Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Thanks Megg, i really needed to hear that!!

Mmmmm porchini yes!!!!!! I would use a mix of wild mushrooms: porchini, portobello anything i could find. Definately dont use canned, their texture alone can screw the meal up.

I thought about portobello, but they're so meaty themselves that I don't want to take away from the beef. But, porcini just feels right. Maybe I can find a good mix with a bit of portobello but not too much.

Another question... If I use dried mushrooms, do I need to use more liquid than normal? Or not?

You need to rehydrate the dried mushrooms before you use them. Put them in hot water for 30 minutes, then drain but keep the stock. You substitute some of the water you will be using with the mushroom stock. Good point about the meatiness of the portobellos!

You need to rehydrate the dried mushrooms before you use them. Put them in hot water for 30 minutes, then drain but keep the stock. You substitute some of the water you will be using with the mushroom stock. Good point about the meatiness of the portobellos!

You're way to smart for your own good! Yay! Okay! :) I'll grab some mushrooms tomorrow and prepare for the roast of the century on Monday! I *WILL* perfect this process! Now, off to bed with me before the sun comes up! LOL G'night dear! I hope your day gets better! :hugs: Love you!

Vicky given the entire story, there wasn't much else you could do. You needed to stand up for yourself. However, I'd like to offer some advice that might help if this happens again. Setting boundaries doesn't always have to mean telling the person. You can do it in non verbal ways too. One way is to not answer the phone. I assume you have caller ID. If you know it's her, especially if it is late, don't answer. Eventually she'll understand that she can't always look to you to unload her baggage. You might want to set a silent boundary with yourself saying you will only answer her phone calls 3 times a week or whatever you feel comfortable with.

Also, when you do answer the phone, don't fall into her trap. She lured you in and you fell right in. She wanted you to ask what's wrong. She wanted you to pull it out of her. Next time don't ask. If she is answering your questions in a monotone voice let her. Then tell her you are glad she had a good night and tell her you need to go to bed and will talk to her later. Don't give her the opportunity to vent. Once you've opened that door, it is all but impossible to shut without being the bad guy. She has made herself the victim. This type of person will always turn things around so they can stay in that victim role as long as people let them. Don't feed into that perception she has of herself.

I know this is all easier said than done and in the heat of the moment it is all but impossible. That's why you need to have a plan before the moment hits. I work in boundary setting with my clients all the time. It takes a lot of practice. I hope this is helpful.

Oh yeah and guess who got a high reading on her cbfm on CD 12? That's right, me!!! :happydance:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Amanda, thats fantastic hun. Meds must be working.xxxxxxx

Thanks Sassalicious! I think they must be! Lots of BDing in my future. How are you?

Yes hunny, lure that hubby in with some of those fab boots of your's!

Yucky, soooooo sick, soooooo tired! Still in my pj's and it's nearly 4pm!xx

What you upto today??xxx

Woo hoo Amanda thats fantastic news :happydance:

Sassy sorry your feeling so yucky dont feel bad about being in your pj's its a sunday. Look after yourself.

:hugs: xx

Woo, Hearty!!! :happydance: Get busy, girlie! Btw, I think that was some awesome advice you gave Vicky. I can employ some of that in my own life. Any news on Tim's cousin's news?

Sassy, enjoy your PJs, you deserve to take it easy. :)

Vicky, I wouldn't feel bad about the way you handled it; there wasn't much you could do in that situation. It's good that you're starting to set boundaries and you are entitled to her respect,so I wouldn't speak to her until she was respectful, either.

Megg, I can't think about food this early in the morning, but it sounds like you're cooking up quite the feast.

Jenny, I dunno, have you tried taking your temp vaginally or at a different time of day to see if it's working at all?

I have an AF related question. TMI alert!!! She is very light for me this month, and I'm wondering what's up with that? It's CD4 for me today and I woke up to nothing, and yesterday was light. CD1 and 2 were 'medium' I guess, I mean it was red but no clots like normal. Won't this cause a problem TTC if I don't 'shed' enough? Or maybe because my progesterone was low this cycle I didn't build up a good lining in the first place? It just seems weird...I'm wondering if it was the soy or what. This is really starting to drive me crazy because a year ago everything was like clockwork and normal. Thank you, TTC.

