of anything else it could be. We'll see.

I'm hoping one of them got a big promotion! LOL I can't help it!

I don't actually like turkey that much, so I'd probably like the croquettes better too. I respect people who don't eat meat... but I'd rather starve than give up meat. I wouldn't eat anything but carbs if I didn't eat meat! :rofl:

I doubt it is a promotion, but a good thought. She only works part time as a teacher and he is at a start up where he's already one of the top people.

Tim and I just went to their house to pick up a card table to use for Thanksgiving. I had specifically told Tim that he had to ask about the "news." I just couldn't bring myself to do it. He completely forgot!!! So I still don't know! I yelled at Tim. I told him he has to find out before Thanksgiving. I can't deal with an announcement on Thanksgiving. I need time to process beforehand. Crap! Stay tuned...

i think i need to buy a new bbt thermometer ive been getting the same temp again though i had to use the temp adjust cause ive woken early again urgh sigh

Hearty i think you have to definately find out her news before Thanksgiving...I think it will too hard to deal with while youre hosting a dinner party...

Megg your new roast ideas are sounding delish, you are sooo right bacon does make everything taste better!!!

I had a crap weekend. I decided to take everyones advice and set some boundaries with my sister. On Friday night at 11.30 she calls me after shes been out with her mates since after work. As soon as i pick up the phone i regret it cause i see that shes in a nagging mood. So i ask her how she is, did she have a good time ect. She responds to everything in a monotone so i ask the dreades question "whats wrong" at first shes like nothing nothing important. Afetr much pushing from me she says that shes pissed off with our parents who gave her a lecture about drinking too much and ruining her evening. So im like yeah that sucks but to be expected bla bla. So then Master chef comes on and i say right im gonna watch masterchef ill call you later. As soon as i hang up she sends me a text msg telling me that im a complete bitch for hanging up to watch a tv show. I lost it completely!!! I called her and basically told her shes not allowed to talk to me that way and that shes being selfish and spoiled.... The next day she calls me and acts like nothing happened which is what she always does when shes fucked up. This time i didnt let it slide....I told her that unless she takes responsibility and apologises for what she wrote we are finished. She will never apologise so i guess we wont be speaking any time soon..... Do you guys think i handles it right???

Hearty i think you have to definately find out her news before Thanksgiving...I think it will too hard to deal with while youre hosting a dinner party...

Megg your new roast ideas are sounding delish, you are sooo right bacon does make everything taste better!!!

I had a crap weekend. I decided to take everyones advice and set some boundaries with my sister. On Friday night at 11.30 she calls me after shes been out with her mates since after work. As soon as i pick up the phone i regret it cause i see that shes in a nagging mood. So i ask her how she is, did she have a good time ect. She responds to everything in a monotone so i ask the dreades question "whats wrong" at first shes like nothing nothing important. Afetr much pushing from me she says that shes pissed off with our parents who gave her a lecture about drinking too much and ruining her evening. So im like yeah that sucks but to be expected bla bla. So then Master chef comes on and i say right im gonna watch masterchef ill call you later. As soon as i hang up she sends me a text msg telling me that im a complete bitch for hanging up to watch a tv show. I lost it completely!!! I called her and basically told her shes not allowed to talk to me that way and that shes being selfish and spoiled.... The next day she calls me and acts like nothing happened which is what she always does when shes fucked up. This time i didnt let it slide....I told her that unless she takes responsibility and apologises for what she wrote we are finished. She will never apologise so i guess we wont be speaking any time soon..... Do you guys think i handles it right???

I do think you handled it right! Letting it slide is just giving her permission to treat you any way she sees fit. And, you deserve love and respect. You shouldn't be treated the way she's been treating you! If she can't be an adult and apologize, then she doesn't deserve your support! :hugs:

I'm making the roast on Monday and cannot wait! I think it'll be amazing with the bacon. For those who like mushrooms, what kind would you suggest? I don't want to use canned ones. Thinking about dried porcini mushrooms? Maybe? Any ideas are welcome!

Thanks Megg, i really needed to hear that!!

Mmmmm porchini yes!!!!!! I would use a mix of wild mushrooms: porchini, portobello anything i could find. Definately dont use canned, their texture alone can screw the meal up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->