Hey Allie,

I have no idea what it means but I have always had VERY light AF's only 3 days at most and only 1 day medium flow, HTH.xxxx

Woo, Hearty!!! :happydance: Get busy, girlie! Btw, I think that was some awesome advice you gave Vicky. I can employ some of that in my own life. Any news on Tim's cousin's news?

Vicky, I wouldn't feel bad about the way you handled it; there wasn't much you could do in that situation. It's good that you're starting to set boundaries and you are entitled to her respect,so I wouldn't speak to her until she was respectful, either.

Megg, I can't think about food this early in the morning, but it sounds like you're cooking up quite the feast.

Jenny, I dunno, have you tried taking your temp vaginally or at a different time of day to see if it's working at all?

I have an AF related question. TMI alert!!! She is very light for me this month, and I'm wondering what's up with that? It's CD4 for me today and I woke up to nothing, and yesterday was light. CD1 and 2 were 'medium' I guess, I mean it was red but no clots like normal. Won't this cause a problem TTC if I don't 'shed' enough? Or maybe because my progesterone was low this cycle I didn't build up a good lining in the first place? It just seems weird...I'm wondering if it was the soy or what. This is really starting to drive me crazy because a year ago everything was like clockwork and normal. Thank you, TTC.

well i changed the battery again and it both gave me the same temp to be honest i think the thermometer is on its way out i have had it about a year anyway so i will need to make do until my new one comes hopefully before af starts next fri/sat xx

Hearty EXCELLENT news babes!!! I think this is a first for you, getting a high reading so early in your cycle right????
Your advice was very helpful, youre right i dont have to answer the phone. Alex is always telling me this not just when its my sis but also my parents who also call me a million times a day and cause me alot of stress. Well today she called me and apologised for her behavior (a first!!!) and i explained to her that i cant be her unloading station and punching bag. We decided to work on acheiving a healthier relationship. I really hope we manage this cause i dont wanna end up drifting apart.

Hey girls!

Hearty excellent news of the peak and excellent advice to Vicky! reckon if you lived in England, I'd be paying to get counselling by your good self :hugs:

Vicky, I think you handled the situation perfectly. Maybe she'll think about what you're upset about and see that she was in the wrong!

Allie, maybe it's the soy making AF lighter?

Sassy, hope you're feeling less sickly hun:hugs:

Anyone watch X Factor last night? I thought most acts were disappointing given it was Beatles week. I didn't think Matt or Rebecca were good last night. My faves were the lads and Mary.

Hi to everyone else

Oh yeah and guess who got a high reading on her cbfm on CD 12? That's right, me!!! :happydance:

:wohoo: That's very exciting! A High on CD12 is very "textbook"!!! :yipee:

Yes hunny, lure that hubby in with some of those fab boots of your's!

Yucky, soooooo sick, soooooo tired! Still in my pj's and it's nearly 4pm!xx

What you upto today??xxx

Sorry you're so poorly, honey! :hugs:

It could be lower progesterone this cycle. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but if they keep getting progressively lighter or anything, it might be worth mentioning to your doc!

About the lining not shedding enough or whatever... My FS said that about 30% of the lining sheds each month. What doesn't come off one month should go the next. It helps the body maintain a fairly constant lining thickness.

Sorry Vicky, I must have missed your post whilst I was typing. Pleased you sorted things out :hugs:

Vicky I am so glad your sister apologised and I hope you can achieve a more balanced relationship with her.

Sugar I watched x-factor I dont think anyone really did the beatles justice. I did like Matt and thought Paige did a good job. I thought wagner and katie murdered their songs for me. Rebecca seemed very nervous. Who do you think will be in the bottom two?

I think Wagner may be out tonight. Especially after his comments to Cheryl about living on a council estate.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